Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think my grandmother's pet ewok Cairn Terrier liked the squeaky toy he got for christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vS-iMjV24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
x-posted from the dog thread, but here's my uncle's dogge Prince Smiley.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I didn't get an adorable tiny squishy puppy. Thus, my Christmas was horrible. :colbert:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Away all Goats posted:

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

It was going OK till you posted this guy. Now it's just hollow without the little guy in my life. Those eyes are killing me :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bacon sandwich!

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Closest thing to EOD in the cat world.
"Carefully.......Carefully......."

Bottom cat is getting some unfortunate ideas for this thread.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!
Hope Santa Claws found everyone :3:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Dec 27, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Boom choke on how cute this is

tviolet
May 20, 2004

tviolet has a new favorite as of 10:38 on Jan 30, 2016

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Miz Kriss posted:

Not a picture, but a story that still makes me pretty drat happy despite it happening a couple weeks ago.

On November 15, I was in a really bad car accident. My femur on my right side broke through the back of the hip joint, breaking the pelvis and the hip itself in an "s" shape. I had two procedures. The first one was done in the trauma bay, which was to pull my right leg out of my hip and keep it in place until I could have a proper surgery a few days later. The second was to get the skeletal traction out and to put two rows of plates and screws in my hip and pelvis area. I've been out of work since the accident, since I physically cannot walk, let alone do my job.

I had some personal time saved up, but not enough to cover the entire 6 months I'll be out of work, and even then, it's still too soon to tell if I'm able to do my job once I get back. I've already used up all of my sick time and FMLA after I injured my left knee over the summer. I have the paperwork to apply for long term disability, since that seems to be my only hope at this point.

About a week after I was discharged from the hospital, I get a letter in the mail from work. My coworkers donated almost two weeks of their paid personal time to me. Like... they gave up their vacation time, just so I could use it. The donations are confidential, so I have no idea who to thank. I know it's not much in the long run, but It still makes me tear up from their generosity.

This is really great and reminded me of one at my job - earlier over the summer, we got news that one of our project engineers had cancer. He was going to be out a while for treatment but didn't have much PTO left, and knew he'd have to be out of work a specific length of time to get short term disability. Our bosses passed us the news and a bunch of us pooled our PTO time so he could take his time off paid without worrying about bills or stuff like that during treatment. It was really great to see everyone get together like that, regardless of how well they knew the guy who needed help :3:

Glad you got the help you needed too and hope you're doing better!

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

nyooom!

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Just letting you guys know too, but I'll be closing the PYF Dog Pictures thread once someone makes a new one. It's really old and most of the early pictures aren't showing up at all and we could use a fresh one!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

:3: hoverdog :3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Every picture of Ian McKellen and/or Patrick Stewart is cute and uplifting just by virtue of what good people they both are :unsmith:

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

My dogs Doomhammer and Nova being humiliated :3:

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

Radio! posted:

You'd better post so many pictures.

Ask and Answered.

Went to the Zoological Wildlife Conservation Center for their "Join the Pack: Wolf Ambassador" tour this morning. This was my Christmas gift to my girlfriend. :3:

It was raining, because this is the Pacific Northwest and rain is how we roll, bitches. But that also means all of our blurry camphone pictures were taken of the first half of the tour before our fingers got to cold for the screen to register. Note to self, next time bring a disposable camera.

The wolves were all super excited.

There were six of us total- an older couple, a younger couple, my girlfriend and myself. They had us scatter about so we wouldn't seem like a pack ourselves and the wolves could come up and say "hi" once they were comfortable.

They got comfortable right away.

The enclosure as muddy as hell and it gets all over you immediately, the wolves helped of course.

The wolves circle around all excited like land sharks...

...before BOOM face full of wolf.

When wolves want to give you kisses, close your mouth and take it.

Me and my girl.

The older couple and the lady who runs the place.

The guy from the younger couple, looks like I didn't get any shots of his girlfriend. :shrug: Too bad, the year old timber pups like to swarm her and try to steal her hat. :3:

At the end, the lady in charge brought the alpha wolf, Alejandro to say goodbye to everyone. He would pop up on our shoulders and give us wolf kisses. On his hind legs he was taller than me and almost knocked me over.

We smelled like wet dog the whole way home.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Otter pancakes.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

TheSmilingJackal posted:

Ask and Answered.

Went to the Zoological Wildlife Conservation Center for their "Join the Pack: Wolf Ambassador" tour this morning. This was my Christmas gift to my girlfriend. :3:

It was raining, because this is the Pacific Northwest and rain is how we roll, bitches. But that also means all of our blurry camphone pictures were taken of the first half of the tour before our fingers got to cold for the screen to register. Note to self, next time bring a disposable camera.

The wolves were all super excited.

There were six of us total- an older couple, a younger couple, my girlfriend and myself. They had us scatter about so we wouldn't seem like a pack ourselves and the wolves could come up and say "hi" once they were comfortable.

They got comfortable right away.

The enclosure as muddy as hell and it gets all over you immediately, the wolves helped of course.

The wolves circle around all excited like land sharks...

...before BOOM face full of wolf.

When wolves want to give you kisses, close your mouth and take it.

Me and my girl.

The older couple and the lady who runs the place.

The guy from the younger couple, looks like I didn't get any shots of his girlfriend. :shrug: Too bad, the year old timber pups like to swarm her and try to steal her hat. :3:

At the end, the lady in charge brought the alpha wolf, Alejandro to say goodbye to everyone. He would pop up on our shoulders and give us wolf kisses. On his hind legs he was taller than me and almost knocked me over.

We smelled like wet dog the whole way home.

If you ever break up with your girlfriend you have an offer of a wolf patting companion right here :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I had to leave my cat at home with only a once-a-day sitter coming in to feed her for the past 4 days.

She basically did that when I came in :3:

Also, that wolf thing is so cool and I am hiding it from my gf because I don't have the capability of going there RIGHT NOW to do it THIS INSTANT.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

What I'm taking from this is, if a lion loves you, you will need prodigious bodily strength to field it. Otherwise you will spend a lot of your time pancaked under a confused lion that was excited to see you but is now worried about you.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pander posted:

I had to leave my cat at home with only a once-a-day sitter coming in to feed her for the past 4 days.

She basically did that when I came in :3:

Also, that wolf thing is so cool and I am hiding it from my gf because I don't have the capability of going there RIGHT NOW to do it THIS INSTANT.

Big cats and housecats are basically exactly the same only the big cats are big. That's the only real difference. And that's why big cats are so dangerous.

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
Big cats are not the same as house cats. I recommend checking the Big Cats As Pets section here: http://bigcatawareness.tumblr.com/resources

Tl;dr unnecessary injuries occur when people assume big cats are similar to house cats. That's because no big cats have been domesticated, while house cats are (and we know how terrifying a feral/not tame house cat can be).
On a lighter note the person who wrote that resource post has worked at Big Cat Rescue which is a pretty rad place with lots of adorable yt videos, like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11uu8L8FTY

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Slime posted:

Big cats and housecats are basically exactly the same only the big cats are big. That's the only real difference. And that's why big cats are so dangerous.

Try rubbing that belly and see how much of your arm you come away with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
House cat or big cat?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Gorilla Salad posted:

House cat or big cat?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Nightmare Zone posted:

Big cats are not the same as house cats. I recommend checking the Big Cats As Pets section here: http://bigcatawareness.tumblr.com/resources

Yeah, I've read enough of this to be kind of uncomfortable when big cat/human interactions get posted here. I don't want to harsh people's cute but yyeeah...

Especially when big cats can be adorable in their own right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlwCG7r4saw

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try rubbing that belly and see how much of your arm you come away with.

My point is that if you rub a housecat's belly and it playfully chomps on you it's fine, but if a lion playfully chomps on you your arm is loving gone. Ever pissed off your cat by kicking it out of somewhere you don't want it to be? It might hiss and get angry at you, but it can't really do much to stop you. A lion can.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

please enjoy this grilled cheese moth

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Slime posted:

No, housecats are just big cats that can't kill you quite as easily. They try all the time but just aren't up to the task.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Taerkar posted:

No, housecats are just big cats that can't kill you quite as easily. They try all the time but just aren't up to the task.

I've often wondered how big you could make a housecat before it became problematic.

Like, do owners of savannah cats periodically have to go get stitches and tell the doctor "the cat pounced on my ankles again?"

What's the weight cutoff where it's no longer safe?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I've often wondered how big you could make a housecat before it became problematic.

Like, do owners of savannah cats periodically have to go get stitches and tell the doctor "the cat pounced on my ankles again?"

About 6 kilos

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Facebook video of a bowl of baby capybara

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This gif is always kinda weird to me. It's like, that's a funky African-looking cat statue, until suddenly INCOMING

Similar thing with this sugar glider gif.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's like there's a wrestling belt up there, and he's giving the best possible body slam ever :)

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This post is about tapirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Palmersaurus posted:

This post is about tapirs