Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Kill La Kill was poo poo but had some cool moments. Fight Club Uniform was awesome, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Little Witch Academia was a better Trigger creation anyway.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That's because Little Witch Academia is the Citizen Kane of anime.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm the Citizen Kane of anime

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

But what is the Metroid Prime of anime?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
LWA is really good, it just sucks there hasn't been anything else about the second part in awhile. I hope it still gets made.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

WickedHate posted:

LWA is really good, it just sucks there hasn't been anything else about the second part in awhile. I hope it still gets made.

I backed the Kickstarter, on Christmas day they had an update that said that Yoh Yoshinari (the director) was finishing up the storyboard, and it should be done before the weekend (i.e.: right about now); they're starting physical production (drawing and animation), and they expect to deliver the finished product around May 2015.

Relevant link: here.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Why are people trying to say Kill la Kill wasn't a horny time? Why does this forum always try to pretend everything isn't horny?

Someone on this forum said The Circumstances in My Home's Bathtub wasn't homoerotic. I'll let you know, I found it very erotic, and also homo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I learned from this thread is that WickedHate thinks KLK is a more important anime than the people who created it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mikl posted:

I backed the Kickstarter, on Christmas day they had an update that said that Yoh Yoshinari (the director) was finishing up the storyboard, and it should be done before the weekend (i.e.: right about now); they're starting physical production (drawing and animation), and they expect to deliver the finished product around May 2015.

Relevant link: here.

Awesome! That's excellent news, thank you.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

every moe anime has worst animation than stringendo and accelerando: ultimatum sera which is just scene after scene of people sucking the cum out of dicks. They have worse plots and less believable characters as well. Funny, how things are, sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disappearance_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya

look at how wrong you are

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

laplace posted:

Also: I've lived in Japan. PDA is very weird and foreign but kissing is most certainly not considered sexual assault. In all actuality, there are very few boundaries in Japan. Guys would go up to girls they were not dating all the time and kiss them, and while the girls would freak out, no one would get into any trouble for it because it was just Dudes Bein Dudes. People get Kancho'd all the time no matter the age and it's not uncommon to see people pantsed or other sexual things happen without reparation. So yeah, that's just like, objectively false.

Japan is an oddly repressed society but one of the ways that manifests is there being no boundaries and people never getting in trouble for doing poo poo because it's seen as normal. I lived in a relatively conservative area and yet I still walked onto two people loving in a park at night.

so what you're saying is sexual assault isn't considered sexual assault in japan?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

so what you're saying is sexual assault isn't considered sexual assault in japan?

Women are expected to deal with it and not raise a fuss.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/17/world/on-tokyo-s-packed-trains-molesters-are-brazen.html

quote:

"The train was so crowded she couldn't get away from him," Miss Omori said. "At the next station she stepped out to change cars, but he followed her."

For many Japanese women, such transgressions are tolerated with disgust mainly because they feel they have no redress. Some women say that the police ignore the problem, even when plainclothes officers -- on duty to scout for pickpockets -- see a molester in action.

"The police are very uncooperative," said Kazue Akita, an outspoken female lawyer. "Because it happens so often, the women just give up. Society thinks it isn't a big problem, so women are forced to think so as well. It's not only the criminals I'm furious at. Sometimes I want to kill the policemen as well."

Trainmasters seem embarrassed by the molesting and say such behavior and other crimes are police matters, but they say they can do little besides comfort the victim or scold the molester if they catch him. When an angry woman once dragged in a young man who had molested her, Masami Tsukada, a deputy trainmaster on the Odakyu line, just issued a warning.

"The woman didn't insist on calling the police and the guy admitted he did it but said he was repentant," Mr. Tsukada said. "We generally bring the woman into our office to soothe her and we reprimand the people who commit the crimes."

Ten years later

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/1483150/Record-number-of-women-groped-on-Tokyos-subway.html

quote:

High school girls are the main targets and the lines they use are the ones favoured by molesters.

Various tactics have been used to stop the assaults, including putting plainclothes women police officers on to trains.

Most incidents take place during the morning rush hour and police have called for more women-only carriages.

Many Japanese women, brought up to defer to men, find it difficult to confront a molester. Some accept being groped as an unfortunate fact of life.

Change is hard

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of the shojo manga is when the protagonist is saved from a subway creep by the new love interest.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Kill la Kill - Well I think the thread has pretty well covered this one.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete (In Search of Lost Future) - Spent the vast majority of its run being a dull slice of life thing. Then got real stupid when the time came to resolve the overarching plot. Just as a small example, the writers of this show think that Schrödinger's cat is an actual physical experiment that people actually have done.

Denki-gai no Honya-san - There's a difference between poking fun at the excesses of otaku culture and rolling around it them like a pig in poo poo. This show was definitely the latter.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Brynhildr in the Darkness) - Stopped watching at the point where the plot moved forward a single, solitary inch and then immediately a character used stupid bullshit time travel to undo said plot development. I kind of like it when shows at least pretend to value my time.

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de (When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace) - Had potential but was a boring harem show in the end.

Honorable mentions:
Witch Craft Works - This is the only show I've ever quit in the middle of an episode because of how cliched and boring it was.

Nisekoi - I watched a bit of this because by all accounts it's insanely popular and it ended up being the most generic harem thing possible. Like if someone made a do-it-yourself kit for making a harem show this would be the result of a retarded person using it.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Don't lump haruhi in with the garbage this board likes

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm saying the image of Japan as a perfectly beautiful honoraburu nation is completely off base because Japan is Sexism The Country

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

laplace posted:

I'm saying the image of Japan as a perfectly beautiful honoraburu nation is completely off base because Japan is Sexism The Country

what about South Korea? are there multiple Sexisms: The Countries?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh is this happening now

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Korean Cartoons aren't real anime

aers
Feb 15, 2012

We live on isms: The Planet so I don't think it really matters.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

You're all wrong. I watched the first two episodes and also the final episode of Bladedance of Elementalers while drunk and searching for the title on crunchyroll that had the most awkward name, and it was DEFINITELY the worst thing i've seen all year. And I could like, go through and point to every reason why, but i'm pretty sure you can get the idea just as easily if I say that it's a twelve episode adapation of one arc of a "fantasy light novel series" and also just timg the following.

World Eight
Oct 18, 2012
So is this the place where I talk about all the awful poo poo I watched this year? Hooray, I love talking about awful poo poo!

Fate/Stay Night, or my continued self flagellation.
Fate is dumb and bad, and no amount of flashy effects has changed this for me. I cannot explain why I feel the need to watch every new iteration of it beyond extreme self hatred.

Magical Warfare, or I can only blame myself for watching past the first episode.
One character's only power is to make her breasts grow in size... and apparently nothing else. I didn't watch far enough to see if this changes. I also so do not care.

Sakura Trick, or Lesbians Lesbians Lesbians Les-
I don't remember exactly why I hated this, but then again I can't remember much of anything about it (aside from lesbians lesbians lesbians of course). I choose to attribute my memory loss to the show being aggressively boring.

Wizard Barristers, or seriously watch episode 11 it is the best for all the wrong reasons.
Can this even count as a worst anime? I mean, the word anime kind of implies that there would be, you know, animation, but apparently whoever was in charge of the later episodes didn't get that memo.
Seriously, go watch episode 11 of Wizard Barristers. I still can't really believe that this is a thing that happened.

I don't have a fifth one. I am very thankful for this.

Now to go watch every show that has been mentioned in this thread so far. :suicide:

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

World Eight posted:

Now to go watch every show that has been mentioned in this thread so far. :suicide:

Hey now, let's not do anything hasty. You don't need to watch Wolf Girl at all.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Mad Lupine posted:

Hey now, let's not do anything hasty. You don't need to watch Wolf Girl at all.

Or Kill la Kill.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

point of return posted:

Or Kill la Kill.

Everyone should watch Kill la Kill.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WickedHate posted:

Then you too can post about how "No this titty anime is actually really DEEP guys please don't make fun of me for liking it!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Then you too can post about how "No this titty anime is actually really DEEP guys please don't make fun of me for liking it!"

I don't mind being made fun of what I like, I just think other people read too much into things that aren't meant to be taken that way. For the record, I really like Ping Pong.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Don't pick that hill to die on. There is no chance in hell of KLK ever being regarded as more then a passing oddity.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If you're going to die on a hill it should be, at minimum, covered in swords.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I dropped KLK then didn't post anything about it until now. You guys should try that too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yes, everybody who has until now been silent, let loose a torrent of KlK posting!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

World Eight posted:

Don't watch Mahouka man. I really won't feel right if my posts somehow, in some way, make people watch even one episode of that boring-rear end show :(

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2lVi-SeIx0

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Demolition D is good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WORD? WORD

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

WickedHate posted:

You should watch... your loving step kid

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Please reveal to me how many people in this thread haven't watched Kids on the Slope but have watched the really bad shows everyone is posting about

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Please reveal to me how many people in this thread haven't watched Kids on the Slope but have watched the really bad shows everyone is posting about

That's an answer you can only find in your heart Big Anime Fan Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

If you want all of the valuable commentary from KLK just watch Me!Me!Me! instead. It's got better animation and better tits (and no incest or rape, which is a pretty big plus in my book), though I'll admit KLK had decent music. About all you're missing is Mako and Gamagoori, but in return you're saving like 8 hours of your life.

I didn't hate Kill La Kill. It had some good moments but it was very deeply flawed and probably the most disappointing anime of 2014, if not quite the worst. I deeply regret my purchase of this avatar.

• Locked thread