Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

My favorite part was when Ra's totally clowned Oliver and made him look like a complete fool. Don't gently caress with Ra's.

I finally caught up with all the episodes. Ollie got his rear end kicked. :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amell is raising his game with Knocking Point, move over jim Lee.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/775430772542192/?type=1&theater

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:Spoiler Ahead:siren:

Looks like we just may have found out who finds Oliver.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some spoiler free stills from that promo:

Cool Roy running shots, actually seems to be doing something.

Whoa! Going back in time?????? Or a lazy editor? DISCUSS

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

I just bought season 2 on bluray. Got me wondering how they'll offer season 3. I'm hoping for a combined release option for Arrow s3 and Flash s1 that allows to watch both seasons in release order. Either that or include both crossover episodes on each release.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

I watched that whole interview, Barrowman owns :allears:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Some spoiler free stills from that promo:

Cool Roy running shots, actually seems to be doing something.

Lazy editing, isn't the signage on the wrong side for America?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocksicles posted:

Lazy editing, isn't the signage on the wrong side for America?

That's what clues you in? The side of the road the backwards speed limit sign is on?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:thejoke:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can't drive 22.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I goddamn love Barrowman in this role. He's just so wonderfully hammy, with the ability to rein it in juuuust enough to land a dramatic moment when required.

Don't get me wrong, he's dead by the end of the season - I guarantee it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

That still is for an early promo commercial for The Flash, just reversed.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this? posted:

That still is for an early promo commercial for The Flash, just reversed.

If its from the New Zealand teaser, it's meant to look like that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

Good catch, those freaky kiwis and their signs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That's better.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

I goddamn love Barrowman in this role. He's just so wonderfully hammy, with the ability to rein it in juuuust enough to land a dramatic moment when required.

Not before the O.M.A.C.s come online and start terrorizing the gently caress out of everyone.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Narcissus1916 posted:

I doubt it. He has been made out to be Olie's biggest villain so he will be dead in the last episode.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wait, people have been speculating that the pit is why Merlyn is still alive? Why would he be terrified of Ra's finding out he's still alive then?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
His line when he showed up again last year was "there are places in the world where death is an illusion. I've been to one and I learned to be very convincing."

A lot of people, including people here, misinterpreted that line as "I'm from the League and Lazarus Pits are a thing so I came back from the dead," instead of the much more likely interpretation of "I can fake my death really really well."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Plus, y'know, his League name is the Magician.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

So what you're saying is that Malcolm Merlyn is Zatanna? Cool.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Zatara

Thea is zatanna.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Zatara

Thea is zatanna.

I was not previously familiar with Zatara. Neat! Disappointing lack of fishnets, though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BarbarousBertha posted:

I was not previously familiar with Zatara. Neat! Disappointing lack of fishnets, though.

Yeah, I think Barrowman could really work it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

Merlyn the Magician was his carny name. Yes, in his old school origin, Merlyn is a carny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I know, but I like the way they worked it in at the same time they worked in Ra's tendency to boil people down to a single trait when referring to them.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I know it's already been mentioned but the prayer Ra's says is loving radical.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I know, but I like the way they worked it in at the same time they worked in Ra's tendency to boil people down to a single trait when referring to them.

S4, Slade gets out and kills a bunch of the League and gets the title "the Terminator" by R'as

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

S4, Slade gets out and kills a bunch of the League and gets the title "the Terminator" by R'as

As long as he's wearing Arnold's sunglasses, I'd watch an entire show about that.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Does Ollie go back to the island every few days to feed his criminal pets or are they just starved to death?

those cells are a little too nice to be used just for starvation.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

laplace posted:

Does Ollie go back to the island every few days to feed his criminal pets or are they just starved to death?

those cells are a little too nice to be used just for starvation.

ARGUS runs the prison.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Kibayasu posted:

ARGUS runs the prison.

Ah, so starvation and brain bombs. That answers that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stephen actually addressed that in his last Q&A. He said that if Oliver wasn't willing to kill Slade with an arrow, he certainly wouldn't leave him to starve, as that's way less humane.

He also said we'll probably get a direct answer to the question later this season.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All the cut Roy footage is actually him going to feed the prisoners.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Felt like a bit of a dick move to put Captain Boomerang in there with Slade, I guess since he was suicide squad and such Argus would want him somewhere super secure and he does know Ollies secret identity (or could easily figure it out) but still, what he did wasn't any worse than what other criminals of the week do.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Felt like a bit of a dick move to put Captain Boomerang in there with Slade, I guess since he was suicide squad and such Argus would want him somewhere super secure and he does know Ollies secret identity (or could easily figure it out) but still, what he did wasn't any worse than what other criminals of the week do.

Lots of other criminals of the week were killed or arrested by the regular Starling City PD. With Boomerang's Suicide Squad training, it was implied he would be more dangerous than the average criminals of the week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Captain Boomerang was a Suicide Squad member and killed multiple members of ARGUS. There's no way ARGUS would want him anywhere near a normal prison.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

By next season Lian Yu will be a Task Force X training camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Warmachine posted:

By next season Lian Yu will be a Task Force X training camp.

Nah. It'll be Cadmus Island.

• Locked thread