Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
This game just doesn't want to be played. I'm not going to worry about spoiling a 10 year old game and it is my hope I can dissuade anyone else from wasting their time. There's a reason this game flopped so drat hard.

I made it to the Fu Syndicate in Chinatown and the whole experiment routine doesn't work. At first I was excited at having my vampire physiology scrutinized under a series of otherwise fatal conditions, until I proved to be too much for the equipment. I dodged the lasers in the first room but the door didn't open at the end. I used Celerity and made it to the other side before the guy finished monolouging, so I waited until he finished his speech before I ran across after a reload. That seemed to work. Next, I dodged the whirling blades in the following room but the door didn't open no matter how long I dodged. It didn't matter how many times I ran in a figure 8 around those things or how much damage I let myself take, the door didn't open. On subsequent reloads the whirling blades are completely stationary and it's impossible to get the dialogue started to try and progress the level. The next room saw me getting in a firefight with men in black. After killing them, the doors don't open. The next room results in me getting electrocuted without the room advancing no matter how much damage I take, and the next room is the same case, only with fire. All the while my gaoler and his assistant are 5 or 6 rooms behind me, not advancing the game.

Needless to say I nocliped my way through this poo poo in hopes of salvaging my game to no avail. I was even able to noclip into the same room with the guy and feed on him. I fed on him until he died from it because his lovely laboratory doesn't work. Yes, I get fan patches are supposed to fix this broken amalgamation of spaghetti code boxed and sold under the guise of being a :krad: vampire role playing game, but those can only do so much. The truth is, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is a broken unpatched beta version of the Source engine. In what was supposed to showcase Valve's next gen game engine we have a parody of what it could have been. It was released as a lovely nigh unplayable mishmash of garbage from the get go, and only through some devoted fans do we have something approaching a playable game. Not for me though!

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You will notice that the electricity generators have periodic parts where they may possibly be overloaded. Possibly with one of the many weapons you are carrying.

Congratulations on being stumped on a 10 year old puzzle, I guess.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Ddraig posted:

You will notice that the electricity generators have periodic parts where they may possibly be overloaded. Possibly with one of the many weapons you are carrying.

Congratulations on being stumped on a 10 year old puzzle, I guess.

I guess you missed the parts where I said my captor wasn't keeping up with me no matter what I would do in his experiment rooms. It doesn't matter what I do because the scripting is broken somewhere along the way and it's somehow unhitched. Loading save games wasn't helping because poo poo was simply breaking and triggers weren't being activated to progress the quest.

Congratulations on being stumped by a paragraph at a 10th grade reading level, I guess.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

This game just doesn't want to be played. I'm not going to worry about spoiling a 10 year old game and it is my hope I can dissuade anyone else from wasting their time. There's a reason this game flopped so drat hard.

I made it to the Fu Syndicate in Chinatown and the whole experiment routine doesn't work. At first I was excited at having my vampire physiology scrutinized under a series of otherwise fatal conditions, until I proved to be too much for the equipment. I dodged the lasers in the first room but the door didn't open. I dodged the whirling blades in the following room but the door didn't open. It didn't matter how many times I ran in a figure 8 around those things or how much damage I let myself take, the door didn't open. On subsequent reloads the whirling blades are completely stationary and it's impossible to get the dialogue started to try and progress the level. The next room saw me getting in a firefight with men in black. After killing them, the doors don't open. The next room results in me getting electrocuted without the room advancing no matter how much damage I take, and the next room is the same case, only with fire. All the while my gaoler and his assistant are 5 or 6 rooms behind me, not advancing the game.

Needless to say I nocliped my way through this poo poo in hopes of salvaging my game to no avail. I was even able to noclip into the same room with the guy and feed on him. I fed on him until he died from it because his lovely laboratory doesn't work. I get fan patches are supposed to fix this broken amalgamation of spaghetti code boxed and soled under the auspices of being a :kickinrad: vampire role playing game, but those can only do so much. When a game is as problematic and flat out broken as this game trying to put a bandage of fan patches only gives on the false hope that a truly broken game can be salvaged. You guys may notice my post history in this thread is full of me running into problems that plague this game, and as with everything else in my life, I have had the worst luck with it. No amount of noclip or damage or me jumping around rooms seems to trigger the next sequence of this dungeon, and at this point I would argue an uninstall is the best remedy for this situation :(

You are missing some crucial things, most definitely. I don't know about the laser room, normally all you should need to do is make it to the door and it should eventually open once the Mandarin quits talking. However, from there on, you had to do different things in every room - in the whirling blade room, you shoot the boxes in the back of the room to make the blades stop, in the electric room, you shoot the things zapping you until they're destroyed, and in the fire room, you shoot one of the flamethrowers, it explodes, and it blows up the window, allowing you to exit and kill the Mandarin.

As far as I can tell, this is a very scripted sequence, and you noclipping through the first door already broke everything (if it wasn't already completely broke), which is why the next segments were just not going to work at all.

And yeah, you seriously have some god drat terrible luck. All my runs through this game, even my first one where I didn't have a loving clue what to do, didn't even come close to having all the problems you're having, not in the gameplay department and not in the graphics department. I honestly don't know what to say, because I'm fairly certain that you did something drastically different to produce these results, yet I can't bring myself to believe it's really your fault.

What's your game setup like? 8.8 unofficial patch plus Clan Quest?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

TheMcD posted:

You are missing some crucial things, most definitely. I don't know about the laser room, normally all you should need to do is make it to the door and it should eventually open once the Mandarin quits talking. However, from there on, you had to do different things in every room - in the whirling blade room, you shoot the boxes in the back of the room to make the blades stop, in the electric room, you shoot the things zapping you until they're destroyed, and in the fire room, you shoot one of the flamethrowers, it explodes, and it blows up the window, allowing you to exit and kill the Mandarin.

As far as I can tell, this is a very scripted sequence, and you noclipping through the first door already broke everything (if it wasn't already completely broke), which is why the next segments were just not going to work at all.

And yeah, you seriously have some god drat terrible luck. All my runs through this game, even my first one where I didn't have a loving clue what to do, didn't even come close to having all the problems you're having, not in the gameplay department and not in the graphics department. I honestly don't know what to say, because I'm fairly certain that you did something drastically different to produce these results, yet I can't bring myself to believe it's really your fault.

What's your game setup like? 8.8 unofficial patch plus Clan Quest?

Yep. 8.8 patch with the Camarilla mod that came bundled with it. I even had Doc Fuzz himself tell me how to install the game in our mumble server.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Yep. 8.8 patch with the Camarilla mod that came bundled with it. I even had Doc Fuzz himself tell me how to install the game in our mumble server.

Huh, I wouldn't have suggested Camarilla Edition for the first time through, since that adds even more changes and very probably makes the game a lot more unstable.

As much as I figure you won't like to hear this, I'd start over. Reinstall the game clean, then simply install the latest unofficial patch (9.2), and only install the Basic version, not the Plus version. That should give you the most baseline setup, the one that's least likely to gently caress up, since the Basic edition should only give you fixes, no extra additions that mess with things. The game is quite unstable, so when something's causing problems, I'd try and approach it by trying the simplest setup.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I was able to console my way through this one. I got lucky somehow with that.

Is the Dance of the Thrashing Dragon a quest added by the fan patches? It was great fun and I had sex with a trans-kuei after a night of draining hookers dry and shooting up rival vampires. I wound up with 36 experience too.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Is the Dance of the Thrashing Dragon a quest added by the fan patches? It was great fun and I had sex with a trans-kuei after a night of draining hookers dry and shooting up rival vampires. I wound up with 36 experience too.

That's a Clan Quest thing.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

TheMcD posted:

That's a Clan Quest thing.

It was really neat.

Do you know how sometimes in gaming an ability is called 'game breaking' because it's impossibly overpowered or unbalanced? Well, Celerity 4 is gamebreaking. Literally. I move so fast that I can get hit with my own bullets if I run in front of them. I'm trying to fight two guys in a sewer who are wielding shotguns, and when I turn Celerity on I get 'Too many touching/colliding entities!!!!' errors. This crashes the game because bullets move so slow they suffuse the air around me and the engine can't handle it.

:psyduck: :shepface: :psyboom:

Trying to move along from the sad comedy that is what tries to be stability in this game, does anyone else feel like the game turns into more of an FPS oriented shooter during hollywood? Tidbits and morsels of the story begin to become scarce and come far between plot advancements.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 28, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TheMcD posted:

Huh, I wouldn't have suggested Camarilla Edition for the first time through, since that adds even more changes and very probably makes the game a lot more unstable.

As much as I figure you won't like to hear this, I'd start over. Reinstall the game clean, then simply install the latest unofficial patch (9.2), and only install the Basic version, not the Plus version. That should give you the most baseline setup, the one that's least likely to gently caress up, since the Basic edition should only give you fixes, no extra additions that mess with things. The game is quite unstable, so when something's causing problems, I'd try and approach it by trying the simplest setup.

He didn't listen to what I said in mumble and installed the latest unofficial patch, THEN the last CQM.

CQM is built around an older version of Wesp's patch, and does not work with the latest patches. There's a reason I specifically wrote in the second post that you should have a clean install when you install CQM.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fuzz posted:

He didn't listen to what I said in mumble and installed the latest unofficial patch, THEN the last CQM.

CQM is built around an older version of Wesp's patch, and does not work with the latest patches. There's a reason I specifically wrote in the second post that you should have a clean install when you install CQM.

We established in mumble that I did in fact install what you said, but got their nomenclature wrong in this thread because there's a lot of mods. For some oddball reason you list mods that conflict with one another. Just list the big ol' patch that is the all inclusive one rather than mods that don't work with up to date patches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Trying to move along from the sad comedy that is what tries to be stability in this game, does anyone else feel like the game turns into more of an FPS oriented shooter during hollywood? Tidbits and morsels of the story begin to become scarce and come far between plot advancements.
Bloodlines was wrapped up after Troika had essentially stopped existing as a studio, or so the story goes. But in general, every AAA game gets some (usually a lot, with RPGs) of content cut, and that's why so many RPGs become progressively more linear as they go

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

It was really neat.

Do you know how sometimes in gaming an ability is called 'game breaking' because it's impossibly overpowered or unbalanced? Well, Celerity 4 is gamebreaking. Literally. I move so fast that I can get hit with my own bullets if I run in front of them. I'm trying to fight two guys in a sewer who are wielding shotguns, and when I turn Celerity on I get 'Too many touching/colliding entities!!!!' errors. This crashes the game because bullets move so slow they suffuse the air around me and the engine can't handle it.

:psyduck: :shepface: :psyboom:

At this point I have no idea what's going on with your install. I've had the occasional CTD but I've never seen anything like the parade of bugs you're suffering.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
President Goku sounds like he is v. bad at video games

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gyshall posted:

President Goku sounds like he is v. bad at video games

I noe right?!?! A guy who's good at video games would be able to totes magic engine breaking bugs away and not be subjected to them.

I love how dumb people are when they read about people having problems with known unstable, broken games. They act like it's the fault of the player.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Dude I don't want to sound like a broken record but Bloodlines is a broken game on release. To the point where without the patches I can't even get it to start.

Thanks to the efforts of the community the game has become rock solid stable. I've played countless games and I don't think I've ever encountered a single game breaking bug. I don't think I've encountered anything that can even be considered close to a bug, actually, except the discipline display issue with Camarilla.

There are games that are released by huge, huge studios with extensive QA teams that are more broken than patched Bloodlines

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Is it meant to be this dark? There are parts of the game that are essentially unplayable with the graphic display as it stands. The basement of the hotel was a damned near run thing and I had the gamma turned completely up.

Has anyone else had this issue?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

saints gambit posted:

Is it meant to be this dark? There are parts of the game that are essentially unplayable with the graphic display as it stands. The basement of the hotel was a damned near run thing and I had the gamma turned completely up.

Has anyone else had this issue?

There's some kind of nightvision power every bloodline has right?

Either that or just turn up the brightness. Seeing in the dark shouldn't be a problem for vampires.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Auspex is nightvision.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I noe right?!?! A guy who's good at video games would be able to totes magic engine breaking bugs away and not be subjected to them.

I love how dumb people are when they read about people having problems with known unstable, broken games. They act like it's the fault of the player.

Seriously though man. You're posting about loving up the game every way you can just because you can't solve a puzzle where there are six things in a room to interact with and you refuse to interact with three of them in any way. You're whining about something being game breaking that you aren't in any way compelled to use. Stop playing this game and stop posting about it. You're the only one having these issues and you're handling them like an eight year old would.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was a game tester for years, and one of the first thing you learn is to use the debug menu only when it's absolutely necessary because it can cause a poo poo-ton of bugs. So if you can't solve a puzzle and use noclip to skip it, it breaks all the scripting and you end up in an unplayable and you can't even log that bug because you used the debug menu.

E: Funny story, actually, during my interview for the job way back in 200...7? You had to give examples of bugs you found in games you'd played, to see if you could actually find some. I used the unavoidable crash to desktop at the end of the Inquisition mission (pre-patch version only) as my example.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 29, 2014

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Am I missing something, or do Gangreal/Toredor basically get no special stuff?

Malk gets the most, getting everything changed/insight into the game world. Nossies get the second biggest change, as many quest givers will respond differently and you have to avoid certain areas/use different entrances. Tremere get the different haven, and I remember them getting more info out of Strauss. And don't Brujah/Venture both get more information out of their respective groups/get disliked more right out of the gate by the other group?

Are Gangrel and Toredor basically just "Yes hello -insert clan name here-" for lines or something? Or do they actually have fleshed out little stories as well and nobody just ever talks about them because why would you go Gangreal/Toredor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rookersh posted:

Malk gets the most, getting everything changed/insight into the game world. Nossies get the second biggest change, as many quest givers will respond differently and you have to avoid certain areas/use different entrances. Tremere get the different haven, and I remember them getting more info out of Strauss. And don't Brujah/Venture both get more information out of their respective groups/get disliked more right out of the gate by the other group?

Are Gangrel and Toredor basically just "Yes hello -insert clan name here-" for lines or something? Or do they actually have fleshed out little stories as well and nobody just ever talks about them because why would you go Gangreal/Toredor.

Toreador you get treated differently by the Nosferatu and all of the Toreadors in Hollywood.

Gangrel you don't get much special at all, other than the option to learn a level of Protean for free from Beckett, which I guess mechanically makes it the best Clan-related bonus in the game after the Tremere Haven.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Rookersh posted:

I don't remember getting anything special as Toreador but that was my first playthrough so I might have just not been paying enough attention. There are small things like Gary hating you for being a Toreador and special dialog options with Ash (That don't do anything)

neosloth fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 29, 2014

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Brujah and Toreador just get some dialogue and bullet time--not bad. Gangrel can get a level of protean for free, but otherwise get no special treatment. That one buff aside, they're very much the generic clan in gameplay terms.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
And last question, the upper part of my screen keeps getting all hazy, my ceilings keep disappearing if I move to quickly, and items in the distance pop in and out. I don't remember this being that bad when I played it last time, I assume I just need to tweak something?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

Seriously though man. You're posting about loving up the game every way you can just because you can't solve a puzzle where there are six things in a room to interact with and you refuse to interact with three of them in any way. You're whining about something being game breaking that you aren't in any way compelled to use. Stop playing this game and stop posting about it. You're the only one having these issues and you're handling them like an eight year old would.

You're the second person to fail reading comprehension.

quote:

I dodged the lasers in the first room but the door didn't open at the end. I used Celerity and made it to the other side before the guy finished monolouging, so I waited until he finished his speech before I ran across after a reload. That seemed to work. Next, I dodged the whirling blades in the following room but the door didn't open no matter how long I dodged. It didn't matter how many times I ran in a figure 8 around those things or how much damage I let myself take, the door didn't open. On subsequent reloads the whirling blades are completely stationary and it's impossible to get the dialogue started to try and progress the level. The next room saw me getting in a firefight with men in black. After killing them, the doors don't open. The next room results in me getting electrocuted without the room advancing no matter how much damage I take, and the next room is the same case, only with fire. All the while my gaoler and his assistant are 5 or 6 rooms behind me, not advancing the game.

It's like you guys are actively ignoring the parts where I said the game is broken and doesn't progress no matter what I did because you enjoy cyber-bullying or something. Moving on.

I've done a complete re-install. Deleted every trace of 'vampire' from my hard drive. I downloaded the Wesp 8.8 patch and installed the Basic version. How can I tell if it's working? There are no histories, no alternate load screen graphics, no version number indicator on the character screen etc. If it isn't working, is it possible to re-run the 8.8 patch with the Plus version or would I need a totally fresh install.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe you should install the 9.2 patch instead?

You should be able to see what version of the Wesp patch you're running by going to the Gameplay tab under Options.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

It's like you guys are actively ignoring the parts where I said the game is broken and doesn't progress no matter what I did because you enjoy cyber-bullying or something. Moving on.

I've done a complete re-install. Deleted every trace of 'vampire' from my hard drive. I downloaded the Wesp 8.8 patch and installed the Basic version. How can I tell if it's working? There are no histories, no alternate load screen graphics, no version number indicator on the character screen etc. If it isn't working, is it possible to re-run the 8.8 patch with the Plus version or would I need a totally fresh install.

You're pretty dumb because you're also failing to read everything everybody else posted. Nothing advanced because you didn't solve the puzzle. You don't just dodge the blades, you shoot the electrical panels behind the bars, thus stopping the blades. It's a test of your resourcefulness (that's what he compliments when you succeed) not your dodging ability. The door would have opened, and then when you get in with the electricity, once again you don't just take damage until the door opens. You shoot the electricity blasting things and then the door opens.

So instead of figuring out how to solve the puzzles 3/4 of your way through a game you alternately claim to love and then hate, you cheated through the level and are surprised when it breaks. People call you out on it, and you throw a tantrum about how they failed reading comprehension when you didn't bother to even read the actual solution to the puzzles or why using the console might break the sequence.

The one thing I admit is dumb is that if you play a no-shooty vampire and never bother to keep guns on you, you cannot solve the blade puzzle or probably the electrocution either. Maybe you can chop the tesla coil things but I doubt it. That's something that you can legit complain about, not bitching because you couldn't figure out a game and got mad when it broke because you cheated.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

When we first got a Nintendo in 1988 my dad got to the part in Zelda where blue moblins show up and he determined that because they didn't die when you stabbed them you either had to kill them with a bomb or just leave them alone. You're worse at games than he was, a dad, in 1988.

I mean, these are basic almost retard-proof puzzles you're failing to figure out here. Stop playing the game and stop posting about it, these things aren't for you.

raton fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 29, 2014

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Sheep-Goats posted:

When we first got a Nintendo in 1988 my dad got to the part in Zelda where blue moblins show up and he determined that because they didn't die when you stabbed them you either had to kill them with a bomb or just leave them alone. You're worse at games than he was, a dad, in 1988.

I mean, these are basic almost retard-proof puzzles you're failing to figure out here. Stop playing the game and stop posting about it, these things aren't for you.

If this game was made today, you'd walk into the blade room, he'd say 'Now face my ELECTRICALLY POWERED blades!' and the camera would immediately pan over to the electrical box. Which would then flash. And get a halo. And you'd get a task list in the corner of the screen saying 'destroy the electrical box!' And a flashing breadcrumb trail from your feet to the box. And five seconds later, a text popup saying 'HINT: destroy the electrical box to stop the blades.' And an arrow, on screen, pointing at the electrical box.

And my kids wouldn't actually ever play the game, but they've have watched at least three full playthroughs on youtube.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

I was the Mario Brothers 2 and 3 go to guy in the early 90s. Kids from all over my block would not call, but race their bikes to my house to get me to come to their house to beat certain parts of that game. One case in particular was getting the key from that stupid pharaoh mask that would chase you all the way out of the secret pipe area. Another was beating the rat boss who threw bombs at you. It's funny, because those games didn't have temperamental scripting.

Tell me more about your fascinating childhood.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 29, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The game is heavily scripted because it sort of expects you to not use no-clip to skip through parts you don't like and the game developers can hardly be blamed for assuming that most people would be playing it as a game and not as a DIY choose-your-own-adventure thing.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I was the Mario Brothers 2 and 3 go to guy in the early 90s. Kids from all over my block would not call, but race their bikes to my house to get me to come to their house to beat certain parts of that game. One case in particular was getting the key from that stupid pharaoh mask that would chase you all the way out of the secret pipe area. Another was beating the rat boss who threw bombs at you. It's funny, because those games didn't have temperamental scripting.

Tell me more about your fascinating childhood.

As much as I believe that children biked to your house to get you to then come to their house to play a video game level for them, stop your thread diarrhea with childish butt pain squawks about your inability to solve basic video game puzzles in the Year of Our Mario 2014, thanks.

Where did the report button go?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Once in the beginning of Half Life 1 I noclipped to the other end of the tunnel to see what was there but when I turned back the tram had left without me, well, I uninstalled that piece of poo poo garbage right then and there.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Hey Fuzz, please update the Wesp Unofficial Fan patch listed in the OP. That patch, 8.8, is over a year old now and it's 4 iterations behind the current 9.2 patch. I didn't know about this until a few posts ago because I'm a dumb garbage bag who relies on megathread OPs to tell me what to do :rolleye:

The link you provided takes you to a page that is no longer updated. For the latest and greatest Wesp Unofficial fanpatch, :siren: Click Here :siren:

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 30, 2014

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Caustic Soda posted:

The game can be quite fun, with a few exceptions. Most notably, roughly 2/3 of the way through you'll get to an extended sewer level, which is a slog. That level does have 1-2 exits to the regular sewers so if you find them you can restock on ammo/blood and make it less of a slog.

I found a secret terminal with a hacked-in floor door in the sewers while doing some noclip time-saving exploration in the current patch, with choices for a sewer shortcut door. I don't think it's active yet, but Wesp is likely going to implement a shorter-sewer option in the next release.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Hey Fuzz, please update the Wesp Unofficial Fan patch listed in the OP. That patch, 8.8, is over a year old now and it's 4 iterations behind the current 9.2 patch. I didn't know about this until a few posts ago because I'm a dumb garbage bag who relies on megathread OPs to tell me what to do :rolleye:

The link you provided takes you to a page that is no longer updated. For the latest and greatest Wesp Unofficial fanpatch, :siren: Click Here :siren:

The steam community for VTMB should also always have a link to the latest patch because WESP somehow got himself admin access there.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

superstepa posted:

The steam community for VTMB should also always have a link to the latest patch because WESP somehow got himself admin access there.

Eh, if it were in my power to grant admin access to the Steam VTMB community, you'd probably have your work cut out for you convincing me not to give it to Wesp, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

sweart gliwere posted:

I found a secret terminal with a hacked-in floor door in the sewers while doing some noclip time-saving exploration in the current patch, with choices for a sewer shortcut door. I don't think it's active yet, but Wesp is likely going to implement a shorter-sewer option in the next release.

He is?! Niice. Maybe I'll start up a new game then. With a Toreador. Because Bullet Time is good times.

• Locked thread