Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Dare the aspire to heights higher than "Rose Bowl Participant"?

Rose Bowl's a Playoff Bowl once in a while now! Our patience has paid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
My expectations are still tempered until Football Scoop weighs in.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Harbaugh rejected Michigan as his heart is in the NFL

Michigan's coaching search is a joke

The idea that an NFL coach would go to college is laughable

but the NFL reporter I want to troll the most already blocked me on twitter and wrote an angry post about how Michigan fans are disgusting and he wishes we were all dead

:smith:

score one for the stupid blogs that everyone shits on but actually had sources other than nfl agents

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Was it Kawakami or the other dude that was super hostile

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Neodoomium posted:

Was it Kawakami or the other dude that was super hostile

It was that Greg Gabe or whatever dude

whatever, I'm sure Harbaugh is actually going to Oakland because someone on twitter made up a report that the 49ers gave them permission and everyone decided that was true after spending weeks making GBS threads on actually true reports that came from actual sources

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Congratulations, now when Ohio State beats you it will mean something.

In all seriousness its a great hire for Michigan and will make the rivalry interesting again.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It will also make the MSU rivalry interesting as Harbaugh and Dantonio compete to see who can be the most offended by trivial nonsense

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

Rad Valtar posted:

Congratulations, now when Ohio State beats you it will mean something.

In all seriousness its a great hire for Michigan and will make the rivalry interesting again.

Yeah this. I haven't heard from even an OSU fan who isn't excited about this.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If Harbaugh wins three B1G titles and/or one national title, they will inter him in Pharoah's Tomb Bo Schembeckler's still-intact office.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Between this and Lebron going back to Cleveland, I think it's safe to say that stupid blogs with random sources and obscure Twitter accounts can be relied on for all your offseason rumor needs.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

nachos posted:

Between this and Lebron going back to Cleveland, I think it's safe to say that stupid blogs with random sources and obscure Twitter accounts can be relied on for all your offseason rumor needs.

yeah but no one cares about htat

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope Jim decides he wants Bo's office.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Neodoomium posted:

I hope Jim decides he wants Bo's office.

I was thinking the same thing.

"You said I could have anything I wanted..."

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

sexy mouse posted:

yeah but no one cares about htat

lol is that why LeBron clears more revenue than UM football? Because no one cares?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
NFL guys scoffing at the Harbaugh to Michigan report.

They haven't been correct on anything yet, so I doubt them, but it's still out there.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
I hope he makes Michigan a force again, but goes full on nuclear every game. I want to see the university heads get so embarrassed, they desperately start looking for any excuse to get the lunatic savior the hell out of Ann Arbor.

Long live Harbaugh, may he win every game that doesn't involve Ohio State.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

sexy mouse posted:

Yeah this. I haven't heard from even an OSU fan who isn't excited about this.

I'm excited because it makes Michigan competent again but I'm not that concerned, we still have the best coach and recruiter not named Nick Saban and better players. It's just exciting that the game is going to be more intense and relevant then the last decade. If there's one thing Harbaugh brings for sure it's the media storm.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm glad they made this decision soon as I feared an extended search would destabilize the U.S. economy and have dire effects on foreign relations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm excited because it makes Michigan competent again but I'm not that concerned, we still have the best coach and recruiter not named Nick Saban and better players. It's just exciting that the game is going to be more intense and relevant then the last decade. If there's one thing Harbaugh brings for sure it's the media storm.

I'm up for a new 10-Year War. Bring it on.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Deteriorata posted:

I'm up for a new 10-Year War. Bring it on.

You don't need to Photoshop Hoke in there Porkins is already in the movie.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Congrats Michigan. Didn't think you'd pull it off.

That contract though. :psyboom:

Wonder if he'll end Meyer's career the way Saban nearly did.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

:getin:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LeeMajors posted:

"Introducing your new USC head coach - Urban Meyer".

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Well Saban will get another shot in a few weeks.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LeeMajors posted:

Congrats Michigan. Didn't think you'd pull it off.

That contract though. :psyboom:

I mean he's a good coach but I wouldn't put him on that level yet. He had one really good year at Stanford and did a good job of turning them around but it's not like he has a long history of success in the college ranks.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rad Valtar posted:

I mean he's a good coach but I wouldn't put him on that level yet. He had one really good year at Stanford and did a good job of turning them around but it's not like he has a long history of success in the college ranks.

I feel the same way, but Harbaugh is about the closest thing to a sure-thing hire since Meyer at UF. Or Saban at Bama.

Even if he underachieves, no one would say told-ya-so to Michigan over it because literally every school in the country outside Ohio St and Bama (at the moment) would have hired him if they could have.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LeeMajors posted:

I feel the same way, but Harbaugh is about the closest thing to a sure-thing hire since Meyer at UF. Or Saban at Bama.

Even if he underachieves, no one would say told-ya-so to Michigan over it because literally every school in the country outside Ohio St and Bama (at the moment) would have hired him if they could have.

I completely agree it's a great hire but I'm just not ready to crown them champions of anything yet. The Big Ten is bad so they will compete but they still have to deal with Ohio State and Michigan State every year. Until proven otherwise I would still put Michigan State and Ohio State ahead of them in terms of coaching.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

LeeMajors posted:

Bama (at the moment)

Phyllis from Mulga told me the game has passed Saban by

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

:toot: Still in a great mood, still enjoying a bunch of wrong sportswriters trying to backtrack

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Neodoomium posted:

:toot: Still in a great mood, still enjoying a bunch of wrong sportswriters trying to backtrack

Nobody tell Harbaugh he was Michigan's number two choice after Cutcliffe turned them down :laugh:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I was really impressed with Penn St in their bowl game. I think the Big Ten east is going to be pretty awesome.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Demod MorningView, make Det/AsInHowe mods, ban all talk other than Big Ten talk permaban anyone who's ever said anything positive about the SEC.

That should be over-reactionary enough I think.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Demod MorningView, make Det/AsInHowe mods, ban all talk other than Big Ten talk permaban anyone who's ever said anything positive about the SEC.

That should be over-reactionary enough I think.

Lol, you couldn't pay me enough to mod this place. Although having the power to ban all of the SEC posters is certainly tempting.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Deteriorata posted:

Lol, you couldn't pay me enough to mod this place. Although having the power to ban all of the SEC posters is certainly tempting.

Big Ten fans are the worst, hth

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 29, 2014

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
*worse

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I think there was supposed to be a the in there. I am on my phone lol

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Rad Valtar posted:

I completely agree it's a great hire but I'm just not ready to crown them champions of anything yet. The Big Ten is bad so they will compete but they still have to deal with Ohio State and Michigan State every year. Until proven otherwise I would still put Michigan State and Ohio State ahead of them in terms of coaching.

Maybe OSU, but I don't think MSU who took advantage of a weak big ten to be good.

Harbaugh turned Stanford around in a good Pac12 and we all know what he did in the pros.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Regnevelc posted:

Maybe OSU, but I don't think MSU who took advantage of a weak big ten to be good.

Harbaugh turned Stanford around in a good Pac12 and we all know what he did in the pros.

You mean definitely OSU and maybe MSU.

Also what Dantoio has done with little recruiting is really really good.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Harbaugh post-game presser here: http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/live-video.html

• Locked thread