Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
I decided to play this game on a whim, and applied to that FartLords guild or whatever that's probably dead by now. I've been playing as an Arisha and it's pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So I created 2 characters on east just cuz i had no slots left on the other server, and both of them got the lvl 52 or w/e equipment for 30 days, so I am wondering if I create any new characters at all do I just always get really strong equipment (And other bonus stuff) starting out because I used to play the game a long time ago?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
I have another guild I play with because it has some of my IRL friends in it, but any goons on East who want to run Hero Rocheste raids for sweet drops while the market is inflated, add me at my names Literally, Literaiiy, and Destroyka.

I got two 3* Eyes of Mana off Hero Titan, I'm a lucky bastard.

Also, Arisha is super complicated and fun. If you want to wreck poo poo all day though, still roll a Kai or Hurk

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 26, 2014

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

We've got this huge influx of new players for no obvious reason and now I wonder if we even need a new thread. Someone would have to come up with the best thread title imaginable to justify one.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Vindictus: Hanzo Steel Titty Wizard Simulator 2014

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Skwee posted:

So I created 2 characters on east just cuz i had no slots left on the other server, and both of them got the lvl 52 or w/e equipment for 30 days, so I am wondering if I create any new characters at all do I just always get really strong equipment (And other bonus stuff) starting out because I used to play the game a long time ago?

No as it's tied to how long you've been inactive in that account. I came back after a few months being inactive and I had 30 days of lvl 70 gears for everyone :v:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
When I logged into one of my old characters from when I used to play it got the welcome back equipment too, I saw an expired item in my inventory and it had the date December 30th 2011, so I guess I've been inactive for like 3 years.

Also got like 53 of those orange crystals for various different server downtimes that happened over the time that i wasn't even playing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ArchWizard posted:

We've got this huge influx of new players for no obvious reason and now I wonder if we even need a new thread. Someone would have to come up with the best thread title imaginable to justify one.

Vindictus: Please wait a moment..

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Vindictus: Please wait a moment..

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Vindictus: Server response delayed.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

So we'll keep this thread going, alright.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
At least for me it's the combination of some new stuff (all the new characters are more interesting to play than the older ones (i.e. Lann/Fiona/Evie) for various reasons) and some stuff has been streamlined so I don't have to redo the same map 20 times.

There's actually people in the lower level boats too thanks to the new character. Dunno if I'll get bored around endgame again though, it's pretty soulcrushing and running TD a bunch of times in a row gets old pretty quickly.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I'm in the endgame of S1 at least now. Most of these missions say you can only complete them once a day. How does this work?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Killsion posted:

So I'm in the endgame of S1 at least now. Most of these missions say you can only complete them once a day. How does this work?

Level 60 opens up a lot of the "daily" raids, which are endgame mostly 8-player group content (it's possible to solo a lot of it when you have really good gear though). You can only do 60+ raids once a day, or twice if you have VIP.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I've been picking up this game again lately and I am palying that new girl character. I have a couple of questions:

- this game is super laggy and slow, especially in town and on the instance selection. Is it normal?
- the instances themselves seem to be hosted by the player who created the instance, is that correct? Seems a bit unusual to me but considering the performance in town, probably for the better.
- Anyone here playing on the EU server? I am still looking for a guild
- I am lvl 45 right now, what do I do to level up? Just follow the main story quest?
- I have a couple of XP boni, the clover, VIP, christmas and all, so it's super fast. Is it ok if I drop all the quests that are not main storyline?
- What's the deal with titles? They give stats increases?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

BabyFur Denny posted:

I've been picking up this game again lately and I am palying that new girl character. I have a couple of questions:

- this game is super laggy and slow, especially in town and on the instance selection. Is it normal?
- the instances themselves seem to be hosted by the player who created the instance, is that correct? Seems a bit unusual to me but considering the performance in town, probably for the better.
- Anyone here playing on the EU server? I am still looking for a guild
- I am lvl 45 right now, what do I do to level up? Just follow the main story quest?
- I have a couple of XP boni, the clover, VIP, christmas and all, so it's super fast. Is it ok if I drop all the quests that are not main storyline?
- What's the deal with titles? They give stats increases?

You shouldn't experience any lag really just running around town. You will experience lag talking to NPCs and loading Battle information though.
Boats/instances are on the host, yes. Exception is for the Royal Army Raids in the Unknown Area.
-
To level up just do all the quests. Main and sub, though some subs will involve some/a ton of grinding, or money, lots of money.
I don't really know, I hate to leave quests undone, so I always do everything I can.
Titles are gained for completing quests, and fulfilling achievements, like kick/stomping on spiders. Some give stat increases.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Titles

I don't know how complete that chart is, but it'll tell you which ones actually give stats and which ones dont. It seems like if you do all the equipment stories and misc. stories you'll get a lot of them, and it seems like the super grindy titles don't give much in the way of stats (like destroy gnoll chieftain's helmet 50 times for +1 agi :barf: )

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The important titles to get are mostly "kill this boss 2-5 times" and the equipment sets. Other than those you can basically ignore titles unless you like GRINDIN CHEEVES (or if you want a purple (300+) or yellow (400+) title).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The later equipment set titles are pretty pricey though, so stockpile your gold. Think I"m still missing most of the lvl 60 set titles because I am a poor.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

The later equipment set titles are pretty pricey though, so stockpile your gold. Think I"m still missing most of the lvl 60 set titles because I am a poor.
If I get my Lynn or Fiona high enough to craft the level 60 sets, I might leave copies of them in guild storage for title get purposes.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I just did Fate and Destiny, which to my knowledge is the finale to S1, except it didn't trigger the cutscene, and I still have the quest. Guess I gotta try again tomorrow now...

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Any of you dudes on East in a guild that can use another anime? I'm about to hit 60 tonight and will like to have friends to do raids with and whatnot.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Killbot posted:

Any of you dudes on East in a guild that can use another anime? I'm about to hit 60 tonight and will like to have friends to do raids with and whatnot.

I play on East :coffee:

Typically on Lexane as mentioned earlier but I can host raids up to S2 on my alts too. Also, I can run normal boats if you've not unlocked raids though.

BTW: Vin has always been laggy as hell which gets worse if there's a event going on. It's not my PC/internet either.

Vindictus: We apologize for the inconvenience.

Alder fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 28, 2014

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ArchWizard posted:

If I get my Lynn or Fiona high enough to craft the level 60 sets, I might leave copies of them in guild storage for title get purposes.

I'm on East though, I think you're on West.

I'll probably just buy them and then dump them back on the market I guess.

EDIT: it hasn't been too bad the last few days during the double XP/AP but it's pretty bad right now.

EDIT2: Every time I think nexon is getting better they return to incompetence.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 28, 2014

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

Dear Vindictus Players,

Due to technical difficulties, the Golden Time rewards for Saturday, December 27th were not distributed at 7 pm Pacific. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Please rest assured that we will manually send out both the Saturday 12/27 and Sunday 12/28 Golden Time items and the 12/31 Title giveaway on the Week of January 5th, 2015.
To receive the 8th Golden Time Item, make sure that you are logged in at exactly 7 PM Pacific on Sunday, December 28th.
Log on at 11:50 PM Pacific on Wednesday, December 31st to receive the title.
We will be rewarding players based on these login records, so make sure you are logged in.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this issue.

- The Vindictus Team -
Welllp

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Santa Bear loving owns.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
The lag wasn't too bad tonight - it got kind of bad around golden time, but the lag has never been as bad as it was on Monday, so kudos to them for that!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
80 new posts, oh my.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ttocs7 posted:

The lag wasn't too bad tonight - it got kind of bad around golden time, but the lag has never been as bad as it was on Monday, so kudos to them for that!

Protip: During events it's a good idea too just sit in a empty ch to decrease chance of being kicked off the servers. Also, to login a least 30 min prior to it's start too. I actually wished they didn't have 2x events...

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013
Is there a way of playing the US vindictus without being in the US? I'm in The Netherlands and the EU vindictus has almost no events.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

koekje4life posted:

Is there a way of playing the US vindictus without being in the US? I'm in The Netherlands and the EU vindictus has almost no events.

Yes with a VPN/proxy but you might not have the best hosting abilities and suffer slight lag.

JIC if anyone is wondering how much AP you can collect if left alone for the past 4 years (not including when AP was capped at lower levels):

I spent around 2325 AP and have Meditation at rB :v:

Alder fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 29, 2014

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
After getting my account info worked out I logged in to 22k AP.
Heck yeah. Now to get to level 24 for Scythe Evie.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Pyrite Time continues apace:

quote:

Golden Time Event Week 5 (12/29 - 1/4)

50% Repair Fee Discount

Date and Time Monday, 12/29 (12:00 AM PST) to Sunday, 1/4 (11:59 PM PST)
Details Repair fee is 50% off
Requirement No requirement
2x EXP and AP

Date Monday, 12/29 to Sunday, 1/4
Times 5:00 PM PST to 9:00 PM PST for each event date
Details Players receive 2x EXP and AP after Battle Completion
Requirement No requirement
[Golden Time] Ninth Gift

Date and Time Saturday, 1/3 @ 7:00 PM PST
Content (1) Quality Booster Coupon (+1 Star)
(1) *Golden Time Element Stone or Golden Time Magic Spirit Stone
Note * Player will receive a Golden Time Element Stone or a Golden Time Magic Spirit Stone depending on the character the player used to open the box.

Example: to receive a Golden Time Magic Spirit Stone, open the box with Arisha or Evie.
Details - Stay logged on until you receive your Golden Time gift.
- We suggest logging in 10-15 minutes before the event giveaway time at 7:00 PM PST.
[Golden Time] Tenth Gift

Date and Time Sunday, 1/4 @ 7:00 PM PST
Content (1) Special Golden Time Necklace (3 Weeks)
(1) Weapon Fusion Rune (Gift)
(1) Additional Unbinding Coupon (1 Time)
Details - Stay logged on until you receive your Golden Time gift.
- We suggest logging in 10-15 minutes before the event giveaway time at 7:00 PM PST.
Things yaaaay. I don't know if we'll get them on time, but at least they're being promised to us.

Also: I'm thinking of replacing that one crowded character picture in the OP with separate pictures for each character+weapon. The problem is that I only play half of the characters, so I can't get pictures for Lann, Karok, Kai, or Hurk without taking screenies of random pubs. I kinda don't want to do that. So, if goons could contribute glamour shots of their dudebro characters, that would be helpful.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Well, the difference in raid bosses in normal vs hard is night and day. Mostly because I can actually solo the polar bear on Normal.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mana Amber in laggy fights is indeed a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VHW3647REI

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Soloed Blood Lord today to help get the title for kicking him to death twice. Forgot that sheathing mana blade returns the crystal to you. :smith: Guess I"ll come back later when it doesn't take 10 minutes to whittle his health down.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

ArchWizard posted:

Also: I'm thinking of replacing that one crowded character picture in the OP with separate pictures for each character+weapon. The problem is that I only play half of the characters, so I can't get pictures for Lann, Karok, Kai, or Hurk without taking screenies of random pubs. I kinda don't want to do that. So, if goons could contribute glamour shots of their dudebro characters, that would be helpful.

Aww, but what if we wanna contribute glamour shots of our non-dudebro characters? Plenty of goons who got their pretty pretty dress-up on that might wanna share, I'm sure.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Unlimited undergarmet changes for three days? Do we keep what ever is left on (I like the Halloween one) or does it reset to default?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Kortel posted:

Unlimited undergarmet changes for three days? Do we keep what ever is left on (I like the Halloween one) or does it reset to default?

I'm relatively sure it reverts to default after it expires I'm afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I think you should keep the updated image with Arisha in it as a sort of banner thing for all the characters, then a divided section for each. I could write some stuff for Vella, Arisha, Karok, Fiona, and Staff Evie, and probably a bit about the other classes, but those are the ones I have experience with.

• Locked thread