Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

PS3 has Journey
Counterpoint: all Nintendo games take you on a journey to a land of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Was it another monitor, or did you unplug the video card and use the same monitor with the builtin graphics, or both?

Both. Figured out it was an issue of being unable to use the old rear end input from the old monitor with the video card, so I went out just now and got a new monitor, and it works.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not disputing that the Wii U is objectively the most fun system when backwards compatibility is taken into account

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only PSP games i tried to run (Tactics Ogre: LUCT and FF Tactics) ran like poo poo, so I don't think my phone likes PSPPP.

FF Tactics ran like poo poo even on the PSP.
Seriously that poo poo was inexcusable.

Which is a shame since it's a great remaster of one of the best games of all time. Besides all the slowdown, of course.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 28, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Consoles, huh?
Heh, those are fine if you're into BABY games I guess :smug:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I don't even play video games

scraps69
Dec 28, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Especially if you play DKC Tropical Freeze. Best game on the Wii U ever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

FF Tactics ran like poo poo even on the PSP.
Seriously that poo poo was inexcusable.

Which is a shame since it's a great remaster of one of the best games of all time. Besides all the slowdown, of course.
I found a patch to apply the translation to the PSX version, and a translated version of LUCT, so it's cool.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

precision posted:

PS3 has Journey

So does my radio :rimshot:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hey FactsAreUseless you did the Lord's work in the griefing thread. Do I have you on steam? If not you should add me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Hey FactsAreUseless you did the Lord's work in the griefing thread. Do I have you on steam? If not you should add me.
If you look for FactsAreUseless on steam there's two results, one of them is me.

Edit: they're both me but one is inactive.

Edit 2: I'm basically never on anyway.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 28, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
hey guys help me out. I got 75$ on the nintendo e-shop. should I get NES Remix 1/2 and Resident Revelations or, NES Remix1 and Persona Q.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I really appreciate the responses, folks. Here's my takeaway.

So I'm definitely going to get a Wii U eventually for the standard Nintendo exclusives but right now I still think I'm going with a PS since I'm interested in the 2K games, MLB The Show, and some third party games I never played. At least after I take a trip to GameStop and make sure they still have a solid used collection I can shop from.

I see GameStop.com selling a refurbished 40 GB PS3 with Splinter Cell Blacklist, Prototype 2, God of War: Ascension, Dead Island Riptide, and Yulba: Ninja Gaiden Z for $160 and this looks like a good purchase to me. Ascension is one of the key games I had in mind and the other ones seem like the sort of games I'd blow a weekend on even if they're not great. Is 40 GB enough space to start without worrying about adding a hard drive?

isn't 40gb one of the old fat ps3s? i'd avoid buying that tbh, especially if it's refurbished, because it'll probably die on you within a few months of buying it. if you buy a ps3 get one of the slim models, i doubt it will cost much more and they're really reliable. i think the gamestop website calls them "slimline" and "super slim" and either of those would be a better choice

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you look for FactsAreUseless on steam there's two results, one of them is me.

Edit: they're both me but one is inactive.

Edit 2: I'm basically never on anyway.

Yeah well uh I'm trying to give you a steam gift later today so check it tonight also you should play with us

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yes you are good people

also more imps and cool people should hang out in the CTS mumble with grithok, drinkfist, stanley, and i

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

yes you are good people

also more imps and cool people should hang out in the CTS mumble with grithok, drinkfist, stanley, and i

I'm proud of you it's like that one rage face with the I Am Disappoint dad but he's happy instead

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
imp people are best people when it comes to games. we just effin love games.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'll make the step to actually play games with imps

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Where do goons play games together that aren't terrible MOBA or MMO garbage?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There is nothing else.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Adam Bowen posted:

I would say CTS Mumble. You could also try SA Goons steam group chat.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adam Bowen posted:

Imp Zone.

I've played some pretty badass rounds of fun games with people I've met there. The CTS regulars I've played with are also pretty cool; I had fun with Sykic (sp?) In Far Cry 4 and have had some good Payday 2 runs as well with people.

Once I recover from Drinkfist's sheer virility scaring me off of mumble after I said like a few words I'll be on too.

What are you interested in playing? Add me on steam.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'd like to play some Worms Armageddon with Imps.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Great Joe posted:

I'd like to play some Worms Armageddon with Imps.

yes please!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Imp Zone.

I've played some pretty badass rounds of fun games with people I've met there. The CTS regulars I've played with are also pretty cool; I had fun with Sykic (sp?) In Far Cry 4 and have had some good Payday 2 runs as well with people.

Once I recover from Drinkfist's sheer virility scaring me off of mumble after I said like a few words I'll be on too.

What are you interested in playing? Add me on steam.

What's your steam?

I agree with Great Joe, worms with goons sounds awesome

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fiwer if anyone wants to play some loving video games, I own a bunch and I'm down to buy whatever if some people want to play

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adam Bowen posted:

What's your steam?

I agree with Great Joe, worms with goons sounds awesome

Widestancer is my Steam as well. I'm up for some Worms Armageddon sometime that sounds badass.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Frequent_Fly3r I invite any Imps or other peeps to add me, I like having my feed filled with silly screenshots

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Always down for more people to play with. http://steamcommunity.com/id/UllerRM

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
follow me on twitter, instagram, youtube, google groups, livejournal , myspace, tumblr, steam ; http://steamcommunity.com/id/stroggslayer420/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wolfenstein 2014 is an amazing game and way better than i ever thought bethesda capable of managing

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

hubris.height posted:

wolfenstein 2014 is an amazing game and way better than i ever thought bethesda capable of managing

I've got that sitting here from Gamefly but haven't started it yet. Gonna do that soon.

I deleted Destiny the other day. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I still have Destiny installed because I still have hope.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Skeezy posted:

I still have Destiny installed because I still have hope.

obviously u didnt purchase the dark below which was priced at $30 and contained non-copy pasted content: 1) one raid 2) 10 each of exotic weapons and armor

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

obviously u didnt purchase the dark below which was priced at $30 and contained non-copy pasted content: 1) one raid 2) 10 each of exotic weapons and armor

Oh no I skipped the hell out on that. I liked the shooting part of the game and the times I played with friends were super fun. But Destiny is mad boring now because I don't have PS+ at all.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my friend got destiny with his ps4 for some christmas deal and wants to play it and i appreciate that he is taking the time and effort to attempt to enjoy the game but im not going to help him

*rip tombstone emoticon*

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Static Rook posted:

I've got that sitting here from Gamefly but haven't started it yet. Gonna do that soon.

I deleted Destiny the other day. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee!

goongrats

welcome to the liberated peoples of destiny. start wolfenstein and stick with it through the frustrating first 15-20 minutes

also play on 'death incarnate' because seriously don't be a pussy

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I've got a good graphics card now, but I now have no idea what to play with it. Is FFXIV any good? Or how about Shadow of Mordor?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SunAndSpring posted:

I've got a good graphics card now, but I now have no idea what to play with it. Is FFXIV any good? Or how about Shadow of Mordor?

I can't comment on FF14 (honestly I haven't enjoyed most FFs past 9), but Shadow of Mordor is excellent.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shadow of Mordor along with shovel knight are two of the best games I have played in a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh hey I'd like to add my steam ID into the fray: http://steamcommunity.com/id/firefox357/

• Locked thread