Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Please don't talk to that lunatic.

Done. the old series "Random PC Game" with vinny and Dave is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's the best premium content they did.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Beef Waifu posted:

Jeff singing it's tricky was amazing

im dying

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull... your avatar...

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Double-fist that poo poo.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

dan's list posted:

I work in an office filled with people that seem to be immune to Mario Kart’s (and Smash Bros.’, and Mario Party’s…) undeniable charm, but that hasn’t diminished my enthusiasm for this fantastic eighth entry.

this is unbelievably hosed up, i'm glad dan is there as a voice of reason

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What are you, a comedian? I thought you were LAPD SWAT.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope they do a marathon play of Jazz Jack Rabbit 1 and 2. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why the gently caress is Alex so annoyed that Guilty Gear won the best looking game award?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Beef Waifu posted:

Why the gently caress is Alex so annoyed that Guilty Gear won the best looking game award?

Well it looks exactly like the first game because all anime looks the same.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Beef Waifu posted:

It's highly problematic or something

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Beef Waifu posted:

anime is for jerks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't get it he hates guilty gear but likes Project Diva, they're both the same type of games.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
in my head the morning show is scoops "the wolf" and everyday klepek challenges the world record for choking on cock

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i laughed pretty hard when the subject of paz's vagina bomb came up and patrick was just like "UGH NO gently caress THAT GAME"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

i laughed pretty hard when the subject of paz's vagina bomb came up and patrick was just like "UGH NO gently caress THAT GAME"
To be fair, that scene is gross.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
it is

it's just funny that patrick is so mad and brad is trying hard to recount the tale of the vagina bomb while being delicate

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Why does Jeff not get that people might like Nintendo games?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

NienNunb posted:

Why does Jeff not get that people might like Nintendo games?

jeff pretty much only likes games where he can use an assault rifle and anything on the commodore 64

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
brad is really fat

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cacodad posted:

brad is really cute

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wormskull posted:

yeah... digging around in her guts looking for a bomb, thats sick, they made her guts look really good too

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Yeah that was pretty disturbing, I also found Snake knocking out Paco to be really hardcore, game doesn't pull any punches, Phantom Pain is gonna be the best game ever.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/swery65-s-top-10-games-of-2014/1100-5120/

I love you swery you insane monster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Psycobladder posted:

Yeah that was pretty disturbing, I also found Snake knocking out Paco to be really hardcore, game doesn't pull any punches, Phantom Pain is gonna be the best game ever.

Yeah. It's cool that a game actually managed to be genuinely unnerving but this made most of the people at that table dismiss it because it was gross and problematic. I can't wait to play MGSV

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You're questioning something in a Metal gear Game.

Why do you question Kojima, do you doubt him?

Although if we're talking about vagina bombs, Phantom Pain has nothing on Kojima's dating sim that he made.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

I thought the sneaking around part was nicely tense. The leeway with peeking around corners and such might have been a bit too much, but I do appreciate the opportunities this gives you to explore the base. The combination of no Fulton balloons, the return of Body Moving and the introduction of the Changing of the Guards mechanic made it so you either had to think on your toes on the trip out of Paz's hiding place or carefully place bodies out of the way on your way in. There's also a nicely dreary atmosphere I thought would only come out of Russian games, but the whole way through everything about MSF is just hosed or about to be hosed, there's rain throughout the whole thing, even the American soldiers you sneak around are miserable, overworked and cold-ridden.

Not only that, there's a distinct duality with the first few parts of MGS1. Snake approaches from the water, goes up a great height, has to sneak by search lights and guards, there's trucks that can drive you around if you play your cards right, if you take the time to explore there's weapons and equipment not that far out of your way that might be helpful. What gets me are the little differences, Donald Anderson clearly knew where Kenneth Baker was being held, and helps however he can, while Chico insists Paz is dead. Both Paz and Kenneth are first shown tied up and hooked up to explosives, both were rigged by a man who fancies himself a cowboy, but there's no boss duel, no ninja who magically disables all the bombs. Then there's the helicopter. It's already in the air when Snake arrives, and there's more than one. Snake isn't the one who thinks it's out of place, but the soldiers in the base definitely do. To me, these were clearly references, but they were all slightly off and always in a way that made Snake's life slightly worse.

But let's ignore all that because "there's a second bomb in my..." *boom*

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brad looks better fat and bearded. Looks like a natural fit for him.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Squeezy Farm posted:

Dan FTW! LOL check this out:

:staredog:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I like watching to the videos and knowing the winners before I listen to the podcast.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Psycobladder posted:

Did it make it better or worse that I kept zooming in on Paz's HD rendered insides?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So who wants to enter the Japanese contest with me that awards an autographed copy of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pains?

I need a mailbox stuffing buddy and I already have a PO box in Japan. We'll split the winnings 50/50 and we each get an autographed game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
You're just gonna taint reap the first patsy who signs on to this scheme. No thanks, mac.