Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Lookit all these "Nintendo fan" who haven't redeemed at least 20 codes. You people are filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
the worst part about buying all of those games is that i've probably played maybe 5% of them for more than 15 minutes. i think i only finished shovel knight, windwaker, and hyrule warriors

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

fired up the thing just to see my dumb library

rear end creed 4
bayo 1
bayo 2
captain toad
darksiders 2
deus ex
donkey kong tropical freeze
game & wario (free with platinum reward)
hyrule warriors + season pass or whatever the dlc bundle is
lego city undercover
mario kart + both dlc packs
need for speed most wanted u
new super mario bros u + luigi u
nintendo land
pikmin 3
rayman legends
resident evil revelations
mario 3d world
smash bros u
wind waker
wonderful 101
monster hunter 3u or whatever its called
zombi u (actually bought this twice. my wii u bundle came with a physical copy of it so i sold the physical and bought the digital)
1001 spikes
bit trip runner 2
child of light
gaucamelee
nes remix 1 and 2
pushmo world
shovel knight
steamworld dig

and then whatever vc titles i got with club nintendo points which also count towards deluxe promotion points

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

looking at it, thats a pretty good library of games for a system that supposedly sucks so much rear end

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kewpuh posted:

looking at it, thats a pretty good library of games for a system that supposedly sucks so much rear end

The Wii U is a really polarizing console. People either absolutely loathe it or are completely enamored with it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
In other words, a Nintendo console.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
1001 Spikes like Super Meat Boy where you just do individual small rooms or is it more like an adventure game kind of thing?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

1001 Spikes like Super Meat Boy where you just do individual small rooms or is it more like an adventure game kind of thing?

pretty much a carbon copy of super meat boy except it has shittier music

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
1001 Spikes has less fluid controls and relies considerably more on you dying from just way too much poo poo going on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Theta Zero posted:

The Wii U is a really polarizing console. People either absolutely loathe it or are completely enamored with it.

Eh, I'm neither. It's not the greatest thing but it's not a massive piece of poo poo, though every time a friend asks if it's worth buying I tell them no unless you have a lot of friends over to play games with.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Kewpuh posted:

just waiting for my club nintendo redemptions of kirby and metroid to go through and i'll have my final 5 bucks

Yo uh, I work for Nintendo and uhhh thanks I guess

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bah, I got more codes than Kewpuh.

greatn fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 28, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

kewpuh be my wii u friend

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
So I bought a 3DS last year but lost it some time in December. I bought the LTTP sequal digitally as well but I can't seem to dig it up.

Is there any way to pull either the LTTP or 3DS serial number through an account of any sort? I want to register it to get my coins since I never did it before my Wii U, and I'm certain I had some sort of account to register it before in order to buy LTTP, but I'll be damned if I know of it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Godinster posted:

So I bought a 3DS last year but lost it some time in December. I bought the LTTP sequal digitally as well but I can't seem to dig it up.

Is there any way to pull either the LTTP or 3DS serial number through an account of any sort? I want to register it to get my coins since I never did it before my Wii U, and I'm certain I had some sort of account to register it before in order to buy LTTP, but I'll be damned if I know of it.

You need to link your E-Shop account to your Club Nintendo account. Then whenever you make an online purchase, it should automatically be registered. I think it also works if you made a purchase previous to linking the accounts as well.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I probably have half to two thirds the games kewpuh does and I've re-bought SO many virtual console games that I wasn't able to transfer from wii to wii u, I haven't registered most of the stuff I've bought and didn't get any nintendo presents :(.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Kewpuh posted:

pretty much a carbon copy of super meat boy except it has shittier music

I don't think it's really much like Super Meat Boy. Super Meat Boy is a game with (usually) big levels, sweet graphics, things are really slidey and you can jump off of everything. 1001 Spikes is more like... La-Mulana crossed with I Wanna Be The Guy. Things are built on a pretty strict grid pattern, and the game's about avoiding a ton of sudden deathtraps, after finding said deathtraps with your face. Super Meat Boy is very skill-based, you'll almost never die to a thing you didn't know was going to happen. 1001 Spikes does that poo poo all the time; the tricky part is planning for deathtraps, like "What if that floor starts falling when I step on it? What is there's spike traps all through that passage? I'd better not stop moving, just in case." Spikes is pretty rigid, too; there's two different buttons for jump, one for a big normal-looking jump and a second for like an auto shorthop so you don't hit spikes above your head or something.

1001 spikes has a lot of total bullshit, which I am personally into, but it's fine to not like it for exactly that reason.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

You need to link your E-Shop account to your Club Nintendo account. Then whenever you make an online purchase, it should automatically be registered. I think it also works if you made a purchase previous to linking the accounts as well.

Is there a way to do this without having the 3DS in front of me? The Nintendo site seems to indicate not so much.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No, because you don't get serial numbers with digital purchases so if you're not linked before hand you're screwed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Light Gun Man posted:

Never heard of this place, is it legit? I know someone who wants one and that is the kinda price he was hoping for.

No idea, I just post the links.

A lot of the $200 refurb consoles seem to be coming flashed with 3D World/Nintendoland on the hard drive, maybe that's worth a gamble.

MaxDuo posted:

Speaking of the DDP.... I need to spend $7.50 more for my final $5 code. Aside from VC games, is there anything good in that range? I'm thinking maybe I'll just get The Fall since I seem to recall seeing a few positive comments on it in here, and it's $9.99 which would be only a little over what I need to spend.

Though also, Armillo is on sale for $3.99. That would be good combined with another super cheap game. XType Plus seems interesting, but it's $2.99 so it + Armillo wouldn't be enough. Any suggestions in the sub $14.99 range?

NOA has finally (within the last week or so) started posting a complete list of current sales and sales prices on their website:

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

I'd recommend the Two Tribes games, if you don't have 'em already: Toki Tori, Rush and Edge are all $1.50 right now and Toki Tori 2 is $5.99.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Bayonetta 1
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Donkey Kong TF
Epic Mickey 2
Hello Kitty Racing (wutup)
Game and Wario
Injustice
Windwaker
Lego city
Monster hunter
NSMBU
Ninja Gaiden 3
Nintendo land
NES remix
NES remix 2
Might switch force
Wii party U
Pikmin 3
Rayman legends
Hyrule warriors
Sonic lost world
Super Mario 3D world
Smash bros
Tank tank tank
Tekken
Wonderful 101
ZombiU
Nano assault bro
Armillo

Wii U owns. All them games own.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Oh and non digital was Hyrule Warriors, ZombiU, Assassins Creed 3, and Nintendo Land of course.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I really hope more people post millions of screenshots of videogames they bought! Next we can all line up our physical game cases and take pictures of them!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Captain Toad is pretty great, but it makes me want to rebuy 3D World :suicide:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Unlucky7 posted:

By buying digital I will never make your mistake of selling an amazing game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

True gamers ITT!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is Bayonetta fine with the wii gamepad or would it be a hindrance to the experience if I don't use a Pro controller?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Housh posted:

Is Bayonetta fine with the wii gamepad or would it be a hindrance to the experience if I don't use a Pro controller?

Worked perfectly fine for me

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Stan Taylor posted:

I really hope more people post millions of screenshots of videogames they bought! Next we can all line up our physical game cases and take pictures of them!

Sorry you can't handle the glorious Wii U master race, maybe go back to PC gaming if you want to save some money. :haw:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wait did Captain Toad's release date in the UK get brought forward to before Christmas?? :eyepop:

greatn posted:

Bah, I got more codes than Kewpuh.

Why did you buy New Super Mario Bros U twice? Was the 2nd one Luigi U or something, but shows as Mario U because it was DLC?

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 29, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

Wait did Captain Toad's release date in the UK get brought forward to before Christmas?? :eyepop:

GAME UK and some other stores released it early, yeah.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Unlucky7 posted:

You should. I've played 3D World so much but every time I start it again I can't help but smirk. Cute games own.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

GAME UK and some other stores released it early, yeah.
WTF why did no-one tell me. It seems to be available in Smyths Toys here too (Ireland).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

irlZaphod posted:

Why did you buy New Super Mario Bros U twice? Was the 2nd one Luigi U or something, but shows as Mario U because it was DLC?

Yeah that's right. Games with DLC show up twice but you can tell by the price what it was basically.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I moved my Wii U to my bedroom so I could play Captain Toad in bed for maximum cuteness and I just realized that the Wii U is stealthily one of the best portable consoles ever made.

If only you could use the controls on the tablet to play Wii games, it'd be perfect.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Hyrule Warriors looks pretty cool, but i've never played that type of game before (dynasty warriors is it?). Is the entire game just you attacking hoards/waves of enemies to control a point on the map before rushing off to another to do the same, but with the hopes that the point you've captured holds out long enough for you to capture the next point?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Kin posted:

Hyrule Warriors looks pretty cool, but i've never played that type of game before (dynasty warriors is it?). Is the entire game just you attacking hoards/waves of enemies to control a point on the map before rushing off to another to do the same, but with the hopes that the point you've captured holds out long enough for you to capture the next point?

Pretty much. They mix it up a bit with the quests, but that's what it boils down to.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Kin posted:

It's what it boils down to, though some missions require a bit of thinking and establishing priorities by trial and error. Legend mode can be lenghty with poo poo you don't care about, but adventure mode is fun if a bit grindy at times. Warriors game are hit or miss, though, so YMMV v:v:v

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
In Bayo 1, how do I exit the menu after playing Angel Attack? I have a menu of a bunch of lolipops and other poo poo than I can buy with AA points or with Halos, but I can't find my way out of this menu. How do I get on with the game? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kin posted:

Kind of. Those games, especially on harder difficulties, are really about time management. Missions pretty often ask you to do two different things on opposite sides of the map and you need to prioritize what actually needs your attention at any given time. Like basic enemies and outposts are almost in the game just to waste your time and distract you from things that actually matter, but sometimes if you skip capturing a base or let one of yours fall then that gives the enemy enough of a foothold to put pressure on your HQ and if you lose that its game over. Its like a really basic strategy layer on top of a really basic action game.

• Locked thread