Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Matthew Beet posted:

Ricky Muir is probably more representative of the electorate than most elected officials.

Almost certainly. I've been saying this since the election.

On the other hand, Jacqui is actually pretty representative of Tasmanians too :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

cpaf posted:

Do you think someone who has paid no attention to politics their entire life and votes 1 X party because their parents did is magically more democratically responsible than someone who abstains from voting? They suddenly deserve an opinion and another person doesn't? A pretty big chunk of Australians are fed up with inane and homogenised two party politics but god forbid someone fail to perform their civic duty as an upstanding citizen and abstain from voting because by golly it really matters. Leaning out the window and talking to your neighbour about the mistreatment of asylum seekers is a bigger accomplishment than voting in an election where your preferences will probably elect Ricky loving Muir.

I agree with most of this post but I would take Ricky Muir over any ALP senator in a heartbeat.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Honestly, I think representative democracy is pretty dumb overall.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
If it's "p.dumb" you should have no problem proposing a much more reasonable alternative then. Let's hear it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

cpaf posted:

I'm sure the Liberals would be ecstatic if they could fill the entire senate with drooling morons easily compelled into voting in the opposite of their interests, but the Nationals might start to get jealous

Yeah let's stick with two party preferred, party line voting career politicians, that's ace.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Amethyst posted:

If it's "p.dumb" you should have no problem proposing a much more reasonable alternative then. Let's hear it.

Me being supreme dictator.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I wouldn't vote for you sorry.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

I wouldn't vote for you sorry.

That's a pretty grave insult considering your pre-2007 voting habits.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You all should take note from QLD. Abolish the senate = less stupid politicians. The math is simple and undeniable.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Endman posted:

That's a pretty grave insult considering your pre-2007 voting habits.

That's was my intent. Howard 2004 is preferable to you.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I have thought long and hard about whether to align with TeamFruity or TeamAntiFruity in this internet slap fight for the ages, and my final decision is to huff my own farts until I pass out

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
http://i.imgur.com/zUela5i.jpg

Qld government unironically bragging about becoming a police state.

E: hosed up tags.

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 29, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Latham handshake was hilarious. He went from almost winning to the media portraying him as literally insane. Years later, the media would be proven correct.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

That's was my intent. Howard 2004 is preferable to you.

:negative:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Anidav posted:

The Latham handshake was hilarious. He went from almost winning to the media portraying him as literally insane. Years later, the media would be proven correct.

Or did the media make him insane by doing so? It's a chicken/egg conundrum.

He was always insane.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Democracy is p.dumb imo. It would be better if I was dictator IMO hahahahahah lol

Everything is poo poo, we're all poo poo, gently caress Australia, gently caress culture, let's endlessly deconstruct the minutae of each other's fictional characters in cyberspace to maintain the pretense of cynical political cosmopolitanism while the best parts of social democracy are systematically destroyed by barbarically simple brutes right in front of our faces and we all become subsumed in an utterly dysfunctional and unsustainable consumerist nightmare

I'm going to cover my whole head in peanut butter and smosh it into a retard's rear end in a top hat

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst I was gonna ask how your dates were working out but :eyepop:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
if you dont want to have stupid tone arguments come hang out in paranormal conspiracy and dont bring arguments w u

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Guys don't post in this thread, my nipples have migrated to P/C (leaving my breasts as erotic mounds of nipple-less, doughy white flesh).

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Lol coincidently my relationship was going really well until yesterday when it collapsed disastrously. Thanks for asking Beet <3

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah let's stick with two party preferred, party line voting career politicians, that's ace.

Should probably be putting people like Andrew Wilkie and Cathy McGowan forward as champions against the two-party system rather than a dude who throws kangaroo poo poo at people and gets strongarmed by Scott Morrison into sending asylum seekers up the river. I mean Nick Xenophon is a huge piece of poo poo as well but at least he's not a drooling idiot; it's a really American thing to have a lust for parliamentarians who are about as smart as the average voter or preferably worse.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Someone please start selling activated flouride in health food stores

Endman
May 18, 2010

Amethyst posted:

Democracy is p.dumb imo. It would be better if I was dictator IMO hahahahahah lol

Everything is poo poo, we're all poo poo, gently caress Australia, gently caress culture, let's endlessly deconstruct the minutae of each other's fictional characters in cyberspace to maintain the pretense of cynical political cosmopolitanism while the best parts of social democracy are systematically destroyed by barbarically simple brutes right in front of our faces and we all become subsumed in an utterly dysfunctional and unsustainable consumerist nightmare

I'm going to cover my whole head in peanut butter and smosh it into a retard's rear end in a top hat

Please don't use the word "retard" as it is offensive to people with learning difficulties.

Also, are you okay, Amethyst? You seem unusually cross at my shitposting/the dystopian hellscape our society is plummeting towards.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I'm not cross at you endman I'm sorry

Endman
May 18, 2010

Amethyst posted:

I'm not cross at you endman I'm sorry

I am also sorry for my dumb posting.

Except I'm not sorry to Hambeet. Hambeet is a monster who disobeys obvious safety protocols on the assembly of children's play equipment.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Amethyst posted:

Someone please start selling activated flouride in health food stores

It showed up on my timeline from someone I went to high school with who then moved to the Byron Bay area so yeah.

https://www.facebook.com/RealNewsAustraliaOfficial/posts/289425174601034

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Lid posted:

It showed up on my timeline from someone I went to high school with who then moved to the Byron Bay area so yeah.

https://www.facebook.com/RealNewsAustraliaOfficial/posts/289425174601034

Those comments
:stare:

quote:

WOW - YET ANOTHER NASTY, NASTY ARTICLE BY MURDOCH JOURNALIST ( PROPAGANDIST ) JANE HANSEN .
MY KITCHEN RULES CHEF PETE EVANS WEARING A FLUORIDE FREE WEST AUSTRALIA T SHIRT AND SAYING HE DOESN'T DRINK FLUORIDATED WATER MUST BE ABOUT TO BRING FLUORIDATION DOWN IN AUSTRALIA!! HANSEN MUST BE WORRIED AND SHE HAS WORKED SO DARN HARD IN THE PAST TO GET FLUORIDATION FORCED ON ALL OF NSW.

SUGGEST LIKE PETE EVANS - A MAN WITH INTEGRITY.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

rob lowe aged pretty quickly

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

cpaf posted:

Should probably be putting people like Andrew Wilkie and Cathy McGowan forward as champions against the two-party system rather than a dude who throws kangaroo poo poo at people and gets strongarmed by Scott Morrison into sending asylum seekers up the river. I mean Nick Xenophon is a huge piece of poo poo as well but at least he's not a drooling idiot; it's a really American thing to have a lust for parliamentarians who are about as smart as the average voter or preferably worse.

Your av is still so incredibly fantastic

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Amethyst posted:

Those comments

This group is amazing.

quote:

Finally Queensland Health admit how to prevent tooth decay - simply teach kids how to clean their teeth - no need to swallow fluoride

Then from the linked article that apparently supports this:

quote:

"Teeth should be brushed after every meal but where this is not possible they should be brushed morning and night with a fluoride toothpaste, as a bare minimum."..."Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles and a small head and consider having fluoride painted on your children's teeth annually.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Australia Day outfit is now all sorted

Every day is Australia day

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Amethyst posted:

Those comments

The article comments are so amazing

quote:

Tasmania has been fluoridated since 1950's. The State has the worst dental health in the country. The highest rates of Cancer, Parkinson's disease, MS and Asthma (ever notice how Asthma information is all over dental clinics? There's a recognised link between fluoridation chemicals and Asthma). There is also a high percentage of adults and children suffering from Dental Fluorosis Australia wide!

This article fails to note that naturally occurring fluoride is far from the same as the industrial fluoridation chemicals (hydrofluorosilicic acid) dumped in our drinking water. Excess toxic waste from the fertaliser and aluminum industries!

Pete Evans has far more integrity than the author of this spin piece and unlike the author, Evans actually does proper research.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Get that man some raw milk, stat.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Someone should post a SHOCKING article about how according to anonymous sources high up in colgate, ALL toothpaste brands contain :siren: Flouride :siren:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Get that man some raw milk, stat.

http://www.hospitalitymagazine.com.au/food/news/fsanz-to-review-raw-cheese-ban

Funny you should mention that.

quote:

"Raw milk products like cheese, fresh cheese in particular if you make it at home, is far more dangerous than stuff you would buy in a shop or stuff you would make from pasteurised milk," Evans told ABC News.

"But it's much less dangerous than things like oysters or seafood, it's much less dangerous than chicken or eggs, and we don't stop people from buying raw oysters or buying raw eggs and trusting them to know what to do with it."

BAN THE EGGS.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

IslamoNazi posted:

Australia Day outfit is now all sorted

Every day is Australia day

looks like a traditional Triple J hottest 100 day outfit to me. Wtf is Australia day :confused:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
get the fuckx OUTTA here u hairy apes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Goon drama is best drama.

Fruity probably got a box cutter and some duct tape for secret Santa.

re fluoridation chat.
I have personally stood at the base of Mundaring Weir and watched the pump house fluoridation light thinking about how Kalgoorlie kids have better passive dental health than me.

• Locked thread