Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Aren't there two bobfrommarketings and the current one playing eve isn't the pedo from here?

Of course digi looks like a super creep. Fits what he does in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hey, what do Aranzeb goons think about a merger between Something Lawful and Vaior? Probably involving the dozen or so remaining active Vaior dudes just joining Something Lawful. AFAIK neither group does much, but it would be a few more people to people to chill with in guild chat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sauer kraut posted:

:nms: https://www.facebook.com/erogo.proxy/photos :nms:

Why yes she (he?) is peddling MLM nutrient supplements at gas stations to pay for that kickass PC. Do not scroll past those pics, for your own safety.

hahah holy christ

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
god drat it powers and dio you assholes

Holyshoot posted:

Aren't there two bobfrommarketings and the current one playing eve isn't the pedo from here?

Of course digi looks like a super creep. Fits what he does in game.

that's the grooming bfm, not the other one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a reddit/SA EVE meetup

apparently another one is happening also in a suburb of Dallas, so BFM might also be attending that one

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Eonwe posted:

apparently another one is happening also in a suburb of Dallas, so BFM might also be attending that one

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac

https://tips.fbi.gov/

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Eonwe posted:

When/where is this?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Angela Christine posted:

Hey, what do Aranzeb goons think about a merger between Something Lawful and Vaior? Probably involving the dozen or so remaining active Vaior dudes just joining Something Lawful. AFAIK neither group does much, but it would be a few more people to people to chill with in guild chat.

Let me talk it over with everyone and get back to you. Who should we message in game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CoffeeBooze posted:

When/where is this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2q30bz/the_next_dallas_meet_up/

fuzzys tacos is pretty baller :yum:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Fuzzy's is pretty bad, really. lovely white people tacos that you can find in Milwaukee as well as Texas. I still mourn the loss of Taqueria el Fuego.

I might still stop by for that Eve meetup, just because I am curious how awkward one of those must be.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

UoI posted:

:siren: Santa has come to ArcheAge! :siren:

Because I have more land than I know what to do with and it's the season of giving! During the first weekend of the new year all the landless goons will have a chance at winning sweet, sweet land! More details of the contest will be coming soon, so keep an eye out in this thread.

Prizes include:

First prize: A thatched farmhouse (built)

Second and third place: large farm

Fourth and fifth: A gold amount equivalent to the price of a large farm

Everyone is welcome to participate. All land is located in Lilyut, south-west of Windshade. Sales certificates will be supplied by myself.

If there is a better time other than the current weekend stated that everyone can agree upon please tell me.

Have a good time this week and happy holidays

Edit: This will be on Aranzeb, of course.

As a level 30 with only a small farm, this sounds amazing. L.Hills is my favorite zone too :dance:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CoffeeBooze posted:

Fuzzy's is pretty bad, really. lovely white people tacos that you can find in Milwaukee as well as Texas. I still mourn the loss of Taqueria el Fuego.

I might still stop by for that Eve meetup, just because I am curious how awkward one of those must be.

why would you go to any mexican place in dfw that isnt tortilla del rancho in garland :confused:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea im not saying its the best food ever, but for a chain thats nice and cheap its p good

of course hole in the wall places in general are better

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A friend of mine was really enthusiastic about this game, said it was good, is this true

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

A friend of mine was really enthusiastic about this game, said it was good, is this true

I can unironically say that I've had more laughs due to this game than any game in recent memory

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

JT Jag posted:

ArcheAge is fun when you're pirating on boats killing fishing mans.

Other than that it is infuriating.

In STO I have one of them jem'hadar dreadcruiser carrier ships, if that's still good.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

JT Jag posted:

It's a very fun game, albeit with some major flaws and run by a really bad company. So far the former is still outweighing the latter for me. Many if not most goons seem to have a different view. I'd suggest you try it for yourself.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

JT Jag posted:

Your friend is being a dick, don't listen to any of his/her recommendations anymore.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

JT Jag posted:

It's sort of like the OUYA of MMOs

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morglon posted:

It's sort of like the OUYA of MMOs

it promised everything but only delivered a lovely version. Only emulators/hackers are still using it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of critical things are client side authentication. Yes that means what you think it does.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kimsemus posted:

ArcheAge is fun when you're pirating on boats killing fishing mans.
This is kind of how he sold it

He also said it's really pretty and sandboxy and kinda like EVE, he's pretty much a goon without having paid ten bucks to be honest

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
The korean guy that raged and deleted all his items and characters after spending $20k on the game is back. This time he plays on a NA server.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

snodig posted:

The korean guy that raged and deleted all his items and characters after spending $20k on the game is back. This time he plays on a NA server.

ArcheAge is a helluva drug.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bait and Swatch posted:

Let me talk it over with everyone and get back to you. Who should we message in game?

Ballistafreak is guild lead, but he doesn't actually know anything about this yet. :v: I floated the idea in guild chat last night, and a few people seemed interested, so I thought I'd post it here as the place the remaining archeage players are most likely to see it and discuss it. Then EVE drama showed up again.

Vaior has up to a dozen or so people on line at peak times, down to just 2 or 3 at odd hours. Low enough that sometimes a guy will float the idea of GHA or Hasla and we just don't have enough dudes. Occasionally 2 or 3 guys go pirating. We have a couple guys with merchant ships who like to make intercontinental trade runs, usually they call for volunteers and pay 1 pack to each dude who helps them load and unload the ship -- they like to have at least 5 dudes, and a couple times we just haven't had enough. More importantly there just aren't enough goons to chat with anymore.

It isn't all sadness though. Several people have property set to Guild, and nothing has been stolen for months. No drama for months. Most of the people left actually like the game, warts and all.

The offsite forum, wiki, and mumble are all long gone, lol. We use camping the stairs mumble.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Happy holidays AA thread. What guild changes do I need to update in the OP here while I fix the Repopulation OP?

Also lol@ half of the last few pages.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Happy holidays AA thread. What guild changes do I need to update in the OP here while I fix the Repopulation OP?

Also lol@ half of the last few pages.

Aranzeb:

Goon Squad is gone. The offsite is gone.

I think Goon Fleet is gone too, I haven't seen any of them around.

Grithok's Fancy Lads are gone, I think.

Something Lawful is still around.

Vaior would love to have newbies. Or anyone. We're so very lonely. Anyone in Vaior can invite. I don't want to volunteer anyone else, so put down Anela for now.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Guild info updated

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Angela Christine posted:

Ballistafreak is guild lead, but he doesn't actually know anything about this yet. :v: I floated the idea in guild chat last night, and a few people seemed interested, so I thought I'd post it here as the place the remaining archeage players are most likely to see it and discuss it. Then EVE drama showed up again.

Vaior has up to a dozen or so people on line at peak times, down to just 2 or 3 at odd hours. Low enough that sometimes a guy will float the idea of GHA or Hasla and we just don't have enough dudes. Occasionally 2 or 3 guys go pirating. We have a couple guys with merchant ships who like to make intercontinental trade runs, usually they call for volunteers and pay 1 pack to each dude who helps them load and unload the ship -- they like to have at least 5 dudes, and a couple times we just haven't had enough. More importantly there just aren't enough goons to chat with anymore.

It isn't all sadness though. Several people have property set to Guild, and nothing has been stolen for months. No drama for months. Most of the people left actually like the game, warts and all.

The offsite forum, wiki, and mumble are all long gone, lol. We use camping the stairs mumble.

Rather than merge guilds, as it may not be what everyone wants and could end up leaving people out in the cold if they aren't on / don't want to join a different guild, why don't you all just use our mumble? I think it may be the best way to get everyone what they want, as we all have more people to play with since its easier to link up, and we don't risk anyone getting left behind. My wife and I own the Smite mumble, so we created some extra channels in there. We have one set aside for you guys, and another one for if people from either guild want to just group up and play without having to talk over people in either of the other channels (we can always add more also). Would this work?

Mumble info: address: smiteLLJK.mumble.com port: 5772, password: stairs

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

snodig posted:

He's on my old server/faction and I'm kind of interested in seeing if/how he manages to fight against the established power bloc on the server considering they've got pretty much all the existing credit card warriors.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Bait and Swatch posted:

Rather than merge guilds, as it may not be what everyone wants and could end up leaving people out in the cold if they aren't on / don't want to join a different guild, why don't you all just use our mumble? I think it may be the best way to get everyone what they want, as we all have more people to play with since its easier to link up, and we don't risk anyone getting left behind. My wife and I own the Smite mumble, so we created some extra channels in there. We have one set aside for you guys, and another one for if people from either guild want to just group up and play without having to talk over people in either of the other channels (we can always add more also). Would this work?

From hanging out in Vaior guild chat the last week, I can't imagine anyone really would have a problem with it. Its pretty much an across the board opinion that we need other people to play with. Whether Something Lawful wants new members or not is another story I can't comment on.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
STO welcomes AA refugees.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies.

Goons ruin everything, so we need you to send more goons.

ETA, does anyone want to buy some nice land from the original head start land rush in north and south 2 crowns?

I'm going to let my patron expire at the end of January. I've got a large farm about 3 plots from the N 2c crafting bench, a house on the cliff there, and another large farm in south 2 crowns by Ezna harbor.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 29, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hakimashou posted:

ETA, does anyone want to buy some nice land from the original head start land rush in north and south 2 crowns?

I'm going to let my patron expire at the end of January. I've got a large farm about 3 plots from the N 2c crafting bench, a house on the cliff there, and another large farm in south 2 crowns by Ezna harbor.

The STO guys did some really funny poo poo recently so I can vouch for this

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

hakimashou posted:

What would you want for them? I've been trying to find a spot to plop my large farm for a while to no avail.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Prophecy120 posted:

From hanging out in Vaior guild chat the last week, I can't imagine anyone really would have a problem with it. Its pretty much an across the board opinion that we need other people to play with. Whether Something Lawful wants new members or not is another story I can't comment on.

I talked to Balista for a bit tonight, and we settled on using the smite mumble as the best course of action. Everyone has more people to play with, no painful merger and no risk of leaving anyone behind.

Also, there was some real good 15v20 pvp in goonacour tonight. We destroyed a full hauler, resulting in a scramble for the packs once reds called in reinforcements. Great fun was had by all involved.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

hakimashou posted:

I'd be interested in south two crowns. Please let me know what you'd like for it. Thanks!

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

If you guys ever need your own space in a Mumble I can expand the AA section of CTS and give a few of you admin. You get a few "walk-ins" when a game channel in CTS has a bunch of people.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Fish

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

hakimashou posted:

I'm a poor newbie, but I would be interested in that large farm in North Two Crowns.

I have a 16x16 design burning a hole in my inventory; how much would you need?

e: I would also like a house, if you are interested in getting rid of both of them. My IGN is Rukte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

hakimashou posted:

I would be interested to buy some of your lands too. What is your ign?

• Locked thread