Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Quick, make "coming home" youtube tributes

Regnevelc posted:

Harbaugh turned Stanford around in a good Pac12 and we all know what he did in the pros.

True, but he did have a little help from a certain Ogre franchise QB :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
This is a weird press conference.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

49ers, Jim Harbaugh Mutually Agree to Part Ways

quote:

The San Francisco 49ers and Jim Harbaugh have mutually agreed to part ways. The 49ers organization has begun its search for the team’s next head coach, while Harbaugh is now free to consider his next coaching opportunity without any constraints.

49ers CEO Jed York and General Manager Trent Baalke will hold a press conference in the Levi’s® Stadium auditorium at 1:00 p.m. PST on Monday, December 29, to address the announcement and the organization’s subsequent coaching search.

“Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions,” said York. “We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history. Their commitment and hard work resulted in a period of success that should be looked back on proudly by our organization and our fans. We wish Jim and his family all the best.”

“For the last four seasons I have had the great privilege to coach one of the storied franchises in the history of football,” said Harbaugh. “We accomplished many great things together as a team during this period, which is a tribute to the incredible efforts of some of the most dedicated players and coaches in the NFL. I will miss competing alongside this group of players and coaches, I have the utmost respect and admiration for their hard work and support. It has been my honor to share the sideline with these mighty men. I will always appreciate and remember fondly, the passion and support of our Faithful fans, and want to express my particular thanks to them.”

York added: “We are now squarely focused on finding the next head coach of the 49ers and I am very confident in Trent’s ability to lead that process. With the great leaders and talented players we have in our locker room, we are ready to move into the next chapter of our team’s history.”
Harbaugh, who just concluded his fourth season with the franchise, led the 49ers to an 8-8 record in 2014 and a 49-22-1 overall record (5-3 in the postseason). During his tenure, the 49ers won two NFC West titles, reached the NFC Championship game in three consecutive seasons and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII. Harbaugh is the only coach in the history of the NFL to lead his team to the conference championship game in each of his first three seasons, and his 44 regular season coaching victories rank second in the NFL during his four-year tenure with the 49ers.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, drat you! God drat you all to hell!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe that entire last paragraph was actually typed in a release explaining why a guy was fired

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't believe that entire last paragraph was actually typed in a release explaining why a guy was fired

I'm so loving pissed about how this whole thing was handled.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Rad Valtar posted:

Are you a 9ers fan?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Eltoasto posted:

Quick, make "coming home" youtube tributes

True, but he did have a little help from a certain Ogre franchise QB :swoon:

Yeah, that helps, but he also helped develop Luck, a lot of players from that team went to the pros. Good coaching.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Regnevelc posted:

Are you a 9ers fan?

Yes

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ohio State fan too, I think?

Yikes man.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Regnevelc posted:

Yikes man.

You can imagine how conflicted this whole thing is for me.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Regnevelc posted:

Yikes man.

I'm the same odd combination. Went to OSU but grew up idolizing the 49ers.

Also this Harbaugh situation is the worst.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I guess Jim's going to be the OC for Greg Schiano or something, I dunno.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Rad Valtar posted:

I don't get it either from an ownership standpoint. Next year if the 49ers are a tire fire how does the front office justify this? Even if they go 7-9 it looks like a huge mistake. They literally need a playoff run of two or three years to keep people from thinking they hosed up.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Deteriorata posted:

I guess Jim's going to be the OC for Greg Schiano or something, I dunno.

Holy poo poo we're going to get a flight tracker after all.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Holy poo poo we're going to get a flight tracker after all.

Nah, Michigan blocked all the planes they might use for a coaching search right off the bat.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
NORAD is tracking James Joseph Harbaugh, folks.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gonz posted:

NORAD is tracking James Joseph Harbaugh, folks.

Fighters are being scrambled.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Good lord, assuming Harbaugh's heading back to college, he will leave as the 5th best coach of all time by winning percentage in the NFL. Only four years, but still.

I mean, the Niners' front office has done a great job bringing in free agents for some time. How are they that incompetent as far as coaching goes?

As a Michigan fan I have no issue with it, but seriously.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

rear end in a top hat Team Lands rear end in a top hat Coach

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Iowa State should consider trading up to Brady Hoke. Heck of a nice guy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Deteriorata posted:

I'm up for a new 10-Year War. Bring it on.

You aren't a bad poster in general. But you become one when you post like you are on MGoBlog. Stop. From all of us. Stop. You have been absolutely Ryan37108 the last few months and we expect more of you. Congrats you got your man. Now stop. You are the worst.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Bears poached Brian Kelly already?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thoguh posted:

You aren't a bad poster in general. But you become one when you post like you are on MGoBlog. Stop. From all of us. Stop. You have been absolutely Ryan37108 the last few months and we expect more of you. Congrats you got your man. Now stop. You are the worst.

I sincerely apologize for being right about everything. Piss off.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Deteriorata posted:

I sincerely apologize for being right about everything. Piss off.

Go on. Tell me more about how if you post every rumor that appears a few of them will be right. I'd love to hear.

What's your twitter handle. Clearly we all should tune in. Does ESPN have you on the phone already? I'm sure they do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
lol you weren't right about everything.

The only thing that you were able to prove is that Harbough is the next coach, the rest was hearsay you never got around to even sourcing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CharlestheHammer posted:

lol you weren't right about everything.

Don't stop him. The smug might consume us all.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Reading and posting in the Michigan Man Michigan Thread and then being upset about Michigan Posting seems to be like going to a Gwar concert and then being angry about being covered in fake bodily fluids.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Reading and posting in the Michigan Man Michigan Thread and then being upset about Michigan Posting seems to be like going to a Gwar concert and then being angry about being covered in fake bodily fluids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baExq6xNhQ8

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thoguh posted:

Tell me more about how if you post every rumor that appears a few of them will be right.

This is actually me in the recruiting thread.

to be fair though I'd rather everyone share the rumors, even the somewhat silly ones. Even if they are dumb or mostly implausible, they do a good job of getting people to frame their priorities with what they want or expect from their admins, teams, or fans

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is basically my opinion about this thread as expressed by Gwar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCNYK_9hKDk

In this metaphor Michigan is Jesus.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 29, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thoguh posted:

This is basically my opinion about this thread as expressed by Gwar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCNYK_9hKDk

In this metaphor Michigan is Jesus.

Maybe if you hold your breath until you turn blue and thrash around on the floor you can get Michigan to hire Will Muschamp.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

AsInHowe likely nailed it to the day while people were still sucking off FootballScoop.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

disheveled posted:

AsInHowe likely nailed it to the day while people were still sucking off FootballScoop.

Yep.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Credit where it's due. You scooped all of us. :tipshat:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Bip Roberts posted:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bip Roberts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy46iOwWQiE

:toot: *AIRHORRRRRRRRRRN* :toot:

Gonna have a fuckin pic-a-nic in December to celebrate.

PICNIC BASKETS FOR EVERYONE.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

congratulations on your new head coach, Eastern Michigan University

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

• Locked thread