Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Berke Negri posted:

unfortunately there is no DQ nearby, only a cold stone, which is garbage

whats your favorite boutique ice creams, chat thread?

The stuff that I make at home with my an ancient hand cranked ice cream maker that's been in my family for generations. Every year during strawberry season I go to buy the second picking fresh from the fields and then turn out gallons of ice cream. This is distributed to those who have won my approval in the previous year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The stuff that I make at home with my an ancient hand cranked ice cream maker that's been in my family for generations. Every year during strawberry season I go to buy the second picking fresh from the fields and then turn out gallons of ice cream. This is distributed to those who have won my approval in the previous year.

why the second picking?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

why the second picking?

The farms I buy from (they're close to my campus) load down the first picking with more berries than the plant can really handle. They come out pretty flavorless. The second picking has fewer berries per plant and thus is markedly sweeter and more berrylicious.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
My SAT score went down after I took a prep course :saddowns:

I also tutored SAT for a bit a after college and it is absurd how much people will pay for that stuff.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berke Negri posted:

unfortunately there is no DQ nearby, only a cold stone, which is garbage

South Mountain Creamery, a dairy farm from which I get dairy products delivered

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

why the second picking?

virgin fields aren't the sweetest pickings

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
what movie should i watch

is pride (2014) any good

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Exclamation Marx posted:

what movie should i watch

is pride (2014) any good

Several of my Facebook friends said they liked it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Berke Negri posted:

the dining halls at north carolina state university

the school has a giant ag program including a ton of farmland nearby so all the dairy products are fresh as in came in the back door that morning fresh

almost makes me wish i had gone there instead. almost

My Imaginary GF posted:

Whats a 2100 like in real SAT scores?

divide by 3 instead of 2

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Berke Negri posted:

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Any other answer is incorrect.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Joementum posted:

Uh...I think you mean Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

If we're going with Ben & Jerry's, NY Super Fudge Chunk is where it's at.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Several of my Facebook friends said they liked it.

cool i hope that the miners and the lgbt activists will voltron together to defeat thatcher at the end. gonna watch the dark horse (2014) as well, it's got cliff curtis as a mentally ill chess champion & is apparently the best nz movie ever made???

hmm the kerning on 14 is extremely bad what the hell richard

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

i'm curious as to why you say of course. it's just a 2001 LX i got for $3000

Cause people will be like "lol u car a tan jellybean" and you'll be like "$3000" :smugdog:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I really appreciate that fishmech felt he needed to share a picture of his busted up taurus with us.

edit: is someone having a mental break down in the 9/11 thread? Holidays are really rough on people

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 29, 2014

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

If you take a moment to browse the posts in the last several pages of the thread you will understand why it has the off meds tag.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

edit: is someone having a mental break down in the 9/11 thread? Holidays are really rough on people

They are, and they've got SedanChair and myself agreeing on issues such as their being loving bonkers.

When you bring SedanChair into alignment with my policy positions, you're probably a little bit crazy or super loving crazy.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SedanChair posted:

Cause people will be like "lol u car a tan jellybean" and you'll be like "$3000" :smugdog:

i would go more for "an oval party" tbqh for my generation of taurii

Berke Negri posted:

I really appreciate that fishmech felt he needed to share a picture of his busted up taurus with us.

that guy started off joking about bush doing 9/11 and then it became evident that he was a "no really guys, of course it wasn't bush, it was the international pill brokers and the reptoids that did 9/11" guy

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm not a fan of the international pill brokers

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

cool i hope that the miners and the lgbt activists will voltron together to defeat thatcher at the end. gonna watch the dark horse (2014) as well, it's got cliff curtis as a mentally ill chess champion & is apparently the best nz movie ever made???

hmm the kerning on 14 is extremely bad what the hell richard

i think the version of Roboto we're using is an older one

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nintendo Kid posted:

that guy started off joking about bush doing 9/11 and then it became evident that he was a "no really guys, of course it wasn't bush, it was the international pill brokers and the reptoids that did 9/11" guy

Wrong war, it was the international pill brokers and reptoids that did 6/28/14

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i still don't see why people would have a problem with reptoids running things. reptoids deserve a seat at the table.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dreylad posted:

i still don't see why people would have a problem with reptoids running things. reptoids deserve a seat at the table.

The problem is that all the seats are reptoid seats. Warm-bloods are completely shut out of all the high level power plays and secret programs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dreylad posted:

That's where all these theories collapse. You mean to tell me that every president is reptilian, that every banker is Jewish? Tell the truth unwashed in hyperbole, that each demographic is, ah, shall we say well-represented in their respective professions.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

paragon1 posted:

The problem is that all the seats are reptoid seats. Warm-bloods are completely shut out of all the high level power plays and secret programs.

Now I understand climate change and chemtrails.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

paragon1 posted:

Hahaha, sure. Believe that if it helps you sleep at night. I think we all know who really runs things on this world that doesn't actually exist.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paragon1 posted:

Was Abraham Lincoln a reptile? Watch these southern men say yes!

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they're worried that we're secretly governed by Cardassians?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Nintendo Kid posted:

I figured that guy was just trolling when saw his first few posts but he's been at it for a while if that's the case. :shrug:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

What if They Live is a documentary? Roddy Piper knew man, he knew.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

paragon1 posted:

the real problem with Blagojevich was that he should have held on to that Senate seat until the Vril-ya Executive Choir had finished their nominating process rather than handing it to the first Hydaspan consortium to come along and demand it

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 29, 2014

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SedanChair posted:

That's where all these theories collapse. You mean to tell me that every president is reptilian, that every banker is Jewish? Tell the truth unwashed in hyperbole, that each demographic is, ah, shall we say well-represented in their respective professions.

I would go further and that, and argue that working against the reptilians is irresponsible. Humanity has not been running to poorly under them, considering. Why rock the boat? What if a mammal is just too hot-blooded to run this crazy planet?

Dreylad posted:

Now I understand climate change and chemtrails.

War with the Newts.. it was a prophecy! :aaaaa:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think Channing Tatum would make a good Bond villain.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

cheerfullydrab posted:

I think Channing Tatum would make a good Bond villain.

I think Channing Tatum would make a :obama: James Bond.

E:

Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Addo Hominim,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.

The ad homs are coming! The ad homs are coming! As everyone knows, reptile overlords' only weakness are ad hom attacks.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 29, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

War with the Newts.. it was a prophecy! :aaaaa:

This is a good rear end book right here

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

that's an ad hom attack, you sheeple

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ad hominids

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This is why you don't send a goy to do a Jew's banker's job.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
im goy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Haha the NYPD threw a handcuffed kid out of a window.

Fuckthepolice.mp3

• Locked thread