Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Echophonic posted:

I'm not even sure I've SEEN a 5* Dark Elemental. I have scouted all the Beezelbubs I've seen, though.

Farm those all Monday long. It's 5* swirleys you may need to shoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

I'm not even sure I've SEEN a 5* Dark Elemental. I have scouted all the Beezelbubs I've seen, though.

I have one. They never freaking drop. I have 6-700 stamina bonuses saved for Sunday to just get it over with (hopefully).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Schrodingers cat posted:

I have one. They never freaking drop. I have 6-700 stamina bonuses saved for Sunday to just get it over with (hopefully).

I farmed a ton when there was the 2x bonus last week. They drop fairly regularly during bonus weeks on the hardest difficulty.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, hopefully I can snag one this week, I have a bunch of 40+ dark 5-stars.

I pulled a Vermillion Bird from my 5-star card. Is he worth my time over Shu?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

how is this thread not a honeypot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We have to live with the shame every day. Isnt that enough? :shepicide:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

SynthOrange posted:

You decide.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

Well, hopefully I can snag one this week, I have a bunch of 40+ dark 5-stars.

I pulled a Vermillion Bird from my 5-star card. Is he worth my time over Shu?

I've heard V-Bird is okay mostly due to his action speed but not exactly exemplary. Shu has his 7 star and he can build spirit like a monster so if you have a meter hungry frontline he may be a better pick.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

The lilith art is far from the most embarrassing, her face is drat weird though.. I'm happy most of my goals are done by Ravian. :v

Did a 10+1 roll this morning and got:

- Avnore
- 2x Constance
- Draven
- Labella
- Morgana

Not bad considering that's a lot of 4-5 * but it's not great... unless avnore is a good mid/defender dude? I was hoping for Meta/Malcolm/Lucid :(

VV Thanks a ton ZepiaEltnamOberon. I was in need of dark defenders/healers :)

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 28, 2014

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
any of you guys actually have 100 energy?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Avno's a 5* healer who's gonna get a 7* later. He's pretty useful. Throw him in the back line. Max his active, then his position debuff.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ropa posted:

any of you guys actually have 100 energy?

You can overcharge with the restores. I have 41 and it just sets me to 100+whatever I have.

Man, these 5* dark elementals are no joke. It's either I roll over them with the right friend or it goes back and forth before they kill me.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Put up a trigger warning before mentioning Avnore thanks. Starting to regret not scouting him when I had the chance, 5.4k gp and rising atm.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Thanks for the heads up on the dark elementals, I snagged 5 5* ones and a bunch of 4-stars. That should do me on evo's for a while.

I was kind of worried about evolving Dale, because my other evolutions have been liabilities until they got back up to a decent level. Dale shows up with like 250 HP at level 1 and is still a murder machine.

nftyw posted:

I've heard V-Bird is okay mostly due to his action speed but not exactly exemplary. Shu has his 7 star and he can build spirit like a monster so if you have a meter hungry frontline he may be a better pick.

I'll just keep using Shu, I'm tired of leveling new 5-stars and he's a good enabler for a pretty spirit-hungry team, yeah. If I replace him, it'll be a dark player, maybe I'll get insanely lucky and scout a Metatron? :suicide:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 28, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
3mil down, no Metatron~

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yess 5 5* dark elementals in a row :D

Lilith, Ravian and Gerrard are upgraded and now I have to rank up a lot to afford anything else.

Edit: Holy poo poo 6* Ravian's giga gravity is just stupid damage with Gerard's Ace buff O_O

If the ball makes it to the front line, everything dies.

MotU posted:

3mil down, no Metatron~

3mil?

Is there a way to farm Metatron?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 28, 2014

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
MetAtrons must be the legendary card for the week which means you have a tiny chance of seeing her in Scout lineups. You can reset the lineup for 15k gold if you're out of those reset balls but people regularly spend million trying to get legendary players to pop and get nothing to show for it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, Metatron's the Legendary for the week.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

nftyw posted:

MetAtrons must be the legendary card for the week which means you have a tiny chance of seeing her in Scout lineups. You can reset the lineup for 15k gold if you're out of those reset balls but people regularly spend million trying to get legendary players to pop and get nothing to show for it.

Haha and there I am with my 600k.

Thanks for the tip though. Is there a place you can see which legendary cards are up?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just above the scout button.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only spent 1 million on my end, but no Meta in sight. Passed over what must have been my third or fourth Blade, though, and some other 5*s that weren't too important. Did get a Littre, so there's that.

Managed to get 300 crystals with Colo Awards + Collection (got my first evo'd Mera) but drew no 5*s. At least my Durahan got another Superb?

Not gonna bother with anymore gold scouting until the last day.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
During my 3mil Scout Spamming I maanged ot get 7 Littres and 3 Beelzebubs so it isn't a *total* loss

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Put up a trigger warning before mentioning Avnore thanks. Starting to regret not scouting him when I had the chance, 5.4k gp and rising atm.

Avnore is A tier and the only healer we know getting a 7* in next update most likely moving him to S tier

His active is also the best heal in the game. I don't see a better healer for the backrow unless you're doing mono. Am I missing something?

Echophonic posted:

You can overcharge with the restores. I have 41 and it just sets me to 100+whatever I have.

omggg

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Stop

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ropa posted:

Avnore is A tier and the only healer we know getting a 7* in next update most likely moving him to S tier

His active is also the best heal in the game. I don't see a better healer for the backrow unless you're doing mono. Am I missing something?

omggg

hahah that's mean.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, it is such a slog getting the final levels on 5*s. My team's not good enough for Hell matches, so I'm stuck getting 1600XP a pop on Very Hard rival matches. Is there something else I could be doing to make this less of a grind? Right now I have Bora, Lillith, and Avnore in the mid-40s and it takes a stack of penguins to do anything. I guess it's okay if I only do one or two at a time, because I probably won't have room on my team for all of them if I evolve them and I only have the materials for Bora and one of my dark 5*s. Should I upgrade Lilith or Avnore first?

Edit: Penguins are nice, but expensive to train with. So now I have Bora almost ready to evolve, but no money. :(

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 30, 2014

Kosmicheskaya
Jun 15, 2003

Maybe I am a hero, after all.

Echophonic posted:

Man, it is such a slog getting the final levels on 5*s. My team's not good enough for Hell matches, so I'm stuck getting 1600XP a pop on Very Hard rival matches. Is there something else I could be doing to make this less of a grind? Right now I have Bora, Lillith, and Avnore in the mid-40s and it takes a stack of penguins to do anything. I guess it's okay if I only do one or two at a time, because I probably won't have room on my team for all of them if I evolve them and I only have the materials for Bora and one of my dark 5*s. Should I upgrade Lilith or Avnore first?

Edit: Penguins are nice, but expensive to train with. So now I have Bora almost ready to evolve, but no money. :(

Scout Kumas if you can. You can also earn a couple every season (i.e. every two weeks) in the achievements. The higher the card's level, the more gold per card it takes to level, so try to get as many levels as possible with as few cards as possible.

A 5* Kuma (if you have one) will give something stupid like 40 levels on a fresh 7*, so use them wisely.

Also, are you using penguins of the same element? There's a 20% bonus if you use matching elements, so that helps.

I would suggest upgrading Avnore first. He can really swing games.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kosmicheskaya posted:

Scout Kumas if you can. You can also earn a couple every season (i.e. every two weeks) in the achievements. The higher the card's level, the more gold per card it takes to level, so try to get as many levels as possible with as few cards as possible.

A 5* Kuma (if you have one) will give something stupid like 40 levels on a fresh 7*, so use them wisely.

Also, are you using penguins of the same element? There's a 20% bonus if you use matching elements, so that helps.

I would suggest upgrading Avnore first. He can really swing games.

I've been trying to be judicuous with Kumas, now that I can reliably get to the right level in the seasons. I scout them when I get them, too. I just evolved Bora, since I had her at the right spot and Avnore's going to require a lot more XP than I can manage for the new few days. My front line seems a little fragile with two fresh 6-stars (one of them my striker), but I think that'll even out eventually. At least if someone breaks Dale or Bora, they run into Lindsey or Lilith, respectvely.

I think I'll do Avnore first. Losing Aura of Bloodsucking on Lilith would probably break me. Also, uh, now I can't afford him in my team. Oops. So yeah, it'll be a bit before my next evolution.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 30, 2014

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I just started playing this today but I have some issues with this since, randomly, I'm getting kicked out to the iPad menu and just now it keeps freezing on the title screen.
I read that it's caused by lovely internet connections, but I wanted to ask about this.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Holy hell Avnore is great and I did my first Hell run successfuly :3

It's not auto-play very hard easy but it's finally accessible!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm at the point where I can auto-play hell, but Ultimate matches are still devastating. Also starting to hit a brick wall in the Challenge matches and keep stalling out around 26 in the colesseum. The pvp matches are always a mystery depending on who I'm matched up against.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't hit past 23 yet, though that may be cause I'm too lazy to manually play Colo unless I'm up against a Champion. I do need to evolve more of my characters though. Why couldn't I run a mono-light team? Neris are good for jack poo poo. And the game keeps giving me light players. I got an Anael from the 5* player log-in reward and she's apparently the best defender ever.

But no, me and my determination to be mono-dark for life. I wish I could get a Metatron. Then I can be dark & light for life instead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm slowly moving my team to a mono-dark. Hated to switch out Latios as my frontline striker since her shoots have a really nice ability. (20% heal each shot for the whole team!) but compensating with a decent assist player to make Lucid and Ravian absolute monsters. I ended up with a near fully superb Fontus too so he's holding up the back line if the ball ends up there and needs to break through. Got Avnore, Malcolm, Lilith and Zibroi to round out the hurt. What would be nice would be a Roald if he shows up, then I can move Fontus up to midfield and have strong penetrators on all levels.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Seems like a lot of folks play Dark in this thread. Luckily Bora can hold her own without a boost, because I haven't seen a good dark striker yet. White Tiger and Shu aren't bad, either. The game keeps giving me Mins, though, almost like it's telling me to put him in over Shu.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I threw my first few 10+1 draws at the event draw page, it gave me a lot of Dark players, so I just rolled with it and kept building on what I had.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd really like a Niarose to take my team full killstick. She'd be like Dale, but make my spirit-gaining center and striker monsters, too. Then maybe get Nari or Baltheon to replace White Tiger. Cards I'll never see, you know the kind.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My main team is pretty rainbow, but I've enough cards to make mostly Lightning, Dark, and Light decks, usually ignoring goalie and striker/assist. It'd just take far too much time and resources to get them even to lv 50, much less doing things like grinding Kumas to seven star Blade. If anything I'd probably take Uriel to 7* because as others have said gently caress Neris, Meras are more valuable then Neris and he doesnt even do anything yet.

Kosmicheskaya
Jun 15, 2003

Maybe I am a hero, after all.

Echophonic posted:

I'd really like a Niarose to take my team full killstick. She'd be like Dale, but make my spirit-gaining center and striker monsters, too. Then maybe get Nari or Baltheon to replace White Tiger. Cards I'll never see, you know the kind.

The Alkyde boss match is scheduled for tomorrow, and she's apparently a fairly decent assist. I'm going to spend all those 100STs I have saved up for her. (Still using a Jackson, lol)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

SynthOrange posted:

I'm slowly moving my team to a mono-dark. Hated to switch out Latios as my frontline striker since her shoots have a really nice ability. (20% heal each shot for the whole team!) but compensating with a decent assist player to make Lucid and Ravian absolute monsters. I ended up with a near fully superb Fontus too so he's holding up the back line if the ball ends up there and needs to break through. Got Avnore, Malcolm, Lilith and Zibroi to round out the hurt. What would be nice would be a Roald if he shows up, then I can move Fontus up to midfield and have strong penetrators on all levels.

Don't put two strikers in your front line. Lucid is probably the better striker in a vacuum, but Ravian has an insane ace skill for a mono dark team. If you don't want to cut either, you might try moving ravian to the mid line and using Lucid as your striker. Just don't level Ravian's active if you do that.

EDIT: If you want to see the insanity of a Ravian-based mono dark team, check out this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a35xqyBOhzE

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I have a feeling I am gonna walk away from this event without an Alkyde which is all I wanted from it really. Ultimate is a bitch and I've blown about 400 Stamina on Hell with no drop yet

Also, as for Strikers for Dark, Lucid is really amazing in PVE but her main useful passive (Eclipse) is completely worthless in PVP since the AI doesn't know how to use it so it makes her very eh outside of Colosseum and non-tournament PVP

• Locked thread