Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
This is one of the stranger things I've seen in chat recently:

New page, eh? Well I might as well repost this:

Darkrenown posted:

On the subject of arty, did the Personal missions have a tier limit? Wondering if I should buy a GW Tiger while it's on sale, I rage sold it back when the big arty nerf hit and I dunno if the FV304 and LeF will cut it for missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Blaargh posted:

The next couple rounds of the Stand To are up. I made teams if anyone wants to do it.

Tier 7 on the 28th at 7:30PM EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113250-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

Tier 8 on the 29th at 7:30 EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113251-The_Firey_Fabulous_Ones/

Password for both is the same as the goon channel.

Still have room and there's time to sign up if anyone wants to give the Stand To a go. Just me and PauI both days so far. Remember these are quick, fun affairs, so not too much sting when you get blown to hell.

Edit: 28th is 3v3, and 29th 5v5.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 28, 2014

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Valle posted:

Upload them to imgur.com - use the BBCode (message boards & forums) bit but change img to timg (and /img to /timg) - profit!

Edit: oh hey you did it while I was typing this!

I read minds.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I know why I like playing on the Eu server more than US. Just has a tier 7 game with 28 tier 7s in it.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Burt posted:

I know why I like playing on the Eu server more than US. Just has a tier 7 game with 28 tier 7s in it.

I just had one with 26 T8 heavies, 2 T9 heavies, and 2 T7 mediums, evenly distributed (also on EU). Perfectly enjoyable. :)

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 28, 2014

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Loving the new thread title

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Burt posted:

Speaking of, I had this match yesterday on NA:

I think that's the closest I've ever seen to equal teams, with regards to the actual tanks.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Burt posted:

Are you not in Oz any more?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Ladies and gentlemen, the fastest cap:

We lost, I hope that was the 5* for many in the opposing team.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

A LefH platoon is a thing of pure balance

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NA_West.txt

Also, second highest damage on team, a paltry 1.7k.:suicide:
The Wotlabs XVM scale is loving retarded as well.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Sub-1k green is a bit weird after all these years.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

srb posted:

I count anyone under 1200 as human garbage for the most part anyways. Student Paul being the exception :love:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

primelaw posted:

I count anyone under 1200 as human garbage for the most part anyways. Student Paul being the exception :love:

Hooray, at least I count as something! Human garbage thinks you're cool though. :wave:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Valle posted:

Speaking of, I had this match yesterday on NA:

I think that's the closest I've ever seen to equal teams, with regards to the actual tanks.

I've seen a match of nothing but T8 heavies and mediums. Both teams.

Also, the new scaling for WN8 is why I use my own config and don't change the colors. Green for me starts at something like 1200 or 1250 WN8 and 52% WR.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

how are you guys getting 5x XP for your wins today?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Alpine Mustache posted:

warpack.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Alpine Mustache posted:

Shoot red tanks, repeat. Politely inform team about their lack of awareness and mental abilities if losing.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Alpine Mustache posted:

Aren't you using warpack too?

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

no, i am too terrible at this game. also i dont want to shell out the $ for 2500 gold/month for premium

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yesterday I played the South Park Stick of Truth game from the Steam sale; I played it the whole day & didn't touch tanks. Highly recommended, both for the not having to play tanks part but also the SP game is fun in its own right. It's pretty amusing to beat the poo poo out of kids with alien dildos and throw turds in their mouths, and it's got plenty of profanity and even cartoon nudity & horse-loving (seriously....) It's a lite-RPG but feels very much like an episode of the show.

Cardiac posted:

As well, any suggestions on which tank I should get next?
I have these unlocked:

Indienpanzer
Tiger2 (all guns unlocked from the TigerP line)
Maus
Ferdie (which I have already ragesold once, but the Jagdzilla looks fun)
Wz-131 (got a good crew from my Type-62/64)
T-34-1 (got a 4 skill Type59 crew to put there)
Chi-Ri
Obj416 (finally out of the loving A-44)
AMX 50 120
Tier7 Lorraine SPG (which I have ragesold)
Conqeror
Crusader SP

In this order (roughly from tier and level of fun/playability):

Maus
AMX 50 120
Conqeror
Tiger2
Obj416
Indienpanzer
Ferdie
Wz-131
T-34-1
Chi-Ri
Tier7 Lorraine SPG
Crusader SP

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 29, 2014

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Bought the VK 3000D the other day and had a chance to run about 5 games in it today. It is a weirdly effective medium. I don't have the top engine yet, but everything else is unlocked and man that short 88 with the 5.6 reload time is hilariously effective. So far I've broken even on credits, but haven't quite had to carry super hard. 2.5k damage game first time out too. Nice mobility with a vague amount of armor to boot.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Here's a great screenshot of pubbie deployment at 2.5 minutes into a game on Swamp:

And it's a good thing that Ensk is a small map, or I never would have been able to do this:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1469984

I ran out of APCR.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

srb posted:

Besides making me and every other shitlord blue, it also makes every average fucker green.

Atomizer posted:

In this order (roughly from tier and level of fun/playability):

Maus
AMX 50 120
Conqeror
Tiger2
Obj416
Indienpanzer
Ferdie
Wz-131
T-34-1
Chi-Ri
Tier7 Lorraine SPG
Crusader SP

Why the Tiger2 so high? A slow tier8 tank that sees tier10 is not the funniest in my mind.
Will probably get the Conq then in preparation for the Chieftain switch.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So is it just me or does the Tiger 1 literally get ammoracked every single shot it takes? I think I've gotten ammoracked like 6 times in 3 games. I loving quit

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
point your tank at the other tanks

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

icantfindaname posted:

So is it just me or does the Tiger 1 literally get ammoracked every single shot it takes? I think I've gotten ammoracked like 6 times in 3 games. I loving quit

Going to have to say it's just you.

You need to be hanging back in the Tiger, use your accuracy and DPS to kill stuff who are busy with your team mates, then go in when everything is damaged and use your big HP pool to clean up.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The British tree really needs a heavy crew trainer premium, so they've given us exactly what we need

quote:

IS-5 (Object 730)

Description:

The development of experimental Soviet heavy tank started in 1949 in the ChKZ design bureau under the leadership of Zh.J.Kotin. In 1950, a trial run of 10 vehicles was built. After a full series of tests and some changes, the vehicle was accepted into service in 1953 under the IS-8 designation.

Tier 8 Soviet HT
Hitpoints: 1550
Engine: 700 hp
Weight: 49,045 tons
Power-to-weight: 14,27 hp/t
Maximum speed: 42/14 km/h
Hull traverse: 26 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,247/2,11
Turret traverse: 25 deg/s
Viewrange: 360
Radio range: 440

Hull armor: 120/120/?
Turret armor: 201/129/?

Gun: D-25T
Damage: 390
Penetration: 175
ROF: 5,129
DPM: 2000,2
Reload: 11,699
Accuracy: 0,441
Aimtime: 3,07s
Depression: -3

:downsgun:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Stupid question, why does the bush in this video sort of disappear as he zooms in?

http://youtu.be/yu4M4DJrnTs?t=33m23s

Is it because he has some graphic setting jacked up all the way? Because I have all of mine down low and what happens to the bush in this video does not.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

Stupid question, why does the bush in this video sort of disappear as he zooms in?

http://youtu.be/yu4M4DJrnTs?t=33m23s

Is it because he has some graphic setting jacked up all the way? Because I have all of mine down low and what happens to the bush in this video does not.

One of the modpacks has a setting where you can tweak that. There is also one of the Tundra mods that only removes the leaves and bushes when you zoom into sniper mode which is p.cool.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

demonR6 posted:

One of the modpacks has a setting where you can tweak that. There is also one of the Tundra mods that only removes the leaves and bushes when you zoom into sniper mode which is p.cool.

I thought they said that anything that removes foliage is considered an illegal mod...

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

I thought they said that anything that removes foliage is considered an illegal mod...

It's not completely removing I guess? I'll have to check when I get home but I remember now that even the WOT Tweaker has a setting where you can dick around with the foliage as well.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

demonR6 posted:

It's not completely removing I guess? I'll have to check when I get home but I remember now that even the WOT Tweaker has a setting where you can dick around with the foliage as well.

It's just the normal foliage transparency that you can switch on in the game options since a few patches back I'd say.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I think something in the Jimbos reticle might do that. I've had bushes disappear in certain zoom settings beyond the standard amount.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Dalael posted:

I think the biggest complaint against the lowe is, as Hellsau said, its speed. I was once climbing a hill next a MAUS with my Lowe, and we were neck and neck. Both just as painfully slow. I would pay :10bux: to have a better engine on the Lowe. Its top speed is great.. Its the horsepower to weight ratio that is awful i think.

Other than that, the Lowe is a great tank. Back when I bought it, it was awesome. I am not sure if it is still worth its current price tho(its still 50$ right?)

You should have bought the Lowe when it was 7500 gold back in 2011 like I did... best 7500 gold I ever spent!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I think something in the Jimbos reticle might do that. I've had bushes disappear in certain zoom settings beyond the standard amount.

I am pretty sure I tested that reticle and may have noticed that. There is another though that does it as well but it is from a questionable RU site where I would only suggest you ever check from a computer you are sure has a very robust antivirus and you can run your browser in sandboxed mode.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

The British tree really needs a heavy crew trainer premium, so they've given us exactly what we need

:downsgun:

Ahaha they couldn't even put in the IS-5 with a 100 mm gun that could at least have a gimmick, they just added a mediocre IS-6 clone. Amazing.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Ensign Expendable posted:

Ahaha they couldn't even put in the IS-5 with a 100 mm gun that could at least have a gimmick, they just added a mediocre IS-6 clone. Amazing.

Just the shape of the hull and the d10 turret make it look op as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

This is one of the stranger things I've seen in chat recently:

A quick Googling reveals it to be lyrics from weird commie metal. Except they're American.