Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

mcpringles posted:

Try to get the Christmas units and use them to roll through the PvP to get a bunch of honor. Even with that I only have one 5 star and one 4 star though.

Any hints on the Christmas units? I get rolled in both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

There is a post a couple of pages back: for your girl, you want the gun chick with the white mask that has a multi-hit block attack.

The problem is that even after figuring out, the drop rate in Dream is so bad that for 3 days I've gotten no heroes. Do you have to clear all three levels before you can win a boss from the first ones?

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

Read my post about it on page 2. I'd use Leon to tank and then you need a boy and girl with multi hit attacks.

A mage with blizzard and a gunner with the bomb atttack work well.

The drop rate is random. The seem to drop around 10-20% for me but I might be lucky. You don't have to beat all the stages to get a drop.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 28, 2014

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Between colosseum, quests, and dungeons, I've gotten enough honor for 2 5*s, and I also have 4 4*s that I promoted from 3*. Once you get to volcano, the quests start giving ~150-250 honor, so that's a pretty big change from earlier stages. Of course, it's pretty difficult to get to that point unless you have the christmas units or full 4* or higher

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
I pretty much started with 5 star hanzo and it made content laughable but now I feel like I'm playing catch everyone else up.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I'm having the opposite problem of everyone else it seems. I have 7k honor banked from Colosseum after making 2 6*s but I've been consistently short on money to feed bread to level guys up

tophet posted:

Ok, I've hit a wall in the forest hard mode where I just can't do enough damage to the bosses to kill them faster than they heal. I'm using level 5 Leon, hanzo and mew. I feel like I should be doing better, am I missing something.

Edit: still stuck, tried bringing someone's maxed level 6 Leon instead of mine and at best if I try and align all the stars and can get them down to about half health before the heal back to full. Is this a crazy difficulty spike for anyone else?

There are few levels that are pure DPS checks, generally ones that involve a healer unit. Check if they put up a physical or magical barrier and borrow someone's 6 star to clear it. Add wassbix if you want a 6* Gipang for the levels. I'm on Hard Volcano and yeah it does get pretty difficult since some bosses will totally ignore 1 type of damage. You really need 6*s to start clearing desert on wards.

I've been using Bella + saving up skills to blow up the boss levels because they all get some insane regen in Hard mode.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Holy poo poo, Gravity Labyrinth-14 just loving destroyed me. My team going through the dungeon was a 5*Leon, 5*Archon and 5* Mew with 5* weapons and I still get completely stomped flat. I just want to get the paladin legendary but by the looks of it, not possible with this team at all.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc

Wassbix posted:

I'm having the opposite problem of everyone else it seems. I have 7k honor banked from Colosseum after making 2 6*s but I've been consistently short on money to feed bread to level guys up

There are few levels that are pure DPS checks, generally ones that involve a healer unit. Check if they put up a physical or magical barrier and borrow someone's 6 star to clear it. Add wassbix if you want a 6* Gipang for the levels. I'm on Hard Volcano and yeah it does get pretty difficult since some bosses will totally ignore 1 type of damage. You really need 6*s to start clearing desert on wards.

I've been using Bella + saving up skills to blow up the boss levels because they all get some insane regen in Hard mode.

Thanks, I added you. I'm also working on deleting pubies 5/day to add goons, but I'm in as tyleriko if people want to add for l5 hanzo

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

mcpringles posted:

Read my post about it on page 2. I'd use Leon to tank and then you need a boy and girl with multi hit attacks.

A mage with blizzard and a gunner with the bomb atttack work well.

The drop rate is random. The seem to drop around 10-20% for me but I might be lucky. You don't have to beat all the stages to get a drop.

I don’t have a Leon, but your advice worked! I have beat the first 2 levels, no drops so far though.

I am sitting on 36 diamonds, worth trying to pull another 4 star to beef up the team? Or are most people just evolving 3s?

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Finally beat that stage I was stuck on (1-21) using that borrowed unit from wassbix . Probably took 25 minutes and I literally filled the whole board with Leon's circle power, started hammering on my goddess debuff thing and hitting all the attacks and barely got them to 0. Stupid fight. Leon did 450k damage total and the archer I borrowed did about 230k.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Snowmankilla posted:

I don’t have a Leon, but your advice worked! I have beat the first 2 levels, no drops so far though.

I am sitting on 36 diamonds, worth trying to pull another 4 star to beef up the team? Or are most people just evolving 3s?

Wait don't everyone start the game with Leon?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Wassbix posted:

Wait don't everyone start the game with Leon?

poo poo. I am an idiot then. Game won't load for me right now, but I will get him built up.

Still curious if I should pull or just try to make 4 stars.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Snowmankilla posted:

poo poo. I am an idiot then. Game won't load for me right now, but I will get him built up.

According to some posts on Line out of 100 pulls a guy got 3 4*s and nothing higher. So I think spending Jewels on just refilling food is the best?

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
I feel really dumb. I have a quest to do normal mode, but clicking "normal" on the stage selection just tells me I need to beat normal mode to do hard mode.
What am I missing here?

Seraji
Oct 28, 2007

Please wait while custom title and avatar loads...

Garbanian posted:

I feel really dumb. I have a quest to do normal mode, but clicking "normal" on the stage selection just tells me I need to beat normal mode to do hard mode.
What am I missing here?

You are already in normal mode, clicking normal turns it to hard (and clicking hard turns it to normal when you unlock hard).

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I managed to get carried through one of the world bosses and got a 5* sword for my Leon.

Shits dope.

Any recommendation for weapon slot choices (what smithing options are best) and what Mage Skills are worth taking? I'm using Alice with Black Hole and it seems to not really do much damage.

I also have a 4* Hanzo but haven't really gotten around to using him yet. Wondering if it's worth swapping out my Alice for him.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

Leon is top tier so I'd level him up first. Maybe do a few pulls and use the rest for meat and more bread/weapon/unit storage.

m.hache posted:

So I managed to get carried through one of the world bosses and got a 5* sword for my Leon.

Shits dope.

What's up doesn't deserve 5* sword buddy. I wasn't paying attention and instantly died. My partner did all the damage and barely won with a sliver of life on his last dude. I'm sure he was pissed I got the sword while he got gold :frog:

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 29, 2014

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
What are peoples opinions on Totem Healers vs Direct Healers? I was against totem healers until my Nursespy hit level 4 now her totems heal and do AoE damage at the same time. She's doing about a quarter of my DPS now if I'm spamming 3 block totems.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

m.hache posted:

What are peoples opinions on Totem Healers vs Direct Healers? I was against totem healers until my Nursespy hit level 4 now her totems heal and do AoE damage at the same time. She's doing about a quarter of my DPS now if I'm spamming 3 block totems.

I was for direct healers when I had the space cadet--I think that character is broken or something because it's like 220% single-target heal for single block heals and the heal doesn't really scale that much at 3-blocks--but Yeowoodang's heal amount seems pretty anemic compared to woompa woompas. On the other hand, you don't get hosed against teams that knock you away from your totems a lot.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

After getting stomped a few more times in Gravity Labyrinth-14 I realized after asking on Line that I needed some stun which for warriors is a locked skill that needs a 5* Kaori to unlock. :suicide:

Luckily I managed to get a Kaori from my first 3* warrior promotion this morning. :woop:

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Majinfefnir13 posted:

After getting stomped a few more times in Gravity Labyrinth-14 I realized after asking on Line that I needed some stun which for warriors is a locked skill that needs a 5* Kaori to unlock. :suicide:

Luckily I managed to get a Kaori from my first 3* warrior promotion this morning. :woop:

Do you have Green Elf? You can set up chain stuns with her at 3*.

Edit: Nevermind I forgot you can't use archers. Coincidently I just got destroyed on floor 14 after posting this :v:

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 29, 2014

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Picked this up last week - couldn't really make a dent in the Xmas stuff, but pretty fun otherwise so far :)

IGN is DWsa if anyone wants to add me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I refuse to use the Xmas units because they look kinda meh compared to everything else but Jesus there is one guy in the arena with 3x3* units and he just demolishes my 4* team.

Doesn't make sense.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

I refuse to use the Xmas units because they look kinda meh compared to everything else but Jesus there is one guy in the arena with 3x3* units and he just demolishes my 4* team.

Doesn't make sense.

You can get up to Masters in Arena with a Christmas team, and they can easily beat a full 5* team and 6* teams that's not geared to go up against Christmas dudes. Stat wise they are 3*s but their block abilities are par with 6*s. It's a simple team to put together and they get really far with the proper gear + goddess powers.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Deathwing posted:

Picked this up last week - couldn't really make a dent in the Xmas stuff, but pretty fun otherwise so far :)

IGN is DWsa if anyone wants to add me.

Desidio in game, did the OP ever make the google drive sheet for usernames?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

You can get up to Masters in Arena with a Christmas team, and they can easily beat a full 5* team and 6* teams that's not geared to go up against Christmas dudes. Stat wise they are 3*s but their block abilities are par with 6*s. It's a simple team to put together and they get really far with the proper gear + goddess powers.

Damnit, don't make me farm them!

What would be the best group? Warrior/Priest/Mage?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Green Elf + Rudolph + Wizard Santa is classic.

Also boy oh boy do I love the World Boss queue being stuffed up with nothing but people with not-even-leveled 4*s expecting the other player to carry the whole fight. I would if I could, friend. I would if I could.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

My favorite christmas team is snowman + rudolph + elf. Once you start riding the 3-chain train, it never stops because the snowman will proc his own passive so you get 3 3-block chains for every single snowman block. It may not be the best, but it's so fun

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't know if this was addressed but what should we be spending our diamonds on? The Gachapon?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

I don't know if this was addressed but what should we be spending our diamonds on? The Gachapon?

Food or expansion. Gachapon is only if you reallllllly want the (low low low) chance of getting the gachapon only 4*s

The Christmas team is Snowman/Green Elf + 3rd. People put in either Rudolph or Bear. The snowman gives a flat 200 atk boost and a free 3 block for 1 when someone else 3 blocks. Green elf 3 blocks whenever someone else 3 blocks. The stun will cancel skills/block attacks mid-way, this is huge and a good stun will cancel a Blessing of Goddess and win you the match right there. Also, there is a bug where a stunned Leon will stop doing things and slowly glide towards you forever, which is hilarious.

The weakness of the Christmas team is their low HP pool and they will get one shot by a Gipang 6* or other high dps 6*s. They rely on pure sustain to grind out their opponents due to their block advantages. Lot of goddess choices are either Anut or Sera. Bear is ran if you have the invul shield unlocked as the leader, or Rudolph with Blessing of Goddess. Equipment wise, get anything that will add Def/Res or flat HP, they will never lack damage due to combos.

Alexander 6* + Snowman/Elf is pretty potent too. Alexander gives tonnes of defense and can land the hammer to stun 2.5s along with the Elf.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 30, 2014

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I have now beaten the Christmas dungeon like 20 times across 3 difficulties of dream. Still no drops. Can't heal through nightmare. Boo.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Reiterpallasch posted:

Green Elf + Rudolph + Wizard Santa is classic.

Also boy oh boy do I love the World Boss queue being stuffed up with nothing but people with not-even-leveled 4*s expecting the other player to carry the whole fight. I would if I could, friend. I would if I could.

My Christmas team can hang at the first difficulty (10 sta) but had troubles at 15 (the partner was using 4* and a 5* vanilla unit)

How likely are they to nerf Xmas units after New Years? Their synergy outperforms my 4*/5* team and it doesn't take an assload of food and honor to get going.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
I'd say it's semi-likely. Santa with Mana Recycle makes their passives proc constantly and it gets a little insane, especially when you pair him with Green Elf and virtually any of the others (marksman aside. Her grenades never seem to get thrown far enough).

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Bell_ posted:

My Christmas team can hang at the first difficulty (10 sta) but had troubles at 15 (the partner was using 4* and a 5* vanilla unit)

How likely are they to nerf Xmas units after New Years? Their synergy outperforms my 4*/5* team and it doesn't take an assload of food and honor to get going.

I don't think they're going to get nerfed any time soon. Sure the units are awesome but they hit a wall sooner or later since they don't have the HP to survive the harder levels and bosses. You're still going to have to grind other units to 6*.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, with 6* guys I can usually brute force a Christmas team down unless the AI is lucky enough to pull infinite 3-block combos out of its rear end and stunlock me forever. Which does happen. I generally don't like fighting Christmas teams because it's kind of a crapshoot for me, while I can know pretty much 100% of the time I can beat 5*-based teams.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Fighting against christmas teams using a christmas team sucks a lot too. Whoever shoots off the elf passive first basically wins

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

Yeah, with 6* guys I can usually brute force a Christmas team down unless the AI is lucky enough to pull infinite 3-block combos out of its rear end and stunlock me forever. Which does happen. I generally don't like fighting Christmas teams because it's kind of a crapshoot for me, while I can know pretty much 100% of the time I can beat 5*-based teams.

There should really be a goddess that gives you straight out status immunity to avoid getting stunlocked forever in PVP. It's not really a test of skill when there's nothing you can press that will make a difference.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Majinfefnir13 posted:

If you're still stuck I just beat it using the debuff goddess with Leon, snowman and Rudolf. They get a huge attack buff so removing that really helps.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 30, 2014

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bah, I just farmed up 2 AKA Santa healers. Is there a reason to keep a second around?

Also if you evolve them to 4*+ do they change to another class? And is it worth leveling them up or are they just a powerhouse 3* team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erinyes
Jun 1, 2007

the sound and the fury
By the grace of some mobile gaming deity, I managed to get the Christmas Rudolph, Snowman and Elf all in the last 8 hours of the Holiday dungeon (in addition to multiples of the Sniper and Santa...).

I'm kind of conflicted about the Sniper vs Elf since the Sniper's is so easy to chain infinitely, but I think Sniper works way better at world quests than PvP.

• Locked thread