Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Wildtortilla posted:

In Bayo 1, how do I exit the menu after playing Angel Attack? I have a menu of a bunch of lolipops and other poo poo than I can buy with AA points or with Halos, but I can't find my way out of this menu. How do I get on with the game? :(

Once you have the rewards you want select the option to convert the rest of your AA points into halos. You can't save them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Housh posted:

Is Bayonetta fine with the wii gamepad or would it be a hindrance to the experience if I don't use a Pro controller?
Someone already answered, but my take on it.... I actually played the first 6 hours of the game on the gamepad before I got the Pro Controller. I've been playing ALL games with the gamepad. Suddenly switching to the Pro Controller actually was a big distraction that made the next level harder until I had gotten a bit more used to it. My hands just hold it and approach the buttons from slightly different angles. I think both are great options for the game, though. I can't think of anything negative about playing it with the Wii U Gamepad other than the battery will not last until the game has been beaten several times like the Pro Controller battery will.

homeless snail posted:

Kind of. Those games, especially on harder difficulties, are really about time management. Missions pretty often ask you to do two different things on opposite sides of the map and you need to prioritize what actually needs your attention at any given time. Like basic enemies and outposts are almost in the game just to waste your time and distract you from things that actually matter, but sometimes if you skip capturing a base or let one of yours fall then that gives the enemy enough of a foothold to put pressure on your HQ and if you lose that its game over. Its like a really basic strategy layer on top of a really basic action game.
Hyrule Warriors REALLY made me miss Samurai Warriors Chronicles on the 3DS. You often had a few objectives to get done, or at least several locations to reach. And you could open the map and direct 3 other generals to run to certain locations/enemies/etc while you controlled one. If trouble came up or you needed poo poo done faster, you could switch to any other general on the fly. I was so wishing I could switch characters or tell people to go to certain spots in Hyrule Warriors after doing 60 some hours on the 3DS.

Wildtortilla posted:

In Bayo 1, how do I exit the menu after playing Angel Attack? I have a menu of a bunch of lolipops and other poo poo than I can buy with AA points or with Halos, but I can't find my way out of this menu. How do I get on with the game? :(
You already got an answer, but I have to say I had the same problem at first, too. I kept trying to figure out how to leave without losing my points at first, too. I didn't really feel like learning the shooting game and wanted to do Bayo, so I used up my shots really fast and had almost no points. 9 chapters in to the game and I'm finally actually putting a small bit of effort into Angel Attack so I can at least get one reward.

edit:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOA has finally (within the last week or so) started posting a complete list of current sales and sales prices on their website:

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

I'd recommend the Two Tribes games, if you don't have 'em already: Toki Tori, Rush and Edge are all $1.50 right now and Toki Tori 2 is $5.99.

Also, thanks! I could swear I looked at their sales the other day and that I didn't see many... but maybe at the time I didn't realize they used that stupid sliding list instead of just listing all of the games.

But with that I was able to get enough games that I only spent 2 cents more than needed for my last $5 on the DDP.

...I just don't know when I'll use it, I've still got probably 40 hours left of Hyrule Warriors without the DLC, some more Bayo 1 to play, Bayo 2 to start, Captain Toad, Wonderful 101, and at least a few hours to put into my $5 copy of Ninja Gaiden 3. Not to mention MK8 and Smash Bros will always get some game time.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 29, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Groupon has Wii Fit U with a balance board and two fit meters for $50 shipped: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-wii-fit-u-bundle-3

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there any place I, as an American, can buy a black balance board without paying more than the game itself?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

Is there any place I, as an American, can buy a black balance board without paying more than the game itself?

I don't think they come in black.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

I don't think they come in black.

They do in not America. :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Stop washing your feet.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
alternatively, paint your balance board

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

They have Silicone skins to put over your balance board that just happen to be black. Problem solved.
Plus, it's easier to wash the skin than it is to wash the board.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fly with me posted:

They have Silicone skins to put over your balance board that just happen to be black. Problem solved.
Plus, it's easier to wash the skin than it is to wash the board.

This is not an okay solution. :(

I think I may just see if one of my Twitter buddies can do me a favor.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Anyone know of balance boards are region locked?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

You're going to be stepping all over it, who cares what color it is

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

noirstronaut posted:

This is not an issue you should be making sad faces over. How anal are you that a black silicon pad that both protects your board and turns it black not an OK solution?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Did they ever make it so you can use the wii fit board on carpet + use it as a huge fat? I've always wanted to try it but when it came out I quickly learned it would flat out not work for me.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Smudgie Buggler posted:

This is not an issue you should be making sad faces over. How anal are you that a black silicon pad that both protects your board and turns it black not an OK solution?

Very anal. I wouldn't buy something one color when I want it in another. I didn't buy a white phone to cover it in a black case and call it a day etc. I want my accessories to be black, so I'll get them in black.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Did they ever make it so you can use the wii fit board on carpet + use it as a huge fat? I've always wanted to try it but when it came out I quickly learned it would flat out not work for me.
http://youtu.be/U-j8tYpZxvY

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kaleidoscope posted:

Anyone know of balance boards are region locked?

They aren't. They are huge, though, so not something you can really have shipped from one country to another.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Saoshyant posted:

They aren't. They are huge, though, so not something you can really have shipped from one country to another.

Yeah I'd hoped so, my Wii U is a different region than the place I'm living.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

homeless snail posted:

Kind of. Those games, especially on harder difficulties, are really about time management. Missions pretty often ask you to do two different things on opposite sides of the map and you need to prioritize what actually needs your attention at any given time. Like basic enemies and outposts are almost in the game just to waste your time and distract you from things that actually matter, but sometimes if you skip capturing a base or let one of yours fall then that gives the enemy enough of a foothold to put pressure on your HQ and if you lose that its game over. Its like a really basic strategy layer on top of a really basic action game.

Cool, thanks for the info. I buckled and bought it last night. :D

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I Saw that the original Golden sun was on the WiiU VC. Is that available on the 3DS? Also, it says some features are missing, what is missing from it?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

I Saw that the original Golden sun was on the WiiU VC. Is that available on the 3DS?

There are no GBA games on the 3DS. (Aside from the ambassador games)

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

There are no GBA games on the 3DS. (Aside from the ambassador games)

I seriously hope the New 3DS will get GBA and SNES VC titles. That alone would justify its existence.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

BigRed0427 posted:

I Saw that the original Golden sun was on the WiiU VC. Is that available on the 3DS? Also, it says some features are missing, what is missing from it?

I'm assuming it's referring to Link Cable stuff the original games did.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

FPzero posted:

I'm assuming it's referring to Link Cable stuff the original games did.

Yep. I sure hope you like taking that 16(?) page password and inputting it one symbol at a time into The Lost Age!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Question!
Is there a way to use the gamepad as a PDF reader? I... don't have a tablet, for some reason, and would love reading in bed.

I tried uploading the pdf in question to google drive then opening it with the browser, but it's no good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I bought Aria of Sorrow about an hour ago to get my last little bit needed for a $5 DDP code. Just for the record the DS Castlevania series is probably my favorite game series of all time and I've never played the 3 similar ones prior to those. This game is really good. It looks completely modern and flawlessly fluid on my plasma and it's just different enough from the DS games to feel very fresh. I can't believe it took me this long to play it.

e: like okay this game REALLY looks unbelievably good on my tv. It's blowing my mind. I know plasmas are perfect for 60fps and older resolutions but god drat. Looks like I need to dive balls deep into the GBA games considering I never owned the console!

Wii U kicks butts

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 29, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

beat the first boss in wind waker and got the swift sail. this is quickly turning into one of my favorite zeldas. i love that there's a whole big ocean to explore and the swift sail seems to move fast enough that it won't get too annoying.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Awesome! posted:

beat the first boss in wind waker and got the swift sail. this is quickly turning into one of my favorite zeldas. i love that there's a whole big ocean to explore and the swift sail seems to move fast enough that it won't get too annoying.

You get a teleport (I think) very shortly after that as well. You can usually teleport within two or three grid spaces from wherever you need to go. Never really understood the complaints regarding travel time in Wind Waker.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I think most of the WW travel complaints came from people who only did the storyline until they had to go around getting all the triforce pieces. I mean, I feel like somebody who could sail for four minutes and NOT go check out the mysteries on the nearby islands has no soul, but I can understand being turned off of boats if you did basically all the game's required sailing at the end. I really enjoyed it, though; theres was always little places to go along the way to your destination, and little minigames to keep you interested if you didn't want to do that, and there were the aforementioned teleports. The only part I found even a little bit tedious was, after a while, thinking "Man, this ten or fifteen seconds to play the song of wind, then watch Link look over in that direction," but thankfully the Swift Sail fixes even that.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Sade posted:

You get a teleport (I think) very shortly after that as well. You can usually teleport within two or three grid spaces from wherever you need to go. Never really understood the complaints regarding travel time in Wind Waker.

You can get the teleport as soon as you have the bow.

I am convinced (after knowing one person back in college when the game came out who did this) that some people never got the teleport in the original release. I never really got the traveling complaints either.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Asnorban posted:

I am convinced (after knowing one person back in college when the game came out who did this) that some people never got the teleport in the original release. I never really got the traveling complaints either.

Isn't the teleport mandatory? Or was it made mandatory in the HD collection?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

You need the teleport to get to the Fairy Queen pond inside Mother & Child Isles to get the fire/ice arrows

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Isn't the teleport mandatory? Or was it made mandatory in the HD collection?

It is mandatory. You need it to get the Fire and Ice arrows which allow you to get the items needed to enter the Earth and Wind temples. The island you get them on has no access from the sea.

e: Guess I'll put that stuff in spoilers?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Got it. I never played the original but the sailing hasn't bothered me in the HD version. Swift sail is obviously a nice upgrade, though. I'm more annoyed by the explosion slowdown like what the hell is up with that?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Flagrama posted:

It is mandatory.

It's possible that, as the solution to a puzzle, people thought the teleport would only work once and didn't try it afterwards.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is there a way to buy dlc on the eshop website, or do you have to do it through your console?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

For what I remember, Wind Waker annoyed me for spending far more time faffing about in the overworld than the dungeons. For me, dungeons are the heart and soul of a zelda game, and the overworld is just the thinly designed thing that keeps the game coherent.

Wind Waker's dungeons bored the poo poo out of me, and no amount of interesting things in the overworld can salvage that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wind Waker's only flaw is that it didnt have more dungeons. Otherwise, perfect game.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Asnorban posted:

And you don't get the bow until the 3rd dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Vintersorg posted:

Wind Waker's only flaw is that it didnt have more dungeons. Otherwise, perfect game.

Also you're basically invincible, enemies do not hit for enough. Hero mode in WWHD is a great addition, all Zelda games should have it from now on.

• Locked thread