Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Masonity posted:

That's sad. I'll be your son Sepp.

Note that Sepp's son, like his father, won't be allowed to post in this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dravs posted:

Is it his nephew or his "nephew"?

I will not stand for those blatant libelous statements about the pillar of morals and ethics, Sepp Blatter

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I really want to someone to remake the music video of Shaggy's classic jam, "It Wasn't Me," but about Sepp Blatter and FIFA.

Instead of bootylicious models draped all over him in a mansion, it would be dead Nepalese serfs, Jack Warner gyrating in the background as Beckenbauer flashes his Rolexes, in an air-conditioned stadium in the desert.

fake edit: pre-emptive "wrong thread," definitely should be in the Weekend Web

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
That sounds like it would be really funny, you should do it

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Dravs posted:

Is it his nephew or his "nephew"?

Is his name Octavian?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Fifa vice president Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan will stand for election in a bid to oust Sepp Blatter as leader of football’s scandal-hit world governing body.

The 39-year-old Prince Ali declared his intention on Tuesday to stand as a candidate in the Fifa presidential election on May 29 in Zurich, where Blatter has pledged to seek a fifth mandate at age 79.

“This was not an easy decision,” the prince said in a single-page statement in which he pledged to run a positive campaign and did not specifically mention Blatter. “It came after careful consideration and many discussions with respected Fifa colleagues over the last few months.”

“The message I heard, over and over, was that it is time for a change,” said Prince Ali, who has been encouraged to run by Uefa and its president Michel Platini.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/jordan-prince-ali-fifa-presidency

Blatter's going up against royalty this time and this guy's (visible) reputation seems impeccable. I'm fascinated by what kind of skeletons Sepp is going to dig up for this guy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dudes so rich he should be basically unbribeable.

Although that doesnt mean he wont be though.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Was this guy 24 when he became president of the Jordanian FA? The BBC says he took that job in 1999

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Was this guy 24 when he became president of the Jordanian FA? The BBC says he took that job in 1999

Apparently its a royal office in Jordan, the current King was the FA president before until his ascension in 1999.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

oldman posted:

Apparently its a royal office in Jordan, the current King was the FA president before until his ascension in 1999.

Isn't everything? Jordan is hardly a shining beacon of human rights and democracy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lovely Queen though

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

Isn't everything? Jordan is hardly a shining beacon of human rights and democracy.

Compared to fifa though?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

mackintosh posted:

He refused to go to North Korea so they sent Rodman.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

ephex posted:

He refused to go to North Korea so they sent Rodman.

lmao

Also I might bring an on the ground TRP update from Qatar later this year :holy:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Oh good more middle eastern influence

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
By Mid East standards anyway Jordan is actually a bit of a shining beacon. They are relatively responsive to trends and changed around its citizens' rights at the beginning of the Arab Spring before there were mass uprisings you saw in other countries. It also has very little ISIS presence, they've done better than Turkey with the Syria situation.

I mean it's all relative but I'd much rather have Jordan in charge than loving Qatar.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pook Good Mook posted:

By Mid East standards

Yeah, alright mate.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Sepp Blatter has won an injunction in Switzerland, his native country, in order to prevent the publication of a book of amusing satirical cartoons.

The book, by Danish cartoonist (and former footballer) Olé Andersen, features a Blatter lookalike. According to his lawyers, Blatter "has a good reputation and if the cartoons were published he would never be able to repair the damage."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2013/dec/16/sepp-blatter-censorship

:pram:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

#jesuissepp

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

ephex posted:

The book, by Danish cartoonist (and former footballer) Olé Andersen, features a Blatter lookalike.

The World Cup in Qatar suddenly makes sense.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ephex posted:

Sepp Blatter has won an injunction in Switzerland, his native country, in order to prevent the publication of a book of amusing satirical cartoons.

The book, by Danish cartoonist (and former footballer) Olé Andersen, features a Blatter lookalike. According to his lawyers, Blatter "has a good reputation and if the cartoons were published he would never be able to repair the damage."

you have got to be loving kidding me

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Je suis sepp

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sepp has dirt on all the Swiss judges. He's a genius. Sepp for UN president imo

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
He's unironically the best politician alive

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sepp can solve the Middle East crisis by just declaring himself president of both Israel and Palestine and uniting everyone in hatred of him

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Reminds me of that photo of all those world leaders in France joining arms and "standing with the cartoonists" despite half of them being involved in suppression of free press in their own countries

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
How can you even write satire anymore? The world seems to just create it spontaneously anymore. :psyduck:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Reset Smith posted:

How can you even write satire anymore? The world seems to just create it spontaneously anymore. :psyduck:

Reminds me of the reason for quitting making music Tom Lehrer gave: "Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize."

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
David Ginola to announce intention to run for Fifa presidency :psyduck:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

excuse me lady posted:

:stare: something somethings because he's worth it

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The word in the press was that Blatter was looking to make this election as low key as possible, to try and avoid any media coverage in order to try and not draw attention to him standing again. His people think he's already got the votes tied up (even in UEFA they only think there's ten votes against him) and as far as they were concerned the less media scrutiny Blatter received the better.

Ginola standing is going to make him sweat even less as it's just going to split the anti Blatter vote further. The only annoyance his people seem to be expressing is that now the media might actually pay some attention to this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Paddy Power are behind it

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

excuse me lady posted:

David Ginola is an anagram of Vagina Dildo

:themoreyouknow:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
lmao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Alex_R posted:

David Ginola is an anagram of Vagina Dildo

:themoreyouknow:

lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMbCxl4hnzA

N'oubliez jamais.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

I love this whole thing.

This also belongs in "Goals I Like" and PYF "Post the most 90s thing you can find"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
FIFA generated more than $4 billion in sales from the 2014 World Cup and is giving Brazil $100 million after the country spent $15 billion on the World Cup

http://uk.businessinsider.com/fifa-is-giving-100-million-to-brazil-after-the-country-spent-15-billion-on-the-world-cup-2015-1?r=US

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

ephex posted:

FIFA generated more than $4 billion in sales from the 2014 World Cup and is giving Brazil $100 million after the country spent $15 billion on the World Cup

http://uk.businessinsider.com/fifa-is-giving-100-million-to-brazil-after-the-country-spent-15-billion-on-the-world-cup-2015-1?r=US

no worries they can just raise public transport prices until the gap is filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

What about all that money from beer sales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1pPGdgbrs0&t=21s