Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
I thought TNNS was pretty fun in local 2-player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Smash Hit is a real loving good game and it's free as heck: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smash-hit/id603527166?mt=8

Recommended if you like breaking things.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

It's interesting to see a game like this that's artsy as hell while also being chock full of freemium model nonsense.

Clearly you haven't played Two Dots or Folt. Artsy exterior hiding iap hell is a thing now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Endless Road was also a really artsy, pretty, iap heavy game.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lionlegs posted:

Does anyone have some recommendations for local 2-player iPad games? I've got a couple of the old board games (Risk, Carcassonne), but anything else?
My girlfriend and I have got lots of mileage out of both OLO Game and Entanglement.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

The Devil Tesla posted:

Clearly you haven't played Two Dots or Folt. Artsy exterior hiding iap hell is a thing now.

It isn't anime titties, I count this as a huge win.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I wish Enemy Within didn't take up 12% of my 32 GB(28 real) Ipad's total space.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
On my computer's HD, it's 18 gb, so, you know. They probably did at least a bit of compression work. :v:

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Definitely puts it into perspective

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
holy poo poo they got it down to 3.2 gigs? drat.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are the map sizes smaller like in the first port?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bogart posted:

On my computer's HD, it's 18 gb, so, you know. They probably did at least a bit of compression work. :v:

I'm not really sure why it would take 18 gb anyway, unless they went the whole needlessly uncompressed audio route.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Are there any decent first person dungeon crawlers for ios? I've been playing Wizardry 8 at home and it's got me itching bad

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

gigawhite posted:

Are there any decent first person dungeon crawlers for ios? I've been playing Wizardry 8 at home and it's got me itching bad

Get 'The Quest'. It's a very good old school style dungeon crawler with a metric fuckton of content. There's even a demo version so you can check it out without risk.

E: it can be hard to find the versions. "the Quest lite" is the demo version. They also have "The Quest" and "the Quest Gold". Gold comes with all the expansions so if you like the lite version, I would just go Gold, personally. Also they are iPhone games but due to the nature of the graphics, look just fine scaled up on an iPad.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 30, 2014

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I don't know if anyone is a fan, but Wrestling Revolution 3D is now out for IOS. Unfortuately, I somehow can't open the game after playing on the career mode for a few hours.

Some selling points for the game includes death of the wrestler, and other random generated events.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Beta invites going out for a new word game we have in the works: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691215

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Are the map sizes smaller like in the first port?

I think some of the bigger UFO crash/landings got slightly reduced. There's a few map tweaks that make no sense. The meld tutorial mission you can't climb up to the roof but I imagine that being a dumb limitation on the tutorial aspect for iOS. The alien base attack map was unchanged and that one is pretty big. Haven't had my base attacked yet and the exalt missions appear unchanged.

No Slingshot or Progeny DLC missions, though. There's also some helmets missing I think which is bullshit imo.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Honestly, the biggest UFO crashes being smaller was awesome, because there is nothing worse than a Heavy Floater deciding to gently caress off across the map and hang out 4 turns from wherever you were after killed everything else in the mission. It was absolutely laborious to carefully moving over so you didn't get an injured or low-armor/hp dude one-shot because you walked past a tree trying to find the fucker.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Get 'The Quest'. It's a very good old school style dungeon crawler with a metric fuckton of content. There's even a demo version so you can check it out without risk.

E: it can be hard to find the versions. "the Quest lite" is the demo version. They also have "The Quest" and "the Quest Gold". Gold comes with all the expansions so if you like the lite version, I would just go Gold, personally. Also they are iPhone games but due to the nature of the graphics, look just fine scaled up on an iPad.

Just grabbed this and I'm already hooked walking around and hitting people. Thanks

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
In Canada, tried downloading Wizard RPG Golf (softlaunched here and NZ). Looks neat so far!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=251831

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

gigawhite posted:

Silversword is a Bard's Tale 3 clone with some QoL improvements.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There's a game coming out for Xbox One called Kalimba (here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLSqZlMao-0) and it looks pretty sweet. Obviously there's no iOS port since it's an Xbox One game, but are there any similar games that are like puzzle platformers?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
also I'm sure this has been posted before but you guys should check out Best Fiends, it's like Candy Crush but you like fight with it, it's entertaining.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Does anyone know of any good Dungeon Village/My Life as King type games out there? I just tried Adventure Town, it's sorta the right thing but burdened by a bog-standard IAP scheme.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Rivensteel posted:

Does anyone know of any good Dungeon Village/My Life as King type games out there? I just tried Adventure Town, it's sorta the right thing but burdened by a bog-standard IAP scheme.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you're looking for that sort of game you shouldn't be looking towards iOS; That's just the way iOS games are made.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bummey posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you're looking for that sort of game you shouldn't be looking towards iOS; That's just the way iOS games are made.

Same with harvest moon and sim cities games :smith:

CrunkDog420
Nov 8, 2003

BLACK GOLD!

Thumbtacks posted:

also I'm sure this has been posted before but you guys should check out Best Fiends, it's like Candy Crush but you like fight with it, it's entertaining.

I've not played candy crush but best fiends ramps up to where it's almost impossible to beat levels without luck or paying real money. Too bad because I really liked the game.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Doctor Zero posted:

Do you have a link. Searching the appstore for "The Quest" or "The Quest lite" is giving me a poo poo ton of crap, with some family guy game as the first result. Is there a way to force a literal search?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

CrunkDog420 posted:

I've not played candy crush but best fiends ramps up to where it's almost impossible to beat levels without luck or paying real money. Too bad because I really liked the game.

Oh, drat. Really? That sucks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rivensteel posted:

If you're not burned out on Kairosoft games yet, Epic Astro City, Beastie Bay and Ninja Village are sort of in those ballparks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

porktree posted:

Do you have a link. Searching the appstore for "The Quest" or "The Quest lite" is giving me a poo poo ton of crap, with some family guy game as the first result. Is there a way to force a literal search?

http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest-lite
http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest

The Buy Now button will take you to iTunes.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

porktree posted:

http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest
http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest-lite
http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest-gold

Scroll down to Other Apps By This Developer and you'll find all The Quest titles. Gold contains the base game, Island of Ice and Fire, Hero of Lukomorye I, and Hero of Lukomorye II.

The Quest is neat because you can download the expansions, tap a button the main menu (enable in The Quest), and it will... enable that expansion in the main app. That way you can keep your main character, use it in the expansion content, and not clutter up your phone with a dozen different expansion apps.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm so disappointed in myself for liking those games that are basically just tapping, like Tap Titan or Click Hero or whatever. And yet I can't stop. help

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm so disappointed in myself for liking those games that are basically just tapping, like Tap Titan or Click Hero or whatever. And yet I can't stop. help

Buy Ghost Trick on iOS instead and break your addiction friend.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like games like peggle where there isn't much skill involved and it just makes fun noises and is generally happy. Any other games like that since the new peggle is just a freemium shitfest? (Yes I have the original peggle and peggle nights add on)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Lumo Industries scratches my pretty colours and presentation itch well, and it's free, so maybe that? Puzzle Bandits I recall being pretty good.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Buy Ghost Trick on iOS instead and break your addiction friend.

Probably do not this. There's been no recent updates and I think that it's been broken since iOS 7, let alone 8.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!

Ursine Asylum posted:

Probably do not this. There's been no recent updates and I think that it's been broken since iOS 7, let alone 8.

Got it last nite and it crashes everytime at the very first swipe part.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Ursine Asylum posted:

I think it's just hosed on 8. I hope it isn't screwed on 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Any good new years sales? If not, I'm gonna blow my :10bux: gift card on DLC for Carcassonne and Ascension.