Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ahmeni posted:

this is probably my best work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

I had a good burger at vortex in atlanta

confirmed that place owns

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

commander's palace or gautreau's

cure or tonique

if you're in the marigny then dat dog should be a part of your frenchman st walkaround

if you find yourself in the bywater then booty's and maurepas are both excellent and occasionally have celebrities in them from doin local shoots

if you are getting wasted in the quarter then you won't listen to my advice anyway but the piano bar at pat o's is fun b/c they do requests and angeli has almost 24 hours

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
much like phoenix, the best place to go in new orleans is a plane out

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

much like phoenix, the best place to go in new orleans is a plane out

phoenix I can understand but lol at this literal childes opinion

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ahmeni posted:

phoenix I can understand but lol at this literal childes opinion

it's also the best place in pittsburgh

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

yeah but for most people facebook is an easy way to live out fairy tale lives devoid of problems. Facebook is just catering to their main user base. people who want to smile like it's all good. it is p sad that guy had to see something like that but what the hell else should they have done lol.

I would have probably coded in something that checks the names/users and posts associated with them for keywords like "cancer" or "death" or "hosed my best friend" and then have it leave that person out of the video

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yes this world-famous tourist destination is in fact crap

plz don't visit if you're just gonna get way too drunk in public and vomit in the street that's what vegas is for

eat some nice food and have a cocktail and watch some jazz - heritage hall is a good choice

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

plz don't visit if you're just gonna get way too drunk in public and vomit in the street that's what vegas is for

yes this was the joke

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
new orleans owns, actually

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i like nola, good memories there.

i only saw one totally wasted person in vegas, a 300 lb older woman (50s) who was too drunk to stand up from her penny slots machine and was very distressed about it and her tiny 120 lb husband was not capable of helping her

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Phoenix is great stay in the cramped ne and convince the shithead snowbirds to stay away

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

burgatory is in pittsburgh.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

as long as we're discussing french fries, can i take a moment to question what the gently caress is wrong with in-n-out's product

great burgers, good shakes, literally the worst fast food fries you can purchase

my theory is that there's some ancient bluehair original family member on their board who's like "no, i like them bland, limp and mealy!" and has been vetoing any changes to the recipe for the last fifty years

there's no body to the fries. no body at all. it's like there's a standing challenge "how close to noodles can we get these potatos". gently caress that, give me big slabs of starch, please.

qirex posted:

I just get a double double and don't bother with fries there

yeah my second time at an in-n-out i just skipped the fries altogether.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

it's also the best place in pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is actually really good.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is actually really good.

well the airport at least

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i only saw one totally wasted person in vegas, a 300 lb older woman (50s) who was too drunk to stand up from her penny slots machine and was very distressed about it and her tiny 120 lb husband was not capable of helping her

interesting how a fat man and thin woman is a wealthy couple, but a fat woman and thin man are poor, with very few exception

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i too make sure to interject everybody's weight involved into all my stories as a class dogwhistle

sounds like she's gettin hers, good job lady

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i was next to her at the penny slots, so uhhh take from that what you will.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

facebook's year in review for me is a picture of a piss stained mattress from a hotel I stayed at

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Luigi Thirty posted:

facebook's year in review for me is a picture of a piss stained mattress from a hotel I stayed at

sounds about right

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

there is a burger place near my house that has both an inside line at the counter and an outside line where you wait for the chance to wait in the inside line to pay $10 for a burger.

and just down the street is a goddamn amazing burger joint that cooks a classic fast food burger over charcoal and maybe has a three person deep line at lunch rush.

no burg is worth two lines.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol you can just imagine what the only "year in review" facebook employees thought would be

*picture in car with girlfriend
*picture in club with girlfriend
*picture on beach with girlfriend
*picture of yours and girlfriend's shoes
*YOUR MOST LIKED STATUS: Our Trip To Europe (photo album)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

born on a buy you posted:

the post is dumb. "thanks Facebook for reminding me of this thing I definitely did not forget. why are you so mean"

seriously. does he get pissed at his computer when he turns on an automatic slideshow w/ music and it shows his deceased grandpa?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

bassguitarhero posted:

I would have probably coded in something that checks the names/users and posts associated with them for keywords like "cancer" or "death" or "hosed my best friend" and then have it leave that person out of the video

lmao no you wouldn't have

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bassguitarhero posted:

what if their year consisted of celebrating the fact that death almost hosed their best friend, but they successfully beat the cancer

see you'd have to manually screen it and fb doesnt want to invest that

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

successfully beat the cancer

this terminology implies that those who die of cancer were weak and deserved it

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

what if their year consisted of celebrating the fact that death almost hosed their best friend, but they successfully beat the cancer

see you'd have to manually screen it and fb doesnt want to invest that

it's a lot harder to get mad about the good things that weren't included in your free video than the bad things that were

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah there's actually a big backlash against this and my moms in law is very careful to not put on that weird remission Survivor armor

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

please explain the recurring ninja booms

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

thanks for making this point so i don't have to, it drives me bananas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah there's actually a big backlash against this and my moms in law is very careful to not put on that weird remission Survivor armor

what's really weird is how so many people default to "omg if there's anything i can do let me know" when presented with bad news like a cancer diagnosis or somethin

it's basically the new "y'all will be in my prayers" level of non-effort

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

what else can you say?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

the robot looks a lot cooler than a stupid penquin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster posted:

what else can you say?

beep boop i'm kondolences

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

what else can you say?

"i'm sorry", except in at least half the population that triggers a "it's not your fault" response and it's like yeaaaaaah of course it's not my fault, that phrase is frequently used to convey sympathy, not just guilt, learn to fuckin english

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i'm the totally nude elephant ninja

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

"i'm sorry", except in at least half the population that triggers a "it's not your fault" response and it's like yeaaaaaah of course it's not my fault, that phrase is frequently used to convey sympathy, not just guilt, learn to fuckin english

too bad the internet gave everyone autism and now you're a weirdo if you offer to talk with them about it "anytime"

if you're a dude it's at least socially acceptable to offer to buy them a beer at a quiet bar as a pretense for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm the totally nude elephant ninja

well duh, it's tbc

• Locked thread