Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Did you even read that? They say it's dangerous.

Water is dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Everything is dangerous, at sufficient quantity. Did you know that you can die from over-consumption of water? You shouldn't drink because you might drown!!!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
It's a bit like trying to teach a blind person how to see.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Disinterested posted:

It's a bit like trying to teach a blind person how to see.

Speaking of which, AddMe, do you have any formal training on research methodology?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AddMEonFacebook posted:

In amounts higher than are issued in water supplies, yes. That's why in many place the fluoridation program actually consists of removing excess naturally occuring fluoride, friend.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

My Imaginary GF posted:

Speaking of which, AddMe, do you have any formal training on research methodology?

Two years jazz tap, eight years ballroom.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

In amounts higher than are issued in water supplies, yes. That's why in many place the fluoridation program actually consists of removing excess naturally occuring fluoride, friend.

Possibly shown by this other finding in the same EPA report:

quote:

Crippling skeletal fluorosis is not a public health problem in the United States, as evidenced by the reports of only five cases in 30 years.

Crippling skeletal fluorosis, a chronic bone and joint disease associated with extended exposure to high levels of fluoride, has been more prevalent in some regions outside the United States.

Possibly explained by the fact that all of those places aren't advanced western industrial economies, rather than conspiracy voodoo.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nintendo Kid posted:

I hope so.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Two years jazz tap, eight years ballroom.

Really? If so, that's pretty insightful into your childhood SES.

You know what I genuinely hope? That you go back on your prescribed medication.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

My Imaginary GF posted:

Really? If so, that's pretty insightful into your childhood SES.

No, not really.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Also that you start drinking tap water again - you don't want cavities.

Incidentally, how the gently caress do you dodge fluoride in your diet?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

No, not really.

So you have no training, yet presume yourself able to read the lit and comprehend the implications better than the national academy of sciences?

Friend, what are you so afraid of? It seems like you need to ascribe explanation to occurances of chance and science, where you're unable to accept your own ignorance on the subject matters.

Disinterested posted:

Also that you start drinking tap water again - you don't want cavities.

Rainwater.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Disinterested posted:

He almost certainly doesn't. Unless you're impoverished or a neckbeard who eats nothing but Cheetos you get plenty of fluoride from natural sources.

So basically anti-fluoride loonies are only punishing the poor when they remove fluoride from municipal water. They'll continue to get plenty from hip sushi bars and artisanal oolong tea blends.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I would be interested in seeing anything that proves fluoride in water improves dental health. What is added to our water isn't dental grade anything. It's toxic waste that comes off of fertilizer plant scrubbers, and these scrubbers are installed exactly for the purpose of keeping the toxic fluoride from escaping into the environment and poisoning it. The industrial plants, instead of losing money disposing of this toxic waste, actually make money by selling it to municipalities.

Why bother with the scrubbers in the first place then?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Badger of Basra posted:

Why bother with the scrubbers in the first place then?

Because it was so obvious that poo poo was dying near these plants.

As for the national academy of sciences article, although they do conclude that water should be fluoridated and "optimal levels" can promote good bone health, they don't address neurological issues at all. Also add that to the fact that fluoridating the water supply doesn't ensure optimal levels, it actually ensures practically random levels are being consumed. Different cities set different levels and people consume various levels of tap water, and fluoride is also absorbed through the skin, further confusing the intake level.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 30, 2014

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

AddMEonFacebook posted:

As for the national academy of sciences article, although they do conclude that water should be fluoridated and "optimal levels" can promote good bone health, they don't address neurological issues at all. Also add that to the fact that fluoridating the water supply doesn't ensure optimal levels, it actually ensures practically random levels are being consumed.

Do you think the people setting up fluoridation don't know how to measure dosages?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Which plants? Where? Who owned them?

You're aware fluoridation became a thing in the 30's and 40's right? When the height of responsible waste disposal was dumping tons of elemental sodium into a lake and watching it explode. Nobody had to come up with sneaky ways to get rid of toxic chemicals. It was 100% legal to just dump it in the field out back.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Which plants? Where? Who owned them?

The fertilizer industry. Jesus.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Badger of Basra posted:

Do you think the people setting up fluoridation don't know how to measure dosages?

I don't think they do. How could they possibly know how much water a person will consume that day and how much water they will use in the shower and bath, for hand washing etc. These things vary day by day and person to person. Some people just take hour long showers.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 30, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

karthun posted:

Water is dangerous.

Mael, Elder God of the Seas, is a ruthless god in the main though a reasonable tailor

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Here's the Harvard study. They also mention that, with regard to cognition:

quote:

Virtually no human studies in this field have been conducted in the U.S., said lead author Anna Choi, research scientist in the Department of Environmental Health at HSPH.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036214001809

The national academy of sciences concludes that water fluoridation should continue without ever doing a study on it's cognitive effects. They only proved that it didn't cause three rare bone diseases. I bet I could prove depleted uranium doesn't cause the flu.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I bet I could prove depleted uranium doesn't cause the flu.

You? I don't think so. So, DU causes influenza infections, huh? That's a complete new one.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

My Imaginary GF posted:

You? I don't think so. So, DU causes influenza infections, huh? That's a complete new one.

lol get bent loser.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

The fertilizer industry. Jesus.
Oh yes, The Fertilizer Industry Inc., of Fertilizer Industry, Texas.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Oh yes, The Fertilizer Industry Inc., of Fertilizer Industry, Texas.

It's a pretty huge industry.

http://www.manta.com/mb_35_E83697SK_000/fertilizers_manufacturers

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Why did noone die in building 7? It seems like they knew something was going to happen to that building.

Because it had been evacuated. It didn't collapse for nearly seven hours after the towers went down. They could have given loving tours of the joint with time to spare.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

The only premise you have to accept to question the story is that there was probably a bomb that destroyed building 7.

There's no evidence for that.

quote:

Just that one premise vs. the half dozen premises that lead to the conclusion that it was terrorists and the government wasn't involved. What is the evidence that building 7 was destroyed by terrorists? It didn't even get hit by a plane. That's undeniable.

No, it got hit by a bazillion tons of concrete and steel, taking a Godzilla-style gouge out of the building and lighting fires that couldn't be fought.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's a pretty huge industry.
It is. So which companies specifically do you claim are involved in your fertilizer-fluoride scheme?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Now MIGF, you know that the system would prescribe "medication" to some of us if it could read our posts.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It is. So which companies specifically do you claim are involved in your fertilizer-fluoride scheme?

All of them? It's not even in question that they are selling their fluoride for it to be added to municipal water supplies. There is a debate over whether it is safe for human consumption and exposure and whether or not the government knows best about how much of it to add to the water.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

All of them? It's not even in question that they are selling their fluoride for it to be added to municipal water supplies.
Okay, so there's no question. Should be easy for you to cite a source.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Okay, so there's no question. Should be easy for you to cite a source.

I just did post a list of 187 of them with addresses and phone numbers.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I just did post a list of 187 of them with addresses and phone numbers.
Yes you did. You posted a list of companies. Do you understand why that isn't support for your argument?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

No, it got hit by a bazillion tons of concrete and steel, taking a Godzilla-style gouge out of the building and lighting fires that couldn't be fought.

And all because of terrorists, right?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
AMOFB - see a counselor and maybe try an SSRI - you'll feel better.

A single individual can't grasp all of reality. Stop trying.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Yes you did. You posted a list of companies. Do you understand why that isn't support for your argument?

It's not an argument. Call them. Call your city. They won't deny they sell the fluoride. I don't get you.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

AddMEonFacebook posted:

There is a debate over whether it is safe for human consumption and exposure

No, there really isn't much, if any, debate.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

And all because of terrorists, right?

According to a mountain of credible evidence, yes.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's not an argument. Call them. Call your city. They won't deny they sell the fluoride. I don't get you.

I called them, they said you had a big butt. All 150 of them that answered. How do you answer these allegations?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

McDowell posted:

AMOFB - see a counselor and maybe try an SSRI - you'll feel better.

A single individual can't grasp all of reality. Stop trying.

I'm not? I'm just questioning suspicious things. I feel this is a pretty safe outlet for these ideas actually since noone has to take me seriously. It does kind of show you just how hostile the general population is toward people who question their version of reality.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

No, there really isn't much, if any, debate.

A lot of people end up on polar opposite sides, so yeah, there is one. Deny the existence of a debate, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I feel this is a pretty safe outlet for these ideas actually since noone has to take me seriously.

No one does.

Also, standing atop a milk crate in the park or a city sidewalk is a good outlet too.

• Locked thread