Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Konomex posted:

I wasn't born a woman, why should I have to have a simple one time low cost surgery to remove my chances of procreating? Let the womenfolk deal with the horrible hormone swings of semi-preventative contraception.

Good news then, in the next few years, men will be able to get an injection that is looking to be just as effective as the pill.

And yes, it will be given via needle to the dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Laserface posted:

I vote greens hth

Oh okay, so when everyone was talking about the sorts of swing voters that go from LNP -> Greens after the Vic elections they were actually talking about you

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Oh okay, so when everyone was talking about the sorts of swing voters that go from LNP -> Greens after the Vic elections they were actually talking about you

As long as they don't join the party and try to affect policy.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Never voted liberal in my life but Okay.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Zenithe posted:

Good news then, in the next few years, men will be able to get an injection that is looking to be just as effective as the pill.

And yes, it will be given via needle to the dick.

More effective by a factor of seven I believe, and it doesn't have any effect on hormones, and it lasts for ten years.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Laserface posted:

Never voted liberal in my life but Okay.
The implication is that you're a snivelling cryptomisogynist piece of poo poo who doesn't give a gently caress about women's rights to not have the state all up in their junk, hth.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Fruity Gordo posted:

More effective by a factor of seven I believe, and it doesn't have any effect on hormones, and it lasts for ten years.

Lasts until you get another injection into the dick. So yeah, probs ten years.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Milky Moor posted:

there is not a single person on this gay heteronormative earth who doesn't click on people's posts when they have them ignored

ignoring posters is some serious lmao stuff

I didn't click on yours when I was being s dickhead

(Love you milky)

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Did Mills actually say anything about forced contraception at all or did you guys just get carried away with your fan fiction again?

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 30, 2014

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Mills posted:

Without giving it much thought, I think it's fine as a standalone idea. Unwanted pregnancies probably harm society more than the cost of universally available contraception, although this is clearly a subjective calculation that I am making on a whim right now to humour you.

Rather than just humor me on it, why not give it some proper thought?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Amethyst posted:

Did Mills actually say anything about contraception at all or did you guys just get carried away with your fan fiction again?

It started with this, I guess.

Mills posted:

Well the idea isn't completely stupid but I don't see how it would practically work without having unwanted effects.

And my response to bowmore trying to help him understand why people were posting what they were posting on Facebook, since understanding typically dims irrational anger even if you disagree with the opposing viewpoint.

Mills posted:

A lot of people only see black or white rather than shades of grey. There are many people who should be on welfare because of [situations] but there are also those that add nothing to society, cop the dole every week, and then poo poo out a host of babies they can't afford. I don't think it's my job to pay for someone's child when it was every bit conceivable that the child wasn't affordable in the first place. People on your Facebook may be focussing on the latter if that helps you.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Oh nm I missed laserface's stupid reproduction licence post sorry

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Amethyst posted:

Did Mills actually say anything about forced contraception at all or did you guys just get carried away with your fan fiction again?

Why are you defending Mills? Why can't you be bothered to read the progression of posts you're trying to pass judgement on?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Why are you defending Mills? Why can't you be bothered to read the progression of posts you're trying to pass judgement on?

I'm trying to understand why you are attacking him so vehemently. I don't agree with withdrawing welfare from children obviously but I don't think it's worthwhile to vitriolically demonize people with bad opinions either. Save that for the people who implement horrible poo poo.

Also because it's clear you guys have been going at him for something he never advocated in the first place

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Amethyst posted:

I'm trying to understand why you are attacking him so vehemently. I don't agree with withdrawing welfare from children obviously but I don't think it's worthwhile to vitriolically demonize people with bad opinions either. Save that for the people who implement horrible poo poo.
You think wrong.

Amethyst posted:

Also because it's clear you guys have been going at him for something he never advocated in the first place
You are wrong. I have been going at him for exactly what he advocated.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Na, Jonah is wrong. Also I don't think he actually said anything in response though. All I can remember is some base level swearing.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Mills posted:

There's so many responses that I can't respond to them all at once. Don't misrepresent my responses.
If you couldn't afford to answer all the responses, well then you shouldn't have asked the question in the first place. :shrug:

By the way, as mentioned above no birth control is perfect so I don't know why we're arguing this idea when there is no thought about 'Plan B' (or whatever letter it technically would be).

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Nuclear Spy posted:

If you couldn't afford to answer all the responses, well then you shouldn't have asked the question in the first place. :shrug:

Nice victim blaming.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

The implication is that you're a snivelling cryptomisogynist piece of poo poo who doesn't give a gently caress about women's rights to not have the state all up in their junk, hth.

I give plenty of shits about womens rights and never one singled out women.

its usually men who are fuckwit retarded and knock up women having dumb bogan dole sex.

But keep trying to make my silly argument about yourself.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Nuclear Spy posted:

By the way, as mentioned above no birth control is perfect so I don't know why we're arguing this idea when there is no thought about 'Plan B' (or whatever letter it technically would be).

There's so many responses that I can't respond to them all at once. Don't misrepresent my responses.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Hey QM if there is a single mother with six children and she has been unemployed for the past decade do you think that:

a) she should have another child
b) she should be able to have another child if she wants to
b) she should be able to get welfare for the additional child?

Addendum:
d) do you think that paying a lifetime's welafre for that child is a sound use of taxpayers money?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Stop the Scrotes posted:

Hey QM if there is a single mother with six children and she has been unemployed for the past decade do you think that:

Addendum:
d) do you think that paying a lifetime's welafre for that child is a sound use of taxpayers money?

Solid points IMO

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Bear in mind that educational attainment and lifetime income are strongly correlated with that of one's parents

As is propensity for substance abuse and smoking

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Cos it's a basic loving human right she should be allowed to have another six if she wants, gently caress you

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

How dare you bring up eugenics soag you are hitler

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Mills posted:

Cos it's a basic loving human right she should be allowed to have another six if she wants, gently caress you

ahhahahah mills says a correct thing while trying to be facetious

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Who actually says Trigger warning without a hint of sarcasm anyway?

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Mills posted:

I'll repost my question, then; I'm really curious about your response. Earlier you posted that " There are many people who should be on welfare because of [situations] but there are also those that add nothing to society". I asked what criteria you use to divide people into the former or latter group. I'm not asking how that would translate into policy or how that would be enforced; that isn't a fair question. I'm asking what criteria you use, personally, to arrive at the opinion that someone "should" be on welfare and someone else shouldn't be.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Stop the Scrotes posted:

Bear in mind that educational attainment and lifetime income are strongly correlated with that of one's parents

As is propensity for substance abuse and smoking

All of which is nothing to actually do with inheritance and everything to do with social stratification which is something a strong welfare and education system prevents.

EDIT: I also really like the unspoken assumption that the only contribution anyone can possibly make to a society is economic. Someone on the dole who does volunteer work is sure contributing a fuckload less than a stock trader who avoids heavy taxation by pumping all his income through their kid's trust funds.

hooman fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 30, 2014

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Laserface posted:

Who actually says Trigger warning without a hint of sarcasm anyway?

People who actually know someone who's had a legitimately traumatic experience.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Stop the Scrotes posted:

Addendum:

Why not?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Stop the Scrotes posted:

Addendum:

Yes. I'm not sure how you go about restricting the ability to have children without becoming Draconian.

Once that child exists, it would be a far better use of taxpayers money to ensure that child had every chance to make a better future for themselves as opposed to the cost both to taxpayers and society if they are left to fend for themselves doing whatever they have to.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

hooman posted:

All of which is nothing to actually do with inheritance and everything to do with social stratification which is something a strong welfare and education system prevents.

a) not true

b) we don't have a strong welfare and education system

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Turks posted:

People who actually know someone who's had a legitimately traumatic experience.

I dont know anyone like that. Then Again I dont post on tumblr about anything so theres that too.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

asio posted:

Why not?

why not what mate there are like four questions there

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Stop the Scrotes posted:

Addendum:

a) it's probably not a good idea for her personally, no
b) yes
c) yes
d) yes, especially compared to some of the things we piss taxpayer money away on.

Mills posted:

Yes, it is, well done.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
i dont understand how you reconcile a & d

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Stop the Scrotes posted:

i dont understand how you reconcile a & d

They have nothing to do with each other. Reproductive rights aren't something the government should interfere with.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

You'll end up paying for it somehow. Welfare is cheaper than prison.

With reasonable support there's a good chance they'll become productive members of society anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

quote:

Hey QM if there is a single mother with six iPads and she has been unemployed for the past decade do you think that:

a) she should buy another iPad
b) she should be able to buy another iPad if she wants to
b) she should be able to get welfare for the additional iPad?

Addendum:
d) do you think that paying a lifetime's welfare for that iPad is a sound use of taxpayers money?

• Locked thread