Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Do you think the next Zelda game will have selfies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

I bought Aria of Sorrow about an hour ago to get my last little bit needed for a $5 DDP code. Just for the record the DS Castlevania series is probably my favorite game series of all time and I've never played the 3 similar ones prior to those. This game is really good. It looks completely modern and flawlessly fluid on my plasma and it's just different enough from the DS games to feel very fresh. I can't believe it took me this long to play it.

e: like okay this game REALLY looks unbelievably good on my tv. It's blowing my mind. I know plasmas are perfect for 60fps and older resolutions but god drat. Looks like I need to dive balls deep into the GBA games considering I never owned the console!

Wii U kicks butts

Aria of Sorrow is probably my favourite game of all time. All-around fantastic.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

Do you think the next Zelda game will have selfies?

It suits young Link way better then it suits regular Link
So maybe in Majora's but not in SotC Zelda

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Isn't the teleport mandatory? Or was it made mandatory in the HD collection?

D'oh! Especially dumb of me to overlook since the last thing I did in HD was what requires it. I guess he had just forgotten he had it. Regardless, he spent the entire endgame sailing everywhere and not teleporting until I happened in to his dorm room and was blown away.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
What is Rosalina saying when she jumps in Mario 3D World? It seriously sounds like 'gently caress off!' but obviously not that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Also you're basically invincible, enemies do not hit for enough. Hero mode in WWHD is a great addition, all Zelda games should have it from now on.

It does? Awesome. I picked up WWHD but haven't played it yet. What else does it add?

That's my major complaint with WW. It's piss loving easy and I get it, it's Zelda, but I always thought they should have included some Challenge Difficulty for those that wanted it. Twilight Princess had a lot more problems but it was also basically like you were invincible.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Windwaker is the best 3D Zelda game on a home console. The best 3D Zelda game is Link Between Worlds.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Xaris posted:

It does? Awesome. I picked up WWHD but haven't played it yet. What else does it add?

Enemies hit twice as hard and there are no hearts in the world, you can only regain health with potions or fairies.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Hero mode sounds awesome. Reminds me of how in the original Legend of Zelda you could make stuff harder for yourself by not getting the rings or skipping the heart containers the boss drops. The most :black101: thing is you can actually get all the way up to Ganon without picking up any of the swords and then reset the game because you can't kill Ganon without one.

I'd kill for another Zelda game as sprawling as Wind Waker. Not necessarily one involving an ocean, just having that amount of game to traverse and find stuff in. It felt a lot like the original to me in that respect the way you can systematically check each "square" for whether there's a thing you can bomb, a thing you can burn down, etc. If I had to like rank them or something Wind Waker would be really high up there even if the worst Zelda games are still among the better action adventure games out there in general.

I'm glad someone else got Aria of Sorrow, it's such an awesome game. I love Circle of the Moon too. I dislike Harmony for a bunch of anal retentive reasons but it's not like the worst thing on earth either. But man I was thrilled to see Circle of the Moon and Aria on there.

I know looking down at the tablet every two seconds would suck, but it would be cool if the DS games could get ported also. It's a shame the DS games will probably not be portable to a console though because the action is on the bottom screen along with shoehorned touchscreen stuff that is extremely stupid. Dawn of Sorrow was a big deal on the DS because it was an early game and the first Castlevania on it after the highly acclaimed GBA titles but Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia went largely unnoticed when they came out, so it would be cool if more people could play them easily.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 29, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Neo Rasa posted:

I'd kill for another Zelda game as sprawling as Wind Waker. Not necessarily one involving an ocean, just having that amount of game to traverse and find stuff in.
the new one looks like it might offer this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The wording on the Nintendo site isn't very clear re: coin rewards but I take it once you buy something, they get used up, eh? I dont want to get something then see that next month there is more interesting stuff.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vintersorg posted:

The wording on the Nintendo site isn't very clear re: coin rewards but I take it once you buy something, they get used up, eh? I dont want to get something then see that next month there is more interesting stuff.

Correct, you'll still have platinum or whatever status though after you reach it.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Do you earn 10% back on digital purchases if you buy games using the balance you got from your previous purchases?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PRADA SLUT posted:

Do you earn 10% back on digital purchases if you buy games using the balance you got from your previous purchases?

Yeah, it's all digital purchases. Includes Club Nintendo and games you buy from dudes on eBay too.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Did anyone ever get ahold of the master quest in Ocarina of Time? I think it was on a gamecube promo disk and might be in the 3ds version too. Always curious to see how difficult it was - the jump between OOT and Majora's was a big one.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The 3DS version makes it harder by doing double damage and flipping the world horizontally, but Master Quest itself isn't really harder, just more obtuse. It throws bigger enemies at you earlier (I remember seeing Giant Deku Babas inside the Deku Tree), but for the most part Master Quest's idea of difficulty is to remove the switch you were supposed to hit and put a cow in the wall and you have to work out that you're supposed to hit the cow to open the door now.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Did anyone ever get ahold of the master quest in Ocarina of Time? I think it was on a gamecube promo disk and might be in the 3ds version too. Always curious to see how difficult it was - the jump between OOT and Majora's was a big one.

I did. The 3DS remake also has Master Quest if you've beaten the game, though. I don't know if it's an exact copy of the promo disc.

It's not really more difficult, the puzzles are just dumber and so they're a little bit harder to figure out. For instance, there's one part in the Spirit Temple where you need to play the Song of Time about ten times to build a literal staircase of blocks to a switch. Or in Jabu-Jabu belly, there's a bunch of cows in the wall you need to hit with a slingshot in order to active doors, like said above.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just wanna say with the Zelda talk, I can't WAIT for the MM remake. I think it's the most under rated Zelda game. No other Zelda game get's close to the dark and gloomy tone it sets. Twilight Princess might get close.

Edit: Honestly, I think i should give Twilight Princess another spin. From what I remember it's main problem is that there really isn't anything new in it. But again, Kind of under rated.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 30, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Master Quest 3D is the same as Master Quest GC, just mirrored with every enemy doing double damage.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

BigRed0427 posted:

Just wanna say with the Zelda talk, I can't WAIT for the MM remake. I think it's the most under rated Zelda game. No other Zelda game get's close to the dark and gloomy tone it sets. Twilight Princess might get close.

Edit: Honestly, I think i should give Twilight Princess another spin. From what I remember it's main problem is that there really isn't anything new in it. But again, Kind of under rated.

I'm curious to see if they'll add a Master Quest to the MM remake or some other sort of bonus content. I'm guessing there has to be something as a bonus, otherwise I would've imagined they would have brought out MM3D a lot sooner after OoT3D came out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FPzero posted:

I'm curious to see if they'll add a Master Quest to the MM remake or some other sort of bonus content. I'm guessing there has to be something as a bonus, otherwise I would've imagined they would have brought out MM3D a lot sooner after OoT3D came out.

They've suggested a bunch of updates and tweaks and they say they've been working on it since the moment OOT3D was done. We know they've added fishing, and it sounds like they're modifying the fish boss to let you fish him out of the water or something.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

I still have the promo disk! Can't play it though, I don't have a gamecube or wii in the house.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BigRed0427 posted:

Twilight Princess to me felt mostly like wasted potential. I still love the sword system with all the moves it has, but it never really challenges you.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

IronicDongz posted:

Twilight Princess to me felt mostly like wasted potential. I still love the sword system with all the moves it has, but it never really challenges you.

There's so many unique swings you can do in Twilight Princess, and not a single enemy requires any of them. Twilight Princess just didn't really do much with what it had. The newest thing it did was just introduce the "turning into a wolf" mechanic and even then, it didn't do a lot with it. It feels like they were trying to be as inoffensive as possible.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The Zelda games have always seemed to try to fix whatever the major prevailing complaint with the last entry was, which is disapointing IMO. I wish they'd just make games, what Nintendo has been doing for a really loving long time without trying to appease a fan base that will seemingly complain about everything.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If you ride up on a boo with your flashlight off in Cap Toad, do you actually do that mutual shiver thing? If so, I'd be upset to kill the buddies. Are boos already dead? drat, I hate this.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I don't know, I personally think trying to fix problems in games rather than keep them in is a pretty good idea

The "major prevailing complaint" kind of tends to be justified usually, with the exception of Twilight Princess's art style being the exact inverse of Wind Waker's and being kind of ugly for it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't know, I personally think trying to fix problems in games rather than keep them in is a pretty good idea

The "major prevailing complaint" kind of tends to be justified usually, with the exception of Twilight Princess's art style being the exact inverse of Wind Waker's and being kind of ugly for it.

It's just that they tend to go too far in the other direction. I think it leads to them making decisions that they wouldn't otherwise make.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm posting this everywhere because it could be something but Bayo 3 is a possibility now.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm posting this everywhere because it could be something but Bayo 3 is a possibility now.

That's nice, but honestly I'd rather see Wonderful 102 or Revengence 2 than another Bayonetta already.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Any special kind of Wii Remote Plus controller I should get, or just go with the regular Nintendo one?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BlindNinja posted:

Any special kind of Wii Remote Plus controller I should get, or just go with the regular Nintendo one?

Name brand controllers are generally always better, unless you mean like a wiimote vs a pro controller? Get Nintendo brand controllers though.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Stan Taylor posted:

Name brand controllers are generally always better, unless you mean like a wiimote vs a pro controller? Get Nintendo brand controllers though.

Oops, I think I meant Wii Motion Plus. I just want to play WiiSports Club.

But I'm guessing name brand is still the answer.

edit: and I guess I need a Wii Remote for that. Just got my Wii U two days ago so I'm a total noob when it comes to this. Or not, just the one? Can someone just tell me what to buy, please and thank you? I'm looking at this

BlindNinja fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 30, 2014

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

BlindNinja posted:

edit: and I guess I need a Wii Remote for that. Just got my Wii U two days ago so I'm a total noob when it comes to this. Or not, just the one? Can someone just tell me what to buy, please and thank you? I'm looking at this

Buy a Wiimote. They come with Wii Motion Plus now and are like $20 refurbished, I think.

$15 - https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat160004

$25 with the other shits - https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat160004

You will need a nunchuck.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Austrian mook posted:

That's nice, but honestly I'd rather see Wonderful 102 or Revengence 2 than another Bayonetta already.

Revengence 2 will happen for sure since its Metal Gear and sold way more then other Platinum games.

I doubt we'll ever see another Wonderful game though. :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Revengeance 2 is probably up next. If I recall, Kojima's been tweeting pics of him hanging out with the president of Platinum.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Theta Zero posted:

I did. The 3DS remake also has Master Quest if you've beaten the game, though. I don't know if it's an exact copy of the promo disc.

It's not really more difficult, the puzzles are just dumber and so they're a little bit harder to figure out. For instance, there's one part in the Spirit Temple where you need to play the Song of Time about ten times to build a literal staircase of blocks to a switch. Or in Jabu-Jabu belly, there's a bunch of cows in the wall you need to hit with a slingshot in order to active doors, like said above.

True facts: The worst dungeon in the 3D games is the MQ Fire Temple.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

BlindNinja posted:

All current Wii Remotes have the Plus tech integrated into them already, so you don't need to buy a Plus adapter or really worry that you're getting the wrong controller, provided you're buying new or one of the refurbs mentioned earlier. They'll have "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" printed at the bottom of the remote. And since you're getting the remote, you may as well grab the nunchuck accessory as well since it's useful in several games.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hi, why is there not a Nintendo IRC channel for goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Revengeance 2 is probably up next. If I recall, Kojima's been tweeting pics of him hanging out with the president of Platinum.

Metal Gear Vanquish: Tactical Thighbooster Action :allears:.

• Locked thread