Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Oh, I do not doubt that there are ways for the X-Men to legally teach at their school. I was more commenting on how next generation mutants wont be able to solve simple math problems because all their teachers know about is Transdimensional Transportation and Stabbing 101.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
That's what Hank McCoy is there for.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yeah I liked the part in early Wolverine and the X-Men where the government was inspecting their place.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Is it government policy to let a dude run a school for children in what is basically a war zone? I would have shut the place down, like, the third time it got leveled.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McSpanky posted:

At least in that case you can assume they're being accredited offscreen and we aren't seeing it because it's boring minutiae compared to their adventures, it's not like you need multiple PhDs to teach kids. And do private schools even need formal qualification for their instructors?

Did Havok ever manage to get his geology PhD?

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

First Bass posted:

Is it government policy to let a dude run a school for children in what is basically a war zone? I would have shut the place down, like, the third time it got leveled.

What insane parent would let their child go to the Professor Xavier School for Child Soldiery? Does post-traumatic stress disorder and an enduring fear of magnets look really good on a college application?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Reed, open that door with science.

Matt, win this trial with law.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Metal Loaf posted:

Did Havok ever manage to get his geology PhD?

According to the Marvel Comics Database, no. Also, in a vacuum that question sounds like a Seanbaby riff.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

That's what Hank McCoy is there for.

And Bobby Drake, the hardest working CPA in superheroics.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

SiKboy posted:

I dont know about the US, but in the UK private (paid for) school teachers dont actually need a teaching qualification. If you want to work in a public school you need a qualification, but private schools can hire anyone they like as long as they can pass a criminal record check.

pass a criminal record check :colbert:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Has anyone done a story where the sheer amount of asteroid bases, space-stations, orbiting doom-lasers and misc. portals just all crash into each other one day Kessler Syndrome-style? Because it has to be a risk at this point.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Pierson posted:

Has anyone done a story where the sheer amount of asteroid bases, space-stations, orbiting doom-lasers and misc. portals just all crash into each other one day Kessler Syndrome-style? Because it has to be a risk at this point.

Well obviously it should then be about one of the lesser known departments of SHIELD, namely cleanup duty. Because someone has to go out there and deal with all those things and it sure aint the heroes because they're too busy being heroes so that job falls to average Joes at the SHIELD Clean up - Exosphere department.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Oh, I do not doubt that there are ways for the X-Men to legally teach at their school. I was more commenting on how next generation mutants wont be able to solve simple math problems because all their teachers know about is Transdimensional Transportation and Stabbing 101.

Bobby Drake the Iceman teaches maths and used to be an accountant, which is kind of hosed up IMHO. Also I think Gambit taught sex ed, which should definitely be illegal.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

Well obviously it should then be about one of the lesser known departments of SHIELD, namely cleanup duty. Because someone has to go out there and deal with all those things and it sure aint the heroes because they're too busy being heroes so that job falls to average Joes at the SHIELD Clean up - Exosphere department.

I would totally read a SHIELD Gravity special featuring decades of supervillain doomsday devices going off in LEO after the Red Skull spills coffee on his old Nazi space station V3 console or something.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

dordreff posted:

Bobby Drake the Iceman teaches maths and used to be an accountant, which is kind of hosed up IMHO. Also I think Gambit taught sex ed, which should definitely be illegal.

The Xavier School for the Gifted has an almost 99% employment rate for it's graduates, as teachers for the The Xavier School for the Gifted.

Remember when Kitty Pryde was a successful business woman who ran for the Senate? Then Whedon couldn't get an erection with out her on the team so she became another sad loser hanging out at a school she graduated from a decade ago?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SirDan3k posted:

The Xavier School for the Gifted has an almost 99% employment rate for it's graduates, as teachers for the The Xavier School for the Gifted.

Remember when Kitty Pryde was a successful business woman who ran for the Senate? Then Whedon couldn't get an erection with out her on the team so she became another sad loser hanging out at a school she graduated from a decade ago?

You mean she was at the University of Chicago

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Whedon also apparently thought she'd been a virgin for this entire time, all the better for him to write a big dramatic sex scene involving her.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Whedon also apparently thought she'd been a virgin for this entire time, all the better for him to write a big dramatic sex scene involving her.

What?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ok, he didn't actually have an explicit sex scene in there, but she basically took her clothes off and gave Colossus a speech about living life to the fullest, then it cut to the bedroom curtains. It felt a little self-indulgent.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

It felt a little self-indulgent.

Whedon.txt

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Grayson Annual #1

You'll get no context out of me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That last panel makes absolutely no sense.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Walter White punched Jesus so hard his head turned Exorcist-style.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Grendels Dad posted:

So hard his right hand became his left.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grendels Dad posted:

I think it's actually his whole body that turned; he's now facing the camera.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

prefect posted:

I think it's actually his whole body that turned; he's now facing the camera.

Now it makes more sense but it still doesnt communicate that well.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Nah, the anatomy is still buggered. For a start his left arm would have to be made of rubber or it broke as well, also his body should be on Walter's right side from the momentum of the grab and the punch. It's just a bit of bad art.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

That's what you get when you have bad editors who don't have the balls or the time to get artists to do corrections.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm just taking it as such a powerful punch combined with his arm getting pulled in from about 2 feet in front of the one guy's front to right into his right hip that it's a combo of being hit and being pulled-spun by the arm at the same time making him rotate hard.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I think he grabbed his other hand when he punched him, but that's not well-communicated. Meanwhile he punched him so hard he snapped his spine clean off in several places and shattered his rib cage. I yellow card this post as needing to go in the funny panels thread instead (if for nothing else than to save the thread from Sonic fanboys).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I think he grabbed his other hand when he punched him

No. It's the same hand. The body spun around 180 degrees. His front is towards the camera. Judge by the free hand.
The arm being bent back and the cross flipping around make it confusing. Did ancient robes ever have front shirt pockets? That would've been useful.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 30, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean she was at the University of Chicago

Yeah, I think Dan3k got mixed up with Barbara Gordon or something? :confused:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I think Dan3k got mixed up with Barbara Gordon or something? :confused:

I think (but am not 100% sure) that some of those were plot elements from Claremont's "X-Men Forever", actually.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Parahexavoctal posted:

I think (but am not 100% sure) that some of those were plot elements from Claremont's "X-Men Forever", actually.

It was either that or some other alternate future story.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Cooked Auto posted:

"It's in space, that makes it a SWORD job."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smashpro1 posted:

This is why Lockheed drinks.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Patrick Spens posted:

It was either that or some other alternate future story.

It was X-Men: The End, actually. She wound up becoming President.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

smashpro1 posted:

Sounds like a Damage Control mini to me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I seem to be accidentally collecting decapitations.

First two from Wicked + Divine, the third from Godland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Why yes, that context-less violence is certainly badass and a thing worth celebrating, yes.