Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Metal Gear Vanquish: Tactical Thighbooster Action :allears:.

This is pretty much exactly what I've been hoping is next for Raiden. Just slap those god drat rocket boots on him and let me do sick jetboosting kickflips off cyborg faces and do 360-blade mode dismemberment on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Hi, why is there not a Nintendo IRC channel for goons.

We don't know what to call it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

noirstronaut posted:

Hi, why is there not a Nintendo IRC channel for goons.

Just chat here.

Hi.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jonas Albrecht posted:

We don't know what to call it.

#cutegamers

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
There is one but nobody is talking at the moment. It's been dead for hours. Nobody wants to be cute on IRC.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mercury Crusader posted:

There is one but nobody is talking at the moment. It's been dead for hours. Nobody wants to be cute on IRC.

What's the details

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm posting this everywhere because it could be something but Bayo 3 is a possibility now.

Kind of sounds like "we're working on a new game and also Bayonetta 2 DLC" which is pretty ok with me.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

noirstronaut posted:

What's the details

Hashtag NintenGOONS

see it's a portmanteau of NINTENDO and GOONS so

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So basically what you're saying is that it isn't cutegamers, which is a travesty.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Jsor posted:

So basically what you're saying is that it isn't cutegamers, which is a travesty.

I checked to see if there was and there isn't and apparently I'm the top dog at #cutegamers right now, home of cute Wii U games chat

I don't know how IRC works so for all I know I'm just squatting an IRC channel

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Ometeotl posted:

True facts: The worst dungeon in the 3D games is the MQ Fire Temple.

Especially when you find out that the majority of it is optional.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

I think you mean the Fire Temple from Vanilla OoT. The MQ Fire Temple rocks pretty hard, though Volvagia is still awful and easily among the worst Zelda bosses.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I feel bad asking, but should I just skip Bayonetta 1? I got to stage 10, but the game is just a bit too harsh on the player for me to enjoy it. Mostly it because the game really hates if the player is using powerups or retrying a stage to the point you're constantly getting the awful Stone rank because you died to a QTE that finished within one second or the fact you died because the game stopped giving health drops on stage 1. Shame too as I did enjoy the Devil May Cry games and beat Revengeance twice, yet can't get into the original Bayonetta.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just drop down the difficulty and continue. Everyone gets stone awards the first time they play so don't worry about it. It's a rad game that you should complete before moving on to 2.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
don't care about your rankings the first time around problem solved

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 30, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Ometeotl posted:

You're thinking of the original Fire Temple. MQ Fire Temple actually has ideas that it tries to use instead of never being able to stick to something and otherwise relying entirely on one of the worst dungeon items in the entire series.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Good rankings are for second and third playthroughs of Platinum games. Play to learn the system and to see the story your first time through, then you can try to master the mechanics.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just started bayonetta 1 for the first time. didn't realize the nintendo costumes were in this one too :D

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rirse posted:

I feel bad asking, but should I just skip Bayonetta 1? I got to stage 10, but the game is just a bit too harsh on the player for me to enjoy it. Mostly it because the game really hates if the player is using powerups or retrying a stage to the point you're constantly getting the awful Stone rank because you died to a QTE that finished within one second or the fact you died because the game stopped giving health drops on stage 1. Shame too as I did enjoy the Devil May Cry games and beat Revengeance twice, yet can't get into the original Bayonetta.

No. Bayonetta is hard but worth playing

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Have you fought double Grace and Glory yet? Don't quit before you do that.

Though if you do quit before you get to that loving turret boss then you are ahead of the curve no matter what.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Awesome! posted:

i just started bayonetta 1 for the first time. didn't realize the nintendo costumes were in this one too :D

It's cool because in 1 the Nintendo costumes are free, so you have the Moons accessory built into the Link costume for free as soon as you boot the game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

kater posted:

Though if you do quit before you get to that loving turret boss then you are ahead of the curve no matter what.

Grace and Glory are mega chumps compared to Gracious and Glorious without the Mahaa Kalaa and a poor understanding of dodge offset :(

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

kater posted:

Turret boss is really easy if you don't just hold the fire button but instead jam on it. Since you fire a shot for every button press you kill the boss MUCH faster. Also you can dodge from the firing position.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's still really really not loving fun though. Like all the minigame poo poo, but more.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Y'all does the Wii U somehow break controllers that mask themselves as Wiimotes? The NES30 works as a Wiimote and I'm kinda about to lose my loving mind. I can download leagues of old games, play them on my TV and use this funky rear end controller to play them like it's the 80s all over again.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Finally saw the "You're bad" Plant/Mushroom in Beep Block Sky Plaza in Captain Toad. Didn't want to pick it up and potentially ruin the shine of my reward pages. What does it do in this game, since i'm assuming it doesnt give Cap a golden Tanuki suit?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Looper posted:

No. Bayonetta is hard but worth playing

This. It's going to be pretty difficult to go back so enjoy it now.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

noirstronaut posted:

Buy a Wiimote. They come with Wii Motion Plus now and are like $20 refurbished, I think.

$15 - https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat160004

$25 with the other shits - https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat160004

You will need a nunchuck.

How much is shipping generally from the US?

We don't seem to have a refurb option over here in the UK and like gently caress am i willing to pay £50 for a new wii-mote nunchuck combo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You guys, I'm now officially a Cute Gamer

(This game owns so much, omg)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think my favorite thing about Captain Toad is that Captain Toad is timid as all heck while Toadette is a mad destroyer who's missions are primarily "beat the hell out of everything in her way"

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Rirse posted:

I had those problems with the game too, since in Devil May Cry you can get small green orbs from enemies and destructibles if you're low on health. In Bayonetta you get the ingredients to make recovery items, but you can't use them without ruining your rank.

The QTE's are terribly handled, especially since I think it's possible to press the button too early and it will fail you, even if you know which button to press ahead of time.

There's also no Devil Trigger-like mechanic in the first game, which is strange since it works great if implemented properly. They did have it in the sequel, but it should have been there to begin with.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I've been calling the game Captain Toad's Fat Stacks.

zolthorg posted:

Finally saw the "You're bad" Plant/Mushroom in Beep Block Sky Plaza in Captain Toad. Didn't want to pick it up and potentially ruin the shine of my reward pages. What does it do in this game, since i'm assuming it doesnt give Cap a golden Tanuki suit?

Are you talking about the rainbow mushroom they toss you if you gently caress up too much? I got it in that donut drop level, it makes you invincible. I didn't know it screws up your rewards.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think my favorite thing about Captain Toad is that Captain Toad is timid as all heck while Toadette is a mad destroyer who's missions are primarily "beat the hell out of everything in her way"

Toadette is the coolest and raddest.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This may or may not have been lost, so I'll try again:

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Question!
Is there a way to use the gamepad as a PDF reader? I... don't have a tablet, for some reason, and would love reading in bed.

I tried uploading the pdf in question to google drive then opening it with the browser, but it's no good.

I know I should buy a tablet, but I had the choice between a tablet and a 300€ Smash bros machine, and I don't regret it,.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hugoon Chavez posted:

This may or may not have been lost, so I'll try again

https://docs.google.com/viewer

In alternative buy not a tablet but a Kindle. Most cheap displays including the U controller's are rubbish to stare at for too long reading.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Saoshyant posted:

https://docs.google.com/viewer

In alternative buy not a tablet but a Kindle. Most cheap displays including the U controller's are rubbish to stare at for too long reading.

Ah, problem is half of the PDFs I read are tabletop RPG manuals and they load like total garbage on my kindle3 since they have a bunch of ilustrations and watermarks and whatnot. I read those on my Nexus 5 phone and the gamepad would be an improvement honestly, but I think I just can't use it like that.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like that the sole reason she needed to be rescued in the first act was because she didn't give a poo poo how big that bird was, he was not stealing her treasure without a fight.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 30, 2014

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Are there any sales going on for Wii U games right now? I can't seem to find any and want to get some more cute games :smith:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TubeStank posted:

Are there any sales going on for Wii U games right now? I can't seem to find any and want to get some more cute games :smith:

Toki Tori 2 is on sale in the eShop and is very very cute. You play as a fat bird and your powers are stomping and chirping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

So Bayonetta 2 was great but I'm having trouble getting into Bayonetta 1. Everything just seems dull grey in comparison, and the controls feel clunkier. Is it worth sticking with, or would I be better served just going through B2 again to get all the collectibles? (which I'm having a blast doing)

• Locked thread