Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
"so I get to work with a fat naked elephant, a small penguin, and a motherfucking snake orrrr I can go hang out with the badass robot? not seeing the value proposition here guys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
also a tiny, womanish crane

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i should note that that's posted at a university less than a mile away from one of rackspace's major offices, for their Email and Apps division

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

"i'm sorry", except in at least half the population that triggers a "it's not your fault" response and it's like yeaaaaaah of course it's not my fault, that phrase is frequently used to convey sympathy, not just guilt, learn to fuckin english

which makes me want to say 'sorry to hear that' which can be read as 'don't tell me things of this kind' and another communication failure

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

why are all English idioms terrible

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

er I guess by definition an idiom is stupid taken literally

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Necc0 posted:

seriously. does he get pissed at his computer when he turns on an automatic slideshow w/ music and it shows his deceased grandpa?

it's really weird that you've probably put more words, care, and thought into this than the original article

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

advertise yospos to facebook users where first_name=james and weight > 200 lbs

http://mysocialsherpa.com/the-ultimate-retaliation-pranking-my-roommate-with-targeted-facebook-ads/

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

well, I have started including Wu Tang lyrics in my hacking scripts as easter eggs/hidden because I'm olds and like both Wu Tang and lovely kung fu movies.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

all we need is a pirate so we can call it a day

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!

Shifty Pony posted:

there is a burger place near my house that has both an inside line at the counter and an outside line where you wait for the chance to wait in the inside line to pay $10 for a burger.

and just down the street is a goddamn amazing burger joint that cooks a classic fast food burger over charcoal and maybe has a three person deep line at lunch rush.

no burg is worth two lines.
hopdoddy owns if you dont go on a weekend

if you're not using the line as an excuse to drink beers and shoot the poo poo w/ your friends, idk what you're doing

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

"i'm sorry", except in at least half the population that triggers a "it's not your fault" response and it's like yeaaaaaah of course it's not my fault, that phrase is frequently used to convey sympathy, not just guilt, learn to fuckin english

canadian sorry ftw!!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

thatd be a real dick move to canadian sorry a loss condolence

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

burger chat: portland has little big burger and killer burger :allears:

little big burger uses real nice ingredients and they cook em medium rare by default, also do truffle fries which have good body and taste and ugh now I'm hungry

killer burg uses medium grade Sysco poo poo but their recipes own (peanut butter pickle bacon is an incredible burg), and they cook big tasty fries uggghhh want that burg

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

cancer chat:

it doesn't seem like there's any right thing to say and it's dependent on your relationship with the person

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

best burgers in the world are actually at the small canadian chain The Works. the rest of you can still compete for second place.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is actually really good.

no it isn't

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
there's a small chain in ontario called burger priest that's loving delicious

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Improbable Lobster posted:

there's a small chain in ontario called burger priest that's loving delicious

guy who owns burgerpriest is a huge homophobe tho :(

thankfully theres another good burg place in toronto and its up the street from my gym so i can go there and get this after

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ehhhhhh that doesn't really count as a burger

it's meatball with poo poo on it

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
if you can't fit the burger in your mouth it's not a burger

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

thankfully theres another good burg place in toronto and its up the street from my gym so i can go there and get this after

wow what

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

holy moly hahahah

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i'm the disgusting wad of mayo-lettuce soaking the bottom bun

try to pick that "burger" up and i'll disintegrate in your hands ahahaha :mad:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

that burg is designed for rectal insertion

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

a real "sit down" kinda place if you know what I mean, heh heh

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nth-ing not a burger

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!
the stupid plush cow heads in the background look like googly eyes on a muppet

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
what makes a great burg is so subjective its not worth arguing over what place has the best one. in the same vein anyone whose preference in how their eggs are done is nitpicky to the point of sending it back when they are displeased should just not go to brunch

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Mido posted:

that burg is designed for rectal insertion

its actually called the colon clogger on the menu lol

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

its actually called the colon clogger on the menu lol

aaaaahahahahha

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
brunchchat would be suited for the tech bubble thread because i can imagine an uppity sv nerd sending back their eggs at a san fransisco eatery because the underside of their eggs were browned instead of pure white

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
imagine the nerd standing in line for 2.5 hours to eat those eggs and you have precisely imagined san francisco. might as well not visit, you've already seen it.

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
[ask] me about the brunch cook ptsd still burned into my brain years after

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

racist/homophobe restaurant owners?? once again-

pittsburgh's got you beat

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
cls: in an Uber and using the spotify hook up poo poo at the drivers request. took 5 minutes to set it up but it now works

currently rocking out to Tuesday by Drake/ilovemakkonen

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beast of Bourbon posted:

cls: in an Uber and using the spotify hook up poo poo at the drivers request. took 5 minutes to set it up but it now works

play freebird

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

PokeJoe posted:

play freebird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7EiHqBWbos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
after that song ended i played let me down gently by la roux and he was like "who is this singer?" and i'm like "a redhead english girl name La Roux" and he's like 'i'm gonna look her up after this.'

and then when we were pulling up to my apt building he started mashing some buttons on his phone and was like 'whoa you have a 5 star rating' and i'm like 'really? is that rare?' and he's like 'i check pretty much all my rides afterwards and i'd say less than 1/20 is 5 stars, you must be super nice'

and i'm like :coolfish:

• Locked thread