Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

Someone got video of Fez freaking out at the airport.

http://youtu.be/1D5PtyrewSs?t=13s

Oh you monster.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Maybe this year WILL be better than the last.

And even with this, I still clicked. Dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

ozza posted:

Direct from the Ron and Fez subreddit, something else deeply disturbing to give you chills:

Genetics is a hell of a thing

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Cacafuego posted:

Genetics is a hell of a thing

Apparently shelby's father is a harlequin baby.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Droopy Goines posted:

Apparently shelby's father is a harlequin baby.

No one Google that if you don't know what it is

You're welcome

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, the clip of O&A talking about TV movie edits? It's when they make fun of Die Hard for "Yippee Kay Yay Mr Falcon" and I think do their own purposefully terrible edits to movie moments.

I remember having a download of it back in the day but I can't find it on youtube or anything now :(

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Morter posted:

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, the clip of O&A talking about TV movie edits? It's when they make fun of Die Hard for "Yippee Kay Yay Mr Falcon" and I think do their own purposefully terrible edits to movie moments.

I remember having a download of it back in the day but I can't find it on youtube or anything now :(

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Morter posted:

There's this clip, but I think most of the discussion happened on the previous show. It is the July 11, 2005 show if you can find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh4GBIyb7AM

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I haven't been listening to any of the guys in the past year or so but I was going through older R&F on YT for kicks today.

So, for no reason other than I miss his dumb, goofy, lazy rear end, here's Brother Joe's Black Earl song

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Thanks man that really hit the spot

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
One of the funniest TV edit things I can remember (well, this isn't TV edit per se I guess) was the beep game where they'd take news reports and replace random words with censor beeps. There was one news story about how a bunch of drivers were mad at joggers for clogging up the roads in their neighborhoods and how they almost get run over and poo poo because nobody can see them and so they beeped it so that the "gers" was still audible and it worked really well. It really just sounded like what the news would be like if Anthony Cumia was in charge.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
My favorite YouTube channel DiscoDog got a copyright strike from Rat at TACS. On Christmas of all days!!!!! There's a war on Christmas!!! It probably wasn't the best idea to put up something TACS related, but it was only one 40 minute clip. He asked Rat if he could repeal it via Twitter, and Rat said no. There were some folks (including myself) messaging Rat politely about changing his mind. I'm very sad. :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Speaking of Twitter, I didn't know @PepperQuotes was a thing until recently.

Guess I have a reason to go back to twitter.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

How Much Art posted:

My favorite YouTube channel DiscoDog got a copyright strike from Rat at TACS. On Christmas of all days!!!!! There's a war on Christmas!!! It probably wasn't the best idea to put up something TACS related, but it was only one 40 minute clip. He asked Rat if he could repeal it via Twitter, and Rat said no. There were some folks (including myself) messaging Rat politely about changing his mind. I'm very sad. :(

I feel bad for ant. He sounds very depressed the few times I have checked into the show.

I bought a six month subscription in August, but I haven't bothered to listen to the show since October and it won't be renewed. One time when I had nothing else to listen to i tried to check out an entire show again, but after 10 minutes I turned it off and listened to the Eric Nagel show instead.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Droopy Goines posted:

I feel bad for ant. He sounds very depressed the few times I have checked into the show.

I bought a six month subscription in August, but I haven't bothered to listen to the show since October and it won't be renewed. One time when I had nothing else to listen to i tried to check out an entire show again, but after 10 minutes I turned it off and listened to the Eric Nagel show instead.

Yeah it's not very good. It was an easy call to cancel, now that they do those best ofs and poo poo. Ron & Fez is my poo poo now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
God, every time I notice Opie intentionally say BIRF DAY I get irritated. Going through older shows and hit one during Jimmy's birthday. This is going to be a long one thanks to Opie.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Droopy Goines posted:

I haven't heard his show, but it seems like he had a 7-year bender and right about now is the sobering morning after.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Speaking of depressing stuff, somebody on Reddit noticed that Jim removed all mention of O&A and the Opie Radio from his press bio and site. It probably didn't help any that the majority of his credits were from dead shows and Fox apperances.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Never forget "Down and Dirty with Jim Norton."

Complete with uncomfortable Lemmy quips.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Speaking of depressing stuff, somebody on Reddit noticed that Jim removed all mention of O&A and the Opie Radio from his press bio and site. It probably didn't help any that the majority of his credits were from dead shows and Fox apperances.

To be fair, his previous bio was outdated as hell and very wordy:

quote:

New Jersey native Jim Norton is a nationally-touring comedian and best selling author who can be heard weekday mornings on the "Opie & Anthony" radio show. The show, which is listened to by millions of devoted fans each day, airs on both CBS and XM radio networks. New Jersey native Jim Norton is best known for his unique point of view and outspoken humor. As a comedian, he is currently touring the country performing in front of sold-out crowds both individually and as part of his new venture, The Anti Social Network. He is a New York Times best-selling author, radio personality, and regular television guest. Each day Jim is listened to by millions of devoted fans on the Opie & Anthony Radio Show for Sirius/XM Radio, which began over a decade ago in 1999. Jim is a recurring guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and frequents the late night talk show circuit as well with credits including The Late Show with David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel Live E!’s Chelsea Lately, Fox Red Eye, Hannity, Joy Behar, and others. http://www.funnybone.com/Comedian/1389e6f6-256b-47cd-80d9-6431407c63fb/Jim_Norton

Changing it to this:

quote:

Jim Norton is a comedian living in New York who has appeared in multiple television shows and recorded 5 stand-up comedy specials. He is a 2-time New York Times bestselling author and the host of THE JIM NORTON SHOW, a talk show, on Vice.com. He is currently preparing to record his 6th live special.

It sucks that he dropped all mention of his day gig, but I doubt O&A are getting him much headway nowadays, especially with the last big media blast being Ant's racial tirade. I think it boasts more about his Vice show.

Droopy Goines posted:

Ouch. Then again, E-Rock does have some fascinating geek topics on there. I just haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

What are some examples of Ant being depressed? Is it the topics he brings up? Or is it just a generally lower mood in his delivery?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I keep wanting to listen to some of his best-ofs, but then the itunes description says something like "Ant weighs in on the Eric Garner case" and I lose all interest.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Apparently East Side Dave's marriage is a disaster and Casey is a sociopath. Poor Dave : (

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

onemillionzombies posted:

Apparently East Side Dave's marriage is a disaster and Casey is a sociopath. Poor Dave : (

I'd imagine that someone who would marry East Side Dave would have to be a little...off.

Also, where did you hear this? Got a new car (free Sirius) and am just now getting back into R&F after a few years off.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

onemillionzombies posted:

I wouldn't take that Reddit thread too seriously. Her cheating on Dave happened awhile back and they still seem to be together so :shrug:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Morter posted:

What are some examples of Ant being depressed? Is it the topics he brings up? Or is it just a generally lower mood in his delivery?

The way he talked about Artie Lange appearing on Opie&Jim was pretty sad

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Keg posted:

The way he talked about Artie Lange appearing on Opie&Jim was pretty sad

Goddamn I wish I could hear this.

Edit: Thanks! I think I actually remember this. I thought you were talking about a more recent stint--I don't know anything that's going on with O&J

Still yeah, that's pretty :smith:-worthy

Morter fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 30, 2014

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozFkHMhfxE

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

I can't put my finger on it but this guy sounds sort of familiar.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anybody have the Ron & Fez show from 01-09-2007? I'm editing something together and I'm missing it.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anybody have the Ron & Fez show from 01-09-2007? I'm editing something together and I'm missing it.

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/39057363/file.html

Here you go

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Big Bidness posted:

Here you go

Thanks buddy :)

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZ-Lh6q2fw

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

This is so great.

Fez: You threw a bucket of poo poo right in my face.
ESD: I didnt do that.
Ron: Its a metaphor for how you treat people.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Are those nail clippings

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Happy Dew New Year, everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8dNuizQHJM

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

They are playing best of's with Ant right now.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y1j-8cd4TU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T45hXfKXA9g

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Billy the Mountain posted:

They are playing best of's with Ant right now.
I caught the Donald Rumsfeld interview earlier this afternoon when I was out running errands. Still one of my favorite segments of all time. Jesus loving Christ but Louis CK is such a goddamn genius.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I watched Women Aren't Funny on Netflix. It's ok I guess. My favorite parts are when Bonnie asks everyone why women aren't funny the answer is 95% of the time 'well because they're not' and she gets all upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Stokes posted:

I watched Women Aren't Funny on Netflix. It's ok I guess. My favorite parts are when Bonnie asks everyone why women aren't funny the answer is 95% of the time 'well because they're not' and she gets all upset.

If you want to get real douchechills, watch this web series Bonnie was apart of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-nBXAXcF2M

• Locked thread