Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"Finished"? You mean like... painted?

LOL

I haven't painted any of my Bones 1 figures yet. I've got a 20-year backlog of miniatures to paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Is this some April Fools stuff? Because they haven't updated in almost two weeks, and the last update said they won't get the last of the boxes in until January.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

All I know is I got my bones II order in the mail this afternoon and it's awesome, didn't even have to pay for the lift gate service.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ravendas posted:

Is this some April Fools stuff? Because they haven't updated in almost two weeks, and the last update said they won't get the last of the boxes in until January.

Yeah I don't see any KS update either

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Munki, are you sure you're not talking about the dwarven forge stuff? Because that's being delivered.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JackMann posted:

Munki, are you sure you're not talking about the dwarven forge stuff? Because that's being delivered.

It was just a joke.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Munki poo poo up the dwarf fortress thread for months pulling that gag, too. You can't believe anything he says.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I have one joke, man. One joke. I'll be damned if I let anyone take that away from me. :smith:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

I have one joke, man. One joke. I'll be damned if I let anyone take that away from me. :smith:

Don't worry, you'll always have rotating cat butts

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Paolomania posted:

An update after an embarrasingly long time: Just got around to painting these bases with a quick basecoat, wash and drybrush. I like the results and will probably be using CA-to-chit/fill-with-sand-PVA again in the future for quick basing needs.

And the first few are ready for the table:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Someone on the Reaper boards reported getting their shipping notice. This was in error, and may be related to the CAV shipping notices, though the person in question was not a CAV backer. ReaperBryan confirmed that shipping has not begun, and will not start before January. If you get a shipping notice, it is in error.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dangit, Reaper, that's my joke. :colbert:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
There were also some weird notifications that went out regarding minis becoming available. That feature on their website has been wonky for a while, and apparently they just fixed it, which triggered a bunch of those e-mails going out. Not sure if it's related, but the timing seems suspicious.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Some interesting Reaper promos showed up in my email today:

quote:

12 Days of Reaper

The Reaper Elves have been busy. Welcome to the 12 Days of Reaper!

The promotion runs from 12-5 through 12-16. During this time, anyone who places an order for $35 or more through Reapermini.com will receive the Miniature of the Day for FREE!!! Behold:
12 Days of Reaper

Dec 5: 1402 Magnus, Wizard of Hope by Werner Klocke
Dec 6: 1509 2009 ReaperCon Artist Sophie by Julie Guthrie
Dec 7: 1520 Cap'n Willie Sharp - 2012 Convention Miniature by Gene Van Horne
Dec 8: 1503 Reaper Con 2006 Bourbon Street Sophie by Bob Ridolfi
Dec 9: 1514 ReaperCon 2011 Adventure Sophie
Dec 10: 1553 Christmas Familiars by Julie Guthrie
Dec 11: 1504 ReaperCon 2007 Sci Fi Sophie by Werner Klocke
Dec 12: 1501 ReaperCon 2004 Reclining Sophie by Gael Goumon
Dec 13: 1505 ReaperCon 2008 Bomber Sophie by Bob Ridolfi
Dec 14: 1524 ReaperCon 2014 Cowgirl Sophie by Bobby Jackson
Dec 15: 1531 Kyrie, Special Edition Convention Miniature by Julie Guthrie
Dec 16: 1554 Holly, Christmas Elf by Bob Ridolfi

If you don't know what each of these guys looks like, just glance up at the header at the top of Reapermini.com for that day.
Special Edition Christmas and Holiday Miniatures

These six models are now available in our online store until December 31st!
Special December-Only Miniatures

Special Edition Miniatures

01439: The Nativity: Donkey by Julie Guthrie ($6.79)
01440: Wise Man #2 by Kevin Williams ($5.99)
01525: Santa Dwarf by Jason Wiebe ($9.99)
01550: Christmas Eve by Bobby Jackson ($9.99)
01551: Christmas Knight by Bobby Jackson ($9.99)
01552: Santa Dwarf (2014) by Jason Wiebe ($9.99)

New Release for December 2014

And we have New Metal miniatures this month - On December First we released these:
Dark Heaven Legends Fantasy Miniatures

03681: Nazera Bloodraven, Vampire by Bobby Jackson ($6.49)
03683: Sister Lana, Healer by Bobby Jackson ($5.99)
03684: Graveyard Archway by Bob Ridolfi ($9.49)
03689: Blink Berenwicket, Female Gnome by Bobby Jackson ($6.99)

Officially Licensed Pathfinder Miniatures

60173: Vagorg, Half Orc Sorcerer by Chris Lewis ($7.49)
60187: Koya Mvashti by Derek Schubert ($5.99)

And on December 15th, we will be releasing
Dark Heaven Legends Fantasy Miniatures

03686: Dreg Chieftain by Paul Muller ($9.29)
03687: Dreg Devourer and Slinker by Paul Muller ($11.59)
03688: Dreg Butchers by Paul Muller ($12.99)
03690: Dwarf Bodyguard by John Hickman ($8.79)
03691: Ice Dragon Hatchling by Kevin Williams ($5.99)
03694: Swamp Dragon Hatchling by Kevin Williams ($6.99)

Happy Holidays from Everyone at Reaper!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

Some interesting Reaper promos showed up in my email today:

I ended up picking up a whole bunch of replacement paint and getting the elf. I kind of wish that I wasn't so busy on the day they had the Christmas familiars, though. :sweatdrop:

In Bones news, I got a lot more for Christmas. Pictures in my new lightbox that I need to buy more lights for:

I ended up painting the wash over a coat of sealer that I put down. Otherwise, it just beads up on the unpainted green.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but does anyone play Warlord? I like the minis a lot so I was thinking about putting a couple of armies together to make someone play with me, but I can't find much info on anyone playing it. I found one really poorly done battle report on youtube that put me to sleep, but that's it. Is it fun?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Rabbi posted:

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but does anyone play Warlord? I like the minis a lot so I was thinking about putting a couple of armies together to make someone play with me, but I can't find much info on anyone playing it. I found one really poorly done battle report on youtube that put me to sleep, but that's it. Is it fun?

I tried it about 8 years ago and no, it was not fun.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Rabbi posted:

If Warlord is small scale armies you might try Song of Blades and Heroes, if it is large scale armies you might try Kings of War (a second edition of the rules will be out soon). Both rule systems are simple to use and seem very well liked.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Next update is coming day after tomorrow. From their last update, it's POSSIBLE they would have everything in hand and ready to commence shipping as of today. Now taking bets on the pending update announcing commencement of shipping. :suicide:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm still irritated that my stuff has been ready for weeks (months?) since I didn't order any of the problem minis.

But oh no, it would be unfair to Wave 1 and they'd cry if I got anything first. gently caress waves.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moths posted:

I'm still irritated that my stuff has been ready for weeks (months?) since I didn't order any of the problem minis.

But oh no, it would be unfair to Wave 1 and they'd cry if I got anything first. gently caress waves.

wave 1 supremacy bitches. The only add on I got was the big dragon diorama, which are the problem minis?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

moths posted:

Since there is literally no way to keep everyone happy in a situation like this, I will just have to take great pleasure in the fact that my silly waste of money is holding up your silly waste of money. All hail the early birds.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah, I'm Wave 2. It's literally the first slot that can get jammed up, and here I am. (I'm not really really mad about dumb plastic mans.)

The problem minis were listed in an update from two or three months ago. I forget which specific ones, but a handful needed resculpted to address some production issues.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

moths posted:

The issue is less "Oh, we can't make Wave 1 unhappy," and more "We would have to pay a poo poo ton of money to get get people in here to ship stuff out, reorganize it, and then put everything back until we were ready to ship the rest of it out." They basically have to shut down the rest of their operation while they do shipping. It just makes more sense to get it all done at once.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey guess what!

They aren't shipping yet :v:

Also, I think they're starting to feel a little snippy about the whole thing:

Reaper Miniatures posted:

We typically hear nothing from customs other than receiving a bill for the inspections and then silence until they call us and tell us we have 24 hours to arrange pick-up from their facility.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Word to the wise, if you plan to clip Bones off their broccoli bases and put them on regular plastic bases, make sure you've done any necessary boiling and reshaping first. This probably falls into "no poo poo, Sherlock" territory for the wiser among you, but it honestly never occurred to me that the temperature of boiling water would permanently warp regular hard plastic. :saddowns:

At least the bases are super cheap.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

But...you can always just re-boil them and then hold them in whatever position while cooling.

Oh oh oh, you're saying you put them on other bases, and boiling warped THOSE? Yeah, those little black bases are generally just ABS, which has COMPLETELY different characteristics than bonesium (some variant of PVC, if I recall? Or some sort of PE. I don't really remember.)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Yeah, by hard plastic I meant the black bases I'd put them on, not Bonesium.

Like I said, you get a giant bag of bases for like $10 or less so it isn't a real loss, just a :saddowns: moment when I realized I had to pry them off and rebase them again.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JerryLee posted:

you get a giant bag of bases

A giant bag? A giant bag?

As for me, I have plans

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you're wondering when you'll ship out, it's based first on wave, then on when you locked your order in. So, if you're wave one, and you locked your pledge in five minutes after they opened it, you're probably going to be one of the first packed. If you were wave one, and locked your order in three months later, you might be a day or two later. If you're wave nine with an early lock-in date, you'll still be after everyone in waves one through eight, but earlier within your wave. Of course, all orders for a given day go out at the same time. So, if a thousand orders go out on day one, it doesn't really matter which order you're in, so long as you're one of those thousand.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Speaking of fulfillment,

Reaper Miniatures posted:

We have received the last containers, and now have all product on hand to begin fulfillment!

Gentlemen, start your (airbrush) engines!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

oh god I ordered a tarrasque and a big dragon and I still don't have an airbrush what have I done

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ehh, no big deal, nobody's gonna paint any of these things ever anyhow. Just pretend-airbrush. Air-airbrush, if you will. The end result will be the same. :downsgun:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have painted exactly zero of my Bones I miniatures, so I'm super-excited for my Bones II to show up so I can get started not painting them immediately!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

What's the best way to throw a wash on them just to make the details visible? That's about as much effort as I'm willing to give them.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Coat of sealer + coat of wash seems to work alright.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Baron Snow posted:

What's the best way to throw a wash on them just to make the details visible? That's about as much effort as I'm willing to give them.

Seal them. You might want to use a non-aerosol varnish. The wash should adhere to the varnish. Alternately, prime them if they're not transparent.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's finally happening I'm in wave 1 where am I going to put everything where am I going to put Khanjira and kraken and all the dragons oh poo poo :ohdear:

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Maybe now they can get back to making things for the rest of their customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

An Angry Bug posted:

Maybe now they can get back to making things for the rest of their customers.

They've actually been pretty good about releases the last few months. December and January had a bunch of awesome mini releases.

• Locked thread