Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I was laughing at people in this thread getting annoyed about the entries in the first Best Of being too low, then in the newest one I became infuriated at Tony Macaroni not being in the Top 10 - hardest I've laughed all year! Also the segment with Claudia describing her book is way funnier than the R. Schrift segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

GraPar posted:

I was laughing at people in this thread getting annoyed about the entries in the first Best Of being too low, then in the newest one I became infuriated at Tony Macaroni not being in the Top 10 - hardest I've laughed all year! Also the segment with Claudia describing her book is way funnier than the R. Schrift segment.

Let's not pretend that Scott choose the clip he did for any reason other than it contained the origin of TNDBO.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I thought all the clips from the first best of where funnier than this best of. The end.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

GraPar posted:

Yeah the stuff with Claudia is really funny and high energy and then it goes from that to a Gillian jacobs and paul f tompkins joking around about being married thing and its very deflating

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

last years best of was kind of badly ordered too if u ask me. people love non-halloween sequel episodes way 2 much

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
this is the worst, most prolonged bad opinion time ever.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Fieryspork posted:

this is the worst, most prolonged bad opinion time ever.

Actually it's this.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
that link doesn't work. was it supposed to be my post history or something?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

You gotta laugh!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Fieryspork posted:

that link doesn't work. was it supposed to be my post history or something?

Yes

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Andy Richter needs to come back. He's one of the best guests.

God it's been almost four years since his episode with Wompler.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

the main draw of the bests of for me is PFT and Scott loving around. then it's just highlights from the past year. I can't even remember nor do I care what order they were in.

although if solo bolo isn't on the list I may detonate this thermonuclear device I'm currently sitting on. just sayin.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

By now I think I enjoy PFT as himself twice as much as any of his characters.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Eel be back.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm looking for a clip of the @Midnight technicality no down boo over, and seeing that show for the first time, yeesh!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Wompler's Birthday being so high was incorrect. But I'm glad they spotlighted Dabney, certainly my favorite part of that episode.

So are the Daly/Zouks in the top 3?

It's criminal that we haven't had a Geno episode. I hope at least one shows up.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Fezz posted:

Wompler's Birthday being so high was incorrect. But I'm glad they spotlighted Dabney, certainly my favorite part of that episode.

So are the Daly/Zouks in the top 3?

It's criminal that we haven't had a Geno episode. I hope at least one shows up.

The second sxsw show from last year with besser and geno is my number 1

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

ImPureAwesome posted:

I thought all the clips from the first best of where funnier than this best of. The end.

Coco Marx, is that you?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I know he said otherwise, but I have faith the Mookie MJ epi will make it to the #1 spot. Hee-hee!

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

FitFortDanga posted:

Coco Marx, is that you?

My bad, how that got there I'll never know

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dabny deserves his own episode dedicated to him.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

School Sucks

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

cams posted:

Dabny deserves his own episode dedicated to him.

a solo bolo with just scott and dabny would be amazing.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
PFT as Maron interviewing Dabney WTF style

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I never got the hubbub about the second Adam Pally Bro episode being some egregious breach of character, that supposedly invalidated the funniness of it. Scott and PFT are big comedy nerds I think.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

UP AND ADAM posted:

I never got the hubbub about the second Adam Pally Bro episode being some egregious breach of character, that supposedly invalidated the funniness of it. Scott and PFT are big comedy nerds I think.

It's 95% PFT there. He mentioned it on the last best of and it seemed like there was something about Adam Pally's casual "unprofessionalism" that really bothered him. I guess maybe I could see where he's coming from if I really really tried, but really he should just calm down about that and maybe ask himself why he gives a poo poo.

There are some weird quirks about Scott and PFT that I probably wouldn't notice if I didn't really like both of them so much. Like their childhood (and adulthood) obsession with comic books that makes them care a little too much about what is canonical in a podcast series that's really just a bunch of fun shared delusions.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The second Bro episode is also extremely funny, not least because it birthed Woody Allen watching Entourage.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I hope Scott saying HOLD UP in the Nate Dogg voice becomes 2015's it's been awhile.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Punch Card posted:

It's 95% PFT there. He mentioned it on the last best of and it seemed like there was something about Adam Pally's casual "unprofessionalism" that really bothered him. I guess maybe I could see where he's coming from if I really really tried, but really he should just calm down about that and maybe ask himself why he gives a poo poo.

There are some weird quirks about Scott and PFT that I probably wouldn't notice if I didn't really like both of them so much. Like their childhood (and adulthood) obsession with comic books that makes them care a little too much about what is canonical in a podcast series that's really just a bunch of fun shared delusions.

These are really annoying aspects of them, yes. Even Nick Kroll commented on PFT being "weird about" his characters way back in the first John Mulaney episode.

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
PFT's characters are pretty much the most "I am a comedian doing a character" characters out of every guest, too, which makes it even weirder that he would care.

e- he's always struck me as more joking than serious whenever it's been brought up, though. Haven't heard the latest best of, so I dunno if it changes.

Segway Rave fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 30, 2014

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I just saw adam pally @ ucb and he was talking on the back line... it doesn't get more unprofessional than that ppl... how can we know that the shared moment of creation is actually happening before us if the improvers are whispering to one another...

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

PFT is a funny rear end dude but he has some occasional weird anger issues (as he admits himself (where'd I hear this recently? I think on that Baby Geniuses maxfun show?)) and I guess that manifests as him getting snippy and anal about continuity and characters and receiving supportive texts sometimes. Everybody's got their own bugaboos but PFT being everywhere in the world magnifies it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Adam Pally's not giving a gently caress attitude is my favorite part about him. Also if you don't know Scott Aukerman well and talk to him he makes it feel very very awkward.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I think some of the best "CBB" episodes this year were found in the Andy Daly project and U Talking U2 to Me. On that note, I do hope Brad Hammersmith appears in the top 3, don't think I remember Scott saying it barely missed the cut at the beginning.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I think we can all agree that PFT is history's greatest monster.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I just saw adam pally @ ucb and he was talking on the back line... it doesn't get more unprofessional than that ppl... how can we know that the shared moment of creation is actually happening before us if the improvers are whispering to one another...

:catstare: :staredog: :psyduck: :psypop: :psyberger: :psylon: :eyepop: :captainpop: :chanpop:

Christ... I hope i never have to hear that casual mother Fucker on an EarWolf podcast ever again.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Sharparoni posted:

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I think some of the best "CBB" episodes this year were found in the Andy Daly project and U Talking U2 to Me.
Don Dimello's bit with Manzoukas is loving amazing. So was Chip's Tips (and Tip's Chips) and almost all of the Cowboy Poetry Workshop. ("No, I think that looped").

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hee Hee #2 not being in the Best Of is a drat shame. It had an emotional WTF-style awakening where Neil Campbell told a harrowing story about growing up as the children of alcoholics/hermit crab racers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Did people really not like solo bolo? Out yourselves here you numbskulls.