Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Posting anything anti-nuclear and watching all the kneejerking: will it ever get old? I rather doubt it

I will stick my uranium fuel rod up your butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

:P

Granted, I probably should have been a little less hostile if I actually wanted to convince anyone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This jpeg is a condemnation of america

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CornHolio posted:

If a car is still "personal property," they can legally search it without any kind of a warrant, even though they're a private party?

Yes, because a condition of you working there is allowing them to search it. By accepting the terms of the employment, you're accepting that you give them permission to search your car. No, they're not going to smash the windshield, and they'd probably be liable for the cost if they did. However they could open an unlocked door, because by accepting the terms of employment, you've consented to it. As has been pointed out, what would happen is that they'd walk you out to the car and say "Open it or you're fired."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DemeaninDemon posted:

I will stick my uranium fuel rod up your butt.

TCC's next self-destructive addiction spotted.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

Why is Seinfeld so funny I'm still watching it and laughing the same.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
A "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" episode featuring Joe Biden and a Pontiac Firebird. DO IT, JERRY.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

politicians in a car getting talky.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

god drat IITTTTT

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

StandardVC10 posted:

A "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" episode featuring Joe Biden and a Pontiac Firebird. DO IT, JERRY.

Jerry interviewing Joe would be great. It's probably going to happen too. After 2016, I'm betting the Joe goes full Carter.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

TCC's next self-destructive addiction spotted.

Good way to land in prison I imagine.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

DemeaninDemon posted:

Good way to land in prison I imagine.

A lot of them are already practiced hands at that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So, what's a good entry-point into USPol or whatever to get a decent rundown of speculation on who's running for 2016?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A lot of them are already practiced hands at that.

Well at least the butt bag will deter potential prison suitors, then?

Jeb Bush in the GOP corner and probably Hillary in the -D. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz will poo poo it up and be glorious. Democratic candidates could be Diamond Joe or Warren but I really don't know.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DemeaninDemon posted:

Well at least the butt bag will deter potential prison suitors, then?

Jeb Bush in the GOP corner and probably Hillary in the -D. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz will poo poo it up and be glorious. Democratic candidates could be Diamond Joe or Warren but I really don't know.

Oh, dear lord, 1992 called, they want their Presidential surnames back (and also their music, rear end in a top hat throwback party organizers!).

Why is Joe called "Diamond Joe"? Does he have a sordid past with African blood diamonds?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, dear lord, 1992 called, they want their Presidential surnames back (and also their music, rear end in a top hat throwback party organizers!).

Why is Joe called "Diamond Joe"? Does he have a sordid past with African blood diamonds?

The Onion I think.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The Onion used that name for his (mostly) alt persona, of whom apparently the real Joe Biden is a big fan.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
See, this is what I like about living in some kind of a democracy. You repeatedly write things like that about the Vice President, and you get to spend the holidays with your family. :unsmith:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So, what's a good entry-point into USPol or whatever to get a decent rundown of speculation on who's running for 2016?

My 2016 Senate and Presidential threads:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680204
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Mods please train Rahm Emanuel to the conspiracy thread, it's where he's happiest

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rahm and Barack on October 6, 2014.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I know there are threads, but... where... do I start? You know?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you're interested in who's running in 2016, start anywhere. Hillary is going to get the Democratic nomination and the GOP field is wide open right now with every current and past Senator and Governor a candidate.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Here's a nice TL;DR for you:

Joementum posted:

Hillary is going to get the Democratic nomination and the GOP field is wide open right now with every current and past Senator and Governor a candidate.

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm not sold on Jeb Bush just yet, and he's got a lot of competition. In addition to Paul and Cruz, Rick Perry is going to try again, Rick Santorum is gonna try again (and probably bring up gay marriage when every other candidate would like him to please shut the hell up about it) Mitt Romney is gonna try again, Chris Christie is probably going to try, and here, have a nice fun image of what a clusterfuck it is:

The 2016 Republican primaries are gonna be a loving hoot, just like 2012.

And yes, that is Mitt Romney leading the pack. Yes, the dude who lost with 47% of the vote.:allears:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fade5 posted:

In addition to Paul and Cruz, Rick Perry is going to try again, Rick Santorum is gonna try again (and probably bring up gay marriage when every other candidate would like him to please shut the hell up about it)

I would honestly consider voting for Santorum in a primary for this reason alone. For the republicans in 2016, gay marriage isn't just going to be a wedge issue, it's going to be a plastic explosive issue, violently splitting the candidates from each other, and from their base.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
2yr grabbed Mommy's gun while playing in her purse. It goes off right into mommy. This happened in a Walmart in Hayden ID. That's one of the libertarian hell holes in a state full of libertarian hellions.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

DemeaninDemon posted:

2yr grabbed Mommy's gun while playing in her purse. It goes off right into mommy. This happened in a Walmart in Hayden ID. That's one of the libertarian hell holes in a state full of libertarian hellions.

Wouldn't have happened with a revolver. :freep:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Warszawa posted:

roger moore is loving poo poo

dalton owns dalton haters are terrible

Late to the party but: same

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Really wish Dalton could have done Goldeneye as was the plan so haters could get further stuffed

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

flashback to last night but

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

I am fine with this story.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

euphronius posted:

Might wind up being kinda hard on the two year old.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kids are very resilient

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

fade5 posted:

Here's a nice TL;DR for you:

I'm not sold on Jeb Bush just yet, and he's got a lot of competition. In addition to Paul and Cruz, Rick Perry is going to try again, Rick Santorum is gonna try again (and probably bring up gay marriage when every other candidate would like him to please shut the hell up about it) Mitt Romney is gonna try again, Chris Christie is probably going to try, and here, have a nice fun image of what a clusterfuck it is:

The 2016 Republican primaries are gonna be a loving hoot, just like 2012.

And yes, that is Mitt Romney leading the pack. Yes, the dude who lost with 47% of the vote.:allears:
so it'll be a slightly less overwhelming repeat of 2008, but with equally insane primaries. that's nice to know.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

sure, why not

quote:

Whitney Ward ✔ @KREMWhitney
Follow

2 year old accidentally shot/killed his mother at Hayden Walmart. 3 other kids who witnessed shooting now with family

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

they're going to hammer clinton on bill's infidelity while wondering why women won't vote for them and it will be funny

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

same thing for latino voters and how they'll treat marco rubio in the primaries

e: excuse me, i guess ted cruz is The Latino Republican atm

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

when are these primaries starting i'm pumped up already

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So did the GOP/Tea Party just corrupt their up-and-comers with a lunacy that turns them off to the general public, or are they just unable to find any new candidates besides this aging cast of white guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Presidential threads are the best DNd has to offer.

• Locked thread