Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the genesis of space titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

laser crossguard is dangerous but giving laser swords to a bunch of drat toddlers is a-ok

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lord of Pie posted:

laser crossguard is dangerous but giving laser swords to a bunch of drat toddlers is a-ok

training laser swords that won't kill you (just poke out your eye but hey we can grow you a new one)
:goonsay:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Which movie is this I want to see some Princess Leia titties

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

All the reactions to the new star wars trailer are pretty drat funny. It's just a bunch of little clips of star wars things with no context. I saw it and was like "welp that sure looks like a star wars movie"

Some people started screaming in excitement which is loving weird because you know we've seen x-wings and the falcon and stormtroopers before, we pretty much know nothing about the new movie and the last 3 were poo poo so I dunno why you'd have very high expectations

Also funny was people trying to find something to complain about, like the lightsaber, the ball droid or a black stormtrooper

Uh... uh.... I gotta find a way to say the new star wars is totally gonna suck! Yeah, the lightsaber's dumb! Movie is gonna suck because the crossguard on the weightless laser sword that can cut through anything is totally impractical and dangerous :ironicat:

All in all it was a really bad trailer because the lightsaber was literally all there was to talk about.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

All in all it was a really bad trailer because the lightsaber was literally all there was to talk about.

You didn't feel there was anything to say when you saw a bunch of overwrought lensflares then it immediately cuts to 'a film by jj abrams'?

I'll be fair... it does speak for itself somewhat.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The football droid was really cool. Should've been named G7-B1

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Was Carrie Fisher's coke problem touched on by the EU?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Chill la Chill posted:

The football droid was really cool. Should've been named G7-B1

Hahah holy poo poo.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

facebook jihad posted:

Was Carrie Fisher's coke problem touched on by the EU?

wanna buy some death sticks?

:captainpop:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Gammatron 64 posted:

All the reactions to the new star wars trailer are pretty drat funny. It's just a bunch of little clips of star wars things with no context. I saw it and was like "welp that sure looks like a star wars movie"

Some people started screaming in excitement which is loving weird because you know we've seen x-wings and the falcon and stormtroopers before, we pretty much know nothing about the new movie and the last 3 were poo poo so I dunno why you'd have very high expectations

Also funny was people trying to find something to complain about, like the lightsaber, the ball droid or a black stormtrooper

Uh... uh.... I gotta find a way to say the new star wars is totally gonna suck! Yeah, the lightsaber's dumb! Movie is gonna suck because the crossguard on the weightless laser sword that can cut through anything is totally impractical and dangerous :ironicat:

the best part of it is the star wars reactions in the RLM video about it: http://youtu.be/yBEdgPFoBjY?t=2m1s

lmao, the awkward forced clapping and guy shouting MORE MORE

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Does anyone actually externally react like that when they see something they like. I got a bit tingly when the music played and the Falcon showed up but looking at me you'd have no idea if I loved or hated the trailer.

lol "Oh yes and I forgot to mention my first name is Sheeeev."

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 31, 2014

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Gammatron 64 posted:

All the reactions to the new star wars trailer are pretty drat funny.

I'm still shocked that good ol' Claymore turned out to be a guy when they did that name reveal playing card PR push. I would have laid down some serious dough toward it being the first *gasp* woman female Sith movie character

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I thought the trailer was cool. I mainly like star wars for space cowboys and ships though. Idc about jedi much. ESB duel and sarlacc battle loving own though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Darth Labia :pervert:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

the little stubby laser cross guard is actually really dumb though it'd have looked cooler as some ornate claymore handle with a big laser coming out of it

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The force is thong with this one

E: i agree w the ornate handle sentiment though idc about the laser claymore in general.

It would actually be hilarious if after all this the movie even portrayed the light claymore as impractical

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i want to see a star wars movie where grizzled rebel insurgents take imperial officer's family members hostage and blackmail the impy officers in to subverting the empire in some way

then the rebels record proof of the subversion and blackmail the officer further until they defect out of lack of choice or get exposed and executed

also a jedi is on screen for like a second but is sprayed down at all angles with laser fire and dies screaming in anguish

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Darth Fedora, played by the Cold Steel guy

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Literal Carehaver posted:

a jedi is on screen for like a second but is sprayed down at all angles with laser fire and dies screaming in anguish

An EU Writer posted:

N.. Nuh-UH! I got class 4 magic armor that makes me immune to lasers and it totally shoots them back at you and kills you instead!!

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
They all died like chumps in RotS so it wouldn't even take that much firepower.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
If anyone want to see a much better fan edit of the prequel trilogy, here it is. There are cuts and paces that feels distracted and badly paced while some scenes and deleted scenes should have been kept.

Now the Pros :

Kid Anakin & Teenage Anakin is not annoying, whiny little bitch. I was amazed how stoic and collective he appeared to be just by cutting out the craps that made him look like poo poo.

NO 3P0 throughout the trilogy, no stupid retarded head swap battle droid sequence.

Yoda does not fight until the end of ROTS

No cringe worthy love stories and dialogue

You won' t feel ashamed watching Attack of the Clone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXL1agXVeuo

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

if yoda or the emperor still use a lightsaber its trash

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hingehead posted:

If anyone want to see a much better fan edit of the prequel trilogy, here it is. There are cuts and paces that feels distracted and badly paced while some scenes and deleted scenes should have been kept.

Now the Pros :

Kid Anakin & Teenage Anakin is not annoying, whiny little bitch. I was amazed how stoic and collective he appeared to be just by cutting out the craps that made him look like poo poo.

NO 3P0 throughout the trilogy, no stupid retarded head swap battle droid sequence.

Fan edits cannot be good because literally everything in the prequels is wrong and bad. there is not a single idea conceived or executed well. There is nothing to salvage.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
lol they kept the zooom scene where the jedi suddenly run across the scene really fast. Never to be employed again.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

Literal Carehaver posted:

also a jedi is on screen for like a second but is sprayed down at all angles with laser fire and dies screaming in anguish

seriously thought have conventional weapons ever killed a jedi in the EU or is blaster fire just irrelevant if you're holding a glowstick

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Kasonic posted:

seriously thought have conventional weapons ever killed a jedi in the EU or is blaster fire just irrelevant if you're holding a glowstick

jango fett iced a dude with his cowboy lasers like a stonecold badass but he had some serious plot armor going on

also those clone troopers i guess

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Hingehead posted:

Now the Pros :

Unfortunately my eyes still turned glassy when the opening crawl mentioned "interstellar commerce taxation."

Fan edits are basically just nerds having their fun, they don't salvage anything.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

it they invented a gun that could shoot more than one laser at once or even at an increased rate of fire jedi would be hosed

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

david... posted:

it they invented a gun that could shoot more than one laser at once or even at an increased rate of fire jedi would be hosed

what if you taped two blasters together

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
if a stormtrooper put his blaster in a jedis mouth and fired he'd still miss somehow

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Unfortunately my eyes still turned glassy when the opening crawl mentioned "interstellar commerce taxation."

Fan edits are basically just nerds having their fun, they don't salvage anything.

At least there are no heroes on both sides!

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This thread is great, and seriously brings to question why I am 2/3rds of the way through the EU novels with full intent to finish them all.

Gotta kill dem yu zun vongs!

Also needs more alien space babes.

Is there more above-average retarded species we haven't made fun of yet? I seem to recall yet another species of super intelligent cat-beaste that went and shacked up with some kid or other while he was smuggling for a plant.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Sii ruuk and yevetha are both forgetable and terrible

I thought togorians were pretty cool, for a cat race. Mainly bc the main one you read abt is basically chewie

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Kasonic posted:

In KOTOR 2, Atton describes using grenades and attacking their allies to do this.

It's not impossible to kill Jedi with conventional weapons. Just very hard. You have to completely surprise them.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Weird BIAS posted:

lol they kept the zooom scene where the jedi suddenly run across the scene really fast. Never to be employed again.

kept loads of dumb Jar Jar poo poo too that could have easily been cut

Also cuts most of the pod race which is pretty lol imo as it's some of the only good tense action in the film

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Yvetha were your run-of-the-mill blood warriors or some poo poo.

I thought it hilarious that they had an SSD and let it get STOLEN like the space-scrubs they were.

Though they gave them vongs a fight.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I enjoyed the "What if the prequels were good" videos. I mean, it totally runs off into LaLa Land because the prequels weren't good, but I liked where his head was at with story arcs.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I dont really have any understanding of that book series it always bored the gently caress out of me and i couldn't really pay attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Which movie is this I want to see some Princess Leia titties

Carrie Fisher has said that the slave outfit didn't stick to her very well and that since Anthony Daniels was standing behind her in a lot of the Jabba scenes he got a good view of pretty much everything.

• Locked thread