Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Goonbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (October 25, 1927)

Peanuts (January 2, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

So what's the "contemporary issue affecting young adults" here? It's either "being a smart rear end to decrepit middle-aged men" or "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

And yes, I'm going to keep banging on about this until the syndicate changes the description to "Remember that high school kid with the beady eyes and the shaggy mop on his head? Now he's a badly aging jowly old dude who has to have prostate exams! And the guy who draws this strip finds that endlessly fascinating!"

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 7-8, 1926)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's, but new at least.

Kliban's Cats

Uh... right. A cheese car would be kinda cool, I guess.

9 Chickweed Lane 12/30/2003

This would've worked, Brooke, if you had done it vertically. Sideways just makes it difficult. Which begs the question, can a cartoonist change up whether or not his strip is vertical, or horizontal? Kind of like what Wiley does with his daily, and Sunday versions?

Zits

Kevin & Kell

While Metro is offline for the holidays, I figured what the hell, I'll just post some random Nemi's from Google image search. This one was pretty funny:

I didn't have time this morning to sharpen it up properly, I'll do that tomorrow. That strip reminded me of this definitely :nws: (and maybe a little :nms: if you don't like drunken hurling. It's all fake, of course) vimeo video: "That's Life"

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac No edits this time, I don't think I can improve this at all.

Poptropica

Heathcliff

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I forgot, was it Family Circus or Dennis the Menace which had its first appearance of a black character be tragically racist for even the 1970s?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Wanamingo posted:

I forgot, was it Family Circus or Dennis the Menace which had its first appearance of a black character be tragically racist for even the 1970s?
That would be Dennis.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Arelon posted:

Fingerpori

Muumio = The Mummy, but I'm sure I don't need to explain the joke in Finnish...

It goes a bit further.

kasvi = plant
kasvio = herbarium (a book into which pupils collect pressed plants)
Muumi = Moomin
muumio = mummy, or in this case a moominrium

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The disappointment I feel at there being no "Tomorrow: DATE" caption is palpable.

:stonk:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tobaccrow posted:

That would be Dennis.

Haha jesus I forgot about this. That's... something, especially when you realize it was made in the 70s.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There might be such a thing as too much holiday time. I have reached a state of gingerbread and eggnog-fueled Delirium Comix.

Pooch Café

You have no idea just how alone you are, Garfield.

Ballard Street

The atmosphere almost makes it worth having to see Ballard residents in unitards.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

So, uh, it's the off-panel one there? :psyduck:

Deep Dark Fears

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Can this strip just be about Mandrake's dad now? It's a million times better like this :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Out of shape? You gained two feet of height and three-foot-wide shoulders! Even without that he doesn't look like he's got a gut, he just looks like he's slouching.

The Dinette Set only believes what they see.

Working Daze does a Dilbert joke.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wanamingo posted:

The one we don't see the entire front of to tell if it has one out front or not, yep.

We don't see its front door, so for all we know its trashcan is there.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Wanamingo posted:

I guessed the correct clue (a missing man can't take his trash to the curb) but I thought the three houses in their own panels were the only choices and guessed the blue one because the other two houses had copy/pasted trashcans.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Someone's running out of fears.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Squishy posted:

Someone's running out of fears.

He's actually drawing reader submissions.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

Why not just use the address on the search warrant? Or do they not bother to list that in Inspector Dangerville?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Howard Beale posted:

Why not just use the address on the search warrant? Or do they not bother to list that in Inspector Dangerville?

Search Warrant is the name of his crowbar.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

I still don't understand the pizza-box-sized album cases.

Calvin And Hobbes collect bats.

Ripley's

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Out of shape? You gained two feet of height and three-foot-wide shoulders! Even without that he doesn't look like he's got a gut, he just looks like he's slouching.

That last panel is so lazy. I can't draw but....

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

I still don't understand the pizza-box-sized album cases.

Opus has great taste in wall hangings. :allears:

And speaking of Pogo... (January 1, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (January 21-23, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Just have your butler swing by with the spare helicopter, problem solved.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Just imagine how frightened those lampreys will be when they get a glimpse of that Brookemouth.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes collect bats.

This happened to me, except it was a leaf collection and I didn't figure it out until people were already handing theirs in. I cried. Unlike Calvin I was a pretty organized student and to this day I have no idea how this clearly weeks-long project completely escaped my notice.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

JESUS CHRIST SHOOT HER ALREADY AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

More art complainin-- it's clear Brooke glanced at a reference picture or two of a German rifle but it's rendered pretty poorly and you would hurt yourself shooting it like that. I guess he is missing index fingers but come on.

How did I miss that she shot off his index fingers? Could it possibly be because this is an interminable story line and I have no idea who anyone is or what their motivations might be?

Oh I think that chick is named Martine Grenouille and she's a complete psycho. There was some espionage I seem to recall. That's about all I have.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Sphinxster posted:

More art complainin-- it's clear Brooke glanced at a reference picture or two of a German rifle but it's rendered pretty poorly and you would hurt yourself shooting it like that. I guess he is missing index fingers but come on.

How did I miss that she shot off his index fingers? Could it possibly be because this is an interminable story line and I have no idea who anyone is or what their motivations might be?

Oh I think that chick is named Martine Grenouille and she's a complete psycho. There was some espionage I seem to recall. That's about all I have.

What happened to that lovely comic about the ballerina's legs?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Simian_Prime posted:

Pretty much the only thing that Working Daze has over Mike Du Jour is that Zakour isn't a wife beater.

That's it.

You rang?

Mike du Jour

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Monty

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

So, those guys are going to burn to death, aren't they?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Retail

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Kammat posted:

JESUS CHRIST SHOOT HER ALREADY AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Agreeing most heartily with this.

But considering she's now suddenly untied and doesn't care that there's a rifle pointed at her head, I think we're all in for another year of the world's worst Bugs Bunny cartoon.

e: haha and how about those retail customers?? Bunch of rude jerk idiots, am I right?? And corporate, what a bunch of idiotic rude jerks, ha ha. Wow seems like everyone who comes into contact with me is a real angry rear end in a top hat, I wonder why that is

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 31, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Intelligent Life

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Man, these guys have just been going nuts with the Boris Karloff references.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Well now, that sure is a butt. I can see why Peter Griffin there has got the hots for her.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

These two are depressingly accurate.

In fact, since Feuti's from Rhode Island he's probably referring to the Rhode Island Mall, which has been empty for like 15 years or so, except for the anchor stores (two of which, WalMart and Koles, don't even open onto the mall proper). It was bought ages ago by WalMart, who've been letting the empty mall just rot out because a local major supermarket chain expressed interest in building a market there. So of course WalMart just squats on the land, not doing a drat thing with it so their competition doesn't get it.

Capitalism!

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cihuateteo posted:

In Aztec mythology, the Cihuateteo [...] were the spirits of human women who died in childbirth (mociuaquetzque.). [...] They also haunted crossroads at night, stealing children and causing sicknesses, especially seizures and madness, and seducing men to sexual misbehavior.

Time traveling Grandpa took time out of his busy schedule of seductive undead MILFs in order to celebrate with his friends :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's what it looks like when Brooke ejaculates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

• Locked thread