Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice
My brother gave me the HGUC Jagd Doga (my favorite suit from the SNES game SD Gundam X)

I had never noticed that the funky face-guard was actually a bird face. The armor plates on the arms and legs can be removed to show a partial internal frame, which is molded in some pretty sleek looking plastic. Posing is limited due to the huge legs and shoulders, but who needs that when you've got so much swag already.

and this loving knife :ese:

Philthy posted:

MG MS-06R-1A Zaku II v2.0

:whatup:

Progress on mine so far. I got it back in October and have only been working on it sporadically, but it is easily the most fun kit I've ever built. Tip for the tubes: use a fork or similar metal object to get between the bits and leverage them out of their ruts. I used the handles of a pair of forceps since the rounded edges didn't scratch the plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
For the rings on the Sinanju I wrapped tape around a kebab skewer until it was thick enough to hold them still so I could clean them up. Then I bought metal parts cos gently caress me.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
poo poo I did not expect for Christmas: The January 2015 issue of Dengeki Hobby that comes with the 1/48 scale Build Burning head display stand.

It's molded entirely in white, though. Gonna have to wait until money is better so I can paint it up all nice-like.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So, here's a Christmas gift I got for myself, courtesy of Amazon.com having it for 60% off:

Dino Getter 1, complete with my modified Getter Tomahawk. For 83 dollars shipped, it's a great figure.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I bought a backlog!

HLJ Black Friday stuff, wasn't expecting them yet.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 30, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Speaking of backlogs, my HGs of Nu, Zeta and Wing arrived. :dance:

Now I need to decide which to start with.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So I started my MG Sazabi ver. Ka last night and holy poo poo, I think my old PG Zeta had less trees. What's more, the stickers go straight up to 150, so I'm going to be doing a fair amount of painting, I'm sure. I've already had to paint the grooves in the shoulder armor, plus the usual head pieces with the mono-eye and sensor.

What's weird is that the psycoframe is a prop, there's actually no cockpit inside the figure. Structurally it makes sense, but it's still a weird decision.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The Muffinlord posted:

So I started my MG Sazabi ver. Ka last night and holy poo poo, I think my old PG Zeta had less trees. What's more, the stickers go straight up to 150, so I'm going to be doing a fair amount of painting, I'm sure. I've already had to paint the grooves in the shoulder armor, plus the usual head pieces with the mono-eye and sensor.

Yeah I got one for myself for Christmas, I'm taking a break after finishing the waist/skirt parts. That large rear part had me very nervous because of how hollow it was, I didn't want to apply too much pressure. It's a big beautiful beast though I love it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
There is a cockpit, but it's separate from the main body. They had to free up space for a LED somehow.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Speaking of backlogs, my HGs of Nu, Zeta and Wing arrived. :dance:

Now I need to decide which to start with.

Let me know how the HG Zeta is since I've been eyeballing a 1/144 scale Zeta for a while but I heard the RG sucks.

Oh and I finished my Gouf Custom

I am genuinely surprised that the chaingun doesn't appear to add any weight issues.

Now let's go hunt some Guntanks.

Unpopular opinion time: I think Norris Packard is the better Gouf pilot than Ramba Ral.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

BlitzBlast posted:

There is a cockpit, but it's separate from the main body. They had to free up space for a LED somehow.

Well, yeah, that's what I meant. There's no space for the cockpit without sacrificing something else, so they made it a prop.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Let me know how the HG Zeta is since I've been eyeballing a 1/144 scale Zeta for a while but I heard the RG sucks.

Oh and I finished my Gouf Custom

I am genuinely surprised that the chaingun doesn't appear to add any weight issues.

Now let's go hunt some Guntanks.

Unpopular opinion time: I think Norris Packard is the better Gouf pilot than Ramba Ral.

The gouf custom scenes in 08th ms team were amazing.

I also built this kit pretty early on in my collection. The minigun does add weight but you can pose the legs or lift the gun slightly to compensate. I had it posed badly and on a high shelf, over a few days it sagged and fell down.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone else have trouble getting the forearm armor onto the arms of the RG Wing Zero Custom? Bastards just won't slide up the arm frame all the way for me.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
These beauties just came in today:

e: holy poo poo, imgur didn't resize that at all
e2: Resized and rehosted

Kibner fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 30, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Zeon amphibious suit fetish.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I got a RX-160S Byarlant Custom from a local shop, and it's awesome. Here's some cellphone pics of it:

I love it's awesome little claw hands. I might get some paint for it and my g-self and nu gundams (they're coming in the mail atm).

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Kibner posted:

These beauties just came in today:

e: holy poo poo, imgur didn't resize that at all
e2: Resized and rehosted

good picks

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ka0 posted:

Zeon amphibious suit fetish.

You have no idea. I also have an Acguy, Gold Acguy, MG Acguy, Z'Gok, Gogg, and Clear Juaggu,

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's SOLID. The joints will not move unless you put significant force into it. Which is a good thing if you wanna pose it. Except for one part. The gun. It's an old HG, so it doesn't have the slot to clip the gun into, and it's grip is REALLY loose. I'm just giving it the beam sword instead, because the gun won't even point straight.

But the actual body itself is amazing. Solid joints, good balance, even with the huge backpack, colours are super vibrant. Not tried transforming it yet though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Transforming it is easy since it's a partsformer.

Biggest issue with HG Zeta are the proportions. Other then that, it's probably the most solid "modern" Zeta kit around since it's not a transforming kit.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Figuring out how to best set up the Rynex transformation until I can grab the rest of ther parts I need. lead to a really funny looking thing.

Really need to wash that bazooka at some point so I can paint it. I've had that for literally 16 years, it's looking really bad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Finally got the Throne Zwei done. Behold, my first three HGs.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kibner posted:

You have no idea. I also have an Acguy, Gold Acguy, MG Acguy, Z'Gok, Gogg, and Clear Juaggu,

You and Sharkopath are going to be best friends.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Warmachine posted:

I almost bought the 7-11 and GFT Acguys while I was on vacation in Japan last month (first international trip ever). I really didn't like the paint schemes on them, though.

I really, really like Acguy. >_>

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Warmachine posted:

The second they announce an mg hygogg or capule is the second I get an airbrush and compressor and nobody sees me ever again.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So apparently this amazing thing came out 4 years ago for $40, bombed, and now can't be found for less than $180. :negative:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Do any of the Tierens come with commander variant pieces? Because I wouldn't mind putting together one of Sergei's S1 machines.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Warmachine posted:

I want to be their friend too.
And am also wondering why they didn't get a NG Kapool yet.

Sharkopath posted:

The second they announce an mg hygogg or capule is the second I get an airbrush and compressor and nobody sees me ever again.

Hell, just give me a proper HG Kapool and I'll buy at least a half dozen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I am kind of surprised that the Capule hasn't seen any release at all since the NG one so long ago. Same with the Leo, though they finally relented with the RD a couple of years back.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Warmachine posted:

He can be my friend too, Juaggus >>>>>>>>>> any seed gundam.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Installing a new CPU cooler, lost one of the plastic bits that attaches the fan to the heatsink. "Gee, what's something of similar size and rubbery-ness?"

Gundam to the rescue!

ScottyWired fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 31, 2014

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ScottyWired posted:

Installing a new CPU cooler, lost one of the plastic bits that attaches the fan to the heatsink. "Gee, what's something of similar size and rubbery-ness?"

Gundam to the rescue!

Char's Custom overclock, three times the bus speed.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

You spoiled little brat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I worked out why I couldn't get the forearm armor on my RG WZC to just slide on. Turns out they're really scary click-in jobs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Wing Gundam might be my new favourite HG. Just a really nice little kit, everything fits together perfectly, all the joints are great, really vivid colours.

It'd be perfect as a first gunpla too, because it's fairly low parts count.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Wing Gundam might be my new favourite HG. Just a really nice little kit, everything fits together perfectly, all the joints are great, really vivid colours.

It'd be perfect as a first gunpla too, because it's fairly low parts count.

Speaking of that, I opened up my Zock kit just to take a look and it's probably not a good beginner's kit. It has six runners. Most of my other HG kits only have four. That thing has a lot of parts. I'll probably build it after I finish my MG Acguy.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Doesn't look that bad, lot of big pieces and internal frame. Plus the build instructions are only 3 pages.

dalong.net I found is very useful for checking out manuals and runners ahead of time.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Hello backlog, my old friend
I've come to speak with you again

(doesn't show the MG QUEL that I've got parts cut for and am awaiting New Year's to die down so I can begin priming/preshading/painting)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
OK I got

Musha Gundam MG
Strike Noir MG
Sengoku Astray MG
AGE-1 Razor
Build Strike Full Package
Gundam Airmaster
Exia Repair HG

Someone pick my next Mobile Suit Goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you don't have a MG Gundam X, you should get one!!!

Also you may as well pick up MG Build mkII.