Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Literal Carehaver posted:

i want to see a star wars movie where grizzled rebel insurgents take imperial officer's family members hostage and blackmail the impy officers in to subverting the empire in some way

then the rebels record proof of the subversion and blackmail the officer further until they defect out of lack of choice or get exposed and executed

also a jedi is on screen for like a second but is sprayed down at all angles with laser fire and dies screaming in anguish

I always wondered if there were like hosed up rebels. Like they bomb/or shoot up schools with imperial ties or kill families of officers or something. maybe like a suicide bomb a movie theater showing a imperial holofilm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

pengun101 posted:

I always wondered if there were like hosed up rebels. Like they bomb/or shoot up schools with imperial ties or kill families of officers or something. maybe like a suicide bomb a movie theater showing a imperial holofilm.

han dated one that was kind of a bitch

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fetus Tree posted:

han dated one that was kind of a bitch

all she did was free a planet of religious crack addicts.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

pengun101 posted:

all she did was free a planet of religious crack addicts.

she stole money from han and landed him in deep poo poo w a lot of shady people as a result

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Does anyone actually externally react like that when they see something they like. I got a bit tingly when the music played and the Falcon showed up but looking at me you'd have no idea if I loved or hated the trailer.

lol "Oh yes and I forgot to mention my first name is Sheeeev."

I didn't care at all because my interest in star wars is pretty much non-existant atm aside from this thread but if this was pre-2000ish I would've been annoyingly stoked about it. I probably will end up seeing it though

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
People in an EU thread implying they wont see the next SW movie. Come on now.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

quote:

C-3PO briefly worked as a preschool attendant at the Imperial Palace for a year, after an incident during the Emperor's Ball where he mistook the Imperial Supreme Commander Vader for a new model of Guard Droids.

Classic 3PO :rolleyes:

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

zakharov posted:

It's not impossible to kill Jedi with conventional weapons. Just very hard. You have to completely surprise them.

just blow them up with a super bazooka or some kinda acid-flamethrower

poo poo would be awesome just loving up jedi left and right gently caress your powers PEW PEW :hellyeah:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Muuns are the space Jews.

Also, why are people calling Palpatine "Sheev"?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Thats apparently his first name

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
That's his name. Sheev Palpatine. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

Thats apparently his first name

Source?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
google 'sheev'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

In the great EU novel "Darth Plagueius" they make a specific point of saying Palpatine has no other name.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sheev_Palpatine

E: i would not lie 2 u

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

Palpatine was not given a first name in any canonical or Star Wars Legends source until 2014, when the character's first name—Sheev—was revealed in the novel Tarkin by James Luceno.[18] The Lucasfilm Story Group approached Del Rey and asked if they wanted to use the name, which was created by George Lucas, in the Tarkin novel, to which Del Rey agreed.[35]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Weird BIAS posted:

Palpatine was not given a first name in any canonical or Star Wars Legends source until 2014, when the character's first name—Sheev—was revealed in the novel Tarkin by James Luceno.[18] The Lucasfilm Story Group approached Del Rey and asked if they wanted to use the name, which was created by George Lucas, in the Tarkin novel, to which Del Rey agreed.[35]

That's one of the new EU books, right, which now trump all the old ones?

Sheev it is. Good old Sheev. Hell of a guy!

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

which was created by George Lucas

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
rich chocolate palpatine

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Literal Carehaver posted:

just blow them up with a super bazooka or some kinda acid-flamethrower

poo poo would be awesome just loving up jedi left and right gently caress your powers PEW PEW :hellyeah:

those three eyed fuckers with the endless bandoleers of thermal detonators in Jedi Outcast.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Hingehead posted:

A large portion of the Death Star with IG-88 intact, jettisoned into a far off flung of the outer rim of the galaxy and into a black hole, ultimately traveling to an another galaxy of another time, the era of the battlestar galatica in the milky way galaxy. IG-88 and the death star became the cyclon, a precursor to the borgs in which they mastered time travel, going back into time , effectively changing the course of human history to the point where humanity have been led to the era of star trek instead of the battlestar galatic era as they mastered space travel and diplomacy instead of space battles.

ok but how do the cybermen fit into this

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

david... posted:

it they invented a gun that could shoot more than one laser at once or even at an increased rate of fire jedi would be hosed

Guns like these?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

redshirt posted:

That's one of the new EU books, right, which now trump all the old ones?

Sheev it is. Good old Sheev. Hell of a guy!

Apparently the idea is that now there "is" no EU. That is, there's no tiers of canon now. Everything from here on out is supposed to be equally canonical.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Guns like these?

Man I loved that episode. I wish the entire series was like this, just following the Clone Troops and Clone Commandos wrecking poo poo.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

Do any clones fall in love and have kids that grow up to become storm troopers?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Weird BIAS posted:

Do any clones fall in love and have kids that grow up to become storm troopers?

Not that I know of. In the "Republic Commando" book series a Clone Commando and a Jedi have a kid and later it becomes a Mandalorian.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Apparently the idea is that now there "is" no EU. That is, there's no tiers of canon now. Everything from here on out is supposed to be equally canonical.

I bet that this won't last very long because there is no way new Star Wars books aren't going to be just as garbage as their predecessors.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Not that I know of. In the "Republic Commando" book series a Clone Commando and a Jedi have a kid and later it becomes a Mandalorian.

Aiming high, makes sense.

whats a manablorien

*don't answer that I don't care shut up*

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i actually identify with that child as my father was a clone and my mother was a jedi and i am a mandalorian jedi :black101:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Clone/Jedi Mandalorian, is there a more obvious original character do not steal for star wars? I guess they could also be a smuggler.

People who know a lot about the EU: tell me about non-force users using lightsabers. Does it happen much? Is it at all cool or funny?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

tell me about non-force users using lightsabers. Does it happen much? Is it at all cool or funny?

Yes, no, maybe.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Clone/Jedi Mandalorian, is there a more obvious original character do not steal for star wars? I guess they could also be a smuggler.

People who know a lot about the EU: tell me about non-force users using lightsabers. Does it happen much? Is it at all cool or funny?

I don't think it is very common at all. The only instance I can think of off the top of my head was when Boba Fett used a green lightsaber when he fought Darth Vader in a comic once.

EDIT: Beaten!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
lol god drat of course that's happened, why would I ever think otherwise.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
grievous was a non-jedi wasn't he

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Neurosis posted:

grievous was a non-jedi wasn't he

He was injected with Jedi blood by mad scientists.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
boba fett doesnt need a lightsaber

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

i'm going to be so mad if *googles*

ffffffffffffffffuuuucckkkk

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

He was injected with Jedi blood by mad scientists.

Not only that, but it was Jedi master Sifo-Dyas' (yes, THAT Sifo-Dyas) blood. But it didn't work, so no force for Grievous.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

midomachines really should've been invented by griever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jace Madan posted:

Not only that, but it was Jedi master Sifo-Dyas' (yes, THAT Sifo-Dyas) blood. But it didn't work, so no force for Grievous.

I had always assumed that the plot point about Sifo-Dyas in Episode II was clearly intended as "Someone impersonating Sifo-Dyas [SIDIOUS] placed the order." Of course the EU then ran with this Sifo-Dyas character, who is never seen on-screen, and created an incomprehensible and awful backstory for him.

Fake Edit: Yeah I was right:

quote:

In early drafts of Attack of the Clones, the name of the Jedi who contacted the Kaminoans was Sido-Dyas, pointing to a likely early conceptual connection to Darth Sidious. However, interestingly, "Sifo-Dyas" appears in one place, apparently as a typing mistake (as the D and F letters are located next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard) that Lucas later preferred to the original name.[11]

In addition, "Sido-Dyas" was originally only a false identity for Sidious—Obi-Wan Kenobi claimed never to have heard of him, and Mace Windu confirmed that there was no Jedi by that name.[11]

His backstory was promised by George Lucas to be revealed in Revenge of the Sith,[12] but instead was explained in the lead-in novel Labyrinth of Evil.

• Locked thread