Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i voted for jill stein in 2012 :getin:

spoiler snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Joementum posted:

To be clear, I think Hillary wins in 2016, but if the minority vote turnout is close to what it was in any election except 2008 or 2012, she loses.

Hillary is going to get significantly more white votes than Obama. I'm not one of the optimists that sees her making as much headway in the Republican safe-zones as Bill did, but it should be by a few per cent. A several-point swing.

Specifically, she is going to take back impoverished coal fields and rust belt towns that voted lockstep Democratic for decades (even throughout the civil rights realignment) but balked at electing a black President.

She needs ~decent~ minority turnout, but I wouldn't say she needs the historic numbers Obama got.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 31, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
latin infused klezmer is good music

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

PupsOfWar posted:

Hillary is going to get significantly more white votes than Obama. I'm not one of the optimists that sees her making as much headway in the Republican safe-zones as Bill did, but it should be by a few per cent. A several-point swing.

Specifically, she is going to take back impoverished coal fields and rust belt towns that voted lockstep Democratic for decades (even throughout the civil rights realignment) but balked at electing a black President.

She needs ~decent~ minority turnout, but I wouldn't say she needs the historic numbers Obama got.

Those areas had been trending Republican even before Obama, even if he was the breaking point for them.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
There is not a single Goddamn thing about that video that isn't awesome. I completely lost it at "Kids and fat people like a lot of cheese, right?"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

R. Mute posted:

if i ever get my own baking show and i'm sure it'll happen one day, it will be called baking with expletives

i'm never taking requests again. gently caress passion fruit, worst fruit out there.

Can you actually get decent fresh passion fruit in Belgium? Seems like you're just not in the best geographic location to fully embrace the passion fruit.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Can you actually get decent fresh passion fruit in Belgium? Seems like you're just not in the best geographic location to fully embrace the passion fruit.

They get it from... Israel... :getin:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I'm glad somebody is willing to step forward and tell the truth about KFC.

Thank you, aunt Fee

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will legit campaign against Hillary Clinton

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
who here has ever eaten a feijoa

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that a Brazilian Yumbo?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
it's a fruit

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Exclamation Marx posted:

who here has ever eaten a feijoa

I think I have. Don't remember it being very impressive.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
William Wallace is actually screaming "Yumbo" at the end of Braveheart.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I am more than 30 minutes into Easy Rider, and am not impressed. Any point in spending another hour on this?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I am more than 30 minutes into Easy Rider, and am not impressed. Any point in spending another hour on this?

Nope! It'll be forgotten as boomers fade away. It's a self-indulgent mess.

Go watch Cleo From 5 to 7 instead.

edit: Though a guy does get hassled for having long hair, so maybe it'll resonate with you on a personal level :v:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sharkie posted:

Nope! It'll be forgotten as boomers fade away. It's a self-indulgent mess.

Go watch Cleo From 5 to 7 instead.

edit: Though a guy does get hassled for having long hair, so maybe it'll resonate with you on a personal level :v:

You're not kidding. Even Jack Nicholson isn't saving this trainwreck... but I'm halfway through, I guess I'll stick it out.

Also, from now on I am going to assume that anyone referring to my long hair is either jealous or wants to get into my pants. :getin:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

ReindeerF posted:

There is not a single Goddamn thing about that video that isn't awesome. I completely lost it at "Kids and fat people like a lot of cheese, right?"

Auntie Fee rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHbajQ8U8Fw

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You're not kidding. Even Jack Nicholson isn't saving this trainwreck... but I'm halfway through, I guess I'll stick it out.

Also, from now on I am going to assume that anyone referring to my long hair is either jealous or wants to get into my pants. :getin:

And by "or" you mean "and".

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

euphronius posted:

Why is Seinfeld so funny I'm still watching it and laughing the same.

slap bass

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paragon1 posted:

And by "or" you mean "and".

I wasn't using exclusive "or". :wink:

Also, a literal song that exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Inuktitut syllabics is just the coolest writing system. :swoon:

they're great because they're one of the very few writing systems that has most of modern linguistic study and graphic design knowledge behind them, and were applied to an actual language real people used.

they're basically what tolkein would have wanted his writing systems to be.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
"racism?!" kramer kramers in the door and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he kramers against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s kramering at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "I’m not a racist, that’s what’s so CRAZY about this" on the way down

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why didn't I listen to Sharkie? Wasn't worth it. Should have left off as soon as I was bored, which was like 5 minutes in, really. :smith:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why didn't I listen to Sharkie? Wasn't worth it. Should have left off as soon as I was bored, which was like 5 minutes in, really. :smith:

I used to have a thing for getting high and watching old doper movies but that one was not good.

Watch Dirty Duck or something.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Rebel Without A Cause has better use of motorcycles and disrespect for authority. Watch that instead.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Rebel Without A Cause has better use of motorcycles and disrespect for authority. Watch that instead.
It's too late. I've already wasted my time. Besides, I did watch Rebel at least once.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ha ha late sixties movie "too self indulgent" they say

East Rider is pretty great but I guess I could see how more practical minded people may be frustrated with it

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
you know what has an appropriate use of motorcycles? The Great Escape

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Berke Negri posted:

ha ha late sixties movie "too self indulgent" they say

East Rider is pretty great but I guess I could see how more practical minded people may be frustrated with it

:monocle: I'm starting to think that your Goddard avatar was self-inflicted.

ETA: Ooh, before I forget, I do hope that this, in full, without alteration, is Jon Huntsman's one and only campaign ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Wb14NZ01E

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 31, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PupsOfWar posted:

Nope.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Kerry got 41% of the white vote in 2004. Obama got 43% in 2008. Coal country is gone and Hillary ain't getting it back. You run up the vote in Cuyahoga or you lose.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
happy new year, you fucks

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That's another 17 and a half hours away if you live anywhere that actually matters.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

paragon1 posted:

That's another 17 and a half hours away if you live anywhere that actually matters.
gently caress you, we're bringing the fireworks over here!

This usually ends with the Cambodians talking to the media about praying to two headed cows and retreating a lot while the Thais inflict as many friendly fire casualties on themselves as intentional casualties on the Cambodians. Still, FIREWORKS.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/549983637337550848

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You already made your choice with this one, but for next time? Find Cruising, best Pacino cop film ever.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

The Warszawa posted:

joe not voting democratic reminds me most of olbermann's 'as a journalist i shall not vote' thing
Nate Silver doesn't vote either, which is why I'll never take him seriously.

Slate asking its writers to state how they voted is really weird, though.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

quick name a good talk show host

and charlie rose doesn't count
Craig Ferguson.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Warszawa posted:

joe not voting democratic reminds me most of olbermann's 'as a journalist i shall not vote' thing

I didn't say I didn't vote Democratic. I didn't vote for Obama. Won't for Hillary either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will get a Yumbo today friends

• Locked thread