Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Is there any major issue with downgrading to the 2.2.1 patch until the no war issue is resolved? I don't have either of the latest DLC so a downgrade shouldn't be a problem but I'm wondering if 2.2.1 had any major problems of its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Nope. That's what I'm doing. Works perfectly well with WoL.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

And you've checked and confirmed the AI can disband its levies normally in 2.2.1?

I'd just roll back and check myself but anytime I change version I have to spend 15 minutes redoing the various gamefile edits I like to use. There's probably an easier way but I am pretty :confused: about computers.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I haven't, but they seem to be declaring war just fine.

To be fair, I'm mostly Holy War-ring Muslims, and it sounded like somebody else wasn't seeing the bug on Muslim rulers either.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I've seen it on Muslim rulers. That's the only nice thing I can say about it: it does slow down the Abassid/Seljuk megablob.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just got an event that gave me the strong trait from having the Hunting focus. Didn't even know you could get genetic traits from events.

Edit: Haha, one of my friends got dragged into a civil war against me, so now he keeps sending money because he "Thinks I might need some financial help with my current war".

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 31, 2014

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Thought I'd finally become 'good' at this game as a lowly Jarl in Norway who united the Norse into Scandinavia conquered most of England and died leaving a formidable empire for his heir to inherit.

I come to this thread and realize it's all a lie. loving levy bugs in my game too. In reality I should have been poo poo stomped by a dozen more powerful nations, ignorance was bliss.

One thing I've noticed and I don't know if it's related to the bug but now when I start wars with Catholics they always get huge Knight orders siding with them adding at least 5k man stacks to save them circa 975 AD is this a normal thing?

Also Knights Templar leader has about 88k gold. That seems an awful lot.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What did 2.3 specifically add that I would lose by downgrading to 2.2.1 for the levy fix? I have both CM and WoL.

e: I guess maybe this should have been obvious, but you can't use a 2.3 save in 2.2.1. Bummer.

Bold Robot fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 31, 2014

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Neif posted:

Thought I'd finally become 'good' at this game as a lowly Jarl in Norway who united the Norse into Scandinavia conquered most of England and died leaving a formidable empire for his heir to inherit.

I come to this thread and realize it's all a lie. loving levy bugs in my game too. In reality I should have been poo poo stomped by a dozen more powerful nations, ignorance was bliss.

Yeah, only learning about the bug after getting as far as I did leaves me feeling like I've been duped.

Neif posted:

One thing I've noticed and I don't know if it's related to the bug but now when I start wars with Catholics they always get huge Knight orders siding with them adding at least 5k man stacks to save them circa 975 AD is this a normal thing?

Also Knights Templar leader has about 88k gold. That seems an awful lot.
Time isn't the only factor with those, once Crusades unlock and some key provinces are not held by Christians a number of Holy Orders can be unlocked. When you're in a defensive holy war against an infidel any holy order has no upkeep costs, and only a minor (~150) piety requirement to hire.

The Templars having a shitload of gold is normal, because there's no option to request money from them in exchange for piety. You can donate money to both the Templars and the Hospitalliers but you can only request money from the Hospitalliers.

mornhaven
Sep 10, 2011
Did they ever change it so that Catholic holy orders convert if you mend the schism?

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Odobenidae posted:

Yeah, only learning about the bug after getting as far as I did leaves me feeling like I've been duped.

Time isn't the only factor with those, once Crusades unlock and some key provinces are not held by Christians a number of Holy Orders can be unlocked. When you're in a defensive holy war against an infidel any holy order has no upkeep costs, and only a minor (~150) piety requirement to hire.

The Templars having a shitload of gold is normal, because there's no option to request money from them in exchange for piety. You can donate money to both the Templars and the Hospitalliers but you can only request money from the Hospitalliers.

Oh I just realised I'm actually the cause of some of the Knight orders being unlocked -

quote:

Crusades unlocked and either:

year is at least 1192
or one of the following counties owner is not Christian: Provence, Toulouse, Paris, Cologne or Braunschweig.

Braunschweig I captured as it has a holy site that I needed for the Germanic religion reformation. :shrek:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, what did the latest After the End update add?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what on earth...

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Nckdictator posted:

So, what did the latest After the End update add?
Mormons! And Utah.

The Mormons aren't really detailed in terms of mechanics, but they're in.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Huh? How are you able to get WoL to work with 2.2.1?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
The 480 Migration mod comes out tomorrow. I can't wait to play a count in one of the 40 new North African provinces. :allears:

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Torrannor posted:

You can only revoke cities if you have a reason as a republic. There won't be any claimants on a mayor's death, you cannot fabricate them and they are unlikely to plot against you. The only halfway viable way is to set your court chaplain to research technology and then convert to a heresy once he goes heretic. Then you can revoke the cities, and should probably convert back to your mother religion through a decision.

With WoL, the easiest way is to spy on the mayor with intrigue until you get the event where you can arrest the dude. Then you can banish him and get the city.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Huh? How are you able to get WoL to work with 2.2.1?
No idea. I installed it on the suggestion of the Devs a day or two before WoL came out, then I got WoL and the DLC worked fine. I didn't change anything. It still says "Crusader Kings 2 [beta]" in Steam.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

No idea. I installed it on the suggestion of the Devs a day or two before WoL came out, then I got WoL and the DLC worked fine. I didn't change anything. It still says "Crusader Kings 2 [beta]" in Steam.
Did you have to opt in with a beta access code? Only ones I'm seeing on my end are 2.0.4, 2.1.6, 2.2.1 and 1.111

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Have you double checked your version number and checksum in game?
Because I've had an error where Steam still thinks I'm running the Beta even when I'm not.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Schlesische posted:

Have you double checked your version number and checksum in game?
Because I've had an error where Steam still thinks I'm running the Beta even when I'm not.

Same here. I'm running 2.3 but the [Beta] tag is still there in Steam.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Yeah, I've put my current game on hold until the levy disband bug is hotfixed. :smith: Hopefully it'll be soon, I assume it's just because of the holidays that we haven't got it patched yet.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
The Paradox staff are on winter/holiday break, yeah. Just shelve the game till next week. At worst we'll have to wait till the week after next for a patch. :shrug:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Which of Ragnar's sons is the best if I want to form a empire of Britannia before Crusades kick in and I'm hosed?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Which of Ragnar's sons is the best if I want to form a empire of Britannia before Crusades kick in and I'm hosed?

Ivar the Boneless because Scotland's tribal (IIRC) at that start, and even if it isn't Scotland is mad-easy to conquer. You've got easy access to Ireland via your vassal in Dublin/going across the straits, so that should be your second kingdom/conquest target. Then wales and then England!

If you're lucky your brother in York will grab enough titles to form his own kingdom, which usually robs the de jure Kingdom of England of Northumbria, York, and Lancaster (at the least)

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Only tangentially related: I've been playing a pretty sweet Gwynedd->Wales game (although I'm waiting on the levies bug to be fixed before I continue it) where Ivar and his brother Halfdan managed to conquer all of Britain except for me. Turns out, not only are England and Scotland Skotland both small enough to call prepared invasions every ten years like clockwork, but the cooldown doesn't apply to their vassal jarls, who call their own even more frequently. Plus, apparently all of Halfdan's descendants have been sucking off the kings of Norway or something because they seem to show up every drat time too.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm here to bang wenches and slay heathens, and I don't see any wenches around. :black101:

EDIT: Credit where it's due, one of the Norse-English rulers was a pretty badass warrior-queen who managed to kill one of my kings in single combat. Too bad I had to explode her with a giant pile of poo poo to get around a truce. :(

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 31, 2014

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

nutranurse posted:

The Paradox staff are on winter/holiday break, yeah. Just shelve the game till next week. At worst we'll have to wait till the week after next for a patch. :shrug:

I think the real aggravation is that I'm going to have to play WtWSMS with broken levies today. :argh:

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

ninjahedgehog posted:

EDIT: Credit where it's due, one of the Norse-English rulers was a pretty badass warrior-queen who managed to kill one of my kings in single combat. Too bad I had to explode her with a giant pile of poo poo to get around a truce. :(

Just break the drat truces, you can raid enough stuff to get the 400 prestige required to break a truce.
Brittania is one of the best starts for a Norse Empire, since the only one you have to subjugate is your brother, the rest can be county conquests which you constantly break truces for.
You're better off with Ivar than Hafdan, since you can spend prestige for a ridiculous army, just remember to declare a new war before you finish your last one.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I'm a total idiot.

Where's the thread with a multitude of how-to-play's all rolled into one?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
When the World Stopped Making Sense: A 480 Migrational Mod by Paradox user Enlil has finally been released to the public! :woop:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/53ekzivo7aofapf/WTWSMS_MOD%282%29.7z

I've provided the link to download it.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Make sure to include the hotfixes they've already had to push out, and bear in mind that migrations don't seem to work right now.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Ofaloaf posted:

Make sure to include the hotfixes they've already had to push out, and bear in mind that migrations don't seem to work right now.

Found the link for the hotfix:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kk2vf8po68h173/WTWSMS_MOD.7z

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

When the World Stopped Making Sense: A 480 Migrational Mod

Ofaloaf posted:

migrations don't seem to work right now.

It had One Job .

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Note that it appears to be broken on macs at the moment.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

Can Muhammad still spawn Jewish? Please say yes, this is the only thing I wanted to do (watch Islam/whatever religion Muhammad spawns as spread across the middle east).

e: Oh wait, will the current bugged levies prevent this from ever happening?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Edison was a dick posted:

Just break the drat truces, you can raid enough stuff to get the 400 prestige required to break a truce.

Catholic, unfortunately, so I can't raid :( You'd think I could just say "let's send these Danish dogs back to Hell where they belong" and every Welshman alive would be clamoring for some good old-fashioned pillaging, but alas.

Although the relations penalty with pagans probably isn't a huge deal, it's not like they could possibly attack me more than they already are.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 31, 2014

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Note that it appears to be broken on macs at the moment.

Are you using case sensitive HFS+? That will probably gently caress something up, but otherwise I'm not seeing anything obvious in the mod that wouldn't work on OSX. I haven't tried it yet, but it should work.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I have a, probably dumb, question. I've been playing since vanilla but never tried this: if you are an emperor, can you hold the Papacy/Ecumenical Patriarch titles yourself without getting a game over? My first Roman empire run attempt, a few expansions back, was ruined very far in by accidentally acquiring the patriarch title as a king.

Also, I had an old pre-Charlemagne save where the Knights Hospitaller had won a crusade for Hungary many years prior and held on to the land. It's in the late 1200s now, and when I reloaded with the most recent dlc and played some, they were able to form a custom kingdom, called Knights Templar with their same flag! They have primo succession, AND the Holy order still exists as a duke level title within the kingdom, but with gavelkind succession for some reason. They turned all of Hungary into de jure land for their kingdom. I love this game

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I just had my wife get mad at me for an affair I was having with... her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

abrosheen posted:

I have a, probably dumb, question. I've been playing since vanilla but never tried this: if you are an emperor, can you hold the Papacy/Ecumenical Patriarch titles yourself without getting a game over? My first Roman empire run attempt, a few expansions back, was ruined very far in by accidentally acquiring the patriarch title as a king.

You will get a game over if you become a religious head (except for becoming Caliph of Fylkir).

• Locked thread