Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

I like it. Much better than Rageform, which was 2RR for a doublestriker. Clearly we'll be getting either a black or blue version to complete the three-card cycle.

I don't feel like digging up the preview article, but iirc it said that it's a full 5-card cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Myriad Truths posted:

I like it. Much better than Rageform, which was 2RR for a doublestriker. Clearly we'll be getting either a black or blue version to complete the three-card cycle.

A 4-mana 2/2 with Double Strike is below the curve, while a 3-mana 2/2 flier with lifelink is slightly above the curve. I guess they were worried that a 2/2 Double Striker for 1RR is too good because it can kill someone quickly if you happen to Manifest a bomb.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

What happens if you gain control of your opponent's Jeskai Infiltrator and successfully deal combat damage with it if you and your opponent are using different sleeves?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What happens if you gain control of your opponent's Jeskai Infiltrator and successfully deal combat damage with it if you and your opponent are using different sleeves?

You would exile Jeskai Infiltrator and the top card of your library, shuffle them, then manifest them both. Then, whether you're using the same sleeves or not doesn't matter, because the owner of a permanent is public information, and they're allowed to ask you which manifested card is the one they own.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jabor posted:

the owner of a permanent is public information

I did not realize this, though in retrospect I suppose it should have been obvious. Thanks!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I was clicking random on Magiccards.info and oh my god the flavor text on Symbiotic Beast.

:allears:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He has the right to bear arms

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

He has the right to bear arms

He wants flavor text this big.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Elyv posted:

Re: the earlier speculation on delve Lotus, MaRo posted on tumblr that delve is only on colored spells this block.

Literally Black Lotus 4B
Artifact
Delve
T, sacrifice Literally Black Lotus: Add 3 mana of any one color to your mana pool.

Or call it Dark Lotus since in the best case scenario it's Dark Ritual.

No, I don't actually think we're getting any kind of Delve Lotus for realsies.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Entropic posted:

Literally Black Lotus 4B
Artifact
Delve
T, sacrifice Literally Black Lotus: Add 3 mana of any one color to your mana pool.

It amounts to giving non-delve cards delve, so I don't think so. I know it would use a card an the coloured cost of it, but it still probably couldn't be fair.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yeah, I don't think we'll ever see a Delve mana rock or a Delve burn spell.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Entropic posted:

Yeah, I don't think we'll ever see a Delve mana rock or a Delve burn spell.

Harvest Pyre + Furnace of Rath :c00lbutt:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Entropic posted:

Literally Black Lotus 4B
Artifact
Delve

Dark Delve ritual would be cool

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pyrolocutus posted:

Harvest Pyre + Furnace of Rath :c00lbutt:

There's a reason they made Harvest Pyre only target creatures.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Bloodfell Ritual 7R

Add RR to your mana pool.

For each 2 cards delved this way to pay for it's mana cost, add B to your mana pool.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Delve isn't in R though.

Erdos
Dec 31, 2005
Lens of clarity is still terrible I guess but it's neat that it lets you see what you're going to manifest before you do it.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

Delve isn't in R though.

Rituals got moved from black to red long ago, so any "Delve Dark Ritual" has absolutely no chance of getting printed.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New Abzan dragon dude just got spoiled.

quote:

"Dromoka the Eternal"
3GW
Legendary Creature - Dragon
Flying

Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, Bolster 2. (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you control and put two +1/+1 counters on it.)

Don't think he's as good as Kolaghan, but he seems a pretty good draft bomb.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just under ten minutes until Ken Nagle ruins Magic for good again.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

New Abzan dragon dude just got spoiled.

Don't think he's as good as Kolaghan, but he seems a pretty good draft bomb.

Here is the quote

The Curse of countless shattered weapons, each one a failed attempt to strike her down.
-Daghatar the Relentless.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
A 5/5 Flyer for 5 is always good in limited. Thats the best I can say for that card lol.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Why arent these dragons tricolored :confused:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ah, so the cycle shares a gimmick as well? Neat.

I wonder if the RG Dragon is gonna have a similar ferocious mechanic to Heir to the Wilds?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

mcmagic posted:

A 5/5 Flyer for 5 is always good in limited. Thats the best I can say for that card lol.

If it's your only creature it's a 7/7 flyer for 5 (on the first attack). But if it's your only creature in play in limited its likely a 7/7 flyer for 5 still wont save you.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also time for some Modern Slumbering Dragon Wombo Combo fun

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Also, Wizards is about to Ruin Magic Forever™

Prepare yourselves.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I called it: it's Frontier Siege!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Gimme gimme GIMME the March FNM promo, the art rules too

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Battle Brawler is a really good aggro card.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

This whole cycle is really good. Very high picks. Like the off color cards in M15.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Fingers McLongDong posted:

t2 battle brawler t3 chief of the edge swing 4/2 first strike.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Where are you people reading the articles? I only managed to get some the other day via MaRo's tumblr, and DailyMTG isn't showing any updates newer than July for me.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Serperoth posted:

Where are you people reading the articles? I only managed to get some the other day via MaRo's tumblr, and DailyMTG isn't showing any updates newer than July for me.

Strange, the site works fine for me. I'm using Safari.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chamale posted:

This with Hornet Queen lol.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
The white one is good as a 3/1, tooling is pretty good gravy.
The blue one is a fairly good clock once the board is stalled and with its fake-wedge bonus it's extremely tough to permanently deal with.
The black one is a bear with upside, what else is there to say.
The red one isn't really playable without flash, so I wouldn't bother with it in Mardu but would take it relatively highly if I expect to be going towards Jeskai or Temur.
The green one is really boring but solid enough to play if it reliably has lifelink.

So overall I'd say the cycle ranges from playable in the right deck to first-pickable. A Good Cycle.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

mcmagic posted:

This whole cycle is really good. Very high picks. Like the off color cards in M15.

The blue one is pretty iffy, I'm not sure that one is any good. The red and green ones aren't super exciting either.

The white and black ones are both fantastic though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chamale posted:

The Dragons half of this seems really awkward given that you pretty much need to be playing it with a color that actually has fliers.

I bet this is hilarious with Hornet Queen hitting the board, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

jassi007 posted:

t2 battle brawler t3 chief of the edge swing 4/2 first strike.

That's exactly what I was thinking. T1 soldier of the pantheon also means a 3 power first strike blocker available on t2. Wizards please give me a solid 1 drop white or black warrior.

• Locked thread