Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I hate this game

combo is Proptosis + Ludovico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Dodecalypse posted:

I hate this game

combo is Proptosis + Ludovico

Proptosis always boosts damage even when the tear is far away. I think the min damage is still +30% what it would be without it.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

dude789 posted:

Proptosis always boosts damage even when the tear is far away. I think the min damage is still +30% what it would be without it.

Well I died anyway because I'm super bad at using Ludovico :downs:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dude789 posted:

if i remember correctly the damage boost is +100% at close range and +30% at the farthest, so yeah. proptosis is always a damage boost, but you have to aim better when firing further out

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

What would happen if you managed to get proptosis and lump of coal? Tears that do ridiculous amounts of damage really close to you and really far away, but average damage at an average distance? Realistically I guess proptosis would probably just override coal though.

Also I found brimstone for the first time earlier and found a fortune teller machine that gave me all of those worm trinkets. I stuck with whatever the one that made my laser square but the synergies with those are pretty rad. Carried me all the way to mom's heart and I ended up unlocking Everything Is Terrible.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
:feelsgood: to unlock Dead Boy, Platinum God, and Real Platinum God all with the same run.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So in Rebirth you can get multiple copies of items you've picked up, but you can still empty the library pool by picking those books up? What exactly is going on there?

I don't terribly mind a 2nd mr. mega on the chest, but having 2 shoop da whoops on caves II is :argh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Wrist Watch posted:

What would happen if you managed to get proptosis and lump of coal? Tears that do ridiculous amounts of damage really close to you and really far away, but average damage at an average distance? Realistically I guess proptosis would probably just override coal though.

Also I found brimstone for the first time earlier and found a fortune teller machine that gave me all of those worm trinkets. I stuck with whatever the one that made my laser square but the synergies with those are pretty rad. Carried me all the way to mom's heart and I ended up unlocking Everything Is Terrible.

In that case, it would have the opposite effect. The tears will still do a large amount of damage at short range, but now they'll do more damage at longer ranges.

It feels like Lump of Coal is the better pickup in a lot more cases since the Krampus Head nerf. Some setups really benefit from it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sanctum posted:

So in Rebirth you can get multiple copies of items you've picked up, but you can still empty the library pool by picking those books up? What exactly is going on there?

I don't terribly mind a 2nd mr. mega on the chest, but having 2 shoop da whoops on caves II is :argh:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Were you eden and started with krampus' head and were unable to find another active item so you could put it down and pick it up again?

I just had a 1h30m run with sharp plug + scapular. I had infinite re-rolls by depths II but they were always bad items. With 2 dmg/2 tear bars I really wanted at least one good item before heading into the womb. This game has a lot of items....

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

How does Ludovico works regarding to dealing damage anyway? I mean, it clearly feels like a large damage up. Do tear ups affect it in any way (more damage ticks per second or something)? I once found Ludo in the Chest having massive damage and it basically worked like a mobile Chaos Card, everything died the moment the tear touched it, including ???.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Wrist Watch posted:

Proptosis is a multipler to your base damage, while coal is a flat damage bonus. Proptosis will cause your damage to drop off, but you won't really notice if your base damage is low. In the balance you do more damage at any distance with the two together than you would without the two.

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...
Picking up Mom's Eye while I had Ipecac was not the brightest idea that run.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Maide posted:

I had a breaking run end the other day because I picked up Ipecac when I already had shielded tears. I just wanted to be able to heal myself with pyro :cry:

I should probably wait to do one until I do The Lost anyway. Does unlocking him with 3/4 seeded runs still work under the latest patch?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Maide posted:

Don't feel bad I picked up Tammy's Head with Dr Fetus the other day and didn't last 2 floors with it

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Bubba Smith posted:

:feelsgood: to unlock Dead Boy, Platinum God, and Real Platinum God all with the same run.

Do you not unlock the Boy achievements when you play as The Lost if you dont have them already?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Atomicated posted:

Do you not unlock the Boy achievements when you play as The Lost if you dont have them already?

I'm sure you do, but who would play the lost that isn't already able to get those?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This waka waka challenge is killing me. Gurdy jr. is just instant death right? Abandon all hope yea who enter here? He's exactly as spastic as before only you'll never know when he's ready to change directions because of the added momentum from your magnet tears. You are literally begging him to slam into you every time you cry.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Many of the bosses in Wakka Wakka you can beat by running in a large circle dropping tears behind you as you run. The boss will essentially be dragged through your massive line of tears, but shouldn't catch up to you,

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I tried that but gurdy would bounce around at quadruple speed pulled along by the bullets and slamming into me four times in quick succession goodbye run. I traded life twice for damage ups and it wasn't enough.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

senae posted:

I'm sure you do, but who would play the lost that isn't already able to get those?

I think he's wondering how you manage to get RPG by unlocking dead boy. To get RPG you should have to clear both the dark room and chest as the lost and whichever was done first should have given dead boy.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I got Tammy's Head on my Wakka Wakka run and that item is pretty great. Basically it just turns in to a minelayer. Get some coal and the mine gets stronger the longer it's there. Otherwise yeah that challenge for me ended up not being about shooting tears at enemies but being a reverse pacman and dragging enemies along behind me by my magnetic tears.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Somehow this happened after a dice room:

All I had to do was enter a room and hit the fire key and everything would die.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Poizen Jam posted:

Many of the bosses in Wakka Wakka you can beat by running in a large circle dropping tears behind you as you run. The boss will essentially be dragged through your massive line of tears, but shouldn't catch up to you,

That's how you're intended to do it, it's why the challenge is called Wakka Wakka; the enemies become Pac Man and you become a ghost.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Oh man finally got handed one. Suicide king from floor 1 pride, judas's shadow from devil deal. Gave keys to a bum and was given a stone chest. blowing it and him up gave me a broken ankh and fate. Then I turned into guppy.

Waka waka is so much easier when you can fly. You enter those rooms with one path and suicide bomb face guys charging you from both sides, even faster now that you're firing, and you just go over a gap and say nope. Not today, bullshit room of no escape.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Ugato posted:

I think he's wondering how you manage to get RPG by unlocking dead boy. To get RPG you should have to clear both the dark room and chest as the lost and whichever was done first should have given dead boy.

Not if you did the first final floor with 9 lives and got hit, right?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Do you guys pop fires and poops? I saw that dude who plays really well and gets posted here sometimes skip them but I always do just in case of powerups!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Darth Windu posted:

Do you guys pop fires and poops? I saw that dude who plays really well and gets posted here sometimes skip them but I always do just in case of powerups!

Depends. If I'm going for the boss rush and I don't have the petrified poop I ignore them because it wastes time for very little benefit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This is like the one game that I actually enjoy watching streams of. I've taken to watching cobaltstreak do a run before going to bed, it's oddly relaxing.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

omeg posted:

How does Ludovico works regarding to dealing damage anyway? I mean, it clearly feels like a large damage up. Do tear ups affect it in any way (more damage ticks per second or something)? I once found Ludo in the Chest having massive damage and it basically worked like a mobile Chaos Card, everything died the moment the tear touched it, including ???.

I dunno how Tears Up affects Ludovico, if at all. But I DO like how, unlike most of the drastic tear-changing effects, shot speed DOES affect how fast it moves around the screen.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
So is it true that only one secret room spawns on the first floor? Because this happened:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what no

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Hmm, i could swear I read that somewhere. Oh well

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
One is your secret room and one is the super secret. Always two secret rooms per floor.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Real Platinum God, at last. The greatest hurdle was not The Lost, or lovely RNG, or unavoidable damage. Nor was it obtaining a meat boy/bandage girl.

No, the greatest challenge in Real Platinum God was making Steven appear in the basement. In almost 500 runs he never showed up once. I spent over 3 hours today running the basement over and over and over. I was about to give up and he finally appeared.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does little steven show up as your final achievement on steam?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does little steven show up as your final achievement on steam?

No, Steven was the only item I'd never seen, and I realized it's because I've never seen Steven the boss outside of the arena

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Can broken remote teleport you to an I am error room?

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Sanctum posted:

I can't tell you with one hundred percent confidence that it never does, but people in this thread have consistently reported using it like two hundred times to find out the answer to this question without it ever happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Sanctum posted:

I've been trying for a long time once but it never happened. :smith: