Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Waterhaul posted:

Another Natasha suit that's too small for her so she can't zip it up fully :negative:

Natasha's one weakness is her fear of getting her chin caught in the zipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's a honeypot, tits need to be on display.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work when you have glowing blue tron lines, giant gauntlets and giant shock sticks, unless you are targeting the most specific fetish ever.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is BSS, it works like a motherfucker.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have you ever worn a full leather body suit? Hot as hell in those things, she has to keep her cleavage exposed or she'll overheat and pass out

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Grendels Dad posted:

Natasha's one weakness is her fear of getting her chin caught in the zipper.

I would accept this if each bad guy fight began with her politely requesting to please not shoot/stab her in either the face or chest.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Waterhaul posted:

I would accept this if each bad guy fight began with her politely requesting to please not shoot/stab her in either the face or chest.

The pain of having your chin caught in a zipper is rather specific and exquisite. What, have you never been three years old?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It looks semi-practical in terms of being zipped down, but maybe I've just set the bar so low after seeing Catwoman zip up (or down) to her pelvis.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ufarn posted:

Ah, so that's what that graphic meant by "can shift body density". I'm bad at superhero speak.

He can either become super dense so that he's nearly invulnerable, or the opposite where he can pass through stuff because he's not even air.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

IUG posted:

He can either become super dense so that he's nearly invulnerable,

Oh, that's why Dark_Tzitzimine does that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Oh, that's why Dark_Tzitzimine does that.
:vince:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So I read that Dr. Strange book everyone has been pointing to as supposedly pretty good and a likely candidate for film adaptation (The Oath), and I have to say I was underwhelmed. It doesn't do anything interesting with its premise, its portrayal of magic is excruciatingly unimaginative, and it just sort of makes Dr. Strange look dull and weak. Reed Richards has a more magical life than Strange.

That book needed a serious injection of Alan Moore or Grant Morrison. It lacked any of the psychonautic weirdness, transgressiveness, or subersiveness that makes magic feel different and fun in comics. And on a more personal note, I grew rather annoyed with Strange continually belittling Night Nurse; calling her "my dear," being surprised that she was medically proficient, telling her how to wear her hair... It just seemed awfully regressive for a dude who should be on the furthest reaches of human understanding.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IUG posted:

He can either become super dense so that he's nearly invulnerable, or the opposite where he can pass through stuff because he's not even air.

Seriously have you guys never read/seen Justice League? Ayayay.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

So I read that Dr. Strange book everyone has been pointing to as supposedly pretty good and a likely candidate for film adaptation (The Oath), and I have to say I was underwhelmed. It doesn't do anything interesting with its premise, its portrayal of magic is excruciatingly unimaginative, and it just sort of makes Dr. Strange look dull and weak. Reed Richards has a more magical life than Strange.

I haven't heard the Oath as a likely adaptation.

The one that's been teased is Into Shamballa.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

calling her "my dear," being surprised that she was medically proficient, telling her how to wear her hair... It just seemed awfully regressive for a dude who should be on the furthest reaches of human understanding.

Dr. Strange has always been like this. He's also dated his medical students. In fact, a common complaint of RDJ's portrayal of Iron Man back when it started was he played him too much like Dr. Strange. Stark was always an rear end in a top hat business man, Strange was a smarmy cock and womanizer.

So alot of stories involving him will have this element, even recent ones like Matt Fraction's Defenders had him acting this way.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hasn't Stark also always been portrayed as a womanizer though? I've always thought Stark was basically Bruce Wayne but instead of being an act, he's actually like that.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Hasn't Stark also always been portrayed as a womanizer though? I've always thought Stark was basically Bruce Wayne but instead of being an act, he's actually like that.

In a way, but not like in the movies. He wasn't really clever or as charming. It's hard to explain, but Stark written before the movies and after has some major notable differences in his approach.

Both are cool though, and I'm really interested to how they depict Strange in the films to not just make him "Stark but magic"

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The problem with the Oath being an intro story is it's purposely written so Dr Strange can't just plot device away a threat. It is a good story but part of why it is good is because too many writers use Strange to end stories with nonsensical magic whammy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems like density shifting should be quite a bit beyond what MCU Stark and Banner are capable of.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It seems like density shifting should be quite a bit beyond what MCU Stark and Banner are capable of.

Tony Stark created a clean super energy source in a cave. With a box of scraps.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"Ant-Sized" trailer for Ant-Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjhJf1R4k4

I thought it was funny as an idea, but I still have no confidence in this movie as of yet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aphrodite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony figured out how to do it with the intent of building it into an armor of his, only to find out it doesn't play well with organic bits. So with Vision he has a chance to trot out his tech that wasn't usable due to being a dude in a suit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

The problem with the Oath being an intro story is it's purposely written so Dr Strange can't just plot device away a threat. It is a good story but part of why it is good is because too many writers use Strange to end stories with nonsensical magic whammy.

I don't know, these days Strange didn't magic whammy problems away, he just gets owned over and over while the Avengers or some other superhero saves the day.

Frankly so long as the Dr Strange movie doesn't end with him getting his rear end beat until [other MCU cameo actor] has to bail him out, I think it'll be a swell flick.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 2, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's the New Avengers where he is beating rear end so much he has to be bailed out. That's kind of different.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Aphrodite posted:

There's the New Avengers where he is beating rear end so much he has to be bailed out. That's kind of different.

And then they killed a planet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soylentbits posted:

Dr Strange right now in the MU is scary powerful and is working on a multi-verse playfield. I'm going to be so pissed when they de-power him so he gets chumped by Magick or worse again :negative:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Soylentbits posted:

The planet that he was killing for them.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dr Strange right now in the MU is scary powerful and is working on a multi-verse playfield. I'm going to be so pissed when they de-power him so he gets chumped by Magick or worse again :negative:

Dr.Strange will never match the power of being a bunch of writer's wank bait during their teen years.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 2, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Strange would probably try to bang Magik long before they got into a fight.

BTW, #1 character I want to see in X-men Apocalypse. That and Cyclops getting to actually do stuff.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Strange is in the unfortunate position of being canonically really powerful without being really popular, making him the perfect Worf of the entire MU.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

IUG posted:

I thought it was funny as an idea, but I still have no confidence in this movie as of yet.

I doubt it will be a terrible film, but man they spent so much time and money and went through such a messy production process for a movie that no one wanted in the first place. Other than Edgar Wright I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It probably will be fine, and probably fun, but it won't be a huge cultural moment like Guardians or Avengers. Though every armchair critic will say Marvel has lost its touch and blah blah blah doom and gloom, because everyone wants to be the first person to have said "it sucked!".

Then Dr Strange will be amazing and Ant Man will be forgotten like Incredible Hulk.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I just want Ant-Man to do well enough that I get to see Jeremy Renner shoot Paul Rudd on an arrow :allears:

As for Strange, I realize Mordo would be the best enemy for an origin movie but I really hope they laid the foundation for some of the batshit magic stuff in the Marvel universe. Master Pandemonium for Strange 2, give me some live action demon baby hands!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It kinda sucks the Juggernaut is part of the X-Men poo poo but having something like Cyttorak as a villain would be awesome. As would Many Angled Ones. Or Shuma Gorath.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

IUG posted:

"Ant-Sized" trailer for Ant-Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjhJf1R4k4

Somebody leaked the fullsized version. :ssh: may not actually be the real trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQevaXj3tQ

Interesting new direction, I think.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 3, 2015

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

It probably will be fine, and probably fun, but it won't be a huge cultural moment like Guardians or Avengers. Though every armchair critic will say Marvel has lost its touch and blah blah blah doom and gloom, because everyone wants to be the first person to have said "it sucked!".

Sort of like Cars 2, then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a reminder that people were saying pretty much the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Just a reminder that people were saying pretty much the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out.

Nah.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

"A huge cultural moment like Guardians or Avengers."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

People right here in the thread were certain GotG was going to be the beginning of the end for Marvel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Somebody leaked the fullsized version. :ssh: may not actually be the real trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQevaXj3tQ

Interesting new direction, I think.

Oh poo poo, is that alien at the end a Skrull?

• Locked thread