Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

GTO posted:

Yes, looks like there is a spot open in Pizza Dog.
Cool
In as StumblyWumbly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Does anyone know how many pvp events are left in the season including the current Mohawk Storm one?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I quit the game around the Punisher/Daredevil/Hulk releases because they nerfed the gently caress out of Thor and Wolverine and it was borderline impossible for me to do any progression. Has the game gotten better in any way? If so maybe I can post what I have and get some opinions on what to do? it seems like lots of my unit levels went down for some reason..

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

AnonSpore posted:

Does anyone know how many pvp events are left in the season including the current Mohawk Storm one?

6 1/2 days left in the current season, probably 2 more after Mohawk, so 3 events including

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Looking for a "try slightly harder" goon group to join - currently in Agents if GOON, but it looks like only about half of the members even log in once a week any more...

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I wouldn't mind a little more try harder group either. I'm not a hardcore player, but I play every day, hit the PVE progression rewards and average over 500 per PVP event, more if there's a cover I want/need. I'm not looking for top 100 or anything, but maybe somewhere that can hit top 500 for a little extra HP once in a while.

This game still pisses me off though, my PVP bracket has shamsali75 in it, who is currently sitting at 4099 points. Such bullshit.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
So now Luke Cage, huh? No Sweet Christmas special move, so he sucks.
Anyone else wish they'd add a few new 1-star characters?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

They should make Bagman a 1-star.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Bob Socko posted:

They should make Bagman a 1-star.

Nah they should make him a 4* and top prize for events, might reduce some of the crazy grinding people do.

I did like the survival nodes in the last event though, made it feel less grindy as you could get almost 10k points for doing them and you had to think about how you played more.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Don't think I saw it discussed in the thread yet, but apparently 2015 is the year of 4 stars. The 3 star field is saturated so clearly the solution is to push out gobs of even rarer characters every few weeks. :downsbravo:

Game has been crashing really bad for me ever since the latest update, usually when I lose internet connection during a fight or it switches between Wi-Fi/4g/3g. It's pretty much unplayable unless I'm at home now and even then it just randomly crashes sometimes. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just too bloated for my phone to handle at this point?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I could see that working but only if they make 3* characters easier to get - eg by making some of the tokens give guaranteed 3* drops. Effectively making 4* the new 3*.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Just crashed three times in a row on the same fight. Every time Loki's Mischief was triggered the game poo poo itself and died. I'm out of health packs and my dudes are hurting. Is seriously no one else having this problem since the update? I checked their forums but a lot of times they'll get rid of boards in the bugs subforum so I don't know if people there were complaining.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, Patch+Elektra is awesome in the lightning rounds. poo poo out a ton of strike tiles, steal a couple of them, And then they kill themselves on Shadow Strike.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GTO posted:

I could see that working but only if they make 3* characters easier to get - eg by making some of the tokens give guaranteed 3* drops. Effectively making 4* the new 3*.

Cant see them doing that since the lightning rounds used to do that ages ago, but they took that out.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
New round of player-voted character rankings is out. The write-up makes for a nice companion piece to NP's transition guide:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21083

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

JohnnySmitch posted:

Looking for a "try slightly harder" goon group to join - currently in Agents if GOON, but it looks like only about half of the members even log in once a week any more...

You can join Bounce House if you want... we consistently get 13-16 players to play daily.... extremely rare to see 20 though. Lmk

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Got a Blue/Yellow Falcon from scoring top 25 in a Category 5 PvP bracket :toot:

Immediately tried it out with Iron Man and Wolverine and kept matching yellows for constant boosts to those strike/protect tiles. Pretty good combo so far.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Falcon is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. I have him at 2/4/2 now and redwing will grab countdown tiles now. Combine him with a strike tile dealer and he's awesome. Awolvie, Daken, and Falcon can make short work of goons

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And then skipdogg was the goons.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there anything here I should level up/ toss? I have a blue Falcon thing and he seems more useful than say my Spiderman or Daredevil

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Toss 2* Marvel.

Also, about PVE gameplay: if you want to win the 3* placement covers, don't even select a time and only enter in the last 1-2 days. (unless you're okay with 7 days of non-stop grinding)
If you don't need that particular cover feel free to join early and beat the nodes to get ISO and progression rewards.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there a Goon alliance I can join?

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Dizz posted:

Is there a Goon alliance I can join?

I can make a spot for you in Bounce House if you want... we're pretty casual though.. about 13-16 players on average play daily. Lemme know if you want in and I'll boot some less active non goon members.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

bouncyman posted:

I can make a spot for you in Bounce House if you want... we're pretty casual though.. about 13-16 players on average play daily. Lemme know if you want in and I'll boot some less active non goon members.

I'l be interested in joining if there's an inactive goon, It's fine regardless.

E: 2* Daken still good? got one of his things, need help on who to toss though.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 2, 2015

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

2* Daken is great. The addition of a 3rd power for him made him top tier in both his 2* and 3* variations

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

2* Daken is great. The addition of a 3rd power for him made him top tier in both his 2* and 3* variations

Maybe I can drop my 3/3/3 2* storm for him but I might be lucky enough to get 75 coins soon for another expansion. I'l be sure to keep any other Daken covers.

Also I won 2 Patch covers last night so I can now start levelling up that Wolverine as well.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Remember that any 3* that you trash just limits you that much more in essential nodes or pvp

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Is it worth it to spend extra ISO to draw crappy cards on the of chance I get something good?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Remember that any 3* that you trash just limits you that much more in essential nodes or pvp

To add to this point: the way the game is working right now, discarding any 3* is probably a mistake, because 2* fall like candy from a pinata out of lightning rounds/pvp, AND the devs have shown a tendency to rehabilitate lovely 3* and nerf overpowered ones. Thus, the premium currency for a young roster is a 3* token, which may or may not turn into something cool the longer you play.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Dizz posted:

I'l be interested in joining if there's an inactive goon, It's fine regardless.

spot opened. go ahead and request an invite

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

bouncyman posted:

spot opened. go ahead and request an invite

Joined as DIZZ_SA

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

StumblyWumbly posted:

Is it worth it to spend extra ISO to draw crappy cards on the of chance I get something good?
No. Use the ISO to level up your best guys. You will be swimming in lovely recruit tokens if you keep playing.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Syrinxx posted:

No. Use the ISO to level up your best guys. You will be swimming in lovely recruit tokens if you keep playing.

lovely recruit tokens that, after not long playing, mostly get you covers you don't need that you'll sell for ISO. Standard tokens mostly exist to generate ISO (and, very rarely, useful covers; some of my X-Force covers were from standard tokens); don't spend ISO on them.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

StumblyWumbly posted:

Only if you have a lot of extra Iso. I spend like 5-10k a week on it and have decent success but I think I'm just really lucky. I was getting a few 3 stars a week for about a month but it's slowed down a little the past couple of weeks. I'm also grinding a lot less which means a lot less pulls overall and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Got the game working again on my phone. My season ten pack was all 2*s but I got my first Thoress from a Falcon tournament token so the night wasn't a complete loss. I wonder if they'll ever use the current 4*s in events again or of they're just gonna rot in my roster.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ugh I'm so close to getting better rewards from these rounds but it keeps matching me up against level 100+ people. My highest level is a freaking 72 Black Widow!

Update: currently #10 in Cage Match. I'm sure it's gonna go down in the 7-9 hours it has left.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 4, 2015

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Any other goon alliances open? Mine is pretty dead. Got a mess of 3*s and such.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I went from top 10 in cage match to top 25 while I was sleeping. I got two Mystique covers and need 25 coins to get another roster thing.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 5, 2015

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Whoa Doctor Doom got a crazy New third power. Every turn he passively places a purple trap tile and for 10 purple ap he does X damage + X for each trap tile and destroys all his traps. Really pushing these trap tiles lately but at least it's another use for purple ap.
Was Doctor Doom really that underpowered that he needed this really obnoxious third move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

21st Cherry boy posted:

Whoa Doctor Doom got a crazy New third power. Every turn he passively places a purple trap tile and for 10 purple ap he does X damage + X for each trap tile and destroys all his traps. Really pushing these trap tiles lately but at least it's another use for purple ap.
Was Doctor Doom really that underpowered that he needed this really obnoxious third move?
Everyone needed a third move. Doom had 1.5 cool abilities so hopefully this one will make him a viable character. I'm also looking forward to Bullseye's :getin: