Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Onmi posted:

I would pop for Kenshiro Ring-gear.

I would mark out hard if he came out for a Wrestlemania with the Kenshiro jacket and shoulderpad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Madtrixr posted:

I would mark out hard if he came out for a Wrestlemania as Jonathan Joestar with Sandow as Speedwagon

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Only if Sandow has a Microphone so he can do the Speedwagon thing of explaining everything that's going on to the Audience... We just need someone to play Dio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muOVF89VfLw

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Onmi posted:

We just need someone to play Dio

Yo, it's me, it's me, it WAS ME, DIO.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Having just started watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I'm confused by how its not referenced more in wrestling. Its the kind of babyface/heel saga that bookers would go nuts over.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

coconono posted:

Having just started watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I'm confused by how its not referenced more in wrestling. Its the kind of babyface/heel saga that bookers would go nuts over.

I'd pay Real Cash Money for a program on the Network that was just Dusty, Nash, and Sullivan sitting around watching anime for booking ideas.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Require More Fire posted:

I'd pay Real Cash Money for a program on the Network that was just Dusty, Nash, and Sullivan sitting around watching anime for booking ideas.

"Punk already did the Pipebomb 'gently caress this business angle' and King already did the opening act, we gotta stop using End of Evangelion for ideas people"

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but according to JR's twitter, his guest on his podcast next week is Dixie Carter.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

John Cena comes out next week on Raw with a cardboard V taped to his forehead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Passion of the Cena 4: Same as all the other ones but this time Cena spends the entire fight with his hands in the air.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ilyich posted:

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but according to JR's twitter, his guest on his podcast next week is Dixie Carter.

Late Xmas present from JR.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ilyich posted:

I'm not sure if that'll be more entertaining than Konnan needling JJ for backstage dirt. But it should come close!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ilyich posted:

possible new japan and tna partnership???

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TNA Mecca posted:

possible new japan and tna partnership???

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I hope that JR asks her about what she thinks of Bill Watts's booking philosophy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

New Japan would voluntarily fold before it worked with TNA again.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just listened to the latest Piper's Pit with Jim Ross. The plug at the end was great.

Piper: "and you will be doing commentary for uh N.. J.. P.. W's Wrestling Kingdom 9 on January 4th. That's gonna be in... is that in Nashvillle?"

Ross: "Tokyo."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave on lastnight's observer.

"That Pride 1 review is great, I mean, called it :smug:"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I didn't see a thread for shoot interviews, but the Highspots interview with Cliff Compton and Sex Ferguson is worth watching. I don't get tired of Gallows' antics.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JR's podcast with Bryan Alvarez is up.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan posted:

JR's podcast with Bryan Alvarez is up.

If you don't want to have him scream in your ear about selling, 23:25

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

If you don't want to have him scream in your ear about selling, 23:25

Is he selling skittles?

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Akileese posted:

Is he selling skittles?

Sonic Route 44 DIET Peach Sweet Tea.

Seriously though, that guy latches onto something and rants about it hard. So far I can remember ROH Production Values/Sinclair Advertising, ROH workers slowing down their matches to let them breathe, Selling, I'm sure there are a few more I'm forgetting.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Viper_3000 posted:

Sonic Route 44 DIET Peach Sweet Tea.

Seriously though, that guy latches onto something and rants about it hard. So far I can remember ROH Production Values/Sinclair Advertising, ROH workers slowing down their matches to let them breathe, Selling, I'm sure there are a few more I'm forgetting.

CLOSEd FIsTs EXPOSING THE BUSINESS!!!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I don't listen to JR's podcast but has he ever asked any question that could be qualified above "medium softball" to anyone still tangentially involved in the business

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
There are no rules so how are the heels going to cheat?

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Mob posted:

I don't listen to JR's podcast but has he ever asked any question that could be qualified above "medium softball" to anyone still tangentially involved in the business

He doesn't ask anything above a medium softball to anyone. Look at Vader for example, he very gently brought up steroids and never pressed him on the bullshit answer he gave at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Viper_3000 posted:

He doesn't ask anything above a medium softball to anyone. Look at Vader for example, he very gently brought up steroids and never pressed him on the bullshit answer he gave at all.

JR is not a good podcaster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Vinny's enthusiasm for Raw was very endearing. :unsmith:

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

coconono posted:

JR is not a good podcaster.

He'd be great if he just cornered the market in talking about the territory days with guests from back then. His best stuff is when he tells stories about working for Watts.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'd pay money to listen to JR interview Sex Ferguson.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Viper_3000 posted:

He'd be great if he just cornered the market in talking about the territory days with guests from back then. His best stuff is when he tells stories about working for Watts.

I like Piper's territory stories better. The bit about getting banned from Japan for life is the best.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JR is also really bad at shilling his sponsors' products. There's just no way that man buys his wife luxury strawberries off of the Internet, no matter what he tells me

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

JR is also really bad at shilling his sponsors' products. There's just no way that man buys his wife luxury strawberries off of the Internet, no matter what he tells me

He never drank a Duff in his life! :argh:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Vinny's enthusiasm for Raw was very endearing. :unsmith:

Being far less sick and having a less bad show to watch did wonders for him. Then he said that cringeworthy line about the Benoit/Regal match on Nitro.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CVagts posted:

Being far less sick and having a less bad show to watch did wonders for him. Then he said that cringeworthy line about the Benoit/Regal match on Nitro.

HIS LIFE WAS IN HIS HANDS

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Here is a funny bit from Bill Burrs podcast when Sherris Berries tried to sponsor him

http://youtu.be/Rl5JDzvkEA0

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

First new AOW of the year is the Bullet Club, Anderson and Gallows.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
JR is a good talker, but he's not a good interviewer. But then do any of the other podcasters really throw hardball questions out there? I think Jericho and Austin are much better and getting people to open up to things without questioning them heavily. It's one of Austin's best skills actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"... and you said a reason you wouldn't believe. What was that reason."

"... I don't remember"

"DAMNITTTTTTTTTTT!"

• Locked thread