Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

F-2 because gently caress everybody and burn them to the ground.

For mysteries, this verbatim

Tyrone Biggums posted:

Deb - I like to believe she's just a jaded radio host who's heard it all and she is completely 100% non-supernatural.
The Voermans - The twins aren't really twins at all. Therese was an only child who was molested by her father and Jeanette was an imaginary friend she invented to cope. Therese shot her father, got thrown in an asylum, and at some point got embraced by a Malkavian. And then for some stupid reason she commissions a painting of herself, Jeanette, and Daddy Voerman and hangs it in her office at the club.
Sire - Dusted.
Friend - I imagined it was just Mitnick loving with you the entire game. Seems like something he'd do \:v:/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Tossing out two votes here, and pick whichever fits better

Strauss - as pretty much everyone has said, he's played it straight with us all the time and regardless of possible allies, Melissa is still of clan Ventrue and deep down probably prefers organization where she can gather practical power as opposed to Anarch approach of trading boons.

gently caress everything 2 - that dangerously low humanity could lead to conclusion of "gently caress it, I'm going to get some power here and now". And odds of an Antediluvian being there outweigh any risk of backfiring.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

F1. Because seriously, gently caress everyone.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Now that we've finally seen the werewolf fight, I have to say it's a bit of a wasted opportunity to give the Gangrel character something unique to do. Back when I played Vampire, I recall having read that Gangrel are...not exactly friends with werewolves, but the latter tend to go easy on them since they are both animalistic shapechangers. It wouldn't have to be much--just have the werewolf pause for a second and give the PC the chance to talk his or her way out of the situation--but as it stands Gangrel are really the only clan without any unique interactions. I mean the only high-profile Gangrel in the game is Beckett, and he doesn't really care what the PC's lineage is.
Actually, there are a couple of unique and potentially very worthwhile interactions with Beckett for a Gangrel.

Other than that the only one I can think of offhand is Tung, and IIRC he has one for everyone.

Pickled Tink posted:

F-3 - The secret ending. You will know it when you see it, provided you did something earlier.
… OK, yeah, striking previous and changing my vote to F-3.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
D - Strauss. We're Ventrue, but LaCroix is a dick.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I might toss in a vote for

Side with the Strauss.

Deb - Vampire - I vaguely remember listening to the audio a long time ago, and she basically cuts him off as she's got something she needs to take care of. Gomez, probably.

Voermans - Tyrone's theory is how I've always seen it.

Sire - Dead. Don't we see him staked and executed at the start?

Graut - Always thought he was dead. Theory he's still alive could work, but it also could not.

Friend - Either Gary, or Graut if he's still alive

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
"Zebra wouldn't have lied to me," Fat said.
"There is no 'Zebra,' " I said. "It's yourself. Don't you recognize your own self? It's you and only you, projecting your unanswered wishes out, unfulfilled desires left over after Gloria did herself in. You couldn't fill the vacuum with reality so you filled it with fantasy; it was psychological compensation for a fruitless, wasted, empty, pain-filled life and I don't see why you don't finally now loving give up; you're like Kevin's cat: you're stupid. That is the beginning and the end of it. Okay?"
"You rob me of hope."
"I rob you of nothing because there is nothing."
"Is all this so? You think so? Really?"
I said, "I know so."
. . .
"Go away, Fat," I said. "Go to South America. Go back up to Sonoma and apply for residence at the Lamptons' commune, unless they've given up, which I doubt. Madness has its own dynamism; it just goes on." Getting to my feet I walked over and stuck my hand against his chest. "The girl is dead, Gloria is dead; nothing will restore her."
"Sometimes I dream-"
"I'll put that on your gravestone."

gently caress it all: F-1.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
F-1. Bugger it. Mostly out of spite at this point. Hurl the bloody sarcophagus key into the ocean, and kick the box itself out of Lacroix's penthouse windows.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ZeeToo posted:

e: Also, you missed giving us your personal pro/cons on the Kuei-Jin.

No, I did, just in the previous update. The gist was "nah".

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Ah, the Dragon's Breath. The only thing I know about it is that crashed the game every time I tried to use it.

Also from the day you were sired you've been someone's butt monkey. Do we honestly believe any of these guy would have your back if they didn't need you to get a jar off the shelf or something? gently caress em all and gently caress their box.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is the Dragon's Breath a WESP addition? I don't remember it being in the game.

I'm not going to influence the vote, but I will say that the ending I chose had me giggling for the better part of a day the first time I saw it.

AutistTree
Mar 28, 2010
There's only one way we're going to survive - side with Strauss

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
F-1. gently caress the man, gently caress the little guy, gently caress the Sabbat and the Keui-jin. gently caress L. A, but most importantly of all, gently caress anyone who wants that stupid box!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Anarchs, they've played straight with you and you've got enough persuade to get them to follow you and make them think it was their idea.

No siding with Voerman ending?

The Voerman Sisters are sisters. Still.
They're loving with you, because it's funny, and because it's a great alibi if the Prince's hatchetlady&snoop 'knows' that you're just one crazy Malkavian, not a pair of Malkavians who are crazy like foxes.
:drac: Well, I was at a soiree with Therese, so Jeanette going on a killing spree must have been another Kuei-Jin shapeshifter.
:monocle::hf::j:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

A because the Anarchs haven't really given you a reason to hate them yet besides 'vampires are assholes' and Strauss is a wizard and you can't trust wizards.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Ghetto Prince posted:

gently caress this uncomfortable loving taxi seat.

Playing as a Malkavian, you have the option to sit in the back seat of the taxi and scream. And scream. And keep on screaming for a very long time. Eventually the taxi driver loses his patience and (IIRC) snaps at you to STFD and STFU.

I find it interesting that nobody in LA seems to know or care anything about your sire, which makes me think he/she's being punished not only for making a childe but also roaming around someone else's domain without proper etiquette or introductions. I also wish the vampire-related quests like the plaguebearers, the thin bloods, Rolf Toten, Patti, etc. extended beyond the first half of the game. McD was right: the beginning of the game is amazing and the sewers and everything after's just tedious.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
I wouldn't say *everything*. They're definitely swamped by the unappealing combat sequences, but there are some genuine highlights of the game that take place after the sewers. The wereshark, some of the more bizarre characters around Chinatown...and, of course, the werewolf sequence, which really does have great pacing and a neat sense of dread.

And then there's the other stuff.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

GuyUpNorth posted:

Strauss - as pretty much everyone has said, he's played it straight with us all the time and regardless of possible allies, Melissa is still of clan Ventrue and deep down probably prefers organization where she can gather practical power as opposed to Anarch approach of trading boons.

gently caress everything 2 - that dangerously low humanity could lead to conclusion of "gently caress it, I'm going to get some power here and now". And odds of an Antediluvian being there outweigh any risk of backfiring.

Of course, those who've consumed someone too far above their power have been known to take on mannerisms of their victims... and more. :spooky: Come fully to the Strauss side, neonate.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TheMcD posted:

I celebrate the occasion by getting Fortitude 5. Tankiest tank that ever god drat tanked.

I've yet to play tabletop VtM, but I was under the impression that one's Soak rating for most things was Stamina + Fortitude. While you've got 5 points in Fortitude, you've only got 1 in Stamina. Wouldn't it have been cheaper XP-wise to split the values between both?

Granted, Fortitude offers more Soak options than Stamina, but it'd still make sense to invest at least a few points in the latter.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ShadowCatboy posted:

I've yet to play tabletop VtM, but I was under the impression that one's Soak rating for most things was Stamina + Fortitude. While you've got 5 points in Fortitude, you've only got 1 in Stamina. Wouldn't it have been cheaper XP-wise to split the values between both?

Granted, Fortitude offers more Soak options than Stamina, but it'd still make sense to invest at least a few points in the latter.

Eh, at this point, a whole bunch of stuff that would fall under Bashing Soak just pings off of Melissa, so I prefer getting another point of Fortitude for that extra Lethal and Aggravated Soak.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

GuyUpNorth posted:

Kinda where I'm coming from. But in the final analysis, I fall down on the side of F2. Let's burn this rotten motherfucker of a town to the ground. We've been manipulated, scorned, and betrayed at every turn, and while Strauss is less apparently a dick, he's still a Tremere. I think Jack would approve of us trying to nuke the place.

Deb, I suspect, is a ghoul. If you were the Cam, you'd want a ghoul in that job, just to be sure. Gomez is probably freshly-Nosferatu, though. He seems to be good at worming out secrets.

Our Friend, to my mind, is the Taxi driver, for reasons which I'm sure will be made clear at some point.

Jeanette & Therese -- wildly implausible, but I like to imagine that they were a pair of individuals who were embraced together and then spliced, either thaumaturgically or via the Madness Network. Their other halves are also spliced, and live in Miami. They switch bodies at the same time, but only have access to that body's memory when they're in it.

As for our sire, I suspect Melissa was part of a power-play, but he underestimated La Croix's lack of political savvy. Like the answer, my friends, he's just blowing in the wind.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

F-1

This wasn't ever Melissa's war to fight, but she's been doing most of the legwork for that smarmy French prick anyway. Take your guns, take your money, and just get out while you can. Preferably while giving the finger to every faction as you pass them by. Find a nice place to settle down in, get another ghoul are two, start making some cash. You're immortal, right? Just sit back for a hundred years or so until this all blows over, and prepare for whatever you decide to do next. Y'know, assuming these morons don't accidentally end the world.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

grobbo posted:

I wouldn't say *everything*. They're definitely swamped by the unappealing combat sequences, but there are some genuine highlights of the game that take place after the sewers. The wereshark, some of the more bizarre characters around Chinatown...and, of course, the werewolf sequence, which really does have great pacing and a neat sense of dread.

And then there's the other stuff.

...yeah, Chinatown has its moments. The main quest felt a little off to me. Granted, you're in Chinatown looking for Barabbus for Gary, but what's stopping a low-Humanity character like Melissa from dominating and/or slaughtering various humans to find the missing vampire? Very single solution. That said, the aging hitmen are hilarious and Mr. Ox is downright unsettlin'.

Corzanth
Apr 8, 2011

Rawr!
F-1. This mess is entirely someone else's problem now.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

F-1 Because gently caress everyone except for Jack and Beckett.

Jack's kindness alone does not save face for the rest of his crew. Beckett is a skeptic and says to get out. So out we shall get.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
A vote for the anarchs.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

F-2. This city's gonna burn.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A is for Anarchy.

Cool Chulainn
Sep 5, 2011

Who's up for a game of Swords & Speedballs?
D, Strauss

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
F-1. Kill all the assholes, burn everything to the ground, let the not-quite-as-bad assholes fight over the ruins.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I really wish we could side with the Anarchs, but honestly, they seem as united as a ham sandwich. Voting for F-2, cause while D is the nicer of the options, chances are we'd be trading one slave-master for another.

As for crowdsource theorycrafting:
Deb: Kindred or Kine?
Honestly, I like the idea Deb is Kine. One of the biggest issues in WoD was that near the end, anyone who was important had to be either a vampire, a ghoul, or a puppet. I like the idea that sometimes the best way to preserve the lie is to let it get it's own legs and walk about.

Alistair Grout: Dead? Alive? In Limbo?
I always got the feeling that Grout offed himself, the creeping madness was getting too much for him with all the whispers in the back of his mind.

The "Friend": What's His Angle, And Who Is He?
From the writing, I always wanted to say it sounded like Strauss manipulating things from the shadows, trying to create this sense of "you're being manipulated" while not interfering enough to get LaCroix or the Nos to look into the emails.

The Voerman Sisters Before The Embrace: Were There Two Or One?
Going with the previous idea that it's a single person with DID who had a traumatic past and was embraced.

Melissa's Sire: Shadowy Puppetmaster That Escaped Or Indeed Executed?
Honestly? I think it was some stupid out of towner who got staked, executed, and is now a pile of ashes on the stage. We're not special, it was wrong place right time.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
F-2

On the chance there really is a terrifying amount of power in that box, do we trust any of these other idiots with it? No.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

F-2, because really, gently caress all these people and their all their horseshit.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Going all the way back to episode one...

Don't open it.

F-1 gently caress all these people. Leave. There has to be some town out there less infested with assholes.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There should be a Rosa Roundup at some point, just to show how many of her predictions have come true.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

wiegieman posted:

There should be a Rosa Roundup at some point, just to show how many of her predictions have come true.

All of them. Everything she says will happen does happen.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

apostateCourier posted:

All of them. Everything she says will happen does happen.

Still not sure who the Lone Wolf she mentioned is.

Yeah, it -could- be Beckett, but throughout the game he's either going 1) the box isn't anything big, don't sweat it or 2) acting out of character there in the end and going "NO DON'T OPEN IT!". Unless it's the fact that he doesn't give a poo poo about the petty political games going on, in which case yeah he's a pretty big solid.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they were going to talk about why you couldn't exactly trust Nines; be interesting to hear that point of view if the person is still around.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Essentially because Nines, while well meaning, is ultimately using you (just like everybody else, except the two mentioned by Rosa).

Nines really is the prince of the Anarchs (despite how he would HATE that comparison). He plays the political game just as much as all of the other players.

It really is that simple.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

But at least Nines is a lot nicer and more polite than everyone else when he does. Plus he's not afraid of getting his own hands dirty instead of hiding indoors all the time. Also if you do his route ending you find out just how badass he really is, and could easily take on Lacroix in a one on one without breaking a sweat (if vampires did sweat of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this vote for the Anarchs isn't for Nines, more for Jack.

Even if this was all a big con and Jack backstabs us in the end, it'll be worth it just to be there when he does, that magnificent bastard.

• Locked thread