Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My copy of the OST finally arrived and I split off a piece of track 3 for ringtone use. Feel free to use it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86061564/description%20here_part1.mp3

I'll leave the link active for a day or so

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah so the BF Try OST is really good. It's criminal how underused it is.

EDIT: Oh and somebody better at translating took a shot at the track names.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 31, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah so the BF Try OST is really good. It's criminal how underused it is.

I was blown away with how we've only heard like the intro of track 12 when the actual track is amazing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was blown away with how we've only heard like the intro of track 12 when the actual track is amazing.

The Try OST is really techno-y compared to the original, but I like it because it gives it its own flavor.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It took me a bit to place it, but track 26 (youthful and foolish pupil) is a really slowed down version of Sekai's finisher theme. So unless his master pops up next episode, he's probably not going to get his character development spotlight until later.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They had the right to use G-Reco suits this season, right? Then why the hell did we not get not-Heero piloting a Grimoire painted like a Scopedog!?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They still haven't even shown the top 10 requested suits either, but I'm assuming they'll show them near the end in gundam valhalla pt 2 or something.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I hope that since the zaku guys put all their broken robot parts together to make a super zaku, that they go full power rangers with it and all control it together.

that would be cool.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They still haven't even shown the top 10 requested suits either,
Where can I see this list?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

1. RX-124 Gundam TR-6 (Woundwort)
2. GNT-0000 00 Qan[T]
3. ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam
4. ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam
5. RX-105 Xi Gundam
6. LRX-077 Sisquiede (AEUG colors)
7. LRX-077 Sisquiede (Titans colors)
8. MSA-0011(Ext) Extraordinary-Superior Gundam
9. GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam
10. MSA-0011(Bst) Superior Gundam Booster Unit Type Plan 303E "Deep Striker"

I don't think this list really changed much by the time voting was over.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Freedom, Destiny, and Qan[T] are some of the most boring things people could have voted for.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I pity the person who has to animate the Deep Striker.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nuru posted:

Freedom, Destiny, and Qan[T] are some of the most boring things people could have voted for.

At least the Zeorymer Gundam is in fifth place.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I would take anything on that list over the Woundwort, that thing looks so lovely.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't think this list really changed much by the time voting was over.

The final list didnt change much outside their positions. The xi moved up to second, both Sisquiedes went up, Deepstrike went up, QuanT/Destiny/strike freedom went down. MSA0011 dropped off the list and the Zedas took its place.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

nuru posted:

Boxing Destiny was rad as hell, you shut your filthy mouth. Freedom is also cool (not Strike Freedom, though). Qan[T] is lame though, granted. 00 Raiser is better.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ethiser posted:

I pity the person who has to animate the Deep Striker.

It will almost assuredly get one shot of it boosting in a straight line through a space battle and possibly firing a beam cannon before it either blows up or blows someone up and the camera jump cuts away.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

Boxing Destiny was rad as hell, you shut your filthy mouth. Freedom is also cool (not Strike Freedom, though). Qan[T] is lame though, granted. 00 Raiser is better.

I think a lot of people want to see the Qan[T] get to strut its stuff in an actual fight. There's a lot of batshit stuff built into that machine that we never saw.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Based off how BF usually handles it, you'll see it strutting its stuff by getting shot down by a Ball.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I think a lot of people want to see the Qan[T] get to strut its stuff in an actual fight. There's a lot of batshit stuff built into that machine that we never saw.

It only matters if we still get a dashboard Tieria.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

There really isn't all that much though. I mean, it looks like a complicated suit, especially going by the number of gimmicks the 00 Raiser had, but what does it really have? The GN-Sword V, a bunch of sword bits that can attach to the GN Sword V to make it a gun or a sword, or be hand wielded, and a gun in the shoulder mount. The Qan[t] is actually pretty tame by celestial being standards, which goes with its original design of existing to mind crush people into peace with its quantum burst.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the aesthetics of the 00 Qan[t] but the only cool thing I've ever seen it do came out of the preview for the new SRW where it abuses its teleportation gimmick to gently caress someone up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Clearly they should give it the GN Sword IV too. 00Q Full Saber would be amazing to see.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Caros posted:

There really isn't all that much though. I mean, it looks like a complicated suit, especially going by the number of gimmicks the 00 Raiser had, but what does it really have? The GN-Sword V, a bunch of sword bits that can attach to the GN Sword V to make it a gun or a sword, or be hand wielded, and a gun in the shoulder mount. The Qan[t] is actually pretty tame by celestial being standards, which goes with its original design of existing to mind crush people into peace with its quantum burst.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the aesthetics of the 00 Qan[t] but the only cool thing I've ever seen it do came out of the preview for the new SRW where it abuses its teleportation gimmick to gently caress someone up.

It can do pretty much anything the 00 Raiser could do with GN Particle Magic, but it also has the bit gimmicks which are super neat. The only thing it lacks from the Raiser is the missiles, pretty much.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Swagger Dagger posted:

I would take anything on that list over the Woundwort, that thing looks so lovely.

Actually, it's ownage as hell and your post is lovely.

Too bad it's not going to be in the show, neither will the Sisqueides because they're probably too hard to animate w/o any reference from previous material.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Uznare posted:

Actually, it's ownage as hell and your post is lovely.

Too bad it's not going to be in the show, neither will the Sisqueides because they're probably too hard to animate w/o any reference from previous material.

Why the Sisq? It looks like a fairly straightforward Gundam with a monoeye. Seems like it should be easy to put into a fight.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Why the Sisq? It looks like a fairly straightforward Gundam with a monoeye. Seems like it should be easy to put into a fight.

Because it's bulky as hell and there's basically no reference for it aside from like 2 promo images for a wonderswan game. At least the woundwort has the manga to go by.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Uznare posted:

Except both of them won contests to show up as cameos?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Except both of them won contests to show up as cameos?

If you looked at the website it never said all of them will show up nor that the first place will mandatorily show up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

New episode is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_R7TREqObM

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 7, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yuuma had a bit of personality, Hoshino realized she needed to rely on herself, the Build Burning got totaled, and the ~Mysterious Girl~ turned out to just not want to fight against weak opponents. It's pretty much everything that we wanted to happen, all in one episode. Here's hoping they can follow up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The most important part, Sugita got a gundam. And jobbed pretty hard

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
He blew up the goddamn moon.

I was not expecting that attack.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Accurate YT Comment:
"Transient Gundam? More like Tekkaman Gundam."

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
That was great, basically:

everythingWasBees posted:

Yuuma had a bit of personality, Hoshino realized she needed to rely on herself, the Build Burning got totaled, and the ~Mysterious Girl~ turned out to just not want to fight against weak opponents. It's pretty much everything that we wanted to happen, all in one episode. Here's hoping they can follow up.

^This.^

I can't wait for next week. :allears:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

Fumina's freakout was hilarious and the fact that she got the right lesson out of getting her rear end kicked is great. Yuuma was actually entertaining and was not a bitchy wet blanket for the first time since like episode 3; him sagely commenting on "So this is youth..." and commiserating with Ral's itchiness had me laughing out loud.

It's like Meijin heard that the characters were kind of bland and lifeless so he decided to fix the show with the power of gunpla battles.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Nice to see the Cherudim get some action. And was that a modified Qan(T) that Wilf was using?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Kanos posted:

Fumina's freakout was hilarious and the fact that she got the right lesson out of getting her rear end kicked is great. Yuuma was actually entertaining and was not a bitchy wet blanket for the first time since like episode 3; him sagely commenting on "So this is youth..." and commiserating with Ral's itchiness had me laughing out loud.

It's like Meijin heard that the characters were kind of bland and lifeless so he decided to fix the show with the power of gunpla battles.

Or at least, the writing staff looked back over their first run of episodes and realised that it just wasn't as fun.

The only question is whether or not that'll hold up when they get back to the plot proper. There's been more room for them to mess about in, so hard to say if they'll keep it up when they have to move back to 'serious' episodes.

Also, Yuuma inheriting Ral's greatest trait :allears:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Nice to see the Cherudim get some action. And was that a modified Qan(T) that Wilf was using?

My knowledge of mobile suits is a bit shaky, and it might've just have been the glowy bits, but it looks like it heavily borrowed from the Unicorn as well. At least the spear..

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The absolute best part was Yuuki shouting "GO!" to his motorcycle as he literally peeled off into the sunset. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Astro Nut posted:

Or at least, the writing staff looked back over their first run of episodes and realised that it just wasn't as fun.

The only question is whether or not that'll hold up when they get back to the plot proper. There's been more room for them to mess about in, so hard to say if they'll keep it up when they have to move back to 'serious' episodes.

Also, Yuuma inheriting Ral's greatest trait :allears:

The fight in this episode seems to point to them realizing that everything is better when everyone is having fun instead of indulging in stupid drama garbage. Wilfrid didn't really give a poo poo and seemed to be pretty unhappy/angry when fighting Karima, who was pretty clearly sandbagging just to try to get an intelligence advantage. When Sekai showed up and was like "ALRIGHT LET'S HAVE A GOOD CLEAN MATCH" he got really amped. I really liked the scene where Wilfrid stops to have a little chat with Sekai about the Build Burning's capabilities and goes "Oh, okay, since you're unarmed I'll fight you unarmed" and it was totally because he wanted a good fight instead of a contemptuous "you're not worthy of my spear" thing. It really tied into Meijin's whole "Gunpla battles are the best when everyone is trying to make them as awesome as possible" philosophy from season 1. Adou's reaction also made me like him more, since he was basically like "Holy poo poo man this is awesome let me get a piece of that".

• Locked thread