Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what do you need to do to get those flasks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

what do you need to do to get those flasks?

For the holidays, they have a thing where you can do daily quests that are all pretty easy. One instance, one pvp thing, and one "search ironforge for a snow pile"

You get reward tokens from completing the quests, which can then be spent on vanity mounts / pets / flasks.

It's honestly a god-send because the black lotus spawn points on this server have been bugged since the beginning of the server, so the market is messed up and flasks are way too expensive regularly, probably 3x what they would cost if everything worked normally.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

lapse posted:

For the holidays, they have a thing where you can do daily quests that are all pretty easy. One instance, one pvp thing, and one "search ironforge for a snow pile"

You get reward tokens from completing the quests, which can then be spent on vanity mounts / pets / flasks.

It's honestly a god-send because the black lotus spawn points on this server have been bugged since the beginning of the server, so the market is messed up and flasks are way too expensive regularly, probably 3x what they would cost if everything worked normally.

Wait you can get vanity mounts?
And I was not informed of this earlier?

VV: If I download WoW RIGHT NOW, will I be able to get a mount by the time the event is over?

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 21, 2014

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Serperoth posted:

Wait you can get vanity mounts?
And I was not informed of this earlier?

Haha... yes you can. It's costs quite a few shards though.

You would have to come online for maybe 1.5 hrs per day, do the 3 quests every day for the next week or something.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Playing as Lilpoot after a while out. MSGing people for an invite.

edit-- and I'm in. The guild forum would be great to read, but I'm not showing up on realmplayers and am only level 5 so I can't do the application :v:

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 21, 2014

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

COOL CORN posted:

Playing as Lilpoot after a while out. MSGing people for an invite.

edit-- and I'm in. The guild forum would be great to read, but I'm not showing up on realmplayers and am only level 5 so I can't do the application :v:

Just whisper someone and they'll let you in

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
:goatdrugs: ZG invites starting in 30 minutes(7pm) :goatdrugs:
Log on for eternal glory.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

"Blackwing Warlocks are now immune to polymorph and other similar CC affects"

Glad they released the notes a full day after they implemented the patch. I listed the full notes on the LGW forums.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wow! Fun!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nice

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Now that we have two Seriously Equipped MTs, feenix has decided to test our capabilities even further.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

i havent raided in months and even then i was afk for 420% of the time

huh thats odd

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
Is the reason I can't log in today, due to max population? There's no queue time, which I would assume is not something they would have put in. So I get to try to log in over and over and over.........

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Thinking about coming back on my holypriest that I haven't played for about nine months. When do you guys raid again?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Monday & Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET are our main raid days for BWL/MC/Onyxia and Thursdays (and occasionally Sunday) at the same time for ZG. Spots are very tight right now though, there is no guarantee that there will be an opening on any given day, but if you are looking to play consistently from now on and be at all raids, you can be made a priority invite. Hopefully you rolled Dwarf as that is the bottle neck for priests (Fear Ward). :)

Regardless, and this goes for anyone lvl 55+ inactive right now that we don't have account info for, I would log in ASAP and do the dailies, get feenix shards, and get some flasks (Titans for the guild if you don't plan to use them, we will pay you for them). You can get 2 flasks every day if you do all 3 dailies or 2 every 3 days if you just do the Digger Daily (find a snowpile, click it 3 times, done). The event ends January 5th so take advantage!

mewse
May 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBKqNt5ysq4

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

While paladins couldn't down anything, geared ones used to take a lot of time to take down. Sometime towards the end of wow, one geared dps paladin actually managed to do decently. However, I think a lot of the issues were, back then, they wouldn't hand the DPS gear that a ret paladin needed, before everyone else, including warriors, were taken care of.

DraconicBlade
Jan 12, 2010
Need bodies for zegee, click trollmans, save the day.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

:siren:ULTRAMEGARAIDATHON 2014 starting in 30 minutes!!!:siren:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

:siren:ULTRAMEGARAIDATHON 2014 starting in 30 minutes!!!:siren:

Also reminder that we have another mega-raid next Monday. Last one went very well, we were done with both instances by about 11 EST. Little later because we had to travel to Onyxia. But overall very fast.

No raid tonight obviously.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I just logged on and all of my addon and UI stuff had for some reason been reset. I've been trying to get things backs to normal, and have had moderate success (one of my addons won't work anymore), but in particular something's hosed up with my chat: I can't type into world chat, guild chat, I can't whisper, nothing. I'm not seeing anything from anyone else, so it's presumable going both ways.

I double-checked, and haven't been kicked out of my guild.

Any ideas on what happened/what to do?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

TipTow posted:

I just logged on and all of my addon and UI stuff had for some reason been reset. I've been trying to get things backs to normal, and have had moderate success (one of my addons won't work anymore), but in particular something's hosed up with my chat: I can't type into world chat, guild chat, I can't whisper, nothing. I'm not seeing anything from anyone else, so it's presumable going both ways.

I double-checked, and haven't been kicked out of my guild.

Any ideas on what happened/what to do?

Delete WTF and WDB folder (or move them somewhere). This will reset your addons again, but it should fix problems like that.

If it is still happening then I have no idea what happened... in that case, find a new copy of wow I guess.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

lapse posted:

Delete WTF and WDB folder (or move them somewhere). This will reset your addons again, but it should fix problems like that.

If it is still happening then I have no idea what happened... in that case, find a new copy of wow I guess.

No dice--didn't even reset my addons.

Guess this is a sign from the cosmos to quit WoW for a while. Thanks for the help anyway.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

TipTow posted:

No dice--didn't even reset my addons.

Guess this is a sign from the cosmos to quit WoW for a while. Thanks for the help anyway.

Uhh ok, weird... maybe your shortcut is pointing at a different copy of WoW than the one you think?

Oh well, good luck.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

lapse posted:

Also reminder that we have another mega-raid next Monday. Last one went very well, we were done with both instances by about 11 EST. Little later because we had to travel to Onyxia. But overall very fast.

No raid tonight obviously.

What the gently caress, I drove six hours back to Ohio so I could take tonight gently caress

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

What the gently caress, I drove six hours back to Ohio so I could take tonight gently caress

Aren't you an alcoholic or something? Go drink on New years

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
No I'm not a loving alcoholic, Jesus Christ.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

SHISHKABOB posted:

No I'm not a loving alcoholic, Jesus Christ.

Just what an alcoholic would say

mewse
May 2, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

Just what an alcoholic would say

I was going to post this exact thing. I guess great alcoholics think alike

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
gently caress YoU gUyS

Tgump
Nov 4, 2013
Posting to prove I'm a goon, charname Tgump, same as here.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Going to try for a ZG today, probably not at 7:30pm though, just as soon as we have 20 people interested with the right comp, we will head out so we have a heart for tomorrow. Could be sometime in the next hour if we get about 5-6 more people on.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

we will head out so we have a heart for tomorrow.

ICQ still has a heart

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

mewse posted:

ICQ still has a heart

BUT DOES HE HAVE A BRAIN!?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

Going to try for a ZG today, probably not at 7:30pm though, just as soon as we have 20 people interested with the right comp, we will head out so we have a heart for tomorrow. Could be sometime in the next hour if we get about 5-6 more people on.

ZG now, half a raid and filling fast!

Welp, ZG ripped so we need that heart tomorrow Icq. Same time, same place!

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 4, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

:siren: ULTRAMEGARAIDATHON 2, ver. 2015, TONIGHT!!! :siren:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Come raid with us, friends... we've been off for awhile and no idea how many people are gonna be missing. Need everybody that can come!

BTW last Mega-raid was our 2nd fastest ever for both instances. We can do even faster today because Darkmoon faire is up!!!

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Returning to my roots, started up a hunter named Marisi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebonuslevel
Dec 9, 2012
Hi, log time creeper and first time poster. Looking to flush out the guild's name and get weird with you all. D/L now and can't wait.

Edit: Made a Dwarf priest named Tacklebox.

thebonuslevel fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 7, 2015

• Locked thread