Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:monocle: Well, I never!

I expect that you could say this about much of your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlY9C6pzxKc

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Imaginary GF posted:

I expect that you could say this about much of your life.

I've played that drinking game.

There should be a version for D&D. "I've never been a young libertarian"...98% of D&D takes a shot. "I've never been a Marxist"...again, 98% takes a shot.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sharkie posted:

I've played that drinking game.

There should be a version for D&D. "I've never been a young libertarian"...98% of D&D takes a shot. "I've never been a Marxist"...again, 98% takes a shot.

"I've never watched any of the Peter Jackson Tolkein movies."

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"I've never watched any of the Peter Jackson Tolkein movies."

Hundreds of emptied whisky bottles are dropped to the floor at once, across the country.

edit: the "obama was foreign" shitthread was closed, but I didn't find this image for nothing, so enjoy.

If you play his speech at the 2004 democratic convention backwards, at the right speed, you can hear Obama say, with the Voice under his voice:

hope + change + race + you + didn't + build + that ÷ healthcare ÷ compromise ÷ misunderstanding × white guilt × shame × foreign policy failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=change, love=gay, life=abortion, self=black

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 2, 2015

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Sharkie posted:

Hundreds of emptied whisky bottles are dropped to the floor at once, across the country.

edit: the "obama was foreign" shitthread was closed, but I didn't find this image for nothing, so enjoy.

If you play his speech at the 2004 democratic convention backwards, at the right speed, you can hear Obama say, with the Voice under his voice:

hope + change + race + you + didn't + build + that ÷ healthcare ÷ compromise ÷ misunderstanding × white guilt × shame × foreign policy failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=change, love=gay, life=abortion, self=black

i'm just happy i got to drop in a lame Albert Einstein one-liner

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

how does the Jesus gimmick thread keep giving

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

That was a fun read. It never occurred to me to think about what HST would have thought of his Doonesbury character.

Did a quick search to see if he'd had time to object to Hunter Gathers on Venture Bros. but that was apparently after his time. Christ, he's been dead for a while now.

I used to read his column on espn2 even though I didn't really care about football because he'd gonzo it up from time to time.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

In keeping with this thread's constant food derails, how did I not know lemon curd was a thing you could just buy?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
late but i hope everyone had a nice new years eve celebration and that 2015 is good :)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
It is now my birthday, and thus time to reflect on my own mortality and lack of professional accomplishments. I hope that one day the ambivalence brought on by the numbing hand of time will make this yearly tradition cease.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

how does the Jesus gimmick thread keep giving

hosed if I know. I actually managed to get Kyrie to break character over two weeks ago, and it didn't slow the thread down one bit.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Technogeek posted:

hosed if I know. I actually managed to get Kyrie to break character over two weeks ago, and it didn't slow the thread down one bit.

Convincing yourself Kyrie is 100% legit is a necessary feature of posting in that thread, because it is unironically so much worse without him.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
finally watched the wolf of wall street. the cinematography is so good. the accents at the end were pretty offensive tho

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Disinterested posted:

Convincing yourself Kyrie is 100% legit is a necessary feature of posting in that thread, because it is unironically so much worse without him.

He has the perfect screen name for OP of that thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remind me what "white working class" is code for?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Meth.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

In the UK and US it pretty much has a schizophrenically split meaning. It either means white trash (meth adics, people who live in trailers), or can sometimes mean white guys who work in traditional manual labour.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There was a story on the radio this morning about how Democrats can't even garner 25% of the "white, working class" vote in some areas. I was like, you mean the ignorant racist vote, no I imagine not?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

This picture makes me experience my semi-annual desire for a boat, but boats are expensive and a hassle to maintain. Also I would be like "my boat."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Yeah the racist fucks that bitch about minorities taking are jerbs.

Probably overlaps well with assholes who fill their fb feed with Jesus macros.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

There was a story on the radio this morning about how Democrats can't even garner 25% of the "white, working class" vote in some areas. I was like, you mean the ignorant racist vote, no I imagine not?
If this was the NPR story, they mean the white people voting against their own interests because they've been convinced that the problem is immigration and demographic shift rather than a slowly building class inequality.

Mr. Block, he meets others.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Democracy means having to pander to literal racist morons because their votes count exactly the same as the most involved informed citizens.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

Democracy means having to pander to literal racist morons because their votes count exactly the same as the most involved informed citizens.

Bring back plural voting. Men aren't real men unless they get an extra vote if they went to university.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

I'd argue it's the other way around: people in power perpetuate racism to keep people acting against their own interests. Keep telling whites that they can't afford insurance because of immigrants and blacks on welfare and they'll start believing it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd argue it's the other way around: people in power perpetuate racism to keep people acting against their own interests. Keep telling whites that they can't afford insurance because of immigrants and blacks on welfare and they'll start believing it.

I think that the people in power who push that narrative also believe it. Steve King sure does.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

I think that the people in power who push that narrative also believe it. Steve King sure does.
Probably, but I see institutional racism as a mental illness. We can address the cognitive problems that feed racist thought.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think we can actually.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ReidRansom posted:

In keeping with this thread's constant food derails, how did I not know lemon curd was a thing you could just buy?

it is literally impossible for this thread to derail

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

Example: how many times do you hear about the minority neighbor who is just "one of the good ones?"

It's pretty darn ingrained into society like an ingrown toe nail ignored for years. It can be removed but will suck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pictured: mental illness.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pictured: mental illness goonmobile.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Being a goon is also a mental illness.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I have gone one week without a cigarette and I am salty as heck!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Being a goon is also a mental illness.

I don't think it's officially recognised yet. I'm waiting for someone to officially plead goon in a court proceedings.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

I have gone one week without a cigarette and I am salty as heck!

Keep it up!! It's just your heart thanking you for not shoving a bunch of nicotine in it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Disinterested posted:

I don't think it's officially recognised yet. I'm waiting for someone to officially plead goon in a court proceedings.
"Your honor, my client clearly has the ol' dromal phrenia."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So where are the thread mavens at on the newest practice of "vaping"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

So where are the thread mavens at on the newest practice of "vaping"

the most zoux post of 2015 so far

• Locked thread