Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fezball posted:

Right, you can see his insurance sum in the last screenshot - so 440 mil (assuming standard 5% rebuy cost).
Haha, I didn't even checked that, I just went off his balance and how much did he say he had +- some margin for guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Load up a Type 9 with Platinum, Gold and Palladium and jettison it outside a station in open. Or fly around, wait to get interdicted by a pirate and then taunt him before self destructing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Interdict a rookie CMDR in his Sidewinder and drop 500 tons of Palladium in front of him...with his cargo that holds a maximum of 2-4 ton. All this money free for the taking and no way to cash it in.

(afaik I don't think you can re-enter a instance if you both have left it, as well as canisters eventually self-destructing in the duration scooping, selling and returning would take.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I logged in last night to do some trading. Bought up a load of gold to trade, jumped, and docked at the next station. Looked at my cargo and it was empty. Credits were still gone of course. Now I'm space poor. Thanks Frontier. I can only hope something comes of the support ticket I put in.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
So I arrived at Big Harry's but there's absolutely nothing in the station and it doesn't look like the other two stations in the system will let me dock my anaconda there. Any nearby systems that sell tons of platinum I can jettison for people?

Also I'm thinking about just resetting my save since infinite money is a bit fun but it's getting boring really fast. And it'll probably get rolled back anyway, right? Frontier wouldn't just ignore someone who got 5 billion credits from their failing server?

kalstrams posted:

Haha, I didn't even checked that, I just went off his balance and how much did he say he had +- some margin for guess.

Also, I couldn't buy full A gear; the station only had C power plant, B frame shift and D sensors.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 2, 2015

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ambaire posted:

So I arrived at Big Harry's but there's absolutely nothing in the station and it doesn't look like the other two stations in the system will let me dock my anaconda there. Any nearby systems that sell tons of platinum I can jettison for people?

Also I'm thinking about just resetting my save since infinite money is a bit fun but it's getting boring really fast. And it'll probably get rolled back anyway, right? Frontier wouldn't just ignore someone who got 5 billion credits from their failing server?

Also, I couldn't buy full A gear; the station only had C power plant, B frame shift and D sensors.

Oh man, don't delete yet, let me get there for some sweet palladium :D I am piss poor, still trying to make at least a 100 k

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Ambaire posted:

I wouldn't delete yet, Frontier might want a look at your save. Go pick a fight with one of Patreus' capships or something.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Ambaire posted:

You have been given a superpower. You have been granted the mantle of the vengeful santa claus. You must use this to the full extent of your power to screw with people/benefit people until you're cash is back down to an "acceptable" level.

But seriously, the interdicting ships to give them gifts thing is great, people would be absolutely terrified of you.

Also! You can play around with the spinal cannon, the most powerful weapon in the game, which none of us have gotten to do yet! Tell us how well it works! Blow up a station or two!

Ori
Aug 19, 2014

The worst she might do is attempt to couple with your head. Fruitlessly!

Ambaire posted:

Frontier, you done hosed up. Keep in mind I only started playing this game about 3 days ago, and been in solo mode 100% of that time as I learn how to play the game. Last night, thanks to the server troubles, one of my modules bugged out and let me sell it for about 4.5 billion credits or something insane. This morning, I log on and it actually sold for that much; I had over 5 billion credits.

Lucky sod.

Ori fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 26, 2015

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

IronDoge posted:

I logged in last night to do some trading. Bought up a load of gold to trade, jumped, and docked at the next station. Looked at my cargo and it was empty. Credits were still gone of course. Now I'm space poor. Thanks Frontier. I can only hope something comes of the support ticket I put in.

Or, clearly, your job is to reunite your plundered wealth with it's rightful owners, like this guy right here. Preferably in a ludicrous situation where he has no chance of claiming it all.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Alright, I moved to Fort Futhark, 14LY from Big Harry's, and they have 34k palladium, 13k per unit. I have to take a trip into town today a bit later but if I still have this wealth when I get back maybe we can coordinate a goon giveaway thing. I don't have a mic nor headset but I suppose we could do something via mumble chat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm going to say the unpopular thing and suggest that maybe spreading your bug wealth is a bad thing.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to say the unpopular thing and suggest that maybe spreading your bug wealth is a bad thing.

At the very least it seems reasonable to spread it to those who lost their wealth to the same bug, no?

Which will only leave him with 4.5 billion left to go. :v:

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

At this point it'd probably be better for him to just open a ticket with the time he logged back in and had the cash, and when he sold whatever to get the billions of space dollars.

But whatever, credits don't matter right guys? (I want 4.5 billion :()

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Before I leave, the Anaconda is extremely big and awkward and even if I could obtain it legit, I'd never use something like this for mining; I tried a bit and the perceived length of the ship as seen from the bridge is more than the perceived max range of your mining lasers extending from the front of the ship. Scooping cargo is an exercise in frustration. To quote a person earlier in the thread, it maneuvers like a beached dead whale.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Ambaire posted:

Before I leave, the Anaconda is extremely big and awkward and even if I could obtain it legit, I'd never use something like this for mining; I tried a bit and the perceived length of the ship as seen from the bridge is more than the perceived max range of your mining lasers extending from the front of the ship. Scooping cargo is an exercise in frustration. To quote a person earlier in the thread, it maneuvers like a beached dead whale.

Does this qualify as :shobon:?

e: What happens if you use your plasma cannon on an asteroid? Also, please shoot a station with it before you delete your save.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ambaire posted:

You should have brought a python it's big yet agile. Also FYI you can just boost toward most smaller ships and see them explode on your shield.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Toplowtech posted:

You should have brought a python it's big yet agile. Also FYI you can just boost toward most smaller ships and see them explode on your shield.

He can buy a python. He can buy many pythons. He is a one goon armada. He is Legion.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

IronDoge posted:

I had a situation where an all-in trade resulted in no money and no goods, so I had to sell a laser to keep trading. Next morning my balance was back to square. only thing I can think is that they have some transaction delays.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's not that unpopular. I hope so at least.

GlyphGryph posted:

At the very least it seems reasonable to spread it to those who lost their wealth to the same bug, no?
Is this really a serious question?

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Ambaire posted:

It has to be better than the Type-9 I just switched into - the drat thing struggles keeping up with a station's rotation, and god help you if you have to make a 180 turn in frameshift :suicide:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Aside from the ethics (or whatever) of sharing the bug money around, Frontier would probably take a dim view of it

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Is 117 k enough to buy and adder and friendship drive?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Aside from the ethics (or whatever) of sharing the bug money around, Frontier would probably take a dim view of it

They have the logs and could presumably reverse it without warning.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ambaire posted:

Dude I just wanted to pop in and say I hope you get away with this, if it were me I'd ride it out and hopefully be a space Bill Gates.

I hope you get to keep all that stuff, it's hilarious :)

Edit: Is this you:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90723

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 2, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sekenr posted:

Is 117 k enough to buy and adder and friendship drive?
No, this won't be a good friendship drtive and a nice fuel scoop. 'Decent' starts at maybe 300k (inc. ship).

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

kalstrams posted:

No, this won't be a good friendship drtive and a nice fuel scoop. 'Decent' starts at maybe 300k (inc. ship).

Thanks

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So I lost all my rare cargo last night due to an NPC blocking me in and the station killing me, I log in today and I have all the cargo back, I love these server glitches!

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Hav posted:

They have the logs and could presumably reverse it without warning.

Yes, but it could possibly make it more complicated for them to reverse with the money being spent by an increasing number of players on an increasing number of things

one player buying some sweet ships isn't too big of a deal, multiple players buying ships and trading and influencing faction standings and killing other players and so on and so forth might be a trickier proposition (nb: I don't actually know if this is true)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

When I started, I bought Adder with FSD and fuel scoop as good as it could get on 150k total budget for ship in parts. Then I did painfully slow run with rares, and then it became ok.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Yes, but it could possibly make it more complicated for them to reverse with the money being spent by an increasing number of players on an increasing number of things

one player buying some sweet ships isn't too big of a deal, multiple players buying ships and trading and influencing faction standings and killing other players and so on and so forth might be a trickier proposition (nb: I don't actually know if this is true)

We need to do some money laundering

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The newsletter that came out now and reminded about the cash prize for Elite status makes reporting the money bug on the very least something you should do asap.
With actual money on the line in their competition for people to reach Elite status in one of the three branches it could put them in a bad light if they weren't aware some people could cheat their way (not saying your accident was on purpose, or foul intent planned) to a incredibly powerful ship making the Elite grind a lot quicker.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

The newsletter that came out now and reminded about the cash prize for Elite status makes reporting the money bug on the very least something you should do asap.
With actual money on the line in their competition for people to reach Elite status in one of the three branches it could put them in a bad light if they weren't aware some people could cheat their way (not saying your accident was on purpose, or foul intent planned) to a incredibly powerful ship making the Elite grind a lot quicker.

I'd bet that anyone in the running for the cash prize was poopsocking hard enough to be in endgame ships well before yesterday.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Not to mention the fine print states Frontier will be examining the records of any potential winner with a fine-toothed comb.

Something tells me "CMDR Poopsock suddenly acquired a billion credits" wouldn't go unnoticed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fezball posted:

I'd bet that anyone in the running for the cash prize was poopsocking hard enough to be in endgame ships well before yesterday.
I doubt someone has legitiamtely cashed up about a billion or so in two weeks. That would put the person at about 2.4 mil/hour, counting every hour since release.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Not to mention the fine print states Frontier will be examining the records of any potential winner with a fine-toothed comb.

Something tells me "CMDR Poopsock suddenly acquired a billion credits" wouldn't go unnoticed.

Considering all the bugs running amok right now I'm pretty sure every potential winner will have records looking like a nightmare to comb through. But of course, bugs producing billions of credits are the more obvious ones. The small-scale stuff will make them regret ever having had this idea, though.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

kalstrams posted:

I doubt someone has legitiamtely cashed up about a billion or so in two weeks. That would put the person at about 2.4 mil/hour, counting every hour since release.

True, but cash itself doesn't get you ranks. While you can make a half-billion Anaconda, it simply isn't needed for current PVE content - I'd guess about 100-150 million (probably even less) will get you a ship that allows you to kill/trade/explore as fast as is possible currently, and that was definitely doable (especially if you got in before the rare goods nerf).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fezball posted:

True, but cash itself doesn't get you ranks. While you can make a half-billion Anaconda, it simply isn't needed for current PVE content - I'd guess about 100-150 million (probably even less) will get you a ship that allows you to kill/trade/explore as fast as is possible currently, and that was definitely doable (especially if you got in before the rare goods nerf).
Anything around half-billion is certainly possible. As for shooting content - while I typically spacetruck, I think that Anaconda kills other ships faster than anything else, unless proven otherwise.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I like how the idiots were all so careful about this carefully crafted grind experience that you had to spend a million hours to fly the big ships, and suddenly lol gently caress you bugs everywhere and players get five billion credits and blow the mystery away for everyone else.

I still have a loving useless ship sitting in the hangar and been waiting 24 hours to get an answer to my ticket. Why did they have to make this game online at all jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

And since those poopsockers have played enough to have these bugs happen to them, they all get to be disqualified. :v:

But seriously, imagine you were in the running and this happened to you - what would you even do?

(The contest was a terrible idea immediately before a multi-week vacation on the part of support staff)

• Locked thread