Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that listed under the normal item under "Used" or is it a different link? I'm not looking for a full set but I do need a 3 qt tri-ply sauce pan.

Now I see it, its a pot. I didn't feel like scrolling back through posts to find the original and was having a hard time figuring out what the hell the curved scratched thing was :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Stavrogin posted:

First house! I'm returning to join the ranks of Grand Rapids goons.

Man I need to get back to GR and get a burger at Stella's. And some tots.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got this as a gift:

It's a portable battery charger that has a flexible solar panel that wraps around it when not in use. The solar panels charge slower than balls (2 full sunny days for a full smartphone charge), so that function is kind of a novelty, but it also charges via micro USB. Since I need to carry it on me anyways, and I live in an area that gets a lot of sun all year, it's worth using the magical solar.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Bhodi posted:

Quick update, this is the $100 defect/damage:

Thanks, Amazon warehouse!
I got a $100-$150 bike saddle for $50 and the only defect was the box was kind of beat up, so thanks for the info about Amazon Warehouse! I'm pretty much going to exploit this as much as possible from now on.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Stavrogin posted:

That garage at the back is bigger than a lot of houses in the UK...

App13
Dec 31, 2011

[timg]i.imgur.com/N4Q4Q5b[/timg]

Bought this a few hours ago. Opened it 2 hours ago

Wooooo

App13 has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Jan 1, 2015

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Stavrogin posted:

Heritage Hill area?

Bought this in July - Alger Heights...

colas
Feb 14, 2007

88h88 posted:

I think this when I watch stuff like A Clockwork Orange, Alex's house made me claustrophobic.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Captain Lavender posted:

Stanley Parable seems waaaayyy too gimmicky for me. Do you have any first thoughts yet? The low price tag is danged tempting.

I find it is like a lot of comedy movies: really funny if you are watching (playing) it with a friend, kinda dull by yourself.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that listed under the normal item under "Used" or is it a different link? I'm not looking for a full set but I do need a 3 qt tri-ply sauce pan.
Yep, it was listed as "one used" then you click on used and it says "sold by amazon warehouse".

You can also search the warehouse itself if you want to browse, it has it's own website.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 11:15 on Jan 1, 2015

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

kannonfodder posted:

I find it is like a lot of comedy movies: really funny if you are watching (playing) it with a friend, kinda dull by yourself.

It was certainly funny playing it with my 6-year-old watching on. "Noooo! He said go UP the stairs!"

Stavrogin
Feb 6, 2010

amenenema posted:

Heritage Hill area?

Close- Cherry Hill. I'm currently staying in AH till the closing. Ever been to the Great White Chicken Fish?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fractal Design Define R5

Here's to having a quieter, cooler, sleeker-looking computer in 2015 :toot:

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Jan 1, 2015

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I ordered this

As well as this stand. Pretty excited.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

88h88 posted:

I spent a summer in the UK with a friend of mine and you're absolutely right. It's staggering how much smaller homes are there and how much closer together they are as well. Less wasted space and all that though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tracula posted:

I spent a summer in the UK with a friend of mine and you're absolutely right. It's staggering how much smaller homes are there and how much closer together they are as well. Less wasted space and all that though.

Having a yard and breathing room, not to mention space to keep a house fire from spreading, is hardly "wasted space."

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

PCOS Bill posted:

Having a yard and breathing room, not to mention space to keep a house fire from spreading, is hardly "wasted space."

:shrug: I didn't mind all that being significantly smaller. The fire hazard thing is legit but I dunno, seemed nice to have less excess around compared to back here in the States.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fractal Design Define R5

Dang, that's really nice-looking and I might pick it up myself.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tracula posted:

:shrug: I didn't mind all that being significantly smaller. The fire hazard thing is legit but I dunno, seemed nice to have less excess around compared to back here in the States.

One man's excess is another man's cramped.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

mfcrocker posted:

It's a pretty good case.

Especially if you want minimalist quiet cases its almost the only option.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Whiteycar posted:

It's a pretty good case.

Especially if you want minimalist quiet cases its almost the only option.

I have two. They are great cases and have great cable management. They are also heavy as gently caress.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fractal Design Define R5

I have a Cooler Master Silencio case, and I love the look of it. It's not nearly as swish and cool as yours since my door has a plastic finish, but I definitely prefer it to an open face.

The only drawback is that I always have to keep the door open if I'm running newer games, otherwise I can feel my graphics card getting too hot.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SXmini mod. Because I'm a degenerate vapist now. :pipe:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend is getting heavy into vaping now, but I dunno crap about it.

Is there something I can get her that's awesomely "OMG COOL" while still being "not incredibly expensive"?

She's got some kinda small jar thing on a big pink battery, and she's subscribed to some flavor of the month grab bag club, but I was thinking more along the lines of hardware. She's geeky like me, so something light up or star wars/star trek would be extra fun.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

If she's into vaping with a tank style setup you could always get an upgraded tank like this (Aspire Atlantis):

But it's still hard to buy for people that are into it because there's a million little bobbles and upgrades out there.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Stavrogin posted:

First house!
Congrats!

Stavrogin posted:

I'm returning to join the ranks of Grand Rapids goons.

Sorry!

:)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Is there something I can get her that's awesomely "OMG COOL" while still being "not incredibly expensive"?

A new boyfriend would be a win/win situation.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

SXmini mod. Because I'm a degenerate vapist now. :pipe:

I have vaped in the past and I am really curious as to why, why get something like this?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Flaggy posted:

I have vaped in the past and I am really curious as to why, why get something like this?

Aside from the oneupmanship arms race of making a huge dense cloud and annoying people, when you drip vape in general the flavor is unreal good. I started with the little tanks and stuff and moving to the dripping style was really an AH HA moment. Additionally the hobby aspect of building/experimenting with different coils is a fun thing to do.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Do it. It's the best all-around case. Street price is $110 + shipping, but you can clear $100 w/shipping if you want for a sale.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Josh Lyman posted:

Do it. It's the best all-around case. Street price is $110 + shipping, but you can clear $100 w/shipping if you want for a sale.

I got the R4 fractal case a long time ago and loved it so much I used the same case on a bunch of different builds. Just remember to keep those filters clean.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought this to fill the John Green-shaped hole in my heart. My friend said it was pretty good, I'll see for myself.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought a mountain bike and helmet. Now I just need this rain to stop so the trails can open back up

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

A ponytail palm. It's my new baby.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cuniculous posted:

A ponytail palm. It's my new baby.

I really need to get some greenery in my house, but I have a 'withered thumb', or whatever the opposite of a green thumb is - I'll have to google some hardy plants :o:

Purchases!

One of may favorite artists, did a lot of the best pulp covers back in the 60s

Big screen entertainment, now I just need a video card that can push 3640x2180 in anything approaching respectable framerates :o:

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought this to fill the John Green-shaped hole in my heart. My friend said it was pretty good, I'll see for myself.

This book made me cry a thousand times more than The Fault In Our Stars did, so if that's what you're looking for, you're on the right track.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Big screen entertainment, now I just need a video card that can push 3640x2180 in anything approaching respectable framerates :o:

What model is that?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

colas posted:

What model is that?

It is the TX-50AX802B, usually a bit too expensive but I got lucky in the sales with a lightly-used demo model.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

SaltLick posted:

I bought a mountain bike and helmet. Now I just need this rain to stop so the trails can open back up

Great looking bike. I'm hoping to get something like that soon. Riding on pavement gets dull after a while.

These guitar strings are pricey, but are worth it. Great sound and they last a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!