Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CheesyDog posted:

Like we'd let our prisoners have fresh meat.

All you need to do is add in a little Pepper and you'd be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hardbody posted:

The amazing part of this whole thing is you guys paint with such broad and hateful strokes and actually believe your own bullshit. The disconnect is unreal. Cops are basically:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boss_Man_%28wrestler%29

Uh excuse me, if you listen to the song you'll clearly see he has no jurisdiction outside of Cobb County. :rolleyes:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Some dark humor for the thread:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01/01/nypd-asks-public-for-help-identifying-assault-suspect-turns-out-to-be-a-cop-video/

quote:

NYPD Asks Public For Help Identifying Assault Suspect–Turns Out To Be A Cop

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

E: though if his version of the story is true then that was kinda bullshit, his extreme reaction notwithstanding.

I want to hear from more NYC posters about how great it is not having cops getting on people's asses for low level poo poo :allears:

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 2, 2015

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

:haw:

E: though if his version of the story is true then that was kinda bullshit, his extreme reaction notwithstanding.

I want to hear from more NYC posters about how great it is not having cops getting on people's asses for low level poo poo :allears:

NYC lan thread is pretty much saying the same thing as here.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Even his version of the story makes him look terrible, since he wasn't on duty. I mean, it's over the line even if he is on duty, but it seems like he just admitted to a pretty straightforward assault and battery then fleeing the scene on top of that.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Also if I recall right assault on an MTA employee is a felony with mandatory jail time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I said every night
She just can't stop sayin'
New York City cops
New York City cops
New York City cops

They ain't too smart

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ActusRhesus posted:

he was looking at it from an inquisitorial system perspective...which we don't have. And we weren't discussing torture... or even coerced confessions...we were discussing illegal searches.

The fact that I am advocating for termination of police officers who conduct illegal searches in the police reform thread...and I'm still the rear end in a top hat here pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

This isn't a discussion on police reform.

It's the "gently caress the man" power hour.

God shut up

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This story is amazing for all the wrong reasons: Texas Gun Slingers Police the Police—With a Black Panthers Tactic.

A bit of background. Open Carry Texas has been ratcheting up its activities in North Texas, especially the Arlington and Tarrant County areas over the past year. They have staged many events in and around Arlington, the home of both the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Cowboys, in close proximity to Arlington's major tourist attractions for maximum effect. Now, these same guys are highjacking the current police protest moment to push their own interference and oversight of police activities, while they are carrying their weapons. The reason they haven't been shot yet is because they are all white or hispanic. Plus, Arlington is not exactly a hot bed of crime so the police are usually not going in with guns blazing to calls.

quote:

The group is led in part by Kory Watkins, an Olive Garden bartender trainer and a bandwagon activist who also presides over Open Carry Tarrant County (OCTC). (He’s also the host of Open Carry Cop Watch, an Internet radio show that’s launching this week.) Chasing leads from police scanners, members of OCTC and a local faction known as Cop Block—another loosely organized group of anti-law enforcement libertarian-leaners—have been gathering in the approach to DUI checkpoints and speed traps to warn motorists of the police presence, responding in real time with cops to 911 calls, making impromptu stops to film strangers’ traffic violations, all while trolling the police they observe. (During the heckling, bacon references abound, and some cop-watchers even wear police hats with pig ears attached as they follow officers.) According to Watkins, who often carries his AK-47 while cop-watching, the group makes as many as 20 stops a session, depending on the night.

According to the Arlington Police Department, cop-watching has been going on in that city for about a year. Though early interactions were uneventful—Sgt. Jeffrey Houston told The Daily Beast both the filming of police and the open carry of firearms are “a constitutional right that the department supports”—recently, the cop-watches have been escalating in hostility and frequency and several members have been arrested.

Open-carry activists are known for baiting cops into on-camera arguments about the Second Amendment and state laws. And Cordova has had his share of run-ins with authorities, including an ill-advised attempt to issue a citizen’s arrest for a police officer for double parking.

Arlington police say they’re gotten used to open-carry activists, and even the biggest firebrands among the cop-watch crowd. “It’s the combination that creates an enhanced threat to officer safety,” said Tiara Richard, a spokeswoman for the Arlington Police Department.

These people are not civil rights activists. They are libertarian shitheels who literally want to take Texas back to a frontier life style where everyone walks around with a gun strapped to their hip.

edit: the picture at the top of that story is not from Texas because open carry of handguns is currently illegal in Texas; only the open carry of long rifles is legal

radical meme fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 2, 2015

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

dude, that was weeks ago. keep up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

Olive Garden bartender trainer

I bet the suicide rate for this job is 100%

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I bet the suicide rate for this job is 100%

This entire open carry/cop watch thing is slow motion suicide by cop.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
They are just a bunch of crazy people that will end up killing themselves or other people given enough time.

Case in point: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Police-Texas-open-carry-activist-killed-husband-5952908.php

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pohl posted:

They are just a bunch of crazy people that will end up killing themselves or other people given enough time.

Case in point: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Police-Texas-open-carry-activist-killed-husband-5952908.php

That happened in Tarrant County also. That woman was part of this group. She drove herself to a mental hosptial in Arlington after she shot them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pohl posted:

That's very tragic, but I prefer weapons be hidden, so i disagree with her.

Watermelon City
May 10, 2009

Do open carry types know how it ended for the Black Panthers?

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Watermelon City posted:

Yea, but those were black people.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

quote:

One of her profile pictures reads, "Sometimes, removing some people out of your life makes room for better people."

Hm

Lemming fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 3, 2015

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Watermelon City posted:

Honestly? Probably not.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

radical meme posted:

That happened in Tarrant County also. That woman was part of this group. She drove herself to a mental hosptial in Arlington after she shot them.

If you read enough stories, it becomes clear that her friend, haha, boyfriend told her to go to the hospital. Guns let you kill other people way too loving easily.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

quote:

"The gun was in the bed, I went to move it, put it to the side, and it went off," McCollom said.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/02/justice/georgia-police-chief-wife/index.html?c=homepage-t

The gun happened to be in bed while the couple was sleeping and that's why the police chief shot his wife.

Who the gently caress sleeps with a loaded gun in the bed besides a tweaker 80s movie character?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

DARPA posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/02/justice/georgia-police-chief-wife/index.html?c=homepage-t

The gun happened to be in bed while the couple was sleeping and that's why the police chief shot his wife.

Who the gently caress sleeps with a loaded gun in the bed besides a tweaker 80s movie character?

He thought he was Eddie Murphy in Harlem Nights, with a gun under his pillow. Orrr he tried to kill his wife.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm all for gun control, but that isn't the world we live in. So why not follow in Heuy's footsteps? It did work the first time and (temporarily) curb police violence. As an added bonus for gun control nuts like me, it also led to some very stringent gun control laws. Win-win. I looked into representing my second amendment rights at some protests in Oakland. I learned I don't have any second amendment rights, at least not any that count. The rest of the country should follow in our footsteps.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DARPA posted:

So's that all it takes to get away with shooting someone? I sleep-shot them.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

DARPA posted:

Guns don't 'go off' unless they're so old or so poorly maintained that you're at fault anyway for using it. You pulled the trigger, either accidentally or on purpose, and it fired, because you were stupid enough to sleep with a loaded firearm in your bed and turned the safety off. :mad:

EDIT: Right, I forgot they don't actually have a physical safety switch, so it's entirely possible for someone to sleep fire it. Assuming they somehow grabbed the loving thing while asleep and then shot their wife in the back by having a loving gun with no safety switch in their god damned bed at night.

Seriously holy poo poo what was the thought process that led to that. :psyduck:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 3, 2015

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The safeties on Glocks are a bit different than other guns.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It is still very difficult, if not almost impossible to fire one accidentally. If your firing one in your sleep there is some de-facto negligence going on there.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Kitfox88 posted:

Guns don't 'go off' unless they're so old or so poorly maintained that you're at fault anyway for using it. You pulled the trigger, either accidentally or on purpose, and it fired, because you were stupid enough to sleep with a loaded firearm in your bed and turned the safety off. :mad:

EDIT: Right, I forgot they don't actually have a physical safety switch, so it's entirely possible for someone to sleep fire it. Assuming they somehow grabbed the loving thing while asleep and then shot their wife in the back by having a loving gun with no safety switch in their god damned bed at night.

Seriously holy poo poo what was the thought process that led to that. :psyduck:

Why are you assuming that he's telling the truth in any way? It seems a lot more likely he just murdered his wife.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
If all that is standing between you shooting your wife is "i hope my unconscious mind doesn't make my finger twitch" then it's no longer an accident.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Right, but I think it'd be pretty hard to fire a Glock with a New York trigger in your sleep.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
She's not dead though and he did call 911 right away. So there is that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

Must have been a limb shot.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Obviosly.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Doubtful one could claim to accidentally shoot their wife twice.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

bassguitarhero posted:

Doubtful one could claim to accidentally shoot their wife twice.

He said he shot twice. But the Georgia Bureau of Investigations says he only shot once.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

He said he shot twice. But the Georgia Bureau of Investigations says he only shot once.

Why isn't his own department investigating this?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Trabisnikof posted:

Likely because his department requested GBI do it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Trabisnikof posted:

Yes, why wouldn't the people that work for him, many of whom he has hired, all of whom answer to him every day, be investigating him for a crime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I thought I read he shot her back and she is in critical condition.

Was that particular Glock a .45?

• Locked thread