Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarro Bike
Jun 20, 2010

oh boy your are sick
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jos_Vondar this entire thing is pretty good.

Vondar plays Sabacc on Drongar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

muscles like this? posted:

Those immortal Force people showed up on an episode of The Clone Wars.

picture george lucas laughing at you from beyond the grave

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Bizarro Bike posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jos_Vondar this entire thing is pretty good.

Vondar plays Sabacc on Drongar.

I liked those books tbh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Monkey Man posted:

I think he couldn't appear in Episode III because he had a back injury.

Yeah, he gave an interview around when he was on the show and that was the reason he gave. He had really tore the crap out his back right around then so he wasn't doing anything at the time.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Millennial

"It was known by the ancients that a Dark Lord with three eyes has a secret strength possessed by none other."
―Trioculus[src]

Darth Millennial was a three-eyed mutant Sith Lord and Shadow Hand, heir to the lineage of Darth Bane, who lived almost a thousand years before the Battle of Yavin. Apprenticed to Darth Cognus, Millennial was powerful in the Force and had the ability to see the future. However, he and his Master disagreed on many aspects about the Sith, and Millennial became disillusioned with the Rule of Two, which he felt was far too restrictive, and saw far more sense in Lord Kaan's Rule by the Strong.

Eventually, he left his enraged Master and founded the Dark Force religion, which would later become the Prophets of the Dark Side on the planet Dromund Kaas. Proclaiming himself as a prophet chosen by the will of the Force, he attracted many Force-users from across the galaxy to his religion before passing away.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Everyone is so focused on the Yuzak Vong being lovely bondage people and not focusing enough that they were apparently SO EVIL their planet GREW HYPERDRIVES and left them.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The ones done by the Samurai Jack people? Those are pretty good.

The cartoon is amazing, although it couldn't really save Anakin and Padme from being terrible characters. Every episode not involving them is great and even the ones with them are OK.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Omally posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Millennial

"It was known by the ancients that a Dark Lord with three eyes has a secret strength possessed by none other."
―Trioculus[src]

Darth Millennial was a three-eyed mutant Sith Lord and Shadow Hand, heir to the lineage of Darth Bane, who lived almost a thousand years before the Battle of Yavin. Apprenticed to Darth Cognus, Millennial was powerful in the Force and had the ability to see the future. However, he and his Master disagreed on many aspects about the Sith, and Millennial became disillusioned with the Rule of Two, which he felt was far too restrictive, and saw far more sense in Lord Kaan's Rule by the Strong.

Eventually, he left his enraged Master and founded the Dark Force religion, which would later become the Prophets of the Dark Side on the planet Dromund Kaas. Proclaiming himself as a prophet chosen by the will of the Force, he attracted many Force-users from across the galaxy to his religion before passing away.

i think my new favorite thing to do on wookiepedia is scrolling down to the "appearances" section and see how many times the character with the 1500 word bio actually appeared in a book, comic, or movie.

the answer here is actually never, he was mentioned in 3 books, and apparently one of them was a retcon.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I thought Darth Millenial had the stretched earlobes, chunky glasses and PBR obsession, and would Force-choke anyone that failed to acknowledge xis preferred pronouns?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Blackdog420 posted:

The real question burning inside me is:

Is the Clone Wars animated series worth watching?

yee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c__EdPiU0No

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the star wars clone wars movie is very bad, is the series a lot different from it?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

shiksa posted:

the star wars clone wars movie is very bad, is the series a lot different from it?

The Clone Wars movie has little to do with the cartoon, the latter being perhaps the best Star Wars show to come out since the actual original movies.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
execute order sixty six

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Milky Moor posted:

execute page sixty six

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

shiksa posted:

Theres two different ones. The samurai jack style clone wars one which is pretty awesome and the CGI clone wars which continues on from the bad movie. It fluctuates from being awful garbage to decent.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

RocketLunatic posted:

Clone Wars radiates from pretty fun to pretty awful. I haven't finished it, but my son and I sit down to watch an episode once a week or so. There are some great little stories in it when it focuses on clone troopers and crazy battles, but then it can veer off into whole episodes about diplomacy and trade disputes and idiocy. Case in point, this type of crap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zCLeEntvgs

Best thing of all though is that if it is sucks, it's short. Only 20-30 minutes or so. It does feel more episodic and serial-like at times, which is what I thought Lucas was always originally going for with Star Wars in the first place.

why is the hutt a black person?

e: lol, nvm

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

that space station with the planet-moving tractor beam looks like a double-sided dildo.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

how do sith ever expect to enforce the dumb rule of two in a galaxy spanning civilisation, its another dumb thing that makes star wars feel really small stupid dumb sith

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah its supes dumb

I think a lot of writers just don't understand how loving big a galaxy is

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Moola posted:

yeah its supes dumb

or they know and don't care because nerds will buy anything

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

david... posted:

how do sith ever expect to enforce the dumb rule of two in a galaxy spanning civilisation, its another dumb thing that makes star wars feel really small stupid dumb sith

It's really dumb that it wasn't "Sith masters train one dude while Jedis can train multiple" instead "1 master, 1 apprentice, thousands of secret apprentices"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

How many here have read the original Flash Gordon comics? They're really neat because you can see just how much Star Wars borrows from them.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i think the worst thing in the eu - after general veers outcome of course - is the terrible lack of creativity displayed by the authors planet naming conventions. there are dozens of "ord [x]" planets, corellia isn't enough so there's also "corwellia", then ofc we have the 'ooines' - dantooine, tatooine, kantooine, there's like 7 or 8 more

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
The ooine thing is canon

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i think the worst thing in the eu - after general veers outcome of course - is the terrible lack of creativity displayed by the authors planet naming conventions. there are dozens of "ord [x]" planets, corellia isn't enough so there's also "corwellia", then ofc we have the 'ooines' - dantooine, tatooine, kantooine, there's like 7 or 8 more
But that's how place names work in real life? You attach something unique to a common affix like -ton, -town, -ville, -burg, -borough, -wick, -land, etc. "Ord" is supposedly "ordnance depot," so they are the Star Wars version of Fort Such-and-Such.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

The ooine thing is canon

I remember thinking that Dantooine and Tatooine sounded way too familiar, especially with Fisher's delivery when Leia rats out the fake rebel base.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Star Wars took place a long time ago so the universe was the size of like three city blocks

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I just remembered one.

Jacen Solo goes to some gem mining ship/operation that Lando Calrissian owns (of course) and finds a 1 in a billion gem, corusca gem I think, and Lando comments that its worth "a city block on Coruscant" and then Jacen goes "Um, no I'll use it in my lightsaber."

For that kind of money you could've bought a artificial gem making company and had them engineering the most superior light-saber crystal ever

quote:

Jacen Solo used a Corusca gem worth the price of an entire Coruscant city block, which he acquired at GemDiver Station, Lando Calrissian's mining station, to power his lightsaber. Ganner Rhysode was another Jedi known to use a Corusca gem in his lightsaber, until it was destroyed by Jacen Solo when he feigned alliance with the Yuuzhan Vong.

Same book had Tenal Ka use some shoddy flawed crystal she found because tough warriors don't need perfect crystals and it got her arm cut off. Then she cried about it and decided to be a tough warrior girl with only one arm. In a galaxy where near perfect prosthetics exist. Because drama.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's really dumb that it wasn't "Sith masters train one dude while Jedis can train multiple" instead "1 master, 1 apprentice, thousands of secret apprentices"

If the rule of two meant that a Sith master always had an apprentice that would be cool. If it means that there are only two Sith in the galaxy then that sucks. I haven't read wookieepedia for it but I bet the EU took the dumb version and ran with it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Moola posted:

yeah its supes dumb

See also: the entire clone army fighting a galaxy-wide war that lasts several consists of a few million people

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is Princess Leia's coke nail considered canon?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Action Shakespeare posted:

Everyone is so focused on the Yuzak Vong being lovely bondage people and not focusing enough that they were apparently SO EVIL their planet GREW HYPERDRIVES and left them.

This is not true. Their home planet kicked them entirely out of their home galaxy and then shat out an offspring planet that became a new planet in the galaxy they eventually got to after a thousand years or two. The new planet is the one with hyperdrives, and no one has yet (or will ever with the reboot) explain how the planet got hyperdrives or why being a force sensitive living organism world lets them add hyperdrives to it.

Or at least explains why if they could do it to that world no one ever did that to any other. I mean, that seems like it's right up Lando's alley if nothing else.

pentyne posted:

I just remembered one.

Jacen Solo goes to some gem mining ship/operation that Lando Calrissian owns (of course) and finds a 1 in a billion gem, corusca gem I think, and Lando comments that its worth "a city block on Coruscant" and then Jacen goes "Um, no I'll use it in my lightsaber."

For that kind of money you could've bought a artificial gem making company and had them engineering the most superior light-saber crystal ever

Same book had Tenal Ka use some shoddy flawed crystal she found because tough warriors don't need perfect crystals and it got her arm cut off. Then she cried about it and decided to be a tough warrior girl with only one arm. In a galaxy where near perfect prosthetics exist. Because drama.

Also the galaxy has cloning but medical technology for some unknown reason will never grow cloned organs/limbs/whatever. They just never did that. Ever.

Wolfsheim posted:

See also: the entire clone army fighting a galaxy-wide war that lasts several consists of a few million people

It only takes ten million soldiers to conquer this galaxy. We should mount some hyperdrives on our planet and tell Texas that this new galaxy is full of liberals and then kill all the Texans and we'll rule the loving place like Gods.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 3, 2015

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Sorry doublepost

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

pentyne posted:

I just remembered one.

~natural~ organically grown lightsaber crystals are obviously superior :biotruths:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

yeah its supes dumb

The hell you say. There's only like 10 planets.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

blowfish posted:

~natural~ organically grown lightsaber crystals are obviously superior :biotruths:

Man, Luke made his badass green lightsaber crystal in a drat easy-bake oven.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jace Madan posted:

Man, Luke made his badass green lightsaber crystal in a drat easy-bake oven.

Actually both the crystal and the easy-bake over were force-sensitive and knew the importance of helping Luke restore balance to the Force.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i think thats actually not far from the truth. Thats why he went back to obi wans hut to make it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

In the years following the Galactic Empire's establishment in 19 BBY, great efforts were taken to expunge the last remaining resources of the fallen Jedi Order from the galaxy. One of these measures was the banning of all crystals capable of being used in the construction of lightsabers. Due to this, Luke was forced to fabricate his own green synthetic lightsaber crystal, utilizing a small blast furnace and a book of instructions found within the home of his fallen Master on Tatooine.

God damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SaltLick posted:

In the years following the Galactic Empire's establishment in 19 BBY, great efforts were taken to expunge the last remaining resources of the fallen Jedi Order from the galaxy. One of these measures was the banning of all crystals capable of being used in the construction of lightsabers. Due to this, Luke was forced to fabricate his own green synthetic lightsaber crystal, utilizing a small blast furnace and a book of instructions found within the home of his fallen Master on Tatooine.

God damnit

So do all the Sith and secret apprentices do this too or is there some Imperial exception? Because it seems like banning all lightsaber construction would really be a problem if Vader's ever breaks.

• Locked thread