Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Arglebargle III posted:

I seem to remember copper (which is easy to smelt) being the most commonly worked metal in North America but this really isn't my area. But no simple iron tools just weren't made in NA because producing iron requires smelting technologies they didn't have. Specifically smelting iron ore requires specialized furnaces that get very hot. Copper ore can be smelted in a hot campfire.

The big urban empires in Mexico and Peru certainly had metal working technology, given all the gold they had. Why iron working was never pursued seems to be an open question.

Perhaps it's just a cultural thing; if metals are valued as manufactured goods, but not as weapons, perhaps there's just no incentive to start looking for harder and harder metals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

The big urban empires in Mexico and Peru certainly had metal working technology, given all the gold they had. Why iron working was never pursued seems to be an open question.

Perhaps it's just a cultural thing; if metals are valued as manufactured goods, but not as weapons, perhaps there's just no incentive to start looking for harder and harder metals?

From what I have gathered, iron smelting was discovered in basically one place and spread from there. It is not a simple technological step.

It's quite possible those in the New World just never happened upon the recipe.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Atlantis-chat: OP, can we get the Atlantis portion of this thread nominated for the Comedy goldmine? The EVE Online thread, of all things, is getting a kick out of the Atlantis derail.

To contribute something...A few pages ago someone asked about round shields versus square shields. Very early in Rome's history, Romans used a phalanx, similar to the Greeks. In a phalanx, soldiers are shoulder-to-shoulder--in modern military parlance, "at close interval"--forming a wall of shields and spears. With the advent of the manipular legion during the Samnite Wars, individual soldiers spread out. In modern military parlance, they would be at "normal interval", or about an arm's length from each other. This allowed the formation to turn and flex far more rapidly, but meant the individual soldier had only his own shield for defense. Hence, a square shield becomes more useful.

In later Empire history, the heavy use of cavalry meant that infantry began to need spears more than short swords. In addition, horses don't like running into dense formations of men. So, the legions tightened up their formations again and began using more spears, which meant a rounded shield became more useful once again.

Even in the many centuries of square shields, the Romans still used the shield wall--called the tortuga, or tortoise. However, it was primarily a defensive formation to resist missile fire, rather than a formation geared around the spear, or designed to fight cavalry.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

Gold is a special case; it overwhelmingly appears native, in pure metallic form. You don't have to smelt it at all. In contrast native iron is vanishingly rare. Iron smelting started out in the old world with the bloomery process which is a fairly complicated two-step process that yields lovely results if you don't know exactly what you're doing. One-step smelting requires a blast furnace with temperatures over 1000 centigrade. Smelting might have been invented independently twice in the old world, or only once if you believe it was transmitted to China from where it started out in the near east. For whatever reason the American civilizations never hit on it, but it's not particularly easy if you don't know exactly what you're doing or you don't already have a crazy hot furnace.

And I don't think it's a cultural thing. The American peoples adopted guns, horses and metal tools as soon as they could get them.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 30, 2014

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Aren't there a few examples of Inuit groups using meteorite iron? I'm not familiar with the techniques required with this so I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't 'smelting' though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BrainDance posted:

Empire or not, thanks everyone for the stuff about the Phoenicians. I always come into this thread wondering about stuff, but I don't know enough to know what questions to ask.

Like right now, I'm curious about the Ubaid period in Mesopotamia, but I can't think of a good question to start it off. I'm just trying to get a sense for how these people lived and what's left of them. I hear they had sailing and villages and trading and stuff, farming but no irrigation. Did they have any kind of government? Religion? I guess of course they had religion but do/can we know anything about it? What were these villages like? I can't think of a way to be less vague.

IIRC, they are either pre-writing or proto-writing, so we don't have a ton of written stuff about them, like we do with the more concrete Sumerian era, but the prevailing theory seems to be that they were run by priests or priest-kings, since their settlements are centered around what appear to be temples. The religion itself was probably dedicated to local gods or heroes, and the villages that grew up into cities had their gods grow up into the Sumerian pantheon.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Obliterati posted:

Aren't there a few examples of Inuit groups using meteorite iron? I'm not familiar with the techniques required with this so I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't 'smelting' though.

They certainly had the potential to do it, but much like the Norse, they would only have access to very small amounts of it if any at all.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Obliterati posted:

That's true for a lot of places. Prior to the invention of iron smelting, iron was revered as the most precious of metals and reserved exclusively for ceremonial and sacred implements. It was a gift from the gods, fallen straight from heaven.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Obliterati posted:

I want to say that Central American cultures used Obsidian extensively and perhaps their reliance on it negated a need to find something better. Although it's hard to say if quantities were actually great enough to satisfy their needs. The Near East had obsidian as well but eventually moved onto Bronze and Iron.

Not sure if that's what you were thinking of.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Gold is a special case; it overwhelmingly appears native, in pure metallic form. You don't have to smelt it at all. In contrast native iron is vanishingly rare. Iron smelting started out in the old world with the bloomery process which is a fairly complicated two-step process that yields lovely results if you don't know exactly what you're doing. One-step smelting requires a blast furnace with temperatures over 1000 centigrade. Smelting might have been invented independently twice in the old world, or only once if you believe it was transmitted to China from where it started out in the near east. For whatever reason the American civilizations never hit on it, but it's not particularly easy if you don't know exactly what you're doing or you don't already have a crazy hot furnace.

And I don't think it's a cultural thing. The American peoples adopted guns, horses and metal tools as soon as they could get them.

I'm not trying to imply there's something fundamentally different about them, just that they may have valued metal as 'soft shiny stuff', which would be bad for tools, while in Afro-Eurasia it was a combination of that and 'hard, edge retaining material', which means it's useful for tools and especially weapons. Obviously Americans knew a good idea when they saw one, they just hadn't thought of it.

That said, I hadn't realized gold was so easy to come by, so that might torpedo my little theory. Do you know how American societies extracted their gold? Roman extraction seems to have been very involved, with water and mercury being pumped everywhere; I'm curious if it was the same story across the Atlantic. Presumably without iron tools it wouldn't have been?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Thwomp posted:

I want to say that Central American cultures used Obsidian extensively and perhaps their reliance on it negated a need to find something better. Although it's hard to say if quantities were actually great enough to satisfy their needs. The Near East had obsidian as well but eventually moved onto Bronze and Iron.

Not sure if that's what you were thinking of.

I know obsidian was useful in weapons, but was it that useful for tools as well? I seem to recall that it was sharp, but kinda brittle, which seems like it'd make it difficult to use for things like picks, axes, hammers, and hoes and the like.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I read up on Native American technology a while back and my memory is a little hazy, but the two big themes were A) due to the lack of writing we really don't know what happened to some of the cultures that rose and fell before or directly after contact and B) most of the technology they didn't have was probably due to those technologies not being as useful because of the terrain/animals/plants in the area. If your stone axe works just about as well as the really hard to make bronze axe the guy one village over is making then why are you going to expend a ton of energy and manpower learning that skill and keeping it going?

As far as I know North America did not have any ability to smelt copper and just relied on natural copper deposits that they would hammer out to whatever shape they wanted. In South America they actually did have advanced bronze working, but still mostly used it for decorative uses. It was used in tools in South America but again, it wasn't better enough than the stone that it really took off in a big way.

If any of that is wrong let me know, but from what I read that was my impression. I just ordered 1491 and I'll read it after I clear out the rest of my backlog.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tomn posted:

I know obsidian was useful in weapons, but was it that useful for tools as well? I seem to recall that it was sharp, but kinda brittle, which seems like it'd make it difficult to use for things like picks, axes, hammers, and hoes and the like.

Obsidian-toothed scythes from ancient Turkey.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Question: what all do we know was going on in sub-Saharan West Africa during Classical Antiquity? I'm not really familiar with anything in that area up until the Islamic conquests and the interactions the Arabs had with Ghana. Every discussion I've seen of sub-Saharan Africa in Antiquity has focused on Ethiopia (Aksum etc) and I was wondering what you'd find going on in West Africa around the time of Augustus, or even further back in the time of Pericles.

EDIT to clarify: everything I've seen about West Africa basically starts around 700 CE with the first exposure to the Arabs. I'm wondering what we know of the period before that.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 30, 2014

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

I'm not trying to imply there's something fundamentally different about them, just that they may have valued metal as 'soft shiny stuff', which would be bad for tools, while in Afro-Eurasia it was a combination of that and 'hard, edge retaining material', which means it's useful for tools and especially weapons. Obviously Americans knew a good idea when they saw one, they just hadn't thought of it.

That said, I hadn't realized gold was so easy to come by, so that might torpedo my little theory. Do you know how American societies extracted their gold? Roman extraction seems to have been very involved, with water and mercury being pumped everywhere; I'm curious if it was the same story across the Atlantic. Presumably without iron tools it wouldn't have been?

Are you sure mercury was involved in gold extraction? That sounds like silver mining to me. Gold is special because it's so non reactive. It doesn't bind with oxides to form gold minerals. You just find it in chunks or wires or flakes of already-metal and mechanically separate it from the rock. No chemical process required.

Gold and silver often appear in the same rocks and silver does readily bind with mercury which is why I say that sounds like silver mining.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Obliterati posted:

It's interesting that you mentioned Inuits because Greenland is the only place on Earth that has native iron. (That didn't fall out of the sky.) I have no idea whether that deposit was accessible before modern mining though.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

Are you sure mercury was involved in gold extraction? That sounds like silver mining to me. Gold is special because it's so non reactive. It doesn't bind with oxides to form gold minerals. You just find it in chunks or wires or flakes of already-metal and mechanically separate it from the rock. No chemical process required.

Gold and silver often appear in the same rocks and silver does readily bind with mercury which is why I say that sounds like silver mining.

Gold binds with mercury well, too. Chemists have long known to keep their gold rings in their pockets when working with mercury.

Crush the rock, mix with mercury to extract the metal. Boil off the mercury to recover the metal.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

I had thought they did, but a quick peek around the internet doesn't reveal anything, so now I'm not sure where that idea came from.

I swear I've read about large mercurial deposits in Spain that date to the Roman era, possibly in this thread. I assumed they were using it to leach something from the earth, but I'm not sure what now.

E: a couple places mention that mercury was and is used in gold extraction somehow, today mostly by independent miners, but no details. :shrug:

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 31, 2014

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Gold binds with mercury well, too. Chemists have long known to keep their gold rings in their pockets when working with mercury.

Crush the rock, mix with mercury to extract the metal. Boil off the mercury to recover the metal.

Ah okay. I think deteriorata is a chemist so he would know these things. So mercury would be used for poor gold deposits where you're going after bits that are too much trouble to mechanically separate from the rock matrix?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

Ah okay. I think deteriorata is a chemist so he would know these things. So mercury would be used for poor gold deposits where you're going after bits that are too much trouble to mechanically separate from the rock matrix?

Yeah. There are ways to separate the gold out through its density, but small pieces have lots of surface tension and chasing them all down is difficult, particularly if the ore contains relatively small amounts of gold. For a society without much technology, mercury extraction is far simpler.

Here's some guys doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOGf9XV3UDo

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Arglebargle III posted:

Gold is generally non-reactive, but not completely. It's notable in that it doesn't react to a lot of the common things that everything else reacts to, thus nuggets and no oxides.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Patter Song posted:

Question: what all do we know was going on in sub-Saharan West Africa during Classical Antiquity? I'm not really familiar with anything in that area up until the Islamic conquests and the interactions the Arabs had with Ghana. Every discussion I've seen of sub-Saharan Africa in Antiquity has focused on Ethiopia (Aksum etc) and I was wondering what you'd find going on in West Africa around the time of Augustus, or even further back in the time of Pericles.

EDIT to clarify: everything I've seen about West Africa basically starts around 700 CE with the first exposure to the Arabs. I'm wondering what we know of the period before that.

Hanno the Navigator supposedly went from Carthage down to Cameroon and wrote about the volcano there. This occured about some time 600-500BCE and apparently was costly as all hell in terms of personnel. He also is the guy who gave Gorillas their name, he just thought they were super savage barbarians not an entirely different species.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

YouTuber posted:

He also is the guy who gave Gorillas their name, he just thought they were super savage barbarians not an entirely different species.

Over a 1500 years later, in 1968, he would proven right by Planet of the Apes. :classiclol:

Hogge Wild posted:

What kind of sanitation did ancient Chinese cities have?

Your question got me curious, so I started looking into it. What I found out comes mostly from an article on Ancientworld.net (http://www.ancientworlds.net/aw/Article/1206707) which seems to be mostly an online community. In other words, I am not sure how reliable the article is. Here are the source the article quotes:

Sources:
Benn, Charles. China's Golden Age: Everyday Life in the Tang Dynasty, Oxford University Press, 2002
Gernet, Jacques. Daily Life in China on the Eve of the Mongol Invasion 1250-1276, MacMillan, 1962
China Culture
theplumber.com
World Plumbing

Apparently, it depends on the time period. Quoting from the article directly (I removed the anecdotes):

Han dynasty:
In 2000, archaeologists found a toilet with a stone seat, armrests and running water in a Han Dynasty (206 BC-24 AD) tomb.
Clay models of combination pigsty-privies have been found in Han dynasty burials, a fine example of early recycling. These can still be found in rural areas of China today. There is archaeological evidence that men and women used separate public privies. The artifacts supporting this are supposed to be on display at the Agricultural Museum of China in Beijing, though I cannot find any pictures.

TANG DYNASTY
During the Tang dynasty (618-907), all but the houses of the poorest had privies. These weren't all that nice though, usually just a slatted wooden structure sheltering a pit in the ground over which the user had to squat. These were erected as far away from the house as possible, since they stank. People would put dried jujubes (the fruits of the Chinese buckthorn, Ziziphus zizyphus) into their nostrils before entering to combat the odor.

SONG DYNASTY
In the late Song dynasty (1250-1276), the houses of the richer citizens of Hanzhou had cesspools. The book is unclear how these cesspools were dealt with, but it states that the canals of Hanzhou were meticulously cleaned, particularly during the hottest months of the summer, to prevent the spread of disease. The poor people went in buckets, the contents of which were collected every day by workers called "pourers". These people were highly organized and had territories which they fiercely protected, since they could sell their gleanings for fertilizer.

QING DYNASTY
In the Qing dynasty, the emperor decreed that there were to be no public toilets anywhere near the palace area. This was a fine idea for the court, since they had portable toilets which were carried around to wherever they were needed, and cleaned out, by imperial workers. The citizens suffered though, because of the layout of the city. Bejing expanded in circles emanating from the Forbidden City. Neighborhoods, known as hutongs, consisted of groups of narrow streets and alleys surrounded by courtyard houses. Most of these housing lots were too narrow to include private privies, and so the inhabitants had long frequented public bathrooms. When the last Qing emperor abdicated, there were but eight public toilets in the whole of Beijing.

Also, from multiple other articles I've seen, it seems toilet taper was invented in China. According to what I've read, the first reference to toilet paper appear in the 6th century AD in the imperial court. (http://ancientstandard.com/2007/05/...0%A6-hopefully/ http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/08/toilet-paper-was-first-used-by-the-chinese/ and a few others)

Dalael fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 31, 2014

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

They certainly had the potential to do it, but much like the Norse, they would only have access to very small amounts of it if any at all.

The main source for Inuit iron were the meteorites.

Eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_York_meteorite

Greeks having asswiping stones and Americans using corn cobs was new to me.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dalael posted:

Over a 1500 years later, in 1968, he would proven right by Planet of the Apes. :classiclol:

Your question got me curious, so I started looking into it. What I found out comes mostly from an article on Ancientworld.net (http://www.ancientworlds.net/aw/Article/1206707) which seems to be mostly an online community. In other words, I am not sure how reliable the article is. Here are the source the article quotes:

Sources:
Benn, Charles. China's Golden Age: Everyday Life in the Tang Dynasty, Oxford University Press, 2002
Gernet, Jacques. Daily Life in China on the Eve of the Mongol Invasion 1250-1276, MacMillan, 1962
China Culture
theplumber.com
World Plumbing

Apparently, it depends on the time period. Quoting from the article directly (I removed the anecdotes):

Han dynasty:
In 2000, archaeologists found a toilet with a stone seat, armrests and running water in a Han Dynasty (206 BC-24 AD) tomb.
Clay models of combination pigsty-privies have been found in Han dynasty burials, a fine example of early recycling. These can still be found in rural areas of China today. There is archaeological evidence that men and women used separate public privies. The artifacts supporting this are supposed to be on display at the Agricultural Museum of China in Beijing, though I cannot find any pictures.

TANG DYNASTY
During the Tang dynasty (618-907), all but the houses of the poorest had privies. These weren't all that nice though, usually just a slatted wooden structure sheltering a pit in the ground over which the user had to squat. These were erected as far away from the house as possible, since they stank. People would put dried jujubes (the fruits of the Chinese buckthorn, Ziziphus zizyphus) into their nostrils before entering to combat the odor.

SONG DYNASTY
In the late Song dynasty (1250-1276), the houses of the richer citizens of Hanzhou had cesspools. The book is unclear how these cesspools were dealt with, but it states that the canals of Hanzhou were meticulously cleaned, particularly during the hottest months of the summer, to prevent the spread of disease. The poor people went in buckets, the contents of which were collected every day by workers called "pourers". These people were highly organized and had territories which they fiercely protected, since they could sell their gleanings for fertilizer.

QING DYNASTY
In the Qing dynasty, the emperor decreed that there were to be no public toilets anywhere near the palace area. This was a fine idea for the court, since they had portable toilets which were carried around to wherever they were needed, and cleaned out, by imperial workers. The citizens suffered though, because of the layout of the city. Bejing expanded in circles emanating from the Forbidden City. Neighborhoods, known as hutongs, consisted of groups of narrow streets and alleys surrounded by courtyard houses. Most of these housing lots were too narrow to include private privies, and so the inhabitants had long frequented public bathrooms. When the last Qing emperor abdicated, there were but eight public toilets in the whole of Beijing.

Also, from multiple other articles I've seen, it seems toilet taper was invented in China. According to what I've read, the first reference to toilet paper appear in the 6th century AD in the imperial court. (http://ancientstandard.com/2007/05/...0%A6-hopefully/ http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/08/toilet-paper-was-first-used-by-the-chinese/ and a few others)

I find many of your posts to be :nexus:, but will admit that this is a good post about :nexus:.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hogge Wild posted:

Greeks having asswiping stones and Americans using corn cobs was new to me.

Where do the three seashells fit into all this?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Those of you who would enjoy a man earnestly making the accusation that Rome fell because of too much homosexuality should peruse the DnD thread on Jesus presently, and bask in the glow of true :goatdrugs: at work.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

A rare case of the reverse-Gibbon thesis.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

StashAugustine posted:

A rare case of the reverse-Gibbon thesis.

Rare?

Quift
May 11, 2012
I finally did it. I have now read the entire thread from start to finish.

Really an awesome thread guys. Thanks for all the effort.

And now to a question.

There has been a few references to a climate change during the 300. But I would like to know more about the climate before, now I just know the after. Our was it a temporary thing like the one on the 1600?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
As I understand it, there was a minor warming event in that period. I know that for a reasonable period you could grow wine even in some northern areas of Britain, which is still not really practicable today.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

sebzilla posted:

Where do the three seashells fit into all this?

The first source that Dalael posted says that they were used.

Quift
May 11, 2012

Disinterested posted:

As I understand it, there was a minor warming event in that period. I know that for a reasonable period you could grow wine even in some northern areas of Britain, which is still not really practicable today.

Was the warming prior then, and the cooling of was in the 300? It getting colder would explain all the migrations. I have realised that most troublesome times in history are related to changes in the climate. Anywhere you look if there are big political events somewhere there is almost always an accompanying change in climate.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Born again bible thumping Christian family member assures me that Rome fell because of homosexuality

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Christoff posted:

Born again bible thumping Christian family member assures me that Rome fell because of homosexuality

Point out to them that the homosexuality was in turn caused by climate change. All those tight vests and short-shorts.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Christoff posted:

They were loving dudes right from the start, if God cursed Rome because of the gayness he sure took his sweet time.

fantastic in plastic
Jun 15, 2007

The Socialist Workers Party's newspaper proved to be a tough sell to downtown businessmen.
God works slowly. It took him 4224 years between the creation of the Earth and the creation of the nation that he truly favors.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I got Everitt's "Cicero" for Christmas and am really enjoying it. Everitt mentions in the book that Cicero wrote a "Secret History" of the times (including his thoughts of the first Triumvate) that he didn't dare publish while he was alive, but that surfaced after his death and was well-read (and referenced) throughout antiquity, but was lost at some point since then. Looking this up I couldn't find any reference to it, the only listing of his missing works are a book on philosophy, the book he wrote after the death of his daughter, and four tragedies - can anyone tell me any more about it? What other works referenced it, what kind of content it may have included etc?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

my dad posted:

About Rome? "Hannibal Ante Portas" (1960) by Slavomir Nastasijevi

I might be an idiot, but I can't find a version that's in English. Only one on amazon seems to be in Serbian?

Is there some other title I should be looking under?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tunicate posted:

I might be an idiot, but I can't find a version that's in English. Only one on amazon seems to be in Serbian?

Is there some other title I should be looking under?

Holy poo poo, looks like it was never translated. I even checked if Zagreb publishing houses had editions in English, and nope. Goddamn. :( Sorry about getting your hopes up.